Avisunable to close contract after returning the car.

K

Last Friday (May 26th 2017) I have returned my rental car at the JFK Federal Circle location and I would like to download my e-receipt but for some reason in the system of Avis my contract is not closed yet. During returning the car, my rental car was scanned and checked for damage and fuel level and the Avis employee confirmed to me that the car has been returned succesfully. After contacting the Avis helpdesk I was advised to visit the counter physically but i have already returned to my home country, the netherlands. The helpdesk employee then advised me to simply try again tommorow, if the contract would be possibly closed by then as the employee could not reach out to the location because it was busy. I have felt very ignored, no custumor helpdesk ever advised me to just try again tommorow in case the custumor has an issue. I have asked for a direct number of the return location and I have attempted to contact the JFK location for 6 times. A voice is saying immediatly that the location is busy even during the night. All incoming calls are blocked by default for this location, not very convenient. After the voice saying the location is busy, i'm automatically trasferred back to the general helpdesk. So i am stuck in a loop. Today i have spoken to the general location after another attempt to reach out to the JFK location being busy again (at 5:30 in the morning) and I have been told to call another helpdesk at a different number, hence I am still trying to get my receipt. A simple receipt. On top of that i was not very pleased with the car I received, it was not clean, it was dirty and it had a bad smell, it smelled the entire two weeks I've rented it. I have received a smoking verchicle and I was not asked for this. Overall I am not very pleased with Avis. I took a very long wait at JFK, about 50 minutes and another 20 minutes for being helped at the counter (a very old DOS-looking program was used at the counter to reach out the rental cars to custumors).