Complaints & Reviews

liars

These people are such liars. My husband went to them back in February and they set up the whole plan to do...

rude long wait time

I scheduled an appointment at 4:30. I waited until 4:45 and had not been sent back so I asked how long the wait was, so I would know if I needed to reschedule. There were many people waiting. I was called back at 4:45 and sat in the chair until 5:05 until the dentist came in numbed my gum. I then heard him talking to a walk (a child who's two front teeth were a little wiggly). The dentist told the child he needed a splint and asked the mom when she could come back. She hesitated and he said he could fix it right then. The dentist reappeared at 5:20 to give me another shot (I was already numb). I waited until 5:35 until the dentist showed up again to say I was ready to have my cavity fixed. I told him he was extremely rude to have put me on hold for a non-emergency walk-in. He did not say a word. I ended up walking out with a numb mouth and no work completed and will NEVER go back. I have been going there for about 2 years and have had SO MANY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES. Pain, long wait time, ridiculous dentist turnover rate. There is one receptionist who even rolled her eyes at me. DO NOT GO HERE. The service is beyond horrible.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Sep 14, 2010

I am very sorry to hear about your experience! I will be sure to share your comment with the patient satisfaction team. Could you tell me which office you visited? You can also reach out to the team directly at 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected]

Thanks,
    Allie

trying to get me to buy bottom full plate

It started when 2 teeth on my partial were broken and lossed so i made an appointment. I waited at their office a half hour after my app. with people coming in and going right by me into their examining rooms. I proceeded to complain and their response was that I was a new patient and needed an exam. I stated that all I needed was my plate repaired. The exam was free she said . So I said O.K. After the exame they stated they had to pull all my bottom teeth and put a full bottom plate in for a thousand dollars. Allo I wantesd was my partialo fixed they said couldnt do it because it was metal. Well my teeth were solid enough for me so I told them to shove it and they responded in a rude nasty way . The next day I went to Forum Dental in Scranton and had them fix my plate in an Hour. So watch Aspens racket they try to push you into a expensive proceedure when you dont need it.

JaneDoe Sep 28, 2010

Today I went to Aspen Dental for a filling that came out.
    I couldn't make an appt b/c I didn't have dental insurance... then showed the secretary $5000 cash & asked how that worked for her.
    Now they took me right in. Full circular head x-rays twice followed by manual x-rays of my whole mouth.
    A full exam later & the dentest insisted on pulling ALL MY TEETH & giving me dentures!
    He said if I didn't agree he wouldn't be able to treat me!

He double talked pointing to digital x-rays... only I can read xrays ;)
    I pointed out the tooth I requested treatment for with a healthy uninfected root with the nerve far enough from the area that the filling fell out of.
    I asked if he was afraid of getting too close to the nerve & resulting in a root canal. He admitted it wouldn't need a root canal.
    So fix it... right?
    He left the room... a secretary came in & explained that the dentist gave me his treatment plan & wouldn't be able to help me
    unless I agreed. I agreed to take his card with his licencing info on it ;)
    Tomorrow morning I'm going to kick the hornet's nest that licenses this crook.

ill fitting dentures

My wife had her teeth pulled and now dentures from Aspen Dental. However they do not fit properly - they are...

unsatisfactory care

When I went to Aspen Dental 2 years ago for a dental cleaning, I was suprised to have an ultrasonic gum cleaning being performed when I did not ask for it to be performed. I inquired about it and was told "it was in my treatment plan". I stated that I did not agree to this service and didn't argue further about it. When I scheduled this dental appointment, I specifically said I just wanted a cleaning- not the gum cleaning I had last time.
When I arrived to my appointment, I was told that they had to stick to the treatment plan- with gum cleaning. I stated I refused this treatment but the dental hygentist wouldn't clean my teeth- she stated that I needed to speak to the office manager. The office manager comes in and says she sympathizes with me but the treatment plan must be followed. She says the hygentist must do what is best for my teeth and her repuation is on the line. I offered to sign papers stating that this was not an issue of money (2 dental plans to pay for services) and not a matter of me being uneducated about the importance of clean gums (I am a nurse), but a service I did not want to suffer through again and my gums appear just fine. Since when did the customer/patient not have a say in what THEY want? As a nurse I know that I cannot force treatment on patients against their will and this applies to ALL forms of healthcare. Aspen Dentals office manager insisted that they would not clean my teeth and give me an exam without the gum service being performed. I walked out and me and my family will never go back.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Sep 07, 2010

I am very sorry to hear about your experience, but appreciate you sharing. If you'd like, I can have a member of the patient satisfaction team reach out to you to discuss your concerns. Or you can contact them directly at 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected]

Please know that Aspen Dental doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that they not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health.

has no compassion

Our regular dentist was on vacation when a front tooth broke. I would not be seen in public with this tooth missing. It was a clean break and I thought that a bit of glue would hold it in place for a few days until my regular dentist was available. Aspen advertised walk-in service so I called to verify and after explaining what I wanted they gave me a same day appointment. Upon arrival we again explained that we only wanted a tempoary fix to hold us over and was told "no problem" they gave me 3 pages of questions to fill out and said that an x-ray would be required. When I was in the dentist chair, doctor Young Park said that he could do what we asked but REFUSED to do so because we were not coming back.

We should have been told up-front instead of waiting until then. Plus they had the audacity to bill my insurance for an x-ray and oral exam. What a bunch of money grubbing, unethical, expletive-deleted...

• Mo
    most likely it's your fault Jan 14, 2011

Hey Postpay

Sounds like bad communication between the front and the back. They could have saved you a headache had they told you upfront that they were not interested in treating you because they couldn't make enough money off of you. See if you go back to your regular dentist anyway then they are not making any money and well...it's all about the money.

fraudulent diagnosis

I am in the process of having Aspen Dental investigated in RI and attempting to have the entire franchise investigated based on the complaints here. My complaint is they mislead patients and misdiagnos them for the benefit of monetary gratification and are in violation of the ADA Code of Ethic, more specifically Code 5.A and 5.B.6. I will repost the results when more progress is reached. I went to my prior dentist and they did the same testing and report I do not have to have a scaling done and my gums are in healthy condition. They even refused to clean my teeth unless I have this procedure done which is not needed. I'm not letting this go. People are having it hard enough surviving without be ripped off by their dentist.

ConsumerBWare Sep 09, 2010

I am encouraging everyone to report their complaints to www.bbb.org/us
    Do you know that Aspen Dental is a member of the Better Business Bureau and will remain so unless people file complaints against them?

generally an awful business

I have been a patient at Aspen Dental for a few years and have finally had enough. Every time I have an appointment, I have to be on top of them about what my insurance will cover - whether it's a routine cleaning/x-rays or a filling. They have done an x-ray that was not covered and then charged me for it at the end of the appointment. They have tried to give me a white filling twice even though my insurance only covers silver fillings. They literally balance bill me for every single appointment. I have to call them every time to let them know I am not paying this bill. I requested an x-ray from them to bring to my oral surgeon when I was getting my wisdom teeth out. I made this extremely clear and they still gave me an x-ray that didn't even show my wisdom teeth. I had to leave my oral surgeon appointment to drive across town to get the correct x-ray, which I had to pay for a 2nd time, even though it was their mistake. The final straw was this past appointment - I had one of the first appointments of the day at 8:00. I was not taken in until 8:15, and the hygienist proceeded to scrape my teeth and gums so roughly that I was crying. She saw the tears and laughed. Then when she finished, she told me to wait for the dentist to inspect my teeth. I waited for 15 minutes and the dentist never came to see me. I finally left after I had been at this appointment until 9:15. Unfortunately, I still have to deal with them one last time - they balance billed me for a simple cleaning and bitewing x-ray AGAIN!!

• Allie at Aspen Dental Aug 17, 2010

Thank you for sharing and I am so sorry to hear about your experience. If you could message me your name and/or the office you visited, I can have someone reach out to you personally to address your concerns. Or, you can reach out directly at: 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected]

Aspen Dental offices always strive to keep patients happy and comfortable and again, I apologize that your experience was any different.

Allie

class action lawsuit against aspen dental

Class action lawsuit against aspen dental forming Within the first 3 days of posting the notice alerting...

poor customer focus

I had 3 appointments set up for a "deep cleaning, " then a regular cleaning and tooth extraction, and cavities. I went for the deep cleaning, couldn't keep the appointment for the tooth extraction, and they told me it could all be done on the day I was getting fillings.
When I came in for my appointment, I was told they would not be doing my extraction due to "staffing levels" and that the extraction wasn't on the schedule for what was supposed to be done. This was despite my Saturday appointment being bumped half an hour sooner previously SO this could be done all at once.
After my teeth cleaning, they filled ONE cavity, and whoever was doing it, I hope to God he wasn't a student, jammed something in my mouth the wrong way and it slipped off. Luckily it didn't hit anything in my mouth but sure made me flinch.
Whomever was holding the suction vacuum pretty much sucked my tongue out of my mouth, but didn't even get all of the filling material out as I had to stop them halfway through the procedure to pull a piece of it out of my mouth or I was going to gag.
Upset I wasn't getting my tooth pulled, I had to reschedule my appointment on their next Saturday they had open (yeah, they're open ONE Saturday a month, one day late a week). I guess its too hard for them to understand that people like me have to work a full time job and cannot just take off days of work to have a tooth pulled. Anyway, their Saturdays apparently don't become available until a certain "time" and I guess I got lucky! However, she seemed unsure to schedule me because the dentist that day WANTED TO KEEP A LIGHT SCHEDULE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I am the customer and you say that right in front of me! I was very offended by that, and probably won't even go back. I will say that the oral hygenist there was the nicest person out of all of them, but I don't care for the office manager.
STAY AWAY!!! Especially if you have a regular 9 to 5 job they certainly don't do enough to cater to their working clientele.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Aug 04, 2010

Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am very sorry to hear about it! I will share it with the Patient Satisfaction team. Or, you can contact them directly about your concerns: 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected]

Thanks again,
    Allie

poor service, worst dentist ever

Aspen Dental is the absolute worst dentist office I have ever been to. I have had so many issues with them I don't think I can remember them all. First, they pulled a tooth I needed to crown that had a previous root canal done and I am now questioning if it needed pulled in the first place. When pulling the tooth, he cracked the one next to it. So while waiting for my bridge to be made, which took THREE times because it was improperly made, it throbbed constantly and he would not write me script for any type of pain medication without coming back in for another visit. They told me on one of the many trips that I did not have an appointment even though I had my appointment card with me, so more time off of work. Now top it off I get a bill on Friday that is due on Monday when I was told that I was paid in full. So if you want a dentist that is just out of school and doesn't have a clue what he is doing, questionable price gouging and procedure necessity, then feel free to go here.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Jul 28, 2010

BeppyDawn,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear about what you're going through. If you'd like, you can reach out to the patient satisfaction team at 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected] They are trained to handle these kinds of situations and can help you with all of your concerns.

Thanks again,

ConsumerBWare Sep 09, 2010

Most of the dentists can barely speak English.
    Do you know that Aspen dental is a member of the Better Business Bureau and will remain so unless people file complaints?

unjust work

they made partial dentures for me after I had teeth pulled//cleaned//filled. which would not have happened in first place if I knew they could not do there job right. so why should I suffer when they did not do there job. will not give me a refund on the money I paid. which was 800 cash 1500 carecreditcard. not 198 dollars that they said is what the partials cost. I have a statment that says they were 449.50 each.

• Cl
    CleveOHMan Jul 27, 2010

I've been to Aspen, and have nothing but praise for them. The staff is knowledgable and professional, and they offered me payment plans which is something no other dentist was able to do. My friend reccomended them, and I will do the same to anyone who needs a good dentist.

No offence Taylor Jr, but I've seen your other (multiple) posts complaining about Aspen, and the 'before' pictures of your teeth you posted, and I don't think you can blame them for the way your mouth looks. It's obvious you havent exactly taken care of your teeth over the years. I think they probably did the best any dentist will be able to with a combination of false and real teeth. You might want to consider full false teeth. There is no way to make a mix of white straight false teeth with your yellow crooked real ones look good that I can think of, but blaming the dentist doesn't seem realistic.

poor services and billing practices

Aspen Dental Services in Hermitage, PA provides poor quality services. My husband and I both went back...

poor denture fit

I started my procedure for upper and lower dentures eight weeks ago. I should have known it was going to be a rough ride when the intermediate dentures were not ordered for my extraction. The fit was so poor that I had a bulbous mouth, the plate was thick, teeth to big and the bite alignment was off. It continued to get even worse when the second pair arrived and the bite was so bad that they couldn't even get them in my mouth, then they called and set we need another impression (this makes three). I refused to see the doctor there and they sent me to the Beavercreek office, where the dentist agreed that the denture was a poor fit, he made knew impressions and were rushed so that I could finally have some teeth in my mouth. When I arrived for my appt. the next week they tried to do another wax try-in...the denture was never sent out to the lab.

At this point I've asked for my money back ( I have no confidence that they can do my implants) and was told that I'd have to turn in my dentures and wait for a refund. I've lost work for over a month and wonder if they will ever get it right.

Don't go to Aspen Dental, though the office staff is very helpful and friendly it's a large corporation with deep pockets and they do no take care of their clients.

• Ge
    gerinky Mar 28, 2011

I have been 4 weeks without bottom teeth since I went to aspen dental and they extracted all my teeth. The bottom denture will float side ways if I open my mouth. Needless to say my food consist of mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and the likes. I have gone back at least once every week and so far its the same problem. They have not even tried to adjust the denture. The dentist did cut some of the bone out of my jaw. Did that help?? Nope. I am so disgusted I am not sure where to turn next. They have billed my insurance the max and then charged the Care Credit care 1000 dollars. Try contacting someone at CareCredit. I stayed on hold with them 45 min. 23 min and 38 min and have yet to be assisted. Anyone got any advice, please help.

malpractice

A hygienist at Aspen Dental during an overpriced and severely unsatisfactory teeth cleaning chipped my...

stop do not go to aspen dental‎

ASPEN DENTAL is outright fraudulent. Customers and Insurance companies beware of this company. They offered...

big coporate greed beware

The Aspen Dental scam happened to me at their office in Springfield, Ohio. In June and July 2010. I firmly...

poor implant work

I went to this place to get an estimate for top & bottom dentures. I was told that a bottom denture wouldn't stay in place due to a receeding gum. Sounded logical to me. They convinced me to go with an implant with a plate that would "snap" in and stay. I was thrilled to finally be able to eat again.
Although the procedure to screw the post into my gum was very unpleasant. Only to have one post come out on a Saturday morning. Try calling them on a weekend, forget it. Unless you are bleeding to death you get no return call.
Finally get the plate in and it is tight ans stayed that way for maybe 6 mos. Then it started to lift up and flop around while eating.
Long story short: this went on for 2 years with them replacing the "o" ring in side the plate. Every time it was replaced the hole was made bigger. After exhusting all the options with the "o" rings, I was recently told there was nothing more they could do.
So after $7, 000. for work that I could have gotten a regular plate and have it do the same thing.
Went to another dentist that a family member uses and for another 1, 200 he could fix Aspen Dental shoddy work. One of the posts was to large and slanted . I would like to take a sign and stand outside the office warning people that they are rippoffs.
If there is class action suit, I'd like to join. Lets make these people pay back all the money they charged for incompetant work they perform.

• Ms
    Ms. Jaime Galati Jul 29, 2010

I too was not given The best service at Aspen Dental. First, They never gave me a proper profession Evaluation, They set up a price and plan over the phone. I had no teeth in my mouth at all, they were already pulled. When I went in, The dentures were not the ones I wanted they were the Cold Pour Classic Dentures. I wanted the Premium heat-Injected Dentures the Natural-Lytes, So I had to go back into the office and have her set up a new plan. My lower lower dentures constantly come off. I was asked by friends at my work, Did they do a Bite test? What's a Bite Test? They never told me, I didn't know that they were supposed to do a Paper Bite test.
    My Friends at my work, then asked me did they do a Soft Reline? I said, What's a soft reline? Whose responsibility is it to inform Patients of all these procedures?
    To top it off, The ADA ( American Dental Association ) Here in Arizona really doesn't want to be or get involved. They tell you you have to go get a second opinion and then you can file a Complaint.
    In Las Vegas Nevada the ADA has a panel of Dental Professionals who when you go to see them, Two or three will come in and examine your teeth.
    It Seems to me that the dentists today make more money then the Doctors or Surgeons.
    All of this Malpractice by So called dental Professionals is because there is no Accountability for them. We let them get away with it.
    This as far as I'm concerned is what is construed to be White Collar Crime. Legal Criminals.
    John F. Kennedy once said: "United in thought there is nothing the people in this country can't do. Divided in thought there is little we can do."
    This is the Philosophy of the Republican Party: "Divide and Conquer."
    Someday Hopefully we will be able to look back at the 70's, 80's and 90's and say, "These were the dark ages in the history of a great and free Nation.
    So Mote it Be!

wrong teeth almost extracted

I was scheduled to have two extractions done on Monday June 17th. I arrived scared out my mind only to find that the Administrator
(Shannon) had entered the wrong tooth numbers in the computer (should have been #8 and #7, not #8 and #9) When the assistant cornered the Administrator about the mistake her response was that it was the doctors fault which was not the truth. I personally stood next to the Doctor when he wrote teeth #8 and #7 needed to be extracted not #8 and #9. They even had my "flipper all ready with the WRONG TEETH!!! For this service I was totally over charged...but the real funny thing is they keep calling me to schedule my Deep Schalling. Are they serious? Do not deal with these people. They are mean and inconsiderate to say the least!

• Allie at Aspen Dental Jul 15, 2010

Debbie,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing it with me. I am going to pass this on to the patient satisfaction team and have someone follow up with you. If you would like to reach out directly, you can call 1-866-273-8606 or e-mail [email protected]

Again, thank you for sharing and please let me know if you have any questions,

horrible experience

I went to Aspen Dental for a initial appt today Oh What a mistake this has turned out to be. I have a temporary filling done by a dentist over a yr ago that I want a permant filling placed in the tooth now the dentist adamantly refused to put a permanent filling in it he is trying to push root canals and crowns of which I can not afford I truly believe that he is not looking out for the best interest of the patient and is only looking at the dollar signs I will absolutly never go back there again and I will file a complaint with my insurance company over this situation

• Allie at Aspen Dental Jul 01, 2010

I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your recent experience. Aspen Dental doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that they not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health.

Would you be willing to talk in greater detail to the Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices