Complaints & Reviews

inferior work

I got dentures from aspen dental. Foolishly agreed to upgrade my package to the "best" dentures and now I am afraid i'm stuck. Not only do they fit poorly but the doctor doesn't seem to even know how to fix the fit. I'm on my second one and it really isn't any better.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Mar 09, 2010

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. We at Aspen Dental really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and we’d like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or [email protected] The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).

• Jh
    j h taylor jr Jul 22, 2010

i went back again to aspen dental office for another adjustment.besides the cap that the dentist says once there made nothing he can do about that.besides they still dont fit .for $850.50 you think someone can do a better job.now for the other $2000 & some dollars i got 4pulled teeth.whoa i want to be a dentist.this is a joke. nice uh makes me want to smile.

lied to take money

Aspen dental is the worst dentist I've ever been to totally lied to me to get my cash of 2, 000.00 and then did'nt finish the job stayed in pain until I got a new dentist now my smile is a smile Yeah for real dentist check there credentials before doing anything to your mouth like check to see if they have a college degree because if your getting partials they'll be some kind of imitation goop that dries and causes your gum's nothing but pain . There moving into these cities fast like Keizer, Oregon to take peoplesmoney if you go to a Dr.Charles hartman you better have him check your eyes because he does't know anything about teeth!{GUARANTEED}

• Allie at Aspen Dental Mar 05, 2010

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patient [email protected]

• Sj
    SJ40 Mar 13, 2010

This kind of complaints about nothing are outrageous.

what a joke of a con job

I went to Aspen Dental for a cleaning. They claimed to be giving free xrays and exam.
When I saw the dentist, she claimed I needed 10 (ten) crowns at $900 per crown. Also, I needed new upper and lower partial dentures, and scaling procedures. I asked if I had any cavities and the dentist replied "I don't see any cavities". I explained that nothing was wrong with my current upper and lower partials. She replied, "they are too old after eight years." I asked what was wrong with the four crowns I already had. She replied, "they have to go". She said my "gums bled" when she examined me. When flossing or brushing, I've never had bleeding. Then I was escorted to the financial person to apply for a loan. What a joke!!! All I can say is: they prey on gray haired women...DON'T GO THERE, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. I hope I escaped by not making another appointment and I did not fill out application for loan. Somehow, I have a feeling they are going to try to get money for xrays, and con job exam that is advertised as free.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Feb 15, 2010

unprofessional

I have my share of fillings. Couple of weeks ago one of my fillings became loose and fell out along with part...

service

I went in as a new patient for a cleaning. I moved to the area about a year and 1/2 ago and had not yet seen a dentist. I saw my last dentist every six months and had seen him in the month I moved. Aspen was in the network of my dental carrier and location was convienent. They took approximately 25 X-rays and then the dentist reviewed and took a look at my teeth. They said they could not clean my teeth that day, since they claimed I needed a deep cleaning and that they had to do the cleaning in sections. I then met with the "financical counselor" who presented a bill for $3500, after insurance it was $1500. Besides the deep cleaning, they choose to refill all of my fillings, flush out my gums, floride, coating for my gums, etc. After I spent 1/2 hours having her explain all the charges and eliminating them, repeatedly saying all I wanted was a cleaning, I got the bill down to $300 (after insurance). I scheduled the appointments. After considering all the services they tried to get me to do, I decided this was not a business I was going to support and cancelled. I will find a small local dentist without the fancy packaging.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Feb 11, 2010

We’re sorry to hear that you weren’t fully satisfied with your Aspen Dental experience. Our doctors are focused on providing comprehensive care, which means that we not only want to address any immediate problems that may cause pain or discomfort in the short-term, but also recommend dental treatment for long-lasting good health.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience with a member of our patient satisfaction team, please call 866-273-8606

• Re
    Reviewer84659 Aug 30, 2015

There are two reasons that I decided to get a new dentist. One is that of all the visits for dental work at the Lady Lake office, my file has been misplaced every time. Other patients in the waiting room that were waiting also had their files misplaced also. Not an organized office. The second reason is that my confidence in the dental services at Aspen Dental was always very low due to the stories I heard while living in Cleveland, Ohio, but two times while getting a cleaning I asked if the dentist can look at the tooth they put a crown on because after the permanent crown was put on in the Lady Lake office, I have been having pain on and off in that tooth. The Aspen Dental dentist said nothing looked wrong. About a week ago I went to an emergency appt. with my new dentist elsewhere, and the pain in my tooth was do to an infection in the tooth. I need another root canal on that tooth as well as the one next to it. Aspen Dental did not seem to care about my tooth pain, and the infection in the tooth they put a crown on. Now I get to pay another couple of thousand dollars. Yippee. So I switched. l

failure to discolse information and charged for 1st visit

I went to Aspen dental because I was having a problem with a tooth and I had just joined a benefit plan and...

shady/false charges

I went in for a checkup, i knew i would need the deep cleaning. They did their checkup and told me i needed a...

horrible service

I went to Aspen Dental about two weeks ago for 1 extraction and have never been so upset or in so much pain in my life! I had the procedure on Thursday and by Friday I clearly had dry socket and my "hole" was extremly infected and leaking puss into my mouth like crazy. Im pregnant so I didn't smoke to cause this to myself and Im not really supposed to be taking pain meds but I ended up having to since these people wouldn't help me! I called Saturday and spoke to the man who pulled the tooth and he wouldn't see me because he was 90% sure it couldn't be dry socket and was sure it wasn't infected just claimed it was my sinus leaking. I suffered in terrible pain ALL DAY Saturday and Sunday! Finally Sunday night we tried calling him again and he wouldln't answer his phone nor would he call back the page. I was crying for the last two hours becasue even after taking pain meds the pain was insane and I couldn't even stand to be in my own skin. Finally their lead dentist called back and my husband told her I NEEDED to be seen asap he's never seen me in so much pain and all she had to say what she better stop taking pain meds its bad for the baby (they wrote me the script for the meds mind you) and we can see her tomorrow morning, def not tonight. Can anyone else believe this????? I felt so hopeless and knew I couldn't stand the pain and oozing until the next day so I called a local area dentist who saw me in 10 minutes and helped my out with numbing it, cleaning it, and treating me for dry socket! I felt relief after this man worked on me for 10 minutes tops! I coudnll't BELIEVE that a big place like Aspen wouldn't send ONE person in to see me and treat me for dry socket, have they never had this to know who horrible it is especially when you can't take pain meds????? Id like to see them go through it thats for sure. So here I am almost two weeks later still in awful pain because my jaw bone is haning out there in the air constantly causing me dry socket pain and as of this morning they told me I will probably have this pain for 4 more weeks because its going to take 4-6 weeks for the gum to close over the bone. I have to just accept it and thats that, be thankful im not in the hospital like some people after extractions. wow really they mess people up so bad at aspen that they have to be hospitalized????? How is this place still in operation and not being looked into by higher ups???? Im disgusted and want to scream from the roof tops to STAY AWAY from aspen dental, they do not care about their patients and its a sad sad thing going on there.

• Co
    ConsumerBWare Sep 09, 2010

Do you know that Aspen dental is a member of the Better Business Bureau and will remain so unless people file complaints?
    visit www.bbb.org/us

malpractice, etc.

Aspen Dental not only messed-up my wisdom teeth removal (which put me in the ER). They also repeatedly told...

services and products

They are very unprofessional and I had wrote to the Better Business Bureau about what they did to me. I went in for some crowns and they set me up with getting partials and the service was terrible. They messed up everytime and kept sending me back in for different reasons. The partials took 3 weeks to come in and they didn't fit right. They kept adjusting them and they still didn;t fit right. I had gotten an abses from them and they told me there was nothing they could do, it was my mouths fault that their partials didn't fit correctly. Than they sent me to another Aspen Dental and they redid them after my complaint and those still were made poorly and didn't fit my mouth. piece had broken off and they blamed me, all this had cost me over $5000. I will never go back there again. Their finance person Kevin is rude and made me feel this was all my fault, when they are the professionals (or supposed to me). I was just going along with their advice because they are supposed to know this stuff not me. Worst dental company out there.

• Ho
    houston morrow May 21, 2010

Hi!! how do we the peoples put a stop to cropration that continue to drag us (meaning customer) through the mud we need to stand up and hit hard right where it count (in there pockets deep then they stop) cause i have been figthing with aspen dental over 1year now about the service i didn't receive!!! and dentures i did not get(after 1yr. past they finaly gave me the wrong denture and asked me to sign a from saying that i pick them up (that didn't happen i needs a good lawer?

overcharging after insurance payment.

I went to their office a few days ago. They were rude when I would not commit to almost $2000.00 in charge...

overcharge - possible ins fraud

I made an appointment and went in for a basic tooth cleaning telling them that was the only service I wanted. I had seen them earlier for a couple of fillings and a crown which was basically mediocre work at best, but I have a very busy schedule and most dentist schedules are hard for me to fit into. At that time, I was deluged with a plethora of sales pitches about other products and services that I told them specifically I did not want.

When I got there for my cleaning, I was presented with a bill, before any treatment started and without any initial consult, for $441.50. I was floored by this. They had added additional procedures that I had specifically requested not to have and even added an expensive electric toothbrush to the bill. I said that all I wanted was a basic cleaning and that was all I was going to authorize and pay for. After 15 min of waiting, they presented me a corrected bill of $11.50 which I paid.

I went into the back for my cleaning and the hygienist spends 15 minutes literally browbeating me to accept these additional services, after all, my insurance will pay for most of it. She treated me like an idiot for not taking these services and that they know better. Then she wanted me to sign papers stating that I refused these additional services. Talk about absolute ridiculousness! I kept trying to tell her to just do what I specifically asked for and got to the point where I said, literally, Shut UP and just clean my teeth. I said that if they didn't, that I would just get up and leave. At that point, the dentist in the next work area comes over and joins the browbeating session. I am reclined in the chair and I just about throw my back out getting up. Their comment: "Don't leave with our stuff", I was still wearing the bib and chain!

I go out and demand a copy of the original bill of $441.50 they presented me with and a refund of my $11.50. They did give me the refund, but refused to give me a copy of the original bill saying that it was Aspen Dental property and I had no right to it. HIPA violation here? All through this process, every employee there was extremely rude! And I thought I was the customer!

After I got home, I went on my insurance company website and found out that Aspen Dental, without my authorization ahead of time, had gotten pre-approvals from my insurance company for Root Scaling and their Visilite cancer screening rip-off product. I think that this is called insurance fraud! I will be filing a complaint both with my insurance company and my state's AG.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Jan 04, 2010

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience. At Aspen Dental we really do strive to provide all of our patients with exceptional service and care, and we’d like to do whatever we can to resolve this problem.

Would you be willing to talk in more detail to our Patient Satisfaction team to see whether they can help address your specific concerns? This team of specialists is based at our Practice Support Center in Syracuse and is trained to help resolve these types of issues. They can be reached at 1-866-273-8606 or patient [email protected]. The team will respond to you as quickly as they can (within two business days of your initial outreach to them).

horrible service and work

Horrible work everything I had done went bad. I am not 3, 000 in debt for a crown with a post that fell out...

teeth extractions

I called Aspen Dental 3 days prior to my visit I explained everything to them over the phone i told them...

false promises, unsatactory work

I have visited Aspen Dental approx. 5 times since June of 09. I have had some expensive work done, including an upper partial and lower partial. I have had many problems with the upper and it is very obvious that there is a partial there. It looks horrible!!! The upper was attached to a crown which fell out because of removing the partial on a daily basis, I'm guessing loosened the crown. When I returned to the office, I was told we could save the tooth by performing a root canal. The specialist that could perform the root canal would not be in for 2 more weeks, and was told that I would be fine waiting that long. When I went to my appt. I was told that he would not perform the root canal, it was too extensive. Had I know that I would have had it done sooner, and a lot closer to home, I was so angry, I demanded my money back and was told that I would have to wait for the approval from the Syracuse office.
Now with the lover partial, I must have visited the office 3 or 4 times, one of the days being a full day visit. I live and hour and 15 minutes away, I always had to take a full day off work for all of my visits. Why in the world did it take 4 visits for a lower partial is beyond me, but I continued to go there because I had already paid for everything, and instead of the hassle of trying to get sa refund I foolishly continued going. I will NEVER return or recommend ANYONE to ASPEN DENTAL EVER!!! This has probbably the most horrifying experience I have EVER had with a medical office.

• Am
    Americabeautiful Mar 09, 2010

I am a patient of Aspen Dental Manchester, CT. Let me start by saying that the staff is nice. No one has ever been rude to me but that is where the satisfaction stops. The partial I have in my mouth is cutting me. I cannot eat or touch my teeth together. I called several times and went in to see what can be done. I was told that this is normal for partials to experience some pain. I can understand a few days of pain but NOT slicing into me everytime I put my teeth together or try to eat. I am experiencing cutting and gouging of my gums and my tongue ( I keep biting it) I don't see how this can be normal. I have the temporary partial right now but it still cost me about $519.00 so I think it should be right and not hurt me. I cannot get any relief from this pain. Anyone have any experience similar to this and what help did you get? HELP!! I can't stand much more of this pain.

another totally dissatisifed patient

I just finished reading the hundreds of complaints against Aspen Dental. Some of these stories are nightmares that never end.

The comment about the ever changing parade of dentists - totally correct. In the one-year I was a patient - I saw 5 different dentists. They don't stick around and there is no one there to actually follow the patient through out the entire process.

They conveniently broke the mold for my teeth, thereby giving them an excuse for teeth that don't match or fit. I am on set number 3 (including the temp set at the beginning of the process).

The pain is constant and god forbid if you have a full upper and partial lower plate - because they will never line up. After several office visits and attempts to adjust them - they're now so ground down that you cannot wear the lowers at all because not only do they not line up - there isn't anything there to help chew the food. You're actually doomed to eat soft food or soup...period.

They're called ComfyDents and ComfyLites...what a joke. There is nothing - absolutely nothing - comfortable about these teeth.

How do we go about getting a Class-Action law suit against them???

• Ru
    rubyrain Dec 28, 2009

If you find out what we can do, please let me know. I went in Jan. 09 to inquire about full dentures because my teeth were so soft and breaking off and had no luck with crowns. I seen the commercials and felt they were good. The first visits were great. They sucked you right in, rushed to get me in to extract my teeth and put temporary dentures right in. Even though the temps were not perfect, I thought for sure the permanent ones would be. What a mistake. When it came time for the wax try in, the two dentists that were taking care of me were "too" busy and I had some rude foreign female dentist. My teeth didn't fit right, and when I said something about it, I was told not to worry that they will fit. When I got the finished product, the teeth were way up under my lip. I had to curl my top lip up under my nose in order to show the teeth. The top front teeth were even with the roof of my mouth! I could not chew or bite. Even the receptionist said I was talking funny because my tongue would be sticking out of my mouth when I talked. I told the dentist that the teeth were set too far up. The bottom teeth were huge! He said they were fine. After more visits and finally crying, they agreed to redo the teeth. Ha! When they did the was try in for the second set, the teeth went down over my bottom lip. They made a mockery of me. I looked at the dentist and asked him about them being too big. He said figured that's what I wanted. All I wanted was teeth that looked natural and fit properly. He said he would fix it. Now my finished dentures are out like buck teeth and neither the top or bottom fit. I have to glue the top in at least twice a day and the bottom at least 6 to 8 times a day. I cannot go out to eat with out going to the restroom half way through the meal to glue my denture in. This is so embarrassing. And best of all, they don't have time for me anymore! I have half-### teeth and am in depth for $2000. (This does not include what the insurance paid for or what I gave in cash) My sister had dentures for the past 20 years and she does not glue her top ones at all and she glues the bottoms in the morning and they stay all day. She never heard of the problems that I am having. Aspen said this is how it is and they're solution is to get the pin implants. How convenient!!! This would be an additional $3000! I wonder if they don't make these teeth like this purposely for that reason. I'm miserable and can't eat anything that requires chewing. The teeth move all over the place and come loose. If there is anything that can be done, I would like to know.

• Mi
    misunderstood Jul 17, 2010

Good Luck Iwent to Aspen Dental little over a year agoand started with an inplant well the bar was inserted in July 2009 and still not finished they did more stuff than what I went in there for, I got and infection in my mouth got cut open and he said it was from the tooth next to it that caused the problem the one that had a root canal 10 years ago and said I needed a new crown because of the root My Dentist said that was inpossible because the root was deadand I had fillings done and one came out I told the office girl and she didn't care and he finaly saw me and he said it was broke no way just more money and they always call and change the time of your appointments and don;t understand we just can't get out of work because the doctor is busy or leaving early.Well I saw the Dentist the other day finally for my follow up appointment for my mouth to see how it is healing after the other one got cancelled, Well I was sitting at the window waiting to get my 15 min appointmet and prescribtions for the mouth because it still hurts to drink cold stuff on that side and he said he didn't see any thing wrong that it was healing fine and wanted to know if I got my crown fixed like he couldn't see that it was right in front of the healing one and the dentist who put that crown on had a totally different crown for my mouth when I got there he said he didn't know what happend and I would have to come back and the re did mouth impressions and all again that it the same one who said I chipped my tooth, well after my visit the other day they charged my account for 125.00 for a revisit follow up for the implant infection, plus they were talking about me in front of me to the dentist because I had complained saying I was confrontational and all to the Lisbon group I was supposed to had an appointment there and they changed the time and I told them I couldn;t make that time I have a job and that is why I had a 4oo appointment. and she was on my speaker phone at work and she said she would reshedule my appoint for this day and time for the waterford office and I told her I needed this time and that the Dentist should make time for his clients and that my mouth was still hurting, she never made the appointment I called the office to make sure that day of my appoinntment and they said I never had an appointment. so I called the main office and complained well the girls at the libon office told the waterford office lies, but didn't stop them from talking about me in front of me and acting all weird towards me. They need to becareful about what they say in front of there customers some can read lips...

totally dissatisifed customer...

I've read all of the hundreds of complaints from acrss the country against Aspen Dental. And, I concur the the masses that there should be a class-action lawsuit filed against them. They've not only duped their customers, they've double-dipped when insurance covered some of the expense and they still charged the customers.

What I have't read on-line is one comment saying something good about them.

I too am a patient of Aspen Dental and it's been a 2-year nightmare with pain, teeth that don't fit and not being able to eat normally.

It's time to hold them accountable.

horrible services

My husband was told that his "Total Treatment Amount" would be $6, 354.00. So far they have charged hi...

very bad service and products

In April of 2009 I went to Aspen Denatal for new dentures. When I said I wanted white teeth, they said I had to discuss it with the dentist. She said that white looks fake. No it doesn't! Anyway they made me new uppers and lowers for $2000.00. When I went for the wax fitting I couldn't stop biting my lips. They said this would not happen with the finishe product. I went back when they were finished and I could not believe that they expected me to where these teeth! They were way to small for my mouth and made me look 20 years older. They also did not fit. They made a new set which were alittle better but I could not eat without biting my lips and cheeks. Also the bottom denture had these huge flares in the back which the dentist said were to stabilize it and had to be there. Tons of food went underneath them! I have had dentures for 30 years and nver had any such thing. I decided to return them for a refund. Another dentist there talked me into trying again so I did. The next set fit better but I still constantly bite my lips and they do not fit right. I have no more time to waste with that place and cannot take any more time off from work to deal with them so I guess I am stuck. DO NOT GO THERE!!! You will be sorry.

• Allie at Aspen Dental Nov 30, 2009

I apologize for your experience with our office. Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. Please call our Patient Satisfaction team at 1-866-273-8606 or e-mail us at [email protected] and we will do our best to resolve any issues quickly and courteously.

• Li
    Linda AM Dec 14, 2009

I too am completely dissatistifed with my lower dentures. But, after many trips over there, I finally just gave up. I have worn dentures for over 40 years and have never had the problems I've had with these. The uppers are fine but the lowers, even after several adjustments, just simple do not fit right. I was told I could use that goo to hold them tighter. I shouldn't have to. None of my other sets of dentures ever required wearing that paste and for what I paid for these, which seems to be way more than most who commented here paid, they should fit very well.

billing

I retrieved an envelope from my mailbox addressed from Coast Dental. Once opened I was shocked by this letter...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices