Having problems with DentaQuest?

DentaQuest Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 278 7310 (General Member Services)
+1 800 466 7566 (Hearing Impaired Line)
+1 800 341 8478 (Provider Relations)
+1 800 936 0913 (WellCare National Medicare Providers)
+1 800 294 9650 (Utilization Management)
+1 800 237 9139 (Report Fraud)
+1 800 417 7140 (Main Corporate Phone)
+1 262 834 3735 (RFP Related Inquires)
465 Medford Street
Boston, Massachusetts
United States - 02129-1454

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DentaQuest Customer Service. Initial DentaQuest complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DentaQuest above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DentaQuest. Discuss the issues you have had with DentaQuest and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DentaQuest Complaints & Reviews

DentaQuestDental work done

My wife had a cavity filled, and the bill was for $210.00 Dentaquest paid only $4 of this bill, saying that there was a cheaper way to do it for only $5. Nothing can be done at the dentist for only $5.00
And we purchased their best plan, which should have covered 80% of this procedure. And on her visit before this, they paid nothing on an emergency dental visit for a cracked tooth. They claimed that was a routine maintenance procedure, and because we already had a cleaning done, they could not pay any more on routine maintenance for 6 months. That one cost us $68.00!

Dental work done
Dental work done

Sep 01, 2020

Denta Quest Dental — Refusal to pay legitimate claims

Every time and I mean every time my dentist submits a claim for dental work I have done to me to denta quest...

DentaQuestDental

Dental quest is horrible they deny almost all dentist requests for patients. Its a medicaid dental plan that does nothing to help the patients get what they need and dentists don't even want to participate with them. When you call for a dentist all they give you is information of providing dentists that don't even participate with denta quest. Medicaid needs to get a better plan this is horrible. I been due for a cleaning since may 2020 its now aug 2020 and im unable to find a dentist in my area denta quest tried to send me to ny city I live way far away from ny city medicaid needs more dentists that accept denta quest in my area all they dentists they send you to do awful work and don't send the bill correctly to denta quest or denta quest just gives them a hard time so the dentists shy away from them its awful my teeth hurt and I need a dentist

Jan 21, 2020

DentaQuest — dental insurance through marketplace.gov

[protected] Group number: [protected] DentaQuest I signed up for this insurance through the marketplace.gov for...

DentaQuestdentaquest could not provide an oral surgeon within 100 miles of me.

For anyone even thinking of Emblem consider this. They have denied a doctors request for an MRA for my 43% blockage and will only approve it when it gets to 70% blockage.
      Then I needed a dentist so they "researched the Latest listings" and came up with 3 dentists who nearly dropped the phone when I said I had Emblem . Then I complained about them giving me such a lousy choice and they actually got a conference call going and a Supervisor for their partner in crime Denta Quest said she would get to the bottom of this and did more research and came up with, get this, sending me to the kids practicing on humans at Stonybrook and yet Another dentist who won't take Emblem or Denta Quest . They searched over 100 miles on long island and came up with nothing but lots and lots of emails, phone calls, and not a single oral surgeon in all of Suffolk County. I am not saying the other companies are any better but this is my experience with Emblem.

DentaQuestdenied wisdom teeth removal

My daughter was given a referral from her dentist to have her wisdom teeth out. The surgeon sent her xrays and a report to DQ stating she was having headaches, intensive pain, not eating well, under pain medication for over a month and she took antibiotics for the infection, and all 4 teeth were impacted. DQ denied the upper teeth and only approved the lowers. My daughter is being in pain for over a month now. I have appealed the decision and filed a grievance but the receptionist said they do this to Kids all the time. And every time I call DQ say since there's no infection is not medically necessary. They failed to see that she already took antibiotics to prevent the infection to spread. My daughter will get the lowers taken out next week and probably not be able to do the uppers until much later because we don't have the money to prevent her going through this procedure twice. DQ claim that the board reviewing the claims are all dentists but I wonder if that is true because On their website it says that "insurance consultants" make the determination based on submittal of the dental climate form and they can't really say if is medically necessary or not because they do what's on the script for them. Now I have to either come up with over a thousand dollars or wait until my daughter's teeth gets infected or inflamed to get them removed. Just not fair.

DentaQuestcustomer service

As a provider I have been on hold waiting to talk to someone for an hour and a half. We are not even a provider with dentaquest anymore (for this reason exactly). A patient of ours was incorrectly directed towards our office claiming we are a provider with them (even though the automated system even knows we are not). I am just simply trying to help a person with this very very bad insurance find a dentist they can go to... An hour and a half and still not a single human has spoken.

DentaQuestdenial for orthodontist service

Wow! I'm a single mother with a special needs teenager and after reading everyone's heartache in dealing with this company is it worth requesting a review? Its FL Medicaid? He has TMJ migraines grinds teeth crowding over/underbite speech issues mouth pain and DQ Ins rejects claim. Saying "Our dentist looked at the information sent" Hmm I question that statement.

DentaQuestbraces denial

My son has crowded and impacted teeth and my dentist agreed he needed braces and gave us a referral to an orthodontist. The orthodontist agreed he needed braces and said they highly doubt I would be denied since he has impacted teeth. Well, Dentaquest denied us. We went back to the dentist a few months later and he couldn't believe we were denied and gave us another referral to a second orthodontist. This orthodontist could not believe he was denied and agreed it was medically necessary for braces. He said there was absolutely no way they could get "21 points" when he clearly had "28 points" (26 points are required to be approved). Dentaquest denied us again. This insurance is such a SCAM. Something needs to be done! There is NO reason kids (and adults) should have to suffer because they don't want to pay!

DentaQuestPeriodontal

They denied deep tissue cleaning. The dentist told me to resubmit the claim "because Dentaquest often lies." I printed out Dentaquest's guidelines for covering this procedure and brought it back to the dentist this morning. The dentist showed me the claim they submitted and it matched exactly with dentaquest's guidlines yet they still denied it. What they're doing is illegal and immoral but I guess they don't think patients will do the research, because they just made it very easy to take legal action.

DentaQuestservice/ providers/customer service

When tell I've never been so pissed off I've emailed Steven Polluck the CEO of this company to think the issue would be resolved about continued car for my son and braces and now he has devolved and infection and has been hospitalized and now being treated for an infection that hopefully doesn't spread through his body. No supervisors call you back and I've been waiting months I'm highly pissed off.

DentaQuestlack of dental benefits

I have been calling for over 6 months I believe to get benefits for my mother, Alberta Siegel. She has a cracked molar that needs to be removed and a front tooth that has fallen out. I have received very few names of dentists in my area. She originally went to one that is now claiming it is no longer 'credentialed' with you. A waste of time. She went to Polo Dental a few months ago and no one has bothered to call me back. They also barely speak English. My mother has been in pain for months and looks like a hillbilly missing her front tooth. Your service is a sham. Very few competent adult dentists in my area and no follow up from the lousy dentist we were forced to go to. I have called your corporate office but can't get through. Obviously you don't want to hear complaints. Now I have no choice but to file a complaint with AHCA and the Governor of Florida. Dentaquest is nothing but a ripoff for taxpayers. Taking their money and providing no services. Shameful!

DentaQuestcustomer & provider service, the lies

Omg, this consumer DentaQuest has been a complete nightmare I have been calling and recording calls with customer service for over a month and yet nothing has been resolved. They keep you on the phone well on hold over 30 minutes without checking back. Oh my how aggravating when you're at work trying to take care of business for you kids. I've made two complaints were I received an confirmation [protected]-01&[protected] and each time I was advised I would get a call back and i have yet to receive a callback and I'm sick of it nobody wants to help. Even the corporate level nothing is done. Pissed parent!!!

• Th
                          ThanhH Oct 07, 2019

This DentaQuest is a very very very bad dental insurance in the USA. They never solve any problems when you called. They deny the coverage on check up and cleaning twice a year and didn't approve for wisdom teeth removal, they always had mistaken when my dental office summit the claims so they don't have to pay for the services, I feel like Who ever has a bad luck to get their dental insurance. what a nightmare when you deal with them.

DentaQuestneeds for my daughter, but they won't pay..

My daughter went to the dentist and the dentist said she needed braces but dental quest won't approve them for her. Stating it's not medically necessary for her. How can they make a determination like the Dr. doesn't no what he's doing..they not the doctor and they haven't seen my daughter to make a decision like that..the reviews that I seen about them making me wanna change plan.. they don't care about my child well being, they care about saving them money to not pay.. can't wait to find better that will put my daughter needs first..

DentaQuestcustomer service

Nobody answers the phone. I've been trying to call to see if my child's regular appointment will be covered, since a dentist came to my kids school, because she will be due in a few weeks, but when I call, all I get is an automated system asking for a number I don't even know what it is & it goes on to playing music. I've tried calling 2x just today, which I'm actually on the phone right now, and I've been on hold for 35 minutes already & nobody has ever picked up the phone. How am I supposed to find out this information if nobody will pick up the phone, because I also have to make an appointment by a certain date but I can't even see if I'm allowed to because they won't pick up the phone.

May 25, 2019

DentaQuest — I paid you guys thru doxo for a payment of 35.00

Paid Denta Ouest a payment of 35.00 was supposed to be Denta Trust. Someone from Denta Ouest cashed the check...

Jan 04, 2019

DentaQuest — incompetent - idiots should be in jail.

A few days before Christmas, I developed a toothache. I went to our local provider (Charlotte County Health...

Jan 01, 2019

DentaQuest — premium payment

I've been trying to my premium since the 15 the of December when I signed up for them. I called and they told...

DentaQuest — Crown denial for front tooth after root canal

I had received a root canal on my front tooth #9 and it is so fragile and cracked in center it is in need of...

Montgomery

DentaQuest — oral surgeon referral

My daughter has been trying to get 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out since her March 2018 visit with her...