Ashley Furniturewon't refund me my money or provide me with the couch I purchased

Z

I purchased a couch in September with cash. I experienced creepy salespeople at the time and should have taken it as a omen of what was to come. When my furniture was delivered to the Regina store, we picked it up. As we had also bought an upright freezer, my husband was prepared to make two trips to bring the items home, but the warehouse staff told him not to bother, that they could set the couch on it's end and it would all fit in the truck bed. Then they hoisted it up on the truck on it's end. My husband figured, they must do this all the time for them to suggest this. Well, it fell off enroute. I was infuriated that a legitimate furniture store would even suggest such a thing and I told them I was returning the couch and I wanted my money back - it was the end of the road with my dealings in that store. Instead, I got a store manager who started the conversation off insulting me and my husband and telling me I was out of luck - that I had to contact Winnipeg. I left my damaged couch in their warehouse and stormed out of the store. But Customer Service wanted no part in helping me, appeasing me or fixing the situation. The same mantra is now repeated over and over and over again every time we call - the parts are being shipped, it should be ready next week. 4 months - that store has had my money. I have received noting but grief, insults and lies as interest. I did not know stores, in this day in age, could rip off people's money so easily. Ashely furniture claims their stores are so great because the people that own them and work there are part of the community. Well - maybe they live at the Correctional Facility because they are crook, pure and simple. I have run out of options to try and get my couch back to me - intact - or my money refunded. HELP!

• Sh
    shakei Jan 28, 2012

I totally agree with you! I purchased a sectional sofa from them, but ordered it facing the wrong way. When I called to change it they gave me horrible customer service, so I asked them to cancel the couch. The rep told me I should receive my refund in seven to ten business days. When I called back a week later to check on the refund, I was told I never cancelled my order and they would not be issuing me a refund. When I called customer care I was told that they would issue me a refund. Yea right. Only to be told the next day that they wouldn't. I have spoken to everyone in customer care and when I email the higher up they don't even respond. I will never ever shop at Ashley's furniture again. I think we should all get together and publish our stories on every major newspaper in the united states and on facebook.

jackie.bakercox Jan 16, 2012

I know how you feel. My couch is the pitts!!! They refuse to fix it. I will stay on top of this mess until the problem is solved or take legal action.