Having problems with Cymax Stores?

1866 740 9830 (USA and Canada)
310 4170 Still Creek Dr.
SatClosed
SunClosed
The United States
12020 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 100, Reston, Virginia 20191

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Cymax Stores.

Complaints & Reviews

Oct 08, 2018

Cymax Stores — horrible communication, service and approach to customer care

It's been 6 weeks since I ordered my office furniture, and it still hasn't shipped yet. The "fast delivery"...

Cymaxpoor customer service

This is regarding order # VRC121-[protected] for a Student Desk with Hutch that was placed with Cymax on Order Date: 9/17/2017 1:27:16 PM. This order was received on 9/25/2017 - Monday 11:43 am. However, the bottom edge of the desk was damaged. It was hardly noticeable when placed on the floor. I filed a report with pictures though regarding this damage on 09/27/17. I was told there would be a replacement.
My son really loved this desk though, and instead of going through the trouble to return it thought we would go ahead and keep it. However, the hutch that comes with the desk is not functional and is made poorly. There is no way to use a computer on the desk with the hutch in place. The low shelf on the hutch interferes with a lap top computer. Therefore, I called the company back on October 17th and said we would like to keep the desk but send back the hutch.
The customer service representative proceeded to inform me that they could not do this as it is sold together. Even though I pointed out that on the website it is sold as a desk alone or desk with hutch. Therefore, there should be a way for me to return just the hutch and minus the cost of the desk. I was then told again that the whole thing needed to be returned.

I am writing this complaint to let Cymax know my displeasure at such poor Customer Service. That the company would rather loose money over the purchase than to just return the hutch. To the point where I will no longer be doing business with Cymax as they do not know how to provide qualilty service.
I've since returned the furniture and am waiting for my refund. However, I've re-ordered the desk from another company and given them my money instead.

Sincerely,

Janice Rogers
[protected]
5511 Santa Monica Ave
Garden Grove, CA 92845

Cymaxcanceled my order

They canceled my order, even though I didn't ask for it. They sent me an email stating that I requested the cancellation. But I didn't. I really needed the items I ordered and obviously, it was their system mistake. When I called them they refused to confess it, which is very unprofessional.
    They could just offer me to reorder and that's all.
    I am very disappointed.

Cymaxcustomer service/ shipping

I'll start by saying that this is the first negative review I have ever left for a company and I shop both in stores and online, dine out, and use many professional services A LOT!!! For starters, my item was suppose to arrive between the 10-13, I called on the 14th to inquire on the whereabouts of my item and could not get through to customer service until 11AM my time. When they did open and I finally got connected, I was on hold for more than 30 minutes waiting to speak to a CSR only to be told by trisha that she had no explanation it was "a new shopping company she had never heard of or dealt with" and someone would give me a call back later that day. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, so she placed me on hold again and the man at ext 115 came on and said he would look into it and call me by 3pm my time, he never called back. The next time I called to inquire was in the 15th and I hung up after holding for 105 minutes, the next time I called was the 16th and was on hold for 65 minutes only to be told it should finally arrive the 17th. This company is ALWAYS experiencing high volume phone calls (easy to see why) and is not helpful or knowledgeable at all. Also, seeing as how i listened to their hold announcements for more than 3 hours, if like to say that "We will be right with you shortly" is first off... a lie, second contradictory and third redundant. Buyers beware when shopping on Amazon or other online sites that this is NOT the company your item is coming from!!!

Cymaxcurio cabinet

Ordered Pulaski curio cabinet over 2 months ago back in May. This company/scammer like to tease a lot stating that your order is on your way or coming soon. I waited patiently for many weeks and I finally cancelled the order. They gave the confirmation of my cancellation and mentioned that it will take 7 to 10 business days for the refund to appear in my account. I've waited over 2 weeks and I still didn't see the refund. I sent an email regarding to the refund and they responded exactly the same way..."Refund has been requested on your order and you'll be refunded in 7-10 business days." AGAIN...lol. I didn't hear from them again when I stated "I want my refund immediately". This is not a legitimate company as you know and I never had such a trouble with my order. Please don't play this old games with me and to others. I will make sure that I get fully refunded. I could write longer but what's the point.

Cymax — office furniture

on 6/7/2017 I ordered 3 items for a total of $ 2, 971.97. on 6/12/2017 Cymax notified me that the order had...

Cymax — false advertisement from a shady company

I ordered a small wicker patio table for $99. What I received was a cheap plastic table . Cymax requires that...

Cymaxused chair for only two months and it broke

Bought a chair from Cymax and it broke after two months of using. I immediately reached customer service and demanded another chair or a refund. They said that there was nothing they could do to help. I was super angry and even spoke with the manager, which was the worst ever.
          I'm talking about chair! When people buy furniture they expect it to serve years, not months!
          I even told them that I'm planning to seek help from the police and they just simply replied that I can do whatever I want. They aren't even afraid! I'm pretty interested who stands behind this business if dealing with police means nothing to them. I don't recommend this company, they sell terrible quality products and there's definitely something wrong with them. Stay away!

Cymaxbeware of this company!!! service is awful

Tues March 7th, 2017, Received 4 stools, 2 separate boxes, opened one box, assembled one chair March 8th, 2017, to see, and sit to make sure I liked them. Extremely uncomfortable, so I disassembled carefully, put everything back as it was in the box. All parts and pieces back in it's original shipping space, closed box to get ready to ship back, put in a return items order March 8th, 2017 got a return email 2 days later stating that "the manufacturer cannot accept returns on merchandise that has been assembled or is not in the original packaging, as these items are no longer in resalable condition"
            This company is a crock, and just want to get your money... DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Cymaxunauthorized credit card charges

February 18, 2017- pos purchase
              Opos 12.97 ic *freeshippi800-5
              17.46
              January 19, 2017- pos purchase
              Opos 12.97 ic *freeshippi800-5
              17.65

I purchased a night stand for, $329.87 fromcymax burna. which free shipping was agreed upon in purchase conformation. the $329.87 (can) was withdrawn out of my account. few days later, another $329.87 (can) was withdrawn, but then deposited back into my account. now vie been getting $17.65 the last two months, withdrawn out of my account.

• Updated by Emily Kovacs · Feb 18, 2017

please contact my through email. [protected]@hotmail.com

Cymaxottoman (extra large)

I was on Amazon.com and thought I had ordered a living room set with an extra large ottoman. All I received was the ottoman and want to return it back to you. Amazon had shown a full living room set along with the ottoman (extra large) and would have NOT ordered just that!!
                The ottoman arrived on Saturday February 4, 2017
                #[protected]
                So I need to know the process in returning this item back to you along with the refund. From repacking (boxing)-pick up. Thanks #[protected]

Cymaxphone order

I was checking Cymax website and found something interesting there, but I was not sure if the item was available. So I found their phone number and called Cymax. I asked their rep if the item I wanted was in stock and he assured me it was. He offered me to order via phone and I agreed.
                  Weeks passed and there was no sign of my order so I called again and spoke to another rep. He said that my ordered item was not in stock for a long time now! What a joke!
                  I demanded a refund and they said they cannot do that and said that I can pick something else instead. I said that I did not was anything else but it got me nowhere. In the end they actually left me no choice so I had to pick another item. Horrible service!

Cymaxhorrible products & customer service

Beware of this retailer. I have been trying to return a defective, poor quality dining set since August 1, 2016. I have talked to several people at Cymax and still not resolved. I just want to return the piece of junk that I paid $900.00 for and get my money back. Do yourself a favor and do not order from this company.

horrible products & customer service

Cymaxitem lost in delivery, refund promised but not given

Ordered a bed from Cymax. Shipment never arrived. Called to ask what happened, was asked to wait. Called again days later and was told the carrier had lost the item. Asked to cancel the order. Was told to wait for them to do a 72-hour search. Waited 3 days, was told my order would be canceled and fully refunded. Days later, no refund, called again: now they say they've found it again, so they can only process it as a return, meaning that I will be charged shipping and restocking fees! I am currently disputing the charges through my credit card.

Cymax3rd party order

I bought and received a coffee table from Walmart not realizing I was dealing with more than Walmart I was dealing with CYMAX !!!DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM PLEASE!!!Any way I got the table and put it together and found I didn't like it .Being 3rd party sell Walmart wouldn't take it back. Guess want CYMAX wouldn't either Because It was out of the box and put together. Please someone tell me how are you suppose to know if u like it or not until you see it together? DONT ORDER FROM CYMAX I plan on posting it on Facebook and any where else I can find to post it. Now I'm stuck with a table I DO NOT LIKE.

Cymaxscam site

Long story short. I ordered a table from Cymax and it was shipped in two different packages. I received only one half of the table and have no idea where the other half is. Three weeks passed and I heard nothing from customer service. They promised to help, but it seems like no one is doing anything to find my table. Then I asked them to cancel my order and was told that they have to process it as a return and I have to pay for delivery fees to ship it back. Good luck trying to get a hold of them on the phone, they never pick up! This company is absolutely ridiculous! These scammers should not be allowed to sell anything.

Cymaxanything that is shipped

I recently purchased a $240 rocker. Cymax shipped the wrong color. I asked for an RMA. It took over 7 days to receive via email. I was charged $45.00 for the cost of shipping the item to me, a $22 re-stocking fee PLUS I was required to pay the freight to get the product back which I insured. Do the math. Reputable companies don't send you the wrong product and then require you to pay the price of their mistake. Never again.

Cymax.com — product was damaged

Please do not shop at this online store. I purchased a mirrored room divider (order #: vrc121-[protected]). Thi...

Cymaxshipped wrong product. cost me $512.00

I ordered a a dining room set from cymax. They shipped the wrong set and charged us $512. 00 for shipping and restocking. We double checked the product and order # and we ordered correctly. Cymax refused to talk to us. We sent them a invoice and a picture of the same set we had to buy from another store to prove to them we wanted the set and they had sent the wrong set. My question to cymax was: why would we refuse your shipment only to buy the same set from another store and pay more? What a nightmare i didn't create. I want to sue them but i must travel to virginia for small claims and that will cost thousands. I believe they know that and refuse to admit that they screwed up. Do not buy from Cymax unless you want to get screwed!!!

Cymax onlinefile cabinet order

Never have I posted a complaint before. This company is the absolute worst. The story is long, but I still have not received my lateral file. Canceled the order and now my account reads "cancellation declined." When I try to track the order, the shipping company does not exist. I cannot find a customer service email or a fax number. The most frustrating experience I have ever had.

DO NOT ORDER FROM CYMAX. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE MOST FRUSTRATION YOU CAN IMAGINE.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices