Complaints & Reviews

bad food

I drove threw the window two nights ago and purchased three medium roast sandwiches with swiss cheese and when I got home the sandwiches were covered with this bad tasting yellow cheese sauce. I was really upset, this was our dinner. What really makes me mad is that I asked the manager that was running the drive- thru window if my sandwiches had swiss cheese on them and he assured me that they were perfect. Also, I got three shakes that were not even frozen! I don't appreciate going to a fast food restaurant and spending almost $20 and not getting the food that I ordered. I called the restaurant back and all they said was they were sorry. Sorry does not get it when my dinner was ruined.

Anonymous Mar 04, 2011

Um, you're going to ARBY'S. What did you expect from a cheap-### place like that? Real cheese?

change in french dip

What???? I guess Arby's decided to change the totally awesome bread on the french dip? Whats up with...

supervisor jamie l. gaston, enjoys mistreating young employees.

The Supervisor Jamie L. Gaston(50 yrs old), enjoys mistreating young(25yrs and younger) employees. Manager...

the supervisor jamie l. gaston, enjoys mistreating employees.

The Supervisor Jamie L. Gaston, enjoys mistreating employees.
Manager won't stop her.
"The store Manager will tell you. Well poor Jamie, is having a bad day at home. So she always take it out on all the young employees".
Jamie love to barrier the young employee's and sucker them out of pay checks.
One or two weeks later, the evil comes out of Jamie Gaston. She well start by writing them up "Final Written Warning" or firing them. Jamie won't stop the Harassment or barriers until they quit their jobs.

Why is Jamie Gaston, any untouchable and a unacceptable Supervisor??????

Within 2010, 7-young employee's quit their job's at the Lincoln Park, MI Arby's because of Jamie L. Gaston Harassment.

• Re
    Reviewer23205 Oct 04, 2015

I was charged $27.00 for a turkey and sandwich with brown avocado. The sprite was pure syrup with no soda water and i got the new smoke house briscket sandwich that was ice cold.Dont normally complain about anything but i was very dissapointed

• Gr
    [email protected] Oct 26, 2015

I ordered a corn beef Reuben sandwich received rye bread and corn beef no sauce, no cheese and no sauerkraut. i can't believe what I saw when I got home. I didn't ask for it plain and the person in front of me at the window had a sand which messed also. Thank you for your patience with my concerns.

• Gr
    [email protected] Oct 27, 2015

I was not lazy to look in my bag but would you go digging through the sandwich to find that 5 workers couldn't put some friggen cheese and sauerkraut between two pieces of bread? Plus the restaurant wasn't even busy. Also these days people don't want to work these kids and some adults they want everything handed to them by our failing president in Washington.DC.

the supervisor jamie l. gaston, enjoys mistreating employees because she having a bad day at home.

The Supervisor Jamie L. Gaston, enjoys mistreating employees. Manager won't stop her.
"The store Manager will tell you. Well Jamie, is having a bad day at home and she'll always take it out on all the employees".

This is the terrible problem about Jamie Gaston, she'll invitation you for a 2 or 3 day weekend, to her cabin in Jackson MI. Jamie will make such that you send your money on the beer for her weekend (the young are sucker out of $60.00 to $80.00).
One or two weeks later, Jamie Gaston, well start writing you up "Final Written Warning" or firing you.

Why is Jamie Gaston, any untouchable and a unacceptable Supervisor??????
Why cann't she be fired??????

employee harassment

The problem is management allowing a loyal manager with 25 years to leave the company. The problem is this manager would like to have her two days off in the middle of the week. Most Companies that are open 7 days a week would be glad to have management work weekends. But not Miss Diane, she wants to split her days and not allow her Thursday off. If I were Mr. Bowling there would be changes and Miss Diane and Mr Taylor would be leaving Arbys in search of a new job perhaps as a prison guard. Where they could harass misfits, thats where they should be.

wages

it's really bad when you have been working for a year and still only make 7.25 that is what i was making when i started there
i would like for you to take notice of this
this is the only fast food restaurant that don't give raises

• La
    lazyrunner Nov 19, 2010

I'm constantly telling folks with advanced degrees that have worked for me 60+ hours a week for years that they are once again not getting a raise this year. The economy sucks and companies are more worried about making their investors happy than their consumers or employees. Your poor English could be another reason that you aren't getting a raise. It doesn't matter what job you have today, you must be able to communicate properly and effectively. Keep your job. Don't quit. Get good at what you do. Do whatever is asked of you, if ethical and legal. You may still not get a raise, but will be known as a responsible, hard working person. That reputation follows you everywhere you go. The world is a much smaller place than we all sometimes think.

pobarjenkins Nov 19, 2010

Many companies are not giving raises right now in an attempt to avoid lay-offs. Many people would kill for that wage right now. If you are unhappy, find another job.

pobarjenkins Nov 19, 2010

My last job was unionised (and in our union contract was raises every certain amount of time), but when the economy got bad, even the union has to give up raises to save their employees jobs. That job now has a three year wage freeze.

rude malicious abusive treatment by a crazy angry black woman who works there... mistreatment, refusal of service to innocent people for no reason

beware of this arby's and do not go or go at your own risk--there is an angry psychotic crazy black ###...

arby's in bristol tn has roaches.

I was eating here a few days ago in the dining room. A roach crawled out from the space in between the bench...

management treats customers bad

My wife stopped and picked us up dinner from our closest Arby's in Grove City, Ohio on London Groveport Rd. After getting home with the order, we find out that the 2 toasted Subs we ordered were not toasted at all and the buns had become soggy. We live about 20 minutes away and going back was not an option at the time. We called explaining the buns had not been toasted and they became soggy from the meat being warm. The person apologized and explained that they were swamped and some sandwiches had gone out untoasted and offered us a discount on out next visit. Me were disapointed but that was an attempt to make things right so we agreed. A couple weeks later my wife again stopped to bring dinner home from Arby's. She mentioned the discount offered from the earlier problem we had had with our order. The Manager "Tony" told my wife that there was no way she got sandwiches from there with the buns not toasted and how he was sick of people trying to get something for nothing! After calling her a liar in this matter, my wife, being upset, took the order and left. She came home upset telling me what had just happened. I then called the store and Tony the manager answered the phone. After explain who I was and that the problem we had before had really happened...saying the other person we talked to even admitted it from being so busy. Again though, Tony claimed it did not happen as I just told him, calling me a liar just as he had done to my wife. Very upset, I asked for a Corporate phone number in which Tony replied while laughing, that THIS Arby's is privately owned and refused to give me any higher up number than him. We have never been treated so poorly nor talked to in this type manner by any management from ANY Company before. We are talking about a simple mistake done by an employee that in most cases would have resulted in a Free lunch but in this case, a $1.00 off the total would have made my wife happy for the inconvience of taking apart and toasting the buns herself. We do not lie and even more so, we would not lie to get 1 dollar taken off a bill. The Management at this Arby's is worse than I have ever seen at Any company. The manager Tony needs at the least to learn Management skills and how to talk to customers. I am certain this Arby's will go no way but down as long as Tony is running things. A simple Heads up to the Public about this place. We will never return as long as Tony runs things! Nor will several of our friends! ..Robert White, Orient, Ohio

MyViewOfIt Nov 30, 2010

This Arby's always treats people well and goes out of their way to do the right thing and make their customers happy. This story to me seems to be blown out of proportions. Taking the food back is always the most appropriate thing to do.

overcharge

Yesterday (Sept 29, 2010) my daughter and I went to Arbys and used a breakfast combo coupon for a breakfast sandwich, hash browns, and coffee. My daughter asked for water instead of coffee and the girl charged her for the cup! WTF! The girl put the water in a soft drink cup when she could have used the coffee cup that the combo coupon included! Are restaurants getting so petty that they are trying to cheat the customers now?

pobarjenkins Sep 30, 2010

What helpNu said. It's kind of along the lines of charging for condiments, which companies have started doing as well.

fraud / bait & switch

I went in and asked the manager about any specials that they were having. He showed me the bacon burger...

stores refuse to honour internet coupons

I signed up earlier in the year for Arby's internet coupons. They seem to appear approximately every month. The problem is every Arby's restaurant I try to redeem the coupons in the Toronto region ie. Brampton & Toronto proper, state they do not honour any Arby's coupons at all!
What is the point of printing off the monthly Arby's coupons & being told at their restaurant locations that they "do not honour any Arby's coupons"!!
I tried their most recent on-line coupon for a free fries & soft drink with a purchase of a "2 sandwiches for $5.00 deal", valid until Aug. 29th, 2010, and went to the Arby's location in Yorkdale Mall. I was told by the server they do not honour any Arby's coupons!! What is wrong with this company?
Why offer internet coupons none of their stores will honour in the Toronto region? I give up on Arby's coupons & Arby's in general!
They really piss me off & waste my time!

I felt like I was treated wrong

I was one of your customers come to harrodsburg ky. and i felt like i was treated wrong. i walk up to order a roast burger which it was great but the service was poor specially the gm standing in front of counter doing paper work i seen one of the backliners around come from back line to front line to make my order and gm still standing there like she doesnt care about anything. the backliner took my order and proceeded to backline to fix my order and thats when gm finally gave my food out with no smiles and poorly come backs. i think this gm should take her job seriously. next time i come back i better see her do something or not coming back at all also her attitude with employees should change. i really do appreciate that employee for doing a good job!!!

mykillsix Sep 19, 2010

Just throwing this out there, diction, spelling and punctuation are really important when it comes to complaints.
    Maybe you should try a little harder. Wow.

nothing, but problems

I would like to say my stop for lunch was not what i had planned it to be. my order not only was wrong, it was missing 2 sandwiches, and the potatoes that i ordered were not cooked all the way and when i asked for sauce the women threw them at me and yet i still did not get any sauce for my sandwiches, just buttermilk dressing. I had stopped at this establishment many times before and never had this time of service. this was not a busy time of day ( 2 pm on friday, I was only customer at the time.)

poor and rude management

Corporate Arby's Leaders in the Seattle Market lie and fire people for no reason and than turn around and lie to Unemployment about why a person was fired. The name of the Seattle Leaders who are rude, and lie are Pete Jelinek and Ron Charves. I was terminated for completing a state verification on an employee who was lying to the state and they fired me. I had an employee who filed a Restraining order against another employee who was threatening and stalking her and received a protection order against the employee who was threating her and Ron Charves and Pete Jelinek fired the employee who was granted the restraining order.

bad food bad service

My boyfriend and I went to the arby's in chatham ontario on thursday april 29. it was about noon hour. when we went in it was not very busy and the people behind the counter were just standing around. i went to the counter and was greeted "not very friendly" by a girl with a name tag on that said she was the manager. she was very abrupt and pushy like i was wasting her time. i stated that we would be eating our meal there and before i had time to use the debit machine she was standing at the other end of the counter already holding our meal. obviously not made to order. when we sat down to eat our fries tasted like they had been reheated our sandwiches were cold and the bacon on my boyfriends burger was burnt. We find arby's to be alittle on the expensive side so it's not somewhere that we eat at alot and believe me we will never be going back to the chatham location.

fraud

The manager was working the window. She ripped me off, gave me a false receipt that not only didn't match the cash I gave her, the change she gave me, but when I challenge her she panicked & could'nt get the register open and went around the corner to pull 2 dollars out of her pocket to come back & hand me, started fumbling with her managers keys, looked to see if I was watching her, then threw the $2 at me, which still wasn't right. I drove away angry, had my wife dig the receipt out...it was in the bottom of the bag all oily. Nothing matched and she was still over a dollar short. I did the customer satisfaction survey. To me it's not about the money, but how many people a day does she screw? The integrity of the manager has to be above reproach and an example to her underlings, many who are teens, and very easily influenced! I went back in the store and asked who the manager was. When a young girl pointed at her, she turned away quickly and refused to acknowledge me. I very loudly protested, advising all the patrons to count their change, pointed at her and called her a thief...several customers walked out with me...I'm satisfied.
store #1325 receipt #494 this date.

mykillsix Sep 19, 2010

Here's the thing, at Arby's when using the drive-thru, the employees take your order then cash it out, so it will pop up on the screen quicker, so your order is on time. So of course the reciept doesn't match the change or cash given, before you gave a bill, the order was already cashed out.
    Now as far as her obvious less-than-awesome math skills, that's a different story.

prices are absolutely not good at all

My friend and I ate at the Arbys in Albuquerque, NM The Attitude was in poor. on a scale 1-10 it is A 0 because the prices are absoutily NOT GOOD AT ALL!! They should consider training their people that they hire for enployment for the company even though it might ok and all Ijust think that it needs SOME FINE TUNING!!! Blake's is SOOOOOOOOOO much cheaper I can save $3.00 worth at the Blakes. I buy the ingredents to make the sandwich myself.

• Oh
    ohmy gosh Dec 11, 2010

well the attitude i agree not cool whatsoever but the prices get over it!!! Nothing is cheap and if there somewhere better and cheaper then quit gripin and go!!! The employees dont wanna hear that crap just dont go- simple as that!!!

manager is trying to make some money on the side for herself

I went to Arbys in Brookville, ohio April 20th around noon, to get lunch, when I went to the window, which the lady (manager) told me the total amount which I thought was too much, I had 2 coupons, for 2 of the sandwiches, the amount had totaled up to $17.49 which she said to me that was the right price which food has gone up in price, I questioned the price but thought I would go over it again when I got home, which she did not give me a receipt, I told my husband about this, he also said that amount was incorect, I believe this was no mistake, I believe this lady was trying to make some more money for herself, she said she relized the mistake after I left, which she thought I would not come back and complain, I wonder how many other people she has done this to. I know I will never go to this Arbys again, and if anyone out there goes to the arby's in Brookville, count up your order before you get there, this person is trying to make some money on the side for herself. customers beware!

• Oh
    ohmy gosh Dec 11, 2010

well if it didnt sound right y did u still go ahead and get the sandwiches idiot?!

• Ro
    Robinson Mar 05, 2011

I feel for you. My husband had some friends over helping him work on his truck. I was in charge of lunch. I went to Arby’s in Guthrie, Oklahoma. Iordered 10 Jr Cheddar Melts & 2 ½ gallons of sweet tea. When the man taking my order gave me my total, I couldn’t understand him but I knew the amount shouldn’t be more than $20. When I got to the window, the lady told me my total was $19.63. I thought that sounded high, but I gave her a $20 bill. I was given $.37 in change. Then she gave me my tea & food, and my receipt was attached to the bag. I pulled off because there were other cars behind me and I didn’t want to make them wait. Before I left the parking lot, I got the receipt off the bag & saw that my total was actually only $16.63. I figured they made an honest mistake so I pulled in the front of the store & went inside to get the rest of my change. I explained my situation to the manager & she left with my receipt. She was gone for quite a while & I saw her in the back counting down the drawer. Finally she came back & told me that the drawer was only off by $.03 so she would not give me my change back. She talked to me like I was lying, like she believed that I was trying to scam Arby’s out of $3.00. That is ridiculous, and I will not be returning. I have talked to my friends & family already & told them of my experience. Some of them have told me that they will also not be returning. I wouldn’t have even been this angry, except the manager spoke to me like I was a liar or a thief. I’m not saying the woman overcharged me on purpose, but perhaps she charged me for someone else’s order. Or maybe she stuck the extra $3 in her pocket. $3 from every few customers would add up to quite nice sum at the end of the night. I am very upset. I go to Arby’s at least once a week and usually twice or three times a week. Usually our orders are a lot bigger than $20 because when we have people over, everyone likes Arby’s, it’s close to our house, it’s fast, it tastes good (usually), and it’s a pretty good deal, until you get overcharged.

I know why you went ahead and got the sandwiches. You're not an idiot, like the last commenter said. You probably were in a hurry, and you *gasp* BELIEVED what the employees were telling you.