Applebee'spoisoned by the bartender

K

Good Morning,

Before I composed any email. Before I posted on any blog. Before I contacted the BBB or the Department of Consumer Affairs, I looked up the definition of Defamation. This is what I found:

"Falsity -- Defamation law will only consider statements defamatory if they are, in fact, false. A true statement, no matter how harmful, is not considered defamation. In addition, because of their nature, statements of opinion are not considered false because they are subjective to the speaker."

The statement below is true. I want the truth to come out. Below is a copy of the letter I am circulating via every medium available. Its not about money; its about integrity.

Kimberly Lawrence

My Horrible Applebee’s Experience

On May 21, 2016 my friend and I dined at the Applebee’s on Rivers Ave in North Charleston SC. We ate and talked among ourselves. We enjoyed our meal. I had a frozen daiquiri and she had two Long Island Iced Teas. We ordered the 2 for $25. I ate my meal there and my friend took her meal to go. The check came and it was my treat. Our total was approximately $51. I paid with my debit card and put $2 down as a tip. Bear in mind, I was treating for the meal. My friend was going to leave the tip. As soon as I sat down the $2, the bartender named "Jason" disappeared from our sight. Moments later, he returned and handed us a “Sangria”. Neither of us had ordered. So initially, we were taken back but thankful. His exact words to us were, “Here ya go! I made it extra crappy for you”.

In his absence, while he was making the "drink", my friend had already picked up my $2 and replaced it with $10. Thus, we left more than a 15% tip. We were on our way out, bill paid, proper tip left; when he slide the free drink to us. We shared the free drink. The other bartender named "John" came in front of us and wiped the counter. He addressed my friend and I saying, “he didn’t have to do that”. We thought he was referring to the free drink, in general. It was not until about ten hours later that we fully grasped what had happened. We had been poisoned.

On May 22, 2016 at approximately 6:30/7pm, my stomach was in knots. Suddenly, I could not get comfortable. Moments later I found myself running to my bathroom. I could hardly get my pants down before everything that was in me, filled the commode. I was in terrible pain. I was dripping in sweat. My heart was racing. My bowels had never felt so irritated. I was not able to do anything that required me leaving the bathroom. I was not able to feed my kids or put them to bed. I defecated for over eight hours with no relief. I did not sleep that night. I attempted to call my friend but she did not answer.

It was not until Monday morning when we spoke to each other. Much to our surprise. She had suffered the exact same symptoms, at the exact same time. That’s when hindsight kicked in and we realized exactly what "Jason" meant when he told us the drink was “extra crappy”. Now we knew why "John" said, "he didn't have to do that". Suddenly, it all made sense. Jason the bartender saw the $2 and assumed that we had short changed him. He then went and put either a stool softener or laxative in the free drink.

I Immediately contacted the Applebee’s manager who not only did not believe us, he didn’t even do an incident report. I had to research a phone number for Apple Gold, Applebee’s corporate office. We gave our statement to Paul Wasylkevych and was told someone would be in touch with me. That same day, "Monica", an insurance adjuster from Zurich did contact us. Again, we gave our statements. We were told an investigation would be conducted. We trusted that the truth would prevail but after 30 consecutive days and two different insurance adjusters (Monica was taken off our case and reassigned to Henry Dioh), we were told the event we were speaking of... never happened. We were told that the verbatim conversation we had with "Jason" and "John" never happened. We were told we had no proof. Then, the insurance adjuster offered me $300 to drop it.

In no uncertain terms, I told the insurance agent what he could do with the $300. I made it very clear to all parties involved that I will never let it go until the truth comes out. I will tell everyone what happened to us. I will post this story on every blog and every social media website. I will not rest until justice is served. At this point, it’s no longer about the money. It’s about morals, ethics, and integrity which apparently are not requirements to work at Applebee’s.

I conducted my own research and was able to determine that the bartender named "Jason" is a fairly new employee. Given the ease he was able to poison us, it’s highly unlikely that this was his first time. Also, I believe we were targeted for our skin color. Thus making this attack racially motivated. I am hoping that someone else had the same experience at the Applebee’s on Rivers Ave. Again, the symptoms will not start immediately. If you or someone you know can relate to this story. Please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

Thank you!

• Wine Is Good Jul 29, 2016

Unless a doctor took blood and stool/urine samples to prove you had been poisoned, your entire complaint here IS defamation, and since you wrote it, libelous. I have eaten many places in my lifetime, and even in my own and other's homes. I too have gotten the crampy stomach and squirts from it. No one poisoned me. The food simply failed to settle on my stomach that time. It happens. You simply can not say that someone poisoned you without proof. I sincerely hope the accused sees this and has the opportunity to respond likewise: with legal action.