Having problems with Applebee's?

Applebee's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 2, 2007. The latest review Service by our waitress and manager very poor and unprofessional was posted on Mar 16, 2021. The latest complaint the food was cold the service was as well was resolved on Oct 02, 2018. Applebee's has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 476 reviews. Applebee's has resolved 66 complaints.

Applebee's Customer Service Contacts

SatClosed
SunClosed

Applebee's Complaints & Reviews

Applebee's — Food

My order was a Turkey Bacon ciabatta sandwich with swiss cheese, red onions, and mayo. I requested to have...

Applebee'sno service, bad service!

One day for lunch my daughter, my mother, and myself all decided to go to Applebee's during lunch time. We walked in, and requested a table for three, and right away we were taken to our table with no problems.
My mother had to go to the restroom during the time we waited for our drink order, but no one ever came to take the drink order! A waiter and waitress walked by at least five times and acknowledged us at the table. When my mother returned from the restroom, my daughter went to the restroom, still no one stopped. When she came back from the restroom, I told my family " They have 2 more minutes!".
Then another table was sat right next to us! The waiter went straight up to that table of 5, and began with their drink orders!!! ASAP!
We got up and walked out, but before I left I told them in the front I received NO service and I will never be back!!
We went to Cheddar's instead! and had great service and a good meal!!

• Ro
      rotcg33k Jan 24, 2009

I would have to agree with you and I work for an Applebees!!! Not the one you attended, and I'm very sorry you had to deal with that. But there not any better to there staff!!! i have been there well over a year and I'm 5 months pregnant and my husband has been in Iraq the whole time. I got news of this home coming and told them as much as I knew right way. But I was told that I would NOT be aloud to be there to get him home if i was sch. to work and no one to work for me. And then was told by a MANGER that he has been gone this long, and that he could wait a few more hours if he has too. It took Everything in me not to say anything back.

So i understand and again i'm very sorry you had to deal with that. i have been a server for years and Applebees by far is the worst place i have ever worked. And if i did not need the money I would have walked out.

• Le
      Leo May 09, 2008

Acknowledged by who? Restaurants don't check this site. If you want to complain effectively, call the restaurant.

• Ta
      Tabitha Feb 28, 2008

NEVER ACKNOWLEDGED!

Applebeesterrible service!

We went to the Chillicothe Applebee's Restaurant this evening. Upon arrival there were about 10-15 people waiting right inside the door; however, there were 6 tables setting empty. My husband asked if the bar tables were open because nobody wanted them. She said no, that the new manager liked to wait until 6 tables were open before seating anybody. He seated people in bunches not as they come in. We left as this is horrible service. This would also make it longer for people to get food since they would be seated all at once. Right before we left the restaurant the manager said seat the next "bunch" at 7:15. That is crazy to have empty tables and have people packed inside the front door like sardines. We will not be going back again.

Applebees Restaurantgift card

I bought an Applebees gift card for my boss for Christmas. My boss and her husband ate a meal at the restaurant and the gift card would not work. I called to get the problem corrected and was told the card would work on the following Thursday. The card was not activated on Thursday. I have called three more times and each time was told the problem would be corrected. It is not corrected.

• Sh
          sheila r, martin Jan 01, 2010

i went to your gainsville restaurant thurs evening, i gave the waitress 2 gift cards. one had 50.00 written on it. the other was a 25.oo gift card. she came back with the 50.00 card saying nothing was on it. but the place where it said 59.00 was not on it. the manager came over and said he called the number on the back and it was empty. we had 7 people and it got very embarrasing. i live in deltonam fla and we eat at the restaurant in orange city, and have never had this problem. i was very upset. i know someone switched my card, but had no way of proving it. the manager said he was going to get the general manager to come over but never did. i really feel i was scammed and should get some restatution my name is sheila martin, i live at 2318 matthew circle. deltona, fla. 32738 my phone number is [protected]/ thank you

Applebees Restuarantbill

My daughter and I ate at Aberdeen Applebees on December 17, 2007. The meal was good and the service was good. I gave an 18 percent tips. When I got my credit card receipt of my dinner it showed $10.00 more than what I spent, this makes me believe that the waitress gave herself more tips than I put on the check. This is called Theft, and should not be happening. I probably won't eat at another Applebees again because of this. If someone walked out on their bill the restuarant can charge the person with theft, what can be don't when a waitress adds more tips to the bill after the client has left, this is theft too and should be dealt with. I work in law enforcement and this isn't giving Applebee's a very good reputation.

Saoirse Regan Feb 18, 2008

I wouldn't be so harsh to call the server a theif. maybe that's because i am a server who is dealing with this at the moment from a customer i had tonite. Many cc compainies automatically put in 20%-25% tip when you use their card at the restaurant. at the end of the night when the restaurant calls them through THEN they adjust it to what the tip actually was. In my case, our manager recieved the phone call an hour after the lady left... we were slammed and i didn't have the time to go through to claim any of my electronic tips let alone hers (which we are supposed to do at the end of the night anyway)... our manager even was there with me then when i claimed my tips that night and saw that i put in that i received cash for hers... i wish people weren't so stupid and would know the policies of their credit cards... it would have saved me a lot of hassle.

• Ki
            kimberley ferry Jan 19, 2008

Some restuarants also put the tip charge in automatically but at end of night the actual charge is what the reciept states. Charlie Browns is good for this... I used credit card & when I got home I happened to look at bill, I called the restuarant and sure enough they included the tip but at end of night they ring up as what the exact charge was.. yes , I contacted CC co to watch this charge and this is their practice. They say most people who use their CC to pay for meal also includes Tip when you give separately always put a zero with huge line across or write given in CASH. When my statement came sure enough it was what I ACTUALLY signed for.

• Je
            jENNIFER SMIEGEL Jan 11, 2008

Ypu should not have signed the credit card reciept if you had any dispute with the charge.Perhaps the waitress made a mistake when she entered the total.

• Sc
            Scott Johnson Jan 02, 2008

Have you contacted your credit card to dispute the charge? They would be the ones to investigate if the tip was placed as incorrect, they would require the copy of the slip from that Applebee's.

Pablo

Applebees - Lithonia, Georgiavery poor service

I ended up writing this letter to Applebees after today's disappointing visit:

There have been several occasions where I was very disappointed with the quality of service. My biggest complaint is that the food I order is never the food I get. For example, let's take today, I called and placed the following order: half a shrimp salad with mexi ranch dressing, no bacon in the salad, and a cup of tomato basil soup. After 15 minutes, I go to the Lithonia location to pick up my order and notice that the dressing is of the wrong kind. The bartender quickly replaced that with the mexi ranch dressing. Then, I spoke with one of the managers there commenting on my experience, and how this was clearly not a one time mistake from applebees. I told him that I'd greatly appreciate it if he could pass this message along to his supervisors as well as his staff. He said he would and he apologized. Well, I picked up my order and went to work, ate my soup, opened the salad container, and lo and behold! there was BACON in my salad.

I cannot tell you how many times this kind of thing has happened to me at applebees. This has happened to me whether I place an order To Go or even when I am having a sit-in visit. I have wasted so much of my lunch time waiting for the order to be re-prepared or in today's situation, stuck in my office with only tomato basil soup in my stomach. Do you expect this to last until 5:30pm? How did you feel when had your hopes up high and thought you were getting a quality meal and you were looking forward to eating it, and bam! it's not the meal you ordered...or the chicken wasn't cooked well enough, or you get bacon in your salad when you told the server/bartender you don't eat bacon. I am sorry to say, but I have lost all respect for your company and the kind of service you provide - I mean, customer no-service. Well, that's alright, I'll take my business elsewhere or better yet, just cook my own damn meals. I'm sure you could care less about this feedback, since I'm only one in a million, but I guarantee that if things don't change, there will be no more applebees. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Good Luck!

Applebeesracial intimidation!

On Saturday September 29th, my husband and I, and 8 other friends went to the Roseville Applebees on Gratiot around 10pm. This is a tradition that the 10 of us do every other Saturday, we have been going there for the last year after our saturday bowling. Normally things go pretty well but this night was horrible. My husband is black and I am white, all the others are white also. We were sitting on one side of the table with 4 others and the other 2 couples were on the opposite side. I ordered the nachos for my friends with chicken instead of beef, and made some other changes, I preceded to order one that exact same way for my husband and I, when the waitress brought them out, the other couples food was perfect and my nachos had beef, how could she not tell the difference, it was very noticeable. So I had to send them back and wait another 20 minutes to get the correct order, she offered no apology. Then I ordered a salad, with my steak meal. In the meantime, the other couples got refills on their drinks, and we did not. The waitress then brought my food, the steak was suppose to be medium well, it was medium rare and she never brought my salad. When I told her about my salad she never offered to bring it. Another thing that happened was my friend that was sitting across from me order a greek salad, the salad came out with no dressing and no feta cheese, she told the waitress and she brought the feta out, but no dressing, my friend had to send the whole salad back and she didn't get the eat because by then we all were almost finished. By that time, the others got a 3rd refill and my husband and I got NO refills. When I asked for service she pretty muche refused to help me with things, like my steak, my salad not coming, my nachod being made wrong, no refills on my drink... Now I really feel that because she was a black female and I was a white female with a black man that she gave us horrible service. MY friends also felt that way also, they could see the difference with their service and food, compared to mine. I am deeply offended by this racial experience. I hope that applesbees is not turning into another Dennys when in comes to interracial couples and black people. I love applebees and their food I go there at least twice a month with friends for dinner and at least once a month for lunch with my sister. But now I am not sure I want to give my business to a company that allows this to happen. I hope that is can be taken care. Everyone I have told about this experience say they are very appalled and hopes that someone takes care of this situation. They also do not know if they should go back to a restaurant that allows this.

• La
                labtechgirl May 20, 2014

"Since you frequent the place, the server may have known or been told that you didn't leave a good tip at one time... so they had other priorities. That's why you should always leave a good tip..."

How do you know that she DIDN'T leave a good tip? There is never an excuse for poor service.

• Wi
                Wistleblower11 May 27, 2011

It's not the restaurant, it's the individual, she was intimidated by the fact that " a white woman is with a black man", her personal feelings toward the matter got the better of her and caused the occurrence. I recommend if you go there again, which I do not suggest, but never the less request another server if she happens to be the server, or try another location...

• 86
                86complaints Jun 30, 2009

Applebees — bad customer service and food!

On Sept 23. 2007 my family and I went to Applebees for my birthday dinner. This is the place I picked to...

Applebee's - Arnold, MObad quality food and service!

Applebee's in Arnold Missouri. Me and my family went in there to eat. And boy let me tell you what that place was a real joke we ordered a bacon cheese burger and i couldnt eat it cause it was like eating shoe leather i took 2 bites and couldn't eat anymore. I told the sever i wanted onion rings with my hamburger. He brought me french fries instead i order my niece chicken strips and onion rings he bought french fries with that order. He then brought me onions rings already in to the meal little to late. For that my mother in law ordered a nachos nuevo and she maybe of had two bites of cheese and hamburger in it. It was mainly nacho chips. And your shrimp diner says lightly breaded oh yea so crunch couldnt hardly eat it. Pretty bad when you spend good money for food like that. I work hard for my money and i hate to throw it out the window so easy. Maybe your company ought to send secret people in them places and really see what goes on in your businesses its really ashame.

• As
                  ashley_Michelle May 27, 2009

G o To The Applebees in Fenton, It is WAYYY Better, and if you smoke there is a smoking section, but other than that their Steak is Delicious, especially the bourbon street and the Sirloin

• Ty
                  Tyler Beavers Dec 03, 2008

"No, no, no. Applebee's is a supurb eatery. It is very unfair to be so cynical just because you order one meal and find it unpleasant. I know for a fact that Applebee's serves some of the FINEST quality food in a family eatery. People please get a life and be kind to Applebee's."

lol, i cant believe you would say that. Applebees in Arnold has gone wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy downhill. the only time i will ever eat there is if they have half off appetizers after 9. no way will i pay full price for food there and no way will i ever buy regular entrees there. im surprised it hasnt gone out of business. the servers suck and get everything wrong. one time i didnt even leave a tip it was so bad, and i always leave a tip even if you suck. Theres so many other places to get good food and service. 54 street, TGI Fridays, hell even Steak N Shake.

Applebees=crap food and service

• Me
                  Meepa Dec 22, 2007

• Kr
                  krystyne rodd Sep 18, 2007

totally agree with ya on this one .. I went there with my mom and we both ordered shrimp w/ spinach and it came to us horrible .. the shrimp was boiled instead of BROILED and there was crumbled up bacon on top and it was sooo greasy that it didn't say there was suppose to be bacon in the salad .. applebees is sucking and that's a shame cause it USED to be a great place to eat

Applebee'sis unable to provide nutritional information!

I find it ridiculous and very hard to believe that Applebee's is unable to provide nutritional information for it's food. I wonder why this is not governed like items you purchase in the supermarket and I recall at one time they did provide this information via the phone. I will never eat there until they can provide nutritional information. I am on a strict diet where I have to monitor my intake. I am adding this same message to every complaint site I come across.

andarada Aug 19, 2010

There is a key difference between Nutritional Information (calories, fat, sodium, etc) and Ingredients List (the break down of what ingredients go into each item on the menu like you see on the backs of canned foods and the like.) Applebee's does provide Nutritional Information, but thus far has not released a list of what goes into making their food. Places like McDonald's, Burger King, etc, provide both, but I have heard that the Big Business owner of Applebee's, Olive Garden, Outback, etc, do not release an Ingredient List. Even if you cannot tell your consumers the exact portion of what goes into their food because it is different every time you make it, at least tell them what exactly you are putting in it, portions aside. (i.e., high fructose corn syrup, whey protein concentrate, milk, soy, etc, etc, etc.)

• Ji
                    Jillian Calderon Jun 24, 2010

They could add a nutritional approximation giving the consumer acknowledgement that the exact measurements may vary. In addition, I'm not necessarily interested in how much of something is in my food. I want to know what the ingredients are. Applebees says that certain entres are less than 550 calories but I'm far more interested in the chemical composition of my food.

• Fr
                    frustratedsmartwoman Apr 28, 2008

try going to their website-they dont list em all but they have a category labeled weight watchers of about 8 dishes with cal counts fat grams and fiber grams-funny how folks can find the time to complain but not enough time to do basiuc research

• Tr
                    Tron Carter Dec 08, 2007

When you add the nutritional information to a menu, the recipe has to be EXACTLY the same EVERY single time. If the recipe for babyback ribs calls for 3 ounces of bbq sauce and you serve it with 3.056 ounces of sauce, you are actually breaking the law. Because the said nutritional information is now incorrect. And you could very easily find yourself served with a lawsuit. In this day and age thats not a far reach. Most restaurants change menu items on a fairly regular basis. For large chain restaurants the r&d, and the expense that goes into one single dish would boggle your mind. Then you have to understand the logistics to supply the new ingredients of that recipe to, lets say 500 restaurants. Every time the menu changed you have to update the list and add it to the menu. 500 stores with 500 menus each=250,000 extra printed pages, if it was only 1 page. Just imagine the paper waste and cost of extra printing. Why would they spend and extra 20,000$ for nutritional analysis on a dish that will be on the menu for 6 weeks? McDonalds can do it because they are a huge company, but even they have a disclaimer.

P.S. www.nutritiondata.com is a great website for someone on a strict diet. You can look up info on almost any food. And you can actually analyze any recipe you make at home.

Charlie Severson Sep 23, 2007

I work as a restaurant manager, but not for Applebee's. I can tell you, though, that most cities actually regulate what (if any) information must be posted. For example, the city in which my store is located requires us to provide nutritional information for anything pre-made (i.e. pies, etc.).

It would be nearly impossible to provide accurate nutritional information in a full-service restaurant. Each portion may differ slightly, and may come in contact with some items that are not actually IN the food. For example, we make pies with nuts in them. These are made on the same counter that all of our prep-cooking (pre-portioning of meats, fruits, and veggies) is done. Yes, the counter is cleaned in between, but someone with a peanut allergy could have a reaction just from their food touching a surface where a peanut once was.

For this reason, most restaurants will provide a generic statement like, "Peanuts are used in this establishment, and it is possible they may come in contact with your food."

Another reason restaurants don't usually provide complete nutritional information is because doing so may compromise the confidentiality of their recipes.

Usually, if there is a specific ingredient you are worried about, a manager will probably be able to answer it. But don't be surprised or upset if they can't. Managers are not always trained or provided with the information about the amounts or names of every single ingredient in a given product, again for confidentiality reasons. If that manager was to quit tomorrow, he or she could take that knowledge and sell the same product under a different name if he or she knew all the ingredients.

The general rule is that we know about common concerns: nuts, oils, pork, MSG, etc. When you get into gluten-free and things like that, we don't know much about it. And a manager saying, "I don't know" may ACTUALLY be thinking, "I'm 99% sure, but if I'm wrong, I don't want to get sued."

As the previous person said, if your diet is so strict that you MUST see exact nutritional information for everything you consume, you should not be eating in ANY restaurant even if they DO provide such information. As I said before, such information would be an estimate at best and may not include every single ingredient. I sympathize with you - such an strict regimen would be difficult to deal with. Unfortunately, unless legislation comes along on a national level, you'll probably be on your own.

• Ho
                    Howard Jul 29, 2007

If your on such a strict diet, why are you going out to eat in the first place? I doubt very much your very strict diet would allow anything but raw vegetables bought at supermarkets that swear the product is strictly organic, grown in a local farm that does not use migrant workers.

Applebee'sunwarranted treatment

My family and I went to Applebee’s after being at the pool to have a late lunch on Friday, June 08, 2007. We wanted to have a nice family lunch, just relax and enjoy our time at Applebee's, as we have in the past. NOT anymore! Our server was great however, when the food came out I took a bite of my chicken & portabella mushroom sandwich and thought it was good so I proceeded to give a bite to my wife. She took a bite and there was a piece of plastic in the sandwich. We were very surprised since we've never experienced anything like this at your restaurants before. Nothing was asked of the server. I showed her the plastic and she took it to the back saying she would get us a replacement. No problem. We did not ask for our meals to be free, we did not ask to be compensated; we did not ask anything at all. The server offered to get us a new sandwich. A few minutes later, the kitchen manager came out and proceeded to Sininsinuate to us that we "purposely" put the plastic in the sandwich. He went on and on and on about how he personally made the sandwich and that he would never do such a thing and there was no such plastics inside of the restaurant. Fine, but the point is that the plastic WAS INDEED in the sandwich. He then said that he would make us another sandwich but then would have to charge us for TWO sandwiches. OBSURD! We did not cause a scene when we discovered the sandwich had plastic in it, but then it became a blown out fiasco with him trying to convince US, that we put the plastic in the sandwich.

I was angry, my wife was furious, and we asked to speak with the manager and the kitchen manager informed us that there was no other manager in the restaurant our waitress informed us otherwise and had the manager stop by our table. Still not causing a scene the manager came out and defended his kitchen manager, WITHOUT apologizing in any way, shape or manner for what had happened, and he also began to insinuate that we put the plastic in the sandwich. He sat there and looked at us as if were making up some grand story to get out of paying for our meals and went on to tell us that people do this sort of thing all the time. ON THE CONTRARY! We have plenty of money, and we have plenty of options as to where we can eat. We chose Applebee's.

Never have we ever been through such an ordeal as we went through at this restaurant located on 2728 Spring Road S.E. Atlanta, GA 30339. Check# 1762, Table #5. Even now, my wife and I are upset that this scene was caused IN FRONT OF our children. We are a mixed couple, I being Hispanic and my wife African American. After the incident they were constantly BLASTING rock music whenever a rock song came on in our section ONLY, it became borderline racially offensive. Why would the music be so loud ONLY when a rock song came on? Why would a piece of plastic be put into MY sandwich only? And why did they still charge us for TWO sandwiches?

Either way, we are still not seeking any compensation or asking for anything in retribution. Not food, drinks or appetizers. Nothing in exchange at all. Our wonderful server, Crystal saw what we had went through and she had the heart to not charge us for 2 drinks. But the managers of that restaurant, not only were completely unprofessional, but also were borderline racial toward us. I am contemplating making a call to Lord, Bissell, & Brooke, and trust me; they are not a two-bit law firm.

We still are not asking for anything, the reason of this letter is to notify whoever has the power to make appropriate changes and ensure that no other family will have to be embarrassed or harassed the way we were. Bottom line, Applebee's has lost our business.

Sincerely,
                  Josue Rodriguez

• We
                      Wesley Sep 27, 2008

I agree with u on this. the kitchen manager didnt not handle the issue as he should have. ur best bet was to call the regional manager about this situation and the km wouldve been fired on the spot. but u have to look at it this way, eating at franchise restraunts, u dont expect great service. actually the reason food comes out cold, or incorrectly is becuz the kitchen manager, expo, or servers dont double check the food before it coms out. the only thing management cares about is the times the food has to come out. they dont want the food to come out 14 minutes or more. this is how food orders mess up, or come out 15 minutes late. people bump the food off the screen, and dont run the food for other servers. service is not an issue, its mainly how the restraunt runs. id rather have the food come out late, than it come out messed up, and infuriate the customers. this is how servers dont make good money at applebees. the reason i know this, is becuz im a server as well at applebees, located down in mississippi. if u want good service, go to a local restraunt where everything is ran right. not some franchise, unless u want packaged food thats cooked, when u couldve just stayed home. next time, choose chilis or something, i get better service over there.

but if i was ur server, this issue wouldve never happened, becuz i usually make sure everything is correct before u get ur food.

Applebeesracism

I went to applebees on 4-7-07 with my little sister at 11:30 pM. (2 little asian girls) In Milwaukee Wisconsin. i walked in and asked the hostess, a short white lady in glasses if they are still serving TO GO. She said "yes we are but I can't serve you". I looked at her confused. She said because you're under 18. I told her that i am 21. She asked me so rudely "I need to see some ID" Then she looked at my ID. My id was in fair condition, it wasn't brand new because it had been in the washing machine so many times (i put one piece of tape on it). She asked me in a mean way about that. I told her that i put regular tape on it so that the plastic security tape will not come off.

(Not like it would make a difference in how old i am)

She kept looking at my ID and pausing and looking at me for a while. She took forever and i was hungry and it was irritating me because she is not blind. She kept saying where, I dont see it. I finally told her that it's right in front of her face. Then she said i was giving her an attitude and kicked me out. From the looks of her, keeping us out there for so long, It was like she was stalling so we cannot go in and order, Point: From the looks of things, that was discrimination.

I was thinking to myself: What is so hard about looking for your birthday on an ID card. Its not like she doesnt have one either.

• Rg
                        rgbfew May 23, 2010

Applebee's workers can't accept IDs that have been modified in any way whatsoever. It's against store policy. Maybe you shouldn't be cheap and get a new ID

Applebees — poor customer service and management!

I have visited this applebees quite a few times and on every occasion the customer service is the same. The...

Applebee'sunhappy with the service!

We visited an Applebee's the other evening and were very discouraged by the service we received. We arrived around 7:30pm and were seated promptly from there the service went down hill.

After about 20 minutes the waiter took our drink order which he messed up then he took order for dinner. we waited 45 minutes then asked if we could have our dinner salads. We received the salad about 15 minutes later. There was an employee appreciation or party going on in the back which we could hear during all this time. We asked if there was a problem as we had been waiting 55 minutes and still didn't have our dinners. We were told no and finally after a little over an hour we received our dinners. We were not the only ones unhappy with the service that night. I feel that the customers should always come first and pary later. Thank you for letting me file this complaint.

• We went to eat at the Applebee's in El Paso Texas on Yarbrough and gateway east (I-10) we had our kids with us and it was one hour after they had opened the restaurant there was only a couple of customers but when we walked in they try to seat us at the very back of the restaurant and when we asked for a table half way towards the front we were denied any seating and of the excuses for one of the tables we tried to request was that it was for seating 6 not for the five of us. We left the restaurant after being denied seating. Sounded to us like a good lawsuit! Our lawyer agreed.

• Mj
                          mjsteve Apr 28, 2013

went for my birthday on sunday after noon at the Herkimer NY, and the place was empty only few couples. Long story short the Long wait about 30 min after order, , , food was ice cold, meat was raw and bloody ..the butter wouldn't even melt on the veggies. No coffee refills..Told the waitress and received bad attitude, and talk back...will never go again...

• Sh
                          SHERIKA CARTER Jul 11, 2010

OK LET ME START BY SAYING ME MY BOY FRIEND AND TWO OF MY FRIENDS AND THERE KIDS WHERE ALSO THERE IT WAS MY BOY FRIEND BIRTDAY WE HAD POOR SERVICE THE LADY THAT SEATED US WAS ALSO OUR WAITRESS IN IT WAS CRAZY THE ONLY THING THE WAITRESS DID WAS BRING OUR DRINGS THEN WE ALL ATE AT DIFFERENT TIMES I HAD POOR SERVICE...

Marie Aug 30, 2008

Aoolebes is one of my favorite resteraunts, however the past 2 times I have eaten there, I left angry. We were seated right away, howver, we waited for the wiatress to come. finally she came and then about 10 minutes later another came. They argued about what table belonged to who. Then it took 30 minutes for us to get salads. My coffee was cold, my sld for 8.69 was not 1/2 it was 1/3 and it was horable. My spinach was wilted. The service was terriable and the food sucked.

I will not go back there. I usaulalybring my associated there for lunch, no way not now. Thank you Applebees for the wilted spinach and the 1/3 portion of the worst garbage I ever tasted.

• Ri
                          RICHARD F. BROGREN Jul 22, 2007

I have a complaint i was at the applebbes in addison ill. This afternoon, with my wife i asked for smoking and the guy at the front said there was not any booths because of having a large party, which i understood and went to non. After about five minutes he sat two women in the smoking area, and then three more and then four more i was very upset and couldn't figure out why he did this it wasn't a party at all. Is it because me and my wife our overweight it seems like that. Then my waiter when i ordered my chicken and garlic i ordered a salad we waited over an half hour and he brought my salad with my meal well i usually get the salad first so i told him to take it off the bill, don't know if he did or not we just wanted to get out of there and away from the prejudice people. It seemed like all the help was playing games and the greeter was talking about when he went to the bathroom and he pulled it out. I don't want to hear this neither does my wife. We will never re visit any applebees again no wonder they are being bought buy ihop.

• Yo
                          yolanda pullen Jul 16, 2007

I am a regular customer at applebees at 674 w. Arrow hwy., san dimas, ca 91773. Two weeks ago your bartender deanna served me a small and large bottle of wine. Yes, she cut me off which is fine. But i have to disagree where she could have been nice enough to let me know it was last call. We where talking about a personal friend my daughter was dating. She then out loud for everyone to hear said "you are cut off"... That night my 30 year old daughter went to applebees. She is a l.a. Sheriff. Deanna showed her how much i drank. Which was uncalled for. I can't believed what I've been through. The following week i showed up on a day i didn't realize she was working. She came up to me and told me she would like to talk to me outside. She told me she was still 'angry' with me and other things. I don't feel i deserve this treatment from your employee. I feel harassed. She took a personal issue and made a seen in front of customers walking in. I am a good customer of applebees and would like this issue to be addressed.

JaMille Rodriguez Jun 11, 2007

My family and I went to Applebee’s after being at the pool to have a late lunch on Friday, June 08, 2007. We wanted to have a nice family lunch, just relax and enjoy our time at Applebee's, as we have in the past. NOT anymore! Our server was great however, when the food came out I took a bite of my chicken & portabella mushroom sandwich and thought it was good so I proceeded to give a bite to my wife. She took a bite and there was a piece of plastic in the sandwich. We were very surprised since we've never experienced anything like this at your restaurants before. Nothing was asked of the server. I showed her the plastic and she took it to the back saying she would get us a replacement. No problem. We did not ask for our meals to be free, we did not ask to be compensated; we did not ask anything at all. The server offered to get us a new sandwich. A few minutes later, the kitchen manager came out and proceeded to insinuate to us that we "purposely" put the plastic in the sandwich. He went on and on and on about how he personally made the sandwich and that he would never do such a thing and there was no such plastics inside of the restaurant. Fine, but the point is that the plastic WAS INDEED in the sandwich. He then said that he would make us another sandwich but then would have to charge us for TWO sandwiches. OBSURD! We did not cause a scene when we discovered the sandwich had plastic in it, but then it became a blown out fiasco with him trying to convince US, that we put the plastic in the sandwich.

Never have we ever been through such an ordeal as we went through at your restaurant located on 2728 Spring Road S.E. Atlanta, GA 30339. Check# 1762, Table #5. Even now, my wife and I are upset that this scene was caused IN FRONT OF our children. We are a mixed couple, I being Hispanic and my wife African American. After the incident they were constantly BLASTING rock music whenever a rock song came on in our section ONLY, it became borderline racially offensive. Why would the music be so loud ONLY when a rock song came on? Why would a piece of plastic be put into MY sandwich only? And why did they still charge us for TWO sandwiches?

Applebee's - Garden Rd Burlington, NCracially discriminated!

My husband and I visited this particular establishment Sunday January 7, 2006 around 1pm. Upon entry in the restaurant the hostess asked how many were in our party and we replied 2 non smoking. We were seated and that was it. No one acknowledged that we were sitting at the table for 15 min. My husband was ready to leave after 10 min of waiting and not having anyone help us. But i talked him into waiting another 5. Then a family of 4 comes in and sit at the table beside us. Not only did a waitress come out to greet them. She gave them water and took their orders. Once I saw what was taking place we immediately left. Upon leaving I asked the hostess if I could speak to a manger instead she brings out a business card. My husband and I aren't big Applebee's eaters but we thought it would be nice to go to one since we were out of town visiting family. I am very upset and displeased that something like this can take a place at a restaurant that pledges excellence with diversity. Oh by the way I failed to mention that my husband and I are African Americans and everyone at this particular establishment were Caucasian. I'll make sure that I will make it my business not to patron any of the Applebee's restaurants and I'll make my family and friends in the area be aware of this establishment and or any other establishment for that matter, for fear they will be discriminated against and who wants to put up with that type of behavior in 2007. The only color that should have been of any concern is 'green' which is the color of money.

• Be
                            Beth Feb 19, 2007

I read your story above and the cry for racial discrimination seems unsupported. It sounds as if the hostess and her order of rotation of servers tables were off and its that simple. Why do black people always assume its because they are black? If you ever came to ANY of the Applebees in Atlanta its the exact opposite of what you reported. Its mostly African American and very few Caucasian!

Minot, Nd's Applebees — no gift certificate

I called Minot, ND's Applebees on Dec 9, 2006 between 3 and 5:00 PM to have a gift certificate sent to...