Having problems with Applebee's?

8140 Ward Parkway
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

I could not find the survey

Was at the restaurant this evening and on my receipt was e-mail address applebeesfeedback.com to answer a survey for a chance to win $1000.00. I could not find the survey. please let me know where it is. I only have 3 days to answer.

• Th
    THOMAS RODRIGUEZ Jun 10, 2010

THE KITCHEN STAFF (2) KEPT COMING OUT TO WATCH TV (BASKETBALL), THERE WAS A LOT OF CUTTING UP NOISE COMING FROM THE KITCHEN, MOST OF THE WAIT STAFF WAS PLAYING AROUND
    IN PLAIN VIEW, ON MY LAST 2 VISITS THERE WAS A YOUNG LADY STATIONED NEAR THE BAR ENTRANCE THAT HAD BEIGE PANTS ON
    BOTH TIMES THAT I WENT TO THIS STORE THAT LOOKED OLD, SLOPPY,
    TORN, WEATHERED, SHE APPEARED TO BE IN MGMT.
    TO BE HONEST I DON'T THINK THAT I WILL GO BACK TO THIS LOCATION; 1220 S. CLEARVIEW PKWY.
    HARAHAN, LA. 70123
    I DIDN'T TALK WITH YOUR MANAGER, BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TROUBLE
    OUR WAITRESS WAS VERY GOOD ELIZABETH B. WE SAT AT TABLE #41
    THOMAS RODRIGUEZ 504 782 1949 CELL NUMBER

it shouldn't take that long to get a drink order or for the waiter to come to the table

We went to the Applebees restaurant in Newton, NJ on Oct. 26 at around 5 p.m.. We were seated promptly and told what the special was and the drinks featured and that our waiter would be right with us. We sat there for 15 min. and NO one came to even take our drink order. We've gone there quite a few times and never had any problem, what happened? It shouldn't take that long to get a drink order or for the waiter to come to the table. I was very disappointed.

Thanks for your time and patience.

finding object in food

I and my husband were at this AppleBee's resturant, ordered our food which was a hamburger meal for my husband and the Rib dinner for myself. the waiter brought the meal I started eating my ribs and there was a hard bristle in the rib that I bit into. I made the waiter aware and he asked me to put the bristle on the napkin so he could take it back to show it to his manager. when the waiter came back he asked me if I wanted another or did I want him to wrap the rib that I had ordered up. I told him no and he offered me a free dessert. I told him we were done. The manager came out and asked was this the table that had the ribs and if I wanted him to have them make me another rib. I said no. The waiter came back to the table and said that they took off the appetizer and gave me a discount off of the rib dinner. When we looked at the bill the bill was $22, I asked where was the discount and he said they took off $4.99, I said they should have offered to give me the meal free seeing I had not eaten much of the meal. I feel that both the manager and the waiter were unprofessional and I am requesting that the manager and waiter be reprimanded.

• Mi
    Michael1972 Apr 07, 2010

I agree with Irish. (well in some places, other's are uncalled for comments)

You were offered

-to have the rib dinner wrapped
    -to get the meal replaced

You refused both of those choices. Did the total bill come to $22 for the two of you? If so then they pretty much gave a generous discount considereing a meal at a restaurant like that comes to $20 per person. The waiter and manager are not unprofessional. They offered you a few choices you just took advantage of their offer and demanded more.

• Ug
    ...ugh! May 04, 2010

the manager and waiter did the right thing... judging from the tone of your complaint, i'm sure that you were less than cooperative or understanding... to be honest, i have been in places and seated near people like you. making a scene isn't making the restaurant look bad, honey, it's embarrasing to everyone around you at how ###ic you are.

life lesson learned, just take what they offer, smile, be pleasant and realize that your are living on earth. where human things tend to happen.

• Ug
    ...ugh! May 04, 2010

i agree... everyone looks for reasons to be offended, it's a drama-look-at-how-horrifically-i-was-treated mentality... if they could just take one second out of their narcassistic days to reflect, it's not the end of the world.

poor manager

Every Tuesday my friends and I go to our local Applebee's because they have Karaoke and half price...

bad food

I ordered the hot wings, and my wife ordered the "new Knife and Fork Sirloin Steak Sandwich". My wings were bloody on the inside near the bone, so I told the waiter (who was outstanding). He said he would inform the manager. Manager comes and tells me that the red/pink part is just a "vein" and that they cook all their wings for the same amount of time. I had to tell him again they were not cooked completely. He then offered to cook them a couple of extra minutes longer for me. They came out acceptable the second time around. But the manager didn't want to make us happy, we could just tell.

My wife's "New Knife and Fork Sirloin" was a complete waste of money. We told our waiter as we were paying and leaving. He even said we were not the first to complain about this new $7.99 sandwich plate.

Then to top it all off, I go online to complete my "survey" and the serial number on my receipt is "not valid". Give me a break! This food is disgusting!

iwon't be spending any more money there

For the amount of $ I spent there with my family, the experiance was not worth going back. The server showed no interest or urgency with our table. Waited 20 min. for soup to find out that they were out of that kind, so wre ordered clam chowder. This clam chowder was the worst ver seen or tasted, Just clam juice with some bits in it. Clam Chowder at Des Moines Creek Restaurnt surpasses this one by 100%. Portions are small, alfredo sauce is no better then out of a jar, and the molten cake...ice cold and hard. Didn't tell thre server because you couldn't find her any way, not a single refill of even water was offered. Money is tight now a days and I won't be spending any more there.

• Re
    realisticfeedback78 Mar 13, 2010

Well let me start off with an apology about your experience... actually let me take that back... it's Applebee's man!! they ###ing suck no matter where in the US you go. There restaruants are dirty and there food sucks. No atmosphere, no waiter or waitress personality, just plain ordinary here's your food, drink and finally the bill. All in all always a total dissapointment...

Marchs May 17, 2010

Six of us went to the Applebees in Greenfield, IN on last Sunday. We were told it would be a fifteen minute wait and it turned out to be 45. Then we were stuffed into a booth. The waitress came after ten minutes and took our drink and appetizer order and disappeared for ten minutes, then took off after bringing our drinks without getting our meal order. She came back with our appetizers another fifteen minutes later and got our meal order after joking about having forgotten to get orders at other tables that day. A half hour later, she came by to ask if we needed anything and when my dad suggested our meals would be nice, the waitress acted offended and said she'd been busy. At this point it was around 2:30 and the place was less than half full. The food came about ten minutes later and was fine. Then waitress offered us refills and never brought them. Overall, terrible service.

employees act as if they do not want to be at work

If your sales have dropped in Orangeburg SC, it is not due to the economy! One day I suggested that some of my coworkers join me for lunch at this establishment, I was immediately told that they no longer eat there, because the staff is very unprofessional, although I felt the same due to another unpleasant experience Myself and another coworker decided to go anyway. When we arrived we were seated by the hostess, and told that someone would take our drink orders. After being seated we both took turns going to the restroom to wash our hands, meanwhile we still had no drinks. After sitting there for approximately (7) minutes watching the waitresses stand around the bar catching up on the latest gossip we got up and left. As we were leaving I heard a waitress saying "I dont know why they're leaving no one sat them down anyway". Now excuse me, why would I walk into an establishment and seat myself especially when I know that you are seated at Applebees. I strongly encourage enforced policies and proceedures, because the employees act as if they do not want to be at work.

applebee's is a hazard to the health of its customers

Applebees is not only ridiculous, it is a hazard to the health of its customers. They have a bar in the middle of the restaurant in which people are exhaling clouds of smoke, and then also in half of the restaurant. Then they ask you, "smoking or non-smoking?" Are you stupid?! So we are seated in a non-smoking section and then right next to us (literally only a wall with poles separates us) a couple is smoking. And so then everyone else not smoking is also at risk for developing lung cancer and asthma attacks. So STUPID. Get smart and put up a wall that smoke can't go through at least.

• Ca
    calstir Jul 09, 2011

This was the worst time we ever had tonight 12/9/2010 6:02p.m.. The Strawberry lemonade was bitter, and the dinners salads had spoiled lettece which they replaced one of them. My mother's meal the steak was hamburger and the mashedpotato's where cold not even luke warm just like they were taken out of a refrigarator. This will be our last visit.

• Oc
    ocb1 Aug 01, 2011

Just picked up 2 orders of crispy orange chicken bowl. order these all the time they are great. got home and opened up the meal. it looked like half the amount we normally get, thought they must have made a mistake. called the restaurant to check and was told by the manager that they in fact are making them half the amount per corporate direction to do so. charge the same price...get half the food''''.they never advertised this. I am no fool. will find another restaurant !

totally disappointed

I was totally disappointed with my visit to your restaurant. Your half priced appetizers changed. You use to have vegetable pizza and quesidillas, but now most of the appetizers are fried. I ordered Orange Chicken, small order. It was so spicy I could not eat it. I asked the waitress about it and she said that it had crushed red peppers in it. The meal was $7.49. I called the waitress over and asked for something else. She was not sure if I could do it. I asked for the mini bacon cheeseburgers. She was not sure of the price, but said that she would call it even. Well the cheeseburgers only cost $5.99, but we were charged the price of the orange chicken. Also my husband got the sizzling fajitas at the price of $8.49. He was charge the more expensive order of $11.99. When we left we checked the menu prices and call this to the attention of the manager. Instead of the manager adjusting our bill or backing it out, the waitress took the difference of $4 out of her tip pocket to take care of the price difference. This made us feel terrible that she was giving up her tip money. We gave the money back to the manager for him to return it to her. We concluded that it was a bad experience and will not return to Applebees. We were even overcharged with a second mountain dew which we did not order.

awful food

I recently went to Applebees here in Hamilton, NJ and the food was HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRRRRIBBBLE!!! I ordered my food for the carside pickup, and when I got home to have my lunch, the food was cold and nasty. Ordering the Chicken Alfredo (minus) the broccoli, boneless chicken wings w/honey BBQ (for someone else), and a hot fudge sundae for my little girl. Welllll... the noodles for the Chicken Alfredo was dried out, the boneless wings were hard (like they been over cooked and dunked in sauce) and the sundae, WHAT A JOKE... you couldn't even call it a sundae!!! It was ONE bite of ice cream w/whip cream and a squirt (less then that) of fudge. It was HORRIBLE!!! I recommend if you go here, CHECK YOUR FOOD BEFORE YOU LEAVE...OTHERWISE, YOU WON'T GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!! Oh yeah, I went BACK to the restuarant to complain, and the manager said to me, "Their's NOTHING wrong with the food." We got into a bit of a tib bit, and the manger refused to do ANYTHING. HORRIBLE AND DEPLORABLE!!!

• Js
    jsgiii74 May 02, 2010

My wife and I grabbed a bite to eat at the Applebee's on Hamilton Square (Route 33), and sadly we agree that the food wasn’t that great. We tried the 3 for 12.99 appetizers special. The wanton tacos were so-so and we only received a teaspoon of queso dip. The sliders were okay. Despite the disappointing food quality, our bartender was excellent, attentive, and courteous. The only saving grace was that the Sam Adam's seasonal Noble Pils was still on tap.

customer sevice

my husband and i desided to eat at applebees in the new bronx mall after shopping on 1/31/10, when the...

service/management

I have filed 2 previous complaints concerning a situation, and NOTHING has been done. I had another related incident tonight that upset me. The biggest issue is the failure of management to take proper action to discipline a very rude and unreasonable server. They further have been VERY rude and judgemental of me, without giving proper consideration to my complaints.
I am 61 year old retired military officer and a respected member of the communnity.

First off, several months ago I received VERY rude service from my server, Ginger St.John. When taking my order she was VERY short and rude. There came a point when I politely asked if I could ask her a question, to which she VERY rudely said NO as she turned and walked away. She definitely has an unfoundes dislike for me.I have tried to get her to explain why she was so ANGRY with me, but will not explain, not try to work out whatever problem she has with me.

Several weeks later she(Ginger) came in very angrily and rudely butted in on a conversation I was having with the bartender(Susan). She then scolded me about an issue outside of the restaurant and didnot involve her at all. I spoke to the manager (David Elliott)that night and he has taken NO action.

At this time I filed a complaint with Applebee's Corp, and nothing happened. I first wanted to NEVER go into Applebee's again, but I enjoy the restaraunt, other that for this situation, and diddn't think I should have to stay away because of bad management.

I decided to avoid Ginger as much as possible, but tonight some friends asked me to join them. It just so happened to be in Gingers section. She refused to serve me. The manager(David Elliott) scoulled me in front of other guest, for sitting in her section, and I felt he was about to have me removed.

I don't understand why Applebee's Corp would allow such treatment of a regular customer( 3-4 times a week for the last 3-4 years) to continue.

Joseph Conner

• 69
    69SS77 Feb 25, 2010

I've had great service at SoBo Applebees (usually waited on by Simon, who is probably younger than Ginger, but obviously knows more about customer service than she does). I've never been waited on by her, thank God. I do know who she is though. I have heard of other people having run-ins similar to yours with that fat ###, so I feel your pain. Honestly, I'd be careful about going back there...you never know what an unstable woman like her will do. She may give the chef a quick BJ and get him to spit in your food (OR WORSE)...and from what I've heard about this broad, she's just the type to do something so whorish. I heard she "gets around"...if you know what I mean.

Maybe she's just bitter that she lacks the necessary skills to hold a better job?

It's a further drive, but the Applebee's in Lynchburg has great service. There's a short Asian girl there who has absolutely outstanding customer service skills.

• Fr
    Francesko Apr 20, 2010

Applebees sucks...the food sucks and the managers suck...it is a horrible company to work for...

• Ng
    NG19 May 04, 2010

I am from Halifax and have had great service at Applebees. I have had Ginger as my server many times and she has done an excellent job! I was told by a friend about the comments made here, and I find some of them appalling. Why is it so easy to go online and drag someone's name through the mud? 69SS77 is a cowardly idiot! Commenting online about "what you heard" about someone is as low as dirt in my book. If you haven't been waited on by her, then keep your trap shut! Mr. Conner at least had some reason behind his post. I guess I shouldn't say anything, but I feel it's wrong to do someone this way. Working in a job that requires you to deal with the public is a challenge that most people will never understand. Could it be that the above individuals are A#[email protected]^ES that make serving them almost impossible. I will continue to go to Applebees and will enjoy it. If Ginger is my server, I'll make sure she gets a good tip for a job well done.

yooser May 04, 2010

Well said NG19!

Sarah010287 May 04, 2010

yeah it just depends on which applebees you go to maybe you should try a different oneyou might some better luck :)

yooser May 05, 2010

I have always had great service from ALL the staff at Applebees, especially Ginger. The above comments by 69SS77 sounds like sour grapes, possibly from rejection from said waitress for unwanted advances, maybe? Those comments are unacceptable in a public forum and I would advise Ginger to screen shot those comments, contact site administrator and have them pulled, then contact a lawyer to start a suit for character assassination.

• Wa
    warlord1820 May 05, 2010

Well I will say this I have known this young lady for almost twenty years and have been in Applebee's as a customer of hers and she has never once acted in any other way but as a professional...

now Mr. Conner as others have commented before me go to another Applebee's if you dont like the service, but it seems to me since you continue to go into said place of business and continue to seek out this young lady you are the one that has the issuse...the reason I say this is she cant choice where she works, but you can choose where you eat.

As for 69SS77, well all I can say is wow, she must have really shot you down...HARD!!!

• 98
    989anon May 06, 2010

I enjoy Ginger and have had no problems with her. I do not agree with this complaint made by Joseph Conner. I have heard of several things that have happened outside of this establishment that would lead people to think differently of Joseph Conner. Why would he mention them though? He only tells what he wants to tell so that everyone will feel sorry for him and agree with what he has to say. To everyone on here making negative comments I say that you need to approach Ginger and get her facts then make your decision. Remember that there are two sides to every story and only a complete a%* will get on a site like this and trash talk someone without hearing and knowing what all is going on.

• Wh
    whereami80 May 27, 2010

I have been waited on by Ginger and I think she is very rude too and not just on one occassion. If she doesn't like her job she should quit. I'll ask for a different waitress if I know I'm going to be served by her.

yooser Jun 04, 2010

That goes against what I know to be true...if shes rude to you, could it be that you deserve it...Face it, she a great looking woman and must get hit on all the time and maybe you can't handle rejection very well...if I am wrong, then ask her why she is rude to you - not trash her in a public forum...as far as I can tell, she is great at her job!

bad food and overcharges

Tried to give me a well done steak after ordered rare sent back the manager said *** bill butt didn't and over charged me for drinks and kids meal didn't really want to be a *** on chistmas eve but its started to piss me off. 45 dollars for a 7oz steak and a corndog seams a little steep if you ask me. that is the last time i ever will step foot in an applebee's restaurant and will tell all my friends and people that i work with not to go to applebee's cause they suck.

manager

My family has enjoyed going to Applebees for many years. On 10/23/2009 I met my son, along with a few of hi...

manager

My name is Joann Wright. On Thursday, Nov. 5, 2009. around 5 oclock, I was dining at applebees with my...

terrible food, terrible service

After my family and I visited Applebee's for dinner last night, we agreed we will NEVER go back. The taste of the food was so bad that all four of us could not even eat our meals. To top it off, we were all running to the bathroom when we got home and felt miserable the whole night.

Also beware when they ask "what side you would like with your meal" and name all the choices, they purposely neglect to tell you that most all of their suggestions are EXTRA. They are trained to make it sound like it's simply part of your options.

And the service...forget about it. The only time we saw our waitress after the initial order was while she leaned up on the planter chatting with a single customer and looking at the tattoo of another employee. Other servers brought all of our food and I waited 20 minutes just to get my drink order.

MaryTerry Oct 25, 2009

I worked at Applebee's part-time recently. When you are told your choices of sides, they are not extra unless you order a side that is not on the option list. For example: you order a steak. You get to choose from broccoli, fries or baked potato. But if you wanted say, onion rings, which isn't on the option list, then yes, that is extra.

management

I have been employed at the company for about four months.The place is very slow but so is our economy so I was thankful to have a job.I on average had about two hours of side work after making alot of times 15 dollars a shift.I picked up when ever they needed help and even did a bulletin board for them on off time. I paid for my food after watching many of thier experts eat free and do things they werent suppose to.I told them when they hired me my situation and how sometimes scheduling would be difficult.I was in court and my attorney was late causing me to miss work.However I called and got my shift covered.I was never called and told I was terminated.Insted the people I worked with were told and asked to pick up my shifts.She changed her story and handled things extremely wrong.It has hurt me badly.How could that be allowed.I am about to lose my house and we can hardly eat and I was never a bad employee.I worked hard and was a great server.There is more to my story but I hope someone can help with what has been wrongly done.

• Do
    don't hate Sep 29, 2009

i think what you are saying is a total lie and you know it! if you were doing your job then you would not have been fired! its that easy all you did was complain and whine. we were tired of you being there, and are actually glad you are gone. you can in high on pills everyday, and brought everyones good moods down. maybe you need to clean yourself up before you start pointing fingers at people!!! its sad that 95% of what you wrote is a lie!

lewd behavior

My husband and I actually had a pleasant meal at the Wallingford, CT Applebees. We ate, then paid our bill...

Tough economy strikes Applebee's store #528 in Albuquerque, NM

I understand that on occasion a restaurant runs out of ingrediants to make items on their menu. Most will advise the patron of the situation and suggest an alternate choice. Not Applebee's. No, when out of BREAD let's just cut 1/2 of a bun in 1/4's and then serve up 3 of the 4 (smaller than bitesize morsels up and hit the customer for the full $8.

And NO THE SANDWICH SHOWN IN THE IMAGES WAS NOT ALTERED IN ANYWAY - IT IS SHOWN AS SERVED

Sheeyah Jul 06, 2009

So, what did you do about it? It looks like you ate the food. I would've sent it back and asked for something else.

JBT Jul 06, 2009

When the meal was served, I had the waitress invite her manager over to discuss the quality of the meal with me. The manager advised me that they had run out of the slider bread and that she would discuss the matter with their kitchen. At some point during the meal the waitress advised me that the manager was adjusting the bill.

I advised her that I wanted the bill to be left unadjusted as we were going to pay for the 2 slider meals as served. I also advised her that as an Applebee's manager who considered serving guests this meal as appropriate, she needed to advise her corporate office that the images of the experience were going to be posted on every blog site I knew of.

• Ve
    VegasDealer Jul 06, 2009

So you got the food and complained. In order to try and make it right the manager was going to adjust the bill. But instead you said you didn't want it adjusted. You then appeared to eat the meal and still post a complaint. Interesting how you didn't put that they tried to make it right when you made your original complaint. I wonder what else you didn't say?

Sheeyah Jul 06, 2009

I agree with rrh. They admitted your meal wasn't appropriate and offered to make amends. The manager did exactly what she should've done. What're you complaining about? When something goes wrong and a business either corrects or offers to make up for the problem, that's good customer service. All you did was cheat yourself out of money.

JBT Jul 06, 2009

I disagree completely. Having worked in food service a good part of my life, restaurant management always excuses themselves out with 'that person was just trying to get a free meal'. This was clearly a decision by management to short serve their clientele. Fixing the meal or two that they get called on while cheating everyone else is a bigger issue than me getting $8 bucks taken off my ticket. And yes, I even tipped the waitress as it wasn't her fault their management makes these decisions.

I wanted my point made loud and clear.
    I was a paying patron;
    I was cheated by their policy;
    I was leaving their cooking staff the sample above so they could fully understand how they
    represented their employer.

BTW .. this picture was taken prior to the meal being consumed. The other two 'pieces' and au jous were moved out of the way for the full effect of the comparison of the size of the french fry vs the 'slider'.

Sheeyah Jul 06, 2009

You don't have enough information to assume they were cheating everybody. Instead you come off as someone with a vendetta against Applebee's.

JBT Jul 06, 2009

Calisurfer, I blame management because SHE acknowledged that was THEIR solution for being out of bread. If I was in Applebee's management I would have suggested to my crew to 1) advise the customer prior to acceptance of the order 2) if the customer agreed to a change in the product, cut a regular sandwich in 1/3rds so that their was at least a reasonable appearance that the food served was of comparable quantity quality to that in the pictures. But to cut a sandwich into 1/8's and then serve up 3/8's of a sandwich and charge more than a soup/sandwich combo which would have at least been 1/2 sandwich is ridiculous.

As for Sheeyah, I am even more disappointed to see that Applebee's assigns people like you to monitor these blogs to try to point blame at the consumer rather than deal with the mismanagement themselves.

But REALLY thanks for your INPUT. I know they CHEATED me and by THEIR OWN ADMISSION that is THEIR POLICY so it reasons that they intentionally CHEAT everyone that doesn't call them to the carpet on it.

And I don't have a vendetta against anyone. Advising people to avoid ripoffs like the one that took place here is the point of this site. If it is clear that a policy is set that is harmful to all consumers what good does it do for one person to get their meal adjusted while the next people get the same poor food/service. If the Applebee's adjusts enough of these meals off the policy doesn't change .. THE PRICE GOES UP on everything else.

Fortunately, since I won't be back there again it will be fools like you that ### about the prices going up while you sit back and eat your free desert or your 1/2 price meal for the umpteenth time.

Sheeyah Jul 06, 2009

Maybe it was just a poor decision by someone (the manager, the cook, whomever). Maybe they weren't trying to cheat anyone.

The only blame I pointed at you was that you didn't take the offered restitution. I never said they didn't make a mistake. In fact, I first said I would've sent the food back.

I don't think I ever read you stating they said this was their policy. It may only have ever happened in this one location for all we know.

By your words, you do have a vendetta. Your reason is that you don't want the price to go up? You think that refunding order mistakes will cause a drastic price increase? Really? If it's not already built into their menu pricing it probably comes out of someone's pocket.

I doubt we are all fools just because you think you're right. And it's been extremely rare that I've ever had to send back a meal or get some kind of discount. You've made this to be a much bigger deal than it needed to be.

awful service from bartender

Typically, I enjoy spending the evening at Applebees. The food is usually good, and the prices reasonable...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices