Having problems with Amedisys?

Amedisys reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 18, 2011. The latest review Home Nursing Care was posted on Jul 7, 2021. The latest complaint defamation of character was resolved on Jul 16, 2017. Amedisys has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 7 reviews. Amedisys has resolved 2 complaints.

Amedisys Customer Service Contacts

+1 225 292 2031 (Corporate Office)
3854 American Way, Suite A
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Amedisys Customer Service. Initial Amedisys complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Amedisys above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Amedisys. Discuss the issues you have had with Amedisys and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Amedisys Complaints & Reviews

AmedisysHome Nursing Care

Let's start with the really important failure of the nursing care. My mother suffered a spinal injury that left her with little to no feeling below the point of injury. Amedisys was prescribed by the physician to provide skilled nursing for her in-home. She developed a bedsore that was incompetently tended to and allowed to advance to the point of infecting the bone beneath the wound.
My mother is now in full time skilled care and unlikely to ever return home as the we are told that the wound is so advanced that is unlikely to every heal.

Secondarily, our long term care insurer requested documents to process the claim on April 28. Amedisys didn't request the HIPPA release until June 30 which was returned exactly 71 minutes after the request was made. Their records contractor (MRO) required a separate HIPPA release which was received and returned on July 6. We are now told that the request will be processed in order of receipt despite being informed that the insurance claim will be closed due to lack of response for documentation on July 9.

Conclusion: Amedisys is incompetent in both the care of patients and administration of required documentation. Dealing with Amedisys has been challenging at best and life threatening in reality.

Helen Boudreau Aug 14, 2021

While working for this company the staff is great and give extrodinary care. This agency puts patients and family first.

AmedisysHome Health Care

I was discharged from the hospital and Amedisys was assigned by PCP to provide home health care nursing care to change dressings on my skin grafts from knee surgery 2 x a week.

Amedisys told me there would be a delay because they were down two nurses. Well that delay is now seven days past my original expectation for care and my dressing change is way overdue.

Amedisys has a broken communication process and they are not pro-active in communicating delays. No one calls and the burden is on me to chase them down.

I am now filled with anxiety about my wound care and Amedisys does not care enough to prioritize my care

Helen Boudreau Aug 14, 2021

Did this happen during covid because this agency is great really

Nov 28, 2020

Amedisys — Employee

Yvonne Bucks. Director position? Could not tend to a hog, nasty and self-serving person. One company she...

Aug 26, 2019

Tugaloo Home Health Agency (an AMEDISYS company) — home nursing care, specifically the medical director, mary francis

The regular nurses genuinely care and try to help. The problem is the medical director, mary francis. Mary...

Amedisysnurse didn't leave my house when told to

The nurse was here to see my husband. I have 4 dogs, and 2 like to jump on strangers for attention. Because of this, I had them locked in my bedroom with me. However, I needed to use the restroom and while leaving the room in my wheelchair the dogs got out. I yelled out that I was sorry, but I had to use the restroom and would get the dogs in just a moment. Before I could, the nurse decided on her own to remove my dogs, and to put them in my bedroom, without permission to do anything and especially without permission to get near my personal bedroom. She would have been within her rights to remove herself from the situation, and I wouldn't have blamed her. The dogs are not aggressive at all, but I wouldn't have wanted them jumping on me.

When I went to the living room, I told her that she had no right going to my room, and to leave my house immediately. She didn't. I had to forcefully repeat myself 3-4 times before she finally left. If I'd had my phone handy, i would have called the police to remove her.

Again, she had full rights to remove herself from annoying dogs. And if I had not had to use the restroom immediately, this situation would not have come up. But someone cannot stay in a house when they've been told to leave.

Helen Boudreau Aug 14, 2021

Sounds like this was more the wife controlling, jealous issues not this company.

Amedisys — defamation of character

It was recently brought to my attention that a home health nurse (name removed), with whom I am slightly...

Amedisys — scam

This is the worst company in their treamtment of employees and patients. RUN!!! DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THE LOW LIFES!!!