BioLife Plasma Services Logo

BioLife Plasma Services

Having problems with BioLife Plasma Services?

BioLife Plasma Services reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2008. The latest review Unethical Behaviour was posted on Oct 20, 2021. The latest complaint Plasma donor was resolved on Sep 21, 2021. BioLife Plasma Services has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 364 reviews. BioLife Plasma Services has resolved 42 complaints.

BioLife Plasma Services Customer Service Contacts

1200 Lakeside Drive
Bannockburn, Washington

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BioLife Plasma Services Customer Service. Initial BioLife Plasma Services complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BioLife Plasma Services above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BioLife Plasma Services. Discuss the issues you have had with BioLife Plasma Services and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BioLife Plasma Services Complaints & Reviews

Biolife Plasma ServicesUnethical Behaviour

Sir, I, Rady Williams, was discriminators for the second time in one year against by employees at Biolife Plasma at Marrow Ga. location. Problem, I was informed by one of two nurse that my blood produce 6.1 protein result and the second blood test produced 6.3 protein reading thus resulting in deferral and demanding third blood test; however, my personal physician requested labs results but Biolife employees refused citing policies. Sir, because Biolife have identified a potential medical problem that which removed I from donating by law all medical labs reports are to be use to save the health of my person, yes I am human and should be respected, they insisted to tell me of the problem but I am not a Physician MD.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 20, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We encourage you to share additional details by email at [email protected] so that we may look into the issue further- please ensure to include your name, donation center and best contact number with your comments. Thank you.

Biolife Plasma Services1st Donation and Physical

I had my very first appointment today. The staff were very rude and told me to stand off in this hallway. My appointment was for 2:30pm, I got there at 2 and was not even seen until 3:15. The lady got my information but was more worried about the other clients instead of letting me finish registering in the system. Then she walked me to the back where some very rude lady "checked my veins." She didn't look at me the whole time and took maybe 30 seconds to check both arms and walked off saying defer. I asked the other woman what was wrong and she proceeded to tell me my veins weren't any good and that I need to drink water. I had literally been drinking water and some Gatorade all day prior to my appointment because I knew it could cause some dehydration so I knew this was [censored]. I felt as if she was being very racist towards me and I'm angry that I couldn't get more than a 30 second "exam." I have my own job but I really need this extra money for my bills and I am more than happy to do whatever it takes to donate and "work" for it. It pissed me off that I waited so long to be treated in such a manner.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 20, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience. We encourage you to share additional details by email at [email protected] so that we may look into the issue further- please ensure to include your name, donation center and best contact number with your comments. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Biolife Plasma ServicesDonation

These people are mean spirited scammers. Their shell game of payout amounts is designed to mess up your donation schedule so you almost always receive the minimum. Obviously the compensation system is designed to trip you up and keep you guessing, so that desperate people will end up keeping on feeding the Vampire that is biolife.

You have to donate twice in one week to get more than gas money, but you can't donate sooner than two days in a row. That means you only get one or two days to donate and if you miss it, the payment schedule starts over. You'd have to be unemployed to meet that schedule. Normal people's schedule varies and they know you'll miss a beat.

Some coupons amounts aren't applied until your 6th donation, but you must make that 6th donation within 34 days. But you can only donate twice a week. That means If you miss more than 2 donations in the month, the clock starts over.

Then they offer you coupons that don't apply until you have donated 6 times! If they apply that coupon, it will eliminate the previous coupon which hasn't expired, so you will lose that money and won't get paid for another month with the new coupon. If you ask what the payment will be for your donation that day they tell you nobody knows, you can find out after you donate.

Recently they have implemented a scheduling system to make things easier for nobody. In a city with 4 million people you have a 5 minute window to make your appointment. If you're early and no one is in line ahead of you, you'll still have to wait. If you're late, come back tomorrow. If that ruins your payment schedule that'll make them even happier.

Not worth the risk.
      Not worth the time.
      Not worth the discomfort.
      Not worth the unknown factors.
      Not worth the lack of decent compensation.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 18, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We encourage you to share additional details by email at [email protected] so that we may look into the issue further- please ensure to include your name, donation center and best contact number with your comments. We would like to have someone explain our coupons and compensation and help with your other questions/comments as well.
          Thank you.

Biolife Plasma ServicesBiolife Plasma

I was refused to speak to a supervisor by assistant manager kameisha at the biolife plasma center in Greensboro, NC. She was very rude and she snatched my thermometer out of my mouth. And said that if I didn't speak with her in a exam room I will not be able to donate. All because I didn't want to speak with her in private and I wanted to speak with a supervisor someone that was over her. And because I declined to speak with her in private and rather speak to a supervisor she banned me from the biolife plasma Greensboro, NC center!

Biolife Plasma

• Updated by Rasheeda James · Oct 15, 2021

Kameisha u a whole lame

• Updated by Rasheeda James · Oct 15, 2021

Biolife in Greensboro has poor customer service and discriminates big time!

Biolife Plasma ServicesHand hygiene and poor customer service

The location in Rialto phlebotomist by the name of H***ry does not practice safe hand hygiene. She is rude and condescending. She has no respect to the cdc infection prevention guidelines. Phlebotomist by the name of H***ry got real upset when I asked her to change into clean gloves. She had touched all surfaces including the table where they were throwing the blood cartridges. When she came to insert needle I asked if she could change into clean gloves she said these are clean and I won't change my gloves grabbed my hand and wanted to proceeded the process. I immediately got up and left. I was protecting and advocating for my health. The manager was made aware of this incident. I felt her aggression and it scared me. She was hostile, forceful and lacked respect for human life, human rights, and health guidelines.

Biolife Plasma ServicesSnellvile, centerville Road,Ga

They need to hire some Help. My appointment was at 5:35 I had to wait over 30 minutes with a beeper just to answer questions. Then only had one one person doing vitals. Still in line to get yo the back and there is 15 people in line with me. Only has tech in back to hook you ip to donate.
            It's not fair to the people who work here, they just need to hire some help for the employees.

Genese Stanley

[protected]@yahoo.com

Biolife Plasma ServicesScheduling in DesMoines Iowa

They have us wait in a line outside to even check on them there is the line once you have done the prescreening process. There are 46 people in line to check in and every 20 min they let in 6 people. We often wait up to 2 hours past our appointment time to get hooked up what are they planning to do as winter comes expect us to stand outside in the cold. My cousin is one of the people that receive treatment from plasma and that is why I donate but to wait this long is ridiculous There needs to be some scheduling adjustments either with appointments or staff if they want people to continue to donate

Biolife Plasma ServicesStaff/time

They are now respecting appointment times which means 10 minutes before or after your appointment you can arrive however they are taking too many appointments at one time which makes the wait time about an hour or a little over. We should be able to get in and get out within an hour of our time… not getting to the part where they check to see if you're good to donate an hour after my time. This is ridiculous and this will lead to many people stopping the donation process.

Biolife Plasma ServicesViolation of HIPPA

Hello my name is Joshua herba and my wife Atlantis came home today after going to biolife in Bismarck Nd. She was getting ready to donate when she was approached by a staff member and was told to leave because the staff member Kelly Haman decided to tell the other staff confidential information that she found out through social media. now we are permanently banned from donating. If you could give me a call back I would appreciate it. [protected].

Biolife Plasma ServicesCompensation

I went into Biolife on 9/26/21, new donor. I was referred, by a friend, which I gave her name. I also had a promo code for $1200 for new donors. showed it to the nurse. After donation, I spoke with a manager, because my promo didnt show. It says $1000 instead of 1200. I showed her my promo code again, and she assured me she fixed it.
                    10/6/21. I ask to speak with manager again to discuss the issue. And why my frequency bonus changed. I showed him the promo code, and the date of the actual screenshot. (Was before 1st donation.)
                    He says he cant fix it. I must have gave them a different promo code and forgot, he says. Walks away. I'm missing out on money.

Biolife Plasma ServicesCompensation

I used a returning donor coupon, 3 payments of $200, totaling $600. After my third donation, I went to the ATM to withdraw, and received the NSF notification . I checked the app and it shows I was not paid. I tried to call, and of course, they don't answer. I drive back there and am informed it's going to take up to 72 hours. A lot of people overheard this and left.

Sure, can't pay us the same but can take the plasma bag and sell it for thousands.

They aren't even telling any of us upon entering, they're only telling us when we ask.

Biolife Plasma ServicesTime

I have been here at biolife for almost two hours now and still have not donated plasma yet. The service here is slow and they provide for people who have not been here as long. I waited for my physical for 40 minutes. I could've gotten my questionnaire done while waiting but they made me wait. I saw the person ahead of me come out of his physical and I still had to wait an extra 15 minutes until I was called. I have now been waiting to donate. No one has set up my machine for 30 minutes now. 3 people have seen that I've been waiting and they decide to get other people ready than me. This has been extremely frustrating being here. I have seen 6 people come to the donating area before me and have gotten to donate, while I'm still waiting to get my machine even ready.

Biolife Plasma ServicesStaff Unprofessional and untrained

My name is Margaret Dalton. I donated plasma on October 5th at Biolife in St George Utah, 816 N 2860 St E at 5:55 am. The needle was placed incorrectly in my arm. The machine started beeping and the staff member told me it was an air bubble. He reset the machine and it went off several times. I felt ignored by the staff as if they didn't want to fix the problem or help me out. Then one of the leads came over to help (Which she didn't! I didn't get her name but she was pregnant with long dark brown hair ) She shoved the needle more inside my arm and then walked away to the other side of the room without saying anything. She is not suppose to do that. I was obviously in pain and she just didn't care to help. I immediately started to bleed out from the needle and my arm filled up with blood. I called for help. Yes, it was hematoma. But it really shouldn't have had this much bruising to my arm. This all could have been prevented if they would have removed the needle sooner. They didn't want to fix they're mistake. This is very unprofessional I am very disappointed of how untrained your staff is. it seems like they just want you in out of there and they just fish out your vein. They need to realize that they can cause extreme damage. I will no longer donate at biolife, I will strongly advise my friends and family not to donate here as well. I would like to report the women who cause this much damage to my arm because I don't want anyone else to experience this.
                          I would like to receive the rest of the money that I would have received if this incident didnt happen to me. My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

Staff Unprofessional and untrained
                          Staff Unprofessional and untrained

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 08, 2021

Thank you for your feedback Margaret; we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please reach out to us by email at [email protected] and include your name and donation center so that we can look into this matter. We value your commitment to plasma donation and hope to see you at BioLife again.

Biolife Plasma ServicesHanging up on me and very rude

I had an appointment scheduled for 10/07/2021 at 1pm and on my way to the St. Louis location there was an accident on the highway. The highway was shut down and I tried calling the donation center and they kept hanging up on me. I called a total of 57 times and never talked to one person. When I finally arrived they would not let me donate and they were very rude about it. It was not my fault there was an accident on my way there. I think this is ridiculous and I am Turing them into the BBB.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 07, 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have passed along your comments to the BioLife team so they are aware of your concerns. We encourage you to share any additional details by email at [email protected] as we look into your issue further. We truly value you and your commitment to plasma donation, and we hope to see you at BioLife again soon.

Biolife Plasma ServicesCompensation

I went to my appointment on Saturday October 2, 2021. My appointment was at 1:30 and I did not walk out the door until 4:30. With that being said, I gave my promo code to the gentleman that took my vitals and tested my blood. My promotion was for $600 for 3 donations. This would of been the first of my 3. The gentleman wrote my promo code on the white card we get. When I was done I checked my account and it showed only $20 was applied. I went to a nurse and asked about it - before I left the building, and she said she had applied it. I guess maybe I misunderstood what she was saying as I thought I would get my money. I have talked to 3 different people at this location and all I am being told is unfortunately there is nothing they can do. The last conversation I had was with Eric and I was told the managers must have been behind and didn't get the promo code entered in time and that there was nothing they could do. I am sorry but I do not accept that. This was Biolifes mistake and it needs to be fixed!!! If I did this at my job, you bet I would be in trouble. No one wants to take responsibility and I want my money! I will wait for a reply.

Thank You!
                              Erin Mulch

Sent from my iPhone

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 06, 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience Eric-we also received your email and have forwarded along to the team to investigate. We do apologize and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value you and your commitment to plasma donation, and we hope to see you at BioLife again soon.

Biolife Plasma ServicesReturning Patient-Bad Experience

On the evening of September 28th 2021 I came in to donate plasma. I have been to Biolife many times and have never had an issue. I took a lot of time to decide if I wanted to write this complaint.
                                Here is what happened:
                                The phlebotomist (dark skin lady, wearing a hijab) (my guess is that she was new, I had never seen her before) full forced stabbed me with the needle which completely missed my vein. I watched her do this and was surprised by what just happened as it seemed very intentional. She did not say a word, and no apology just dirty looks and just walked away to let someone "fix it" in which they fished for my vein. A couple seconds later my arm started to swell up like a balloon. They removed the needle and put on a Band-Aid. I was told I could continue or go home. I decided to go home as I was in pain and uncomfortable. As I am walking to leave, She forgot to deliver back my saline. The main nurse came over to hook me back up but I did not feel comfortable and wanted to drink Gatorade instead. As I was informing the main nurse/ doctor that I felt uncomfortable, she started raising her voice at me. "That is why I am here, I am a trained professional!" Remind you I was compliant and calm. It has been a week since this happened and it still bothers me, and I have been in a lot of pain. I know that accidents happen. However as I mentioned, it seemed very intentional /targeted / racist. and I am very disappointed that I was treated this way. As a returning customer/client I should never feel uncomfortable like I did. I hope they do not treat any one else this way, and I hope that they can better monitor and train their employees.

Returning Patient-Bad Experience

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 05, 2021

Thank you for your feedback; we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please reach out to us by email at [email protected] and include your name and donation center so that we can look into this matter. We value your commitment to plasma donation and hope to see you at BioLife again.

Biolife Plasma ServicesService and Organization

The center in deptford is not organized. The nurses call and leave voicemail but when you call to get clarification, no on returns your call. You have to wait until you come to donate to find out that you will be turned away. I personally do not donate for the money but some people do because they need it. I feel like this center does not care about its donors because they feel like they are doing it for the money and that they do not matter. I have personally spoken to donors who have taken several busses to get there and then told that they could not donate when they could have been saved a trip had the staff told them everything over the phone. Unfortunately. Those people do not take the time to complain but I will. This center needs to be more mindful and more understanding towards its donors and not treat them like poor people that need money.

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 05, 2021

Biolife Bolingbrook IllinoisService and payment

I donated and it was a 100 donation with the platinum level. I was only paid 20 and was told because my last donation was compromised by my shirt I put over me to keep warm. Have done for 6 months nobody said it was wrong but then the tech manager was rude said I was done for the day and got really mad and treated me like I was a child. Went back today to donate and only got paid 20 and it should have been a 100.00 so I called the facility to make aware and they said that I would still have to give one more time at 20.00 so there's 20 dollars visits is not right or ok. Facility messed up and I have to pay for it that is not right or good customer relations.

Respond

Biolife Plasma ServicesCustomer service & wait time!

I have been waiting for 70 mins and just sat down in a chair. My machine hasn't been set up and others are waiting for an arm poke in front of me. 2 people walked out while I was waiting due to the ridiculous lengthy wait times. A gentleman with a buzzed haircut was doing my check in process. He most definitely does not have a high enough cognitive level or speed to be working up front. The last several weeks here have been horrible terrible service. What happened to all your previous employees that were fast and efficient? I won't be returning here if I have to spend 3 hours of my time for one donation. Get it together!

• BioLife Plasma Services's response · Oct 04, 2021

We are sorry to hear about your visit at BioLife. We appreciate your patience and support for our employees during this time as we work to hire and train additional staff. We are committed to ensure you have a positive experience with BioLife and would like to hear more so we can share your feedback with the BioLife team. Please email us at [email protected] and include your name, center, and a brief description of your concern. Thank you for your continued plasma donations.

Biolife Plasma ServicesDisqualification due to Diet Powerade

I was Disqualified due to an allergy. My allergy is very rare, however it has an easy solution.
                                        I am a 1st time donator and during processing, I disclosed my allergy to artificial sugar. I was Disqualified because my local clinic only has Diet Powerade to use in case of "reaction" to the actual donation process. Struggling to understand why a National company can't simply include regular powerade in their clinic or allow employees to order, if needed, on the corporate card.
                                        I tested well in all categories and could most definitely donate, but to be disqualified because of a Diet drink(I may never need) and solely
                                        on the basis of an "IF", sounds absurd.