Airtel Call Homewrong 1-8877 number

A

I can't make call using the number provided. It is having busy signal. I am keep trying. It is waste of time to sign up with these kind of bad customer service.

• Vi
    Vinod Kushwaha Dec 16, 2006

I have also been cheated by Airtel / Bharti. They have deducted money from my credit card without even sending me my account details.

These people suck, they cannot be contacted by web, email or phone.

• Ud
    Udit Sud Dec 16, 2006

The same happened with me. And they claim to give double minutes during signup so that one signs up with the maximum amount.

• Ne
    neha Dec 17, 2006

I can never expect a company like airtel to give such a poor service. I am so disappointed in them. Nothing is working. No customer service. Till date i am not able to make even a single call. I am really serious.

• Ri
    Ritupparna Roy Dec 17, 2006

I have also registered for this call home offer of airtel. But didn't receive any confirmation mail with a/c number and PIN. I choose $100 option for this. So it is really shocking for me that a company like Airtel is cheating people like this. And how they are doing this in a country like US? Is there any step we can take against them? The customer care number is also I believe a fake number coz it is either engaged all the time or if you by chance get the line, they will keep u on hold for hours.So no use of the same. No response of mail also.So this is quite possible that they are harassing common people like anything.I think we need to take an action for this.

• Ga
    Garg New Jersey Dec 17, 2006

Horrible Service ! Shame on Airtel ! No customer service, no connectivity, waste of time & money !

Never recommend anybody.

• Mu
    Muthukumar Dec 17, 2006

I agree to this, the customer service number never worked its is fake number, didnt expect such a worse service from Bharti group. Shame on them!

• Ke
    Keyur Itchhaporia Dec 17, 2006

Airtel SUCKS

I tried registering on 12/14 but their website didn't let me register. But my credit card was still charged despite of failed registration.

I registered today and the website said it was successful but I dont know my username and password so I can't do anything.

From last 3 and half hours I am trying their customer service number but I cant reach them.

These people are jerks and they are cheaters.

Its waste of time and hard earned money.

Please DO NOT trust Airtel

• Su
    Sucked Customer Dec 17, 2006

Do not waste your time and time. It is a joke.
    Nothing works, except charging your credit card.

Do not waste your time and money

Ram-C Dec 17, 2006

Airtel service really suck.
    I cannot really believe they are so bad.

• Bh
    Bharat Bhushan Dec 17, 2006

I talked to customer service that my account shows half the money I bought the service of. She told me that in 4 hours it will show the correct amount. It is seven day and now I cannot use the 877 number to dial outside as it is always dead. Also the customer care number is dead and no one talks. Such a unprofessional service. At least return our money.

macy Dec 17, 2006

AirtelCallHome service really sucks! Calling service from USA to India by Airtel (Bharati Inc.) is really frustrating. First of all, very poor website for a/c registration,recharge,etc...although web 2.0, it takes minutes to process even a single click and most of time, it says failure of action..please try again..While making calls with toll free no., it comes busy for most of the time and once i connect with it and dial no. to India, it hangs up abruptly soon after ringing..These guys really need subtle improvement before they roll in US market..overall poor service compare to Reliance India Call..no matter later is little expensive(12 cents compare to ~ 8-9 cent a minute for India)...I won't recommend airtell call home service (www.airtelcallhome.com)...also, customer service no. is not working at all...seems like it doesn't exist at all!?!?

• Ar
    Arun Nimmala Dec 17, 2006

One big Word before I begin any thing on them:

"AIRTEL SUCKS"

I tried to register 5 times and every time at the last step the site said it failed to register and took me to the registration page and 6 time I got succeeded and was able to register. Now after 4 days of this happening I got emails where I was been registered 5 more times and my credit card is charged all the 5 times.

You cannot contact customer service either through email or phone. They are cheating big with all the consumers. I really hope and wish we can do some thing about this.

• Sr
    srk Dec 17, 2006

I am also facing the same problem, I bought 50$. When I tried to make a call to India I am always getting engaged line. I called my credit card company and dispute the payment.

Pingo Fan Dec 17, 2006

Thanks guys. I use Pingo which gives 9 c per minute. Service is not as good as reliance but I will give them 9/10 marks if Reliance is 10/10. I was thinking to switch to Airtel but now I will not. In India I used Airtel cellular service and they always charged me some fake amount. This company sucks as is their brand ambassador.

Ram Dec 18, 2006

I am in the same boat like all of you. They charged my credit card but did not receive any email with account details. I tried email and Phone to contact customer service but no response from them. I am going to talk to my credit card company and dispute the charge and then complain this Better business bureau(BBB). I encourage all of you to do this.

Pinak Dec 18, 2006

This is just ridiculous and disgusting.

My card got debited 3 times because I tried 3 times and got 'Invalid Card" error. I am disputing the transaction with my bank.

Is there a dept of state 's consumer protection kind of site or link where we can complain about this ???

Santhosh Dec 18, 2006

Deny or challenge payments from your Credit Card company.
    Then, Airtel wont be able to charge others on same card at least.

• Vi
    Vijay Challa Dec 18, 2006

One more sufferer...Airtel charged my card without giving me a minute to talk. All this after I patiently put my with their crappy website. I am flabbergasted that they are still in business! I will not recommend Airtel to anybody. I will pay more, get less, but never again with Airtel. Calling cards are better ... you at least get a chance to speak to somebody...this is ridiculous..don't get in here for the money!

• De
    Desikan Ramaswamy Dec 18, 2006

This is the WORST ever website I have encountered...and what a scam!!! Based on my experience it makes me wonder is they are ready to do any kind of business at all!!!
    The website is the MOST HORRIBLE WEBSITE I have ever visited. I tried signing up a couple of days back and I filled in all the information, and used the same email id to sign up. I used a Mastercard credit card and requested to charge $25. The message I received on the browser was that the transaction was unsuccessful and that my registration could not be completed. I tried doing this a total of 4 times. I am seeing now that my credit card has been charged 4 transactions of $25 each, that is a total of $100.

If I do not hear from you within the next couple of days, I will be contacting the credit card company to dispute these charges, and will also communicate to the FTC and the state attorney general's office here in Illinois.

The customer support line is constantly busy and I am not able to get through in any other fashion. I tried to use their feedback portion of their website on the "Contact Us" page and typed in this message, and it tells me that the fields are mandatory when clearly I have typed in all the requisite information!!! Even school kids write better programs/websites these days.

• Su
    Sudheer Gade Dec 21, 2006

Guys Reliance India too has slashed the rates.....check it out....this will be a very good lesson to Bharti....

• Ms
    msuhtaq mir Dec 21, 2006

I really have a bad time with Airtel They have deducted money from my credit card without even sending me my account details.

The website has got lots of issues...

I waited for half hour to get through to customer service but of no use seems like endless wait !!!!!

This is really stupid !!!!!

• Mm
    mms Dec 21, 2006

Subscribing to airtel is like inviting trouble. They will happily charge your credit card but WILL REFUSE to TOP UP your account balance. The worst site so far. How did they go live? They will be a big loser with so many complaints piling up against them.

• Al
    Alpesh Dec 21, 2006

It is waste of money and time ... the no is not working any time... very poor service....

Another sufferer Dec 21, 2006

I'm in the same boat as you people are. My credit card got charged 3 times as I tried 3 times 'cos of the unsuccessful transaction error.

Reply to Desikan Ramaswamy - I got the same error "fields are mandatory " when we try to log a complaint in their website. The reason is the dumb text box does not accept any special characters.. I reallyyyyyy mean it .. even a dot, $ etc. I had to write dollars as $ sign didn't work.. I gave a space at the end of each statement. it is really weird.......

• Sr
    Sriram Dec 21, 2006

This is most horrible experience I ever had with a telephone company. No response from Cust svc. no. Call gets disconnected in between... they promised double promotion and i haven't received....please do not sign up to this service.....horrible experience....looking to file a complaint....please let me know how to proceed....FTC should punish them in a such way that no other company can think of doing a worst business like these people.....

• Se
    Seshadri Dec 27, 2006

Airtel is the worst service provider. They promptly deducted my money and their Customer support number is not working.

Is there any agency with which I can lodge complaint about Airtel India?

RAVI P Dec 28, 2006

Please be proactive ...after all its our hard earned money and we are the consumers.....start below..most of the details are available on the AIRTELCALLHOME website..

Thank you for recent correspondence. The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to stop business practices that violate the laws it enforces. Letters from consumers and businesses are very important to the work of the Commission. They are often the first indication of a problem in the marketplace and may provide the initial evidence to begin an investigation. The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. The Commission can, however, act when it sees a pattern of possible violations developing.

The information you have provided will be recorded in our complaint retention system. This computerized system enables us to identify questionable business practices that are generating numerous complaints and may be in violation of the law.

Thank you for providing information that may be used to develop or support Commission enforcement initiatives.

Jas Singh Jan 02, 2007

AIRTEL REALLY SUCKS. I Can not make any phone call after depositing money and their customer service number is always busy.

E-mail complaint does not go through either.

This is as bad as it can be.

• Mp
    M P Jan 04, 2007

I had similar problems. I guess there SMTP server had (have) issues. I was able to talk to Customer Support after trying hard! One thing worth to note though Only because AirTel the rates are 7.9 Otherwise I would continue paying Reliance 12.9

Let the competition live rather than trying to root out a competitor.

• Kr
    Krishna Jan 05, 2007

Airtel is most horrible telephone service I ever seen. There service is frustrating. They charge me 50 dollars and gave me 5 dollar credit. See the e-mail I received: "This is to inform you that your account has been manually recharged by "50 USD " and the current balance in your account is "5.10 USD".

jagan Jan 07, 2007

Yes, this is really true. One of the worst services offered by Airtel. The calling card 1-877 number never works, the same as their 24hr customer service number.

Chinna Jan 13, 2007

I had all the problems as explained by other in this list, right from the registration to getting the access numbers. Most pathetic web site. Horrible customer service (well, the customer svc toll free # never works). Their contact us page keeps throwing errors... try it and you will see all kinds of weird errors. I was never able to submit a complaint through their contact us page. Ans no one replies to your email. Need to say more?

Chinna Jan 13, 2007

Guys, I just saw one more error... some calls are being charged twice. Check your account history.

I don't think they can get any worse than this.

• Ve
    Venkat Jan 17, 2007

Junk Site, junk customer service... 100% ### service... if you like all of them buy airtel

piyush Varma Oct 25, 2007

Today on October 25, 2007 I cold not call their toll-free number or customer support 877 number since morning till 5:10 PM. Very sad.