Menu
ABSA Bank
reviews & complaints

ABSA Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1069 complaints
54 resolved 1015 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ABSA Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:10 am

ABSA Bank - my complaint about the repair of our geyser claim no 4065180 of 8 July 2201

On Thursday, 8 July 2021, I called the no. 0861722272 to advise of no cold water from our house geyser. A plumber was sent and he found that their was no problem and we had hot water. The next day 9 July there again was no hot water and it was established the it was a electrical fault. An electrician from JJSI came and he advised that it was indeed an electrical fault and they had to get approval from ABSA. During the day on Friday, the 9th, it was a situation that I was sent from pillar to post . the matter is not resolved as Johan from JJSI advised that he needs written authority from ABSA to solve the temporary solution he has kindly made on late Friday afternoon.
Today 13th July it seems that Johan from JJSI has not received WRIITEN AUTHIRITY from ABSA and the correct repair has not been made. Kindly initiate the necessary authority urgently.
Regards
Ulrich Ruch
338 Sadie Street
Lynnwood Park Pretoria
Cell No 0843179695

Desired outcome: Urgent repair

7:09 am

ABSA Bank - Servuce

I have a business account with Absa since November 2020. There was a relationship banker assigned to the account. I have endlessly tried to get assistance from her to no avail. This is very frustrating as we have serious challenges with the account - we want a different account that is more suitable for who the business has expanded, less expensive bank charges, open a savings account. We are definitely moving our business elsewhere as Absa is struggling with assisting us with what are basic activities at a bank..

Desired outcome: To be assisted with my requests

9:31 am

ABSA Bank - Business savings account still not active after a month

Hi my name is Thamie Maseko
My contact number is 067 405 9966
On the 7th of June 2021 i opened a business account at Mall of Africa Branch, account number 9365346461, two weeks back i only received my card but it was not active & its still not active to this point due to hold up from the business department, Please resolve this issue my business partners cannot wait for any longer, thank you.

V
9:51 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern. i would like to complain about absa Silverton branch. i have never experienced such terrible service since I started banking. the manager by the name of gordan did not even offer me a seat he is so rude he intimidated me telling me that we should rather go outside and go to resolve the issue. he swore at me telling me I am just a...

2:45 am

ABSA Bank - Journal debit

On 25th june I had a journal debit loaded and deducted from my absa account.

I called absa they said its because of a personal loan I took out in 2016 and the journal cannot be reversed

I asked why absa would assume I have 3000 lying in my account to spare. We have budgets unemployed family members, absa should have agreed on payments with me... This feels like theft.

I want my r3000 back absa

Desired outcome: Reversal

J
9:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In 2017 my vehicle was repossessed and I tried numerous times to negotiate with you as to how I can pay for the account. I wrote an email to Thoko Khumalo at the time because she is the one who was dealing with the account asking if I can pay the settlement of R165000 in 2months paying R25000 until I settle the amount but the response I got was I can only...

E
7:12 am

ABSA Bank - Trust fund

I'm waiting for 20days now for trust payout, said that my ID number is incorrect but for more than 13yrs my ID no is ok with them up to payout now there's a problem but I think they made a mistake since day 1. I'm waiting 20 days now after how many times I heard that it's the ID number and she (theophylline moon) will check the problem and not letting me know the same day. On the 8 of June I send my certified copy of ID and she said that my ID number is not right according to the system, so yes up to today my ID number is invalid according to the system. Now she sent me the balance according to the statement and now I still did not receive the amount according to even what the system said. Please can you assist me because it's almost a month now that I'm battling. I even spoke to the manager Marietjie Prinsloo and the one who is in her place while she's nit there Bridgette.

P
9:22 am

ABSA Bank - Service

I applied for my pension fund in may and i did a follow up on this number 0860100380 given by absa HR consultant but i only spoke with the machine since last week and left several massages with my number but no one called. Im very angry and unhappy with the service. I hope i can be assisted or maybe called for feedback. I never thought Sanlum consultant can be this slow or maybe its the way sanlam operates.

Desired outcome: Solution

D
4:54 pm

ABSA Bank - Trust fund

I have a Trust Fund with you and my complain is the administration personnel who is helping me, I send E-mail to her requesting money and she will take her own time to reply and THEY KEEP ON CHANGING my admin personnel's. When the Trust Fund started I had a lady who was helping me and she told me that the money will be invested and with all my requisitions they will deduct from the interest excluding the house and the car. Now this current admin officer, she telling me that the money will be finished if I keep on asking things .So I NEED A CLARITY and to tell me how does your Trust Funds work. Her name its Lindiwe Mahlangu and she works in Pretoria, I think that's your Head Office... my number is 0767349222 alternatively 0824993058

A
3:24 pm

ABSA Bank - Stockbroking

I have a stockbroker account with ABSA who has recently changed their online trading system. My portfolio is made up of a Tax Free account, World Trader and a local Smart account. Since the new system went live my Smart account does not appear in my portfolio, the value of which is +- R2 million. I have sent multiple emails with no response. It is impossible to contact this division of ABSA by phone on the contact number supplied, it just rings and is not answered. In addition an amount of +-R34 000 was transferred to my Tax Free account on 26th May from Old Mutual, to date this has not been credited to my account despite having received an assurance that it would be done by this past Monday at the latest.
It is most concerning that a large bank can operate like this and also launch a system that is clearly flawed.
My full name is Anthea Webber and ID 6008280035087

Desired outcome: My portfolio to be rectified and funds credited.

1 comment
M
Jun 16, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi I don’t know if complaints here even make a difference but I completely agree I’m also an ABSA STOCKBROKERS client and since they changed their platform from what was previously a very good self managed site to a completely dysfunctional one now. Rather than rolling back to the old platform (which is now their only logical recourse and the correct damage control response ) which was streets ahead in its functionality compared to the new platform which looks like it was designed by a teenager and has very few of the functionality that the previous one did they are just hiding their heads in the sand and ignoring the obviously hundreds of upset clients and the emails we are sending them . The only recourse is to roll back to old platform which was actually functional and good but they are doing absolutely nothing to control this damage they have caused here . Logic needs to prevail here and damage reversed as quickly as possibly.

R
8:04 am

ABSA Bank - Loss of property title deed

I purchased and developed erf 1955 Pietersburg in 1988, for which a portion was financed by a mortgage loan from ABSA Bank.

In May 2014 ABSA issued a letter that the title deed had been placed in safe keeping - the bond was paid off in 1996.

I have now sold the property, and ABSA are not able to provide the Title Deed to the transfer attorneys - and require myself to issue a sworn statement that the document has been lost. ABSA should issue this affidavit as it is their office which has mislaid the document.

Desired outcome: Search more dilligently or make the necessary declaration to have a duplicate title deed isuued.

S
8:58 am

ABSA Bank - Fica

My bank account is block due to outstanding fica documents I have been waiting the whole entire morning very incompetent people that cant assist I took all my documents I'd marriage certificate plus temp ID still no help I can't access my funds a kalay at the Phoenix branch tried to help and advised me by the next 2 hours it will be sorted however I am still sitting with the same issue I never had a problem with capetic I banked foe 5 years this is the worst bank I have dealth with pathetic service

Desired outcome: I want to use my account and withdraw my funds

K
7:40 pm

ABSA Bank - unprofessional behaviour

Hello Sir/Madam

My name is kofi Bobie I have a issue with a branch in Ghana Kumasi Tafo. This issue is with the bank manager, i been a customer with this branch for so long and you need to know you could check my records. I have had many incidents with the manager and I have been so patient but now i can not deal with it anymore so i am putting in this complaint. On April 20, 2021, i bought Treasury Bill and bonds for 10, 000 GHS. The bank manager informed me that the purchase had to be done on line by the bank and informed to back to the branch in 3 days time. Before leaving the bank i was asked to sign some documents. After 3 days i went back to the branch and i was told to come back in 2 days time again. after going back and forth for 2 weeks finally the bank manager informed that he forgot to purchase my bonds. Which was very upsetting and frustrated to me because i put in so much time into it but the manager was just lying to me instead of been truthful.

After questioning the manager about his behavior and not been truthful, he was very rude to me and told me if i don't like it i just should withdraw my money. I don't think i should be treated this way since i have been a loyal customer to this bank for many years.

I think, you should talk to your bank manager on how he should behave and treat the customer.

Desired outcome: Good customer Service

N
11:07 am

ABSA Bank - Cash send deposits made

I have reference numbers: C-09926146 for 1000.00 & C-09925955 for 300.00, these are for cash send deposits that I made on the 31 March 2021 for my family to buy a coffin for my then youngest sister's 3 weeks old baby that sadly passed. My family struggled with getting the money from the machines in Ngqeleni Eastern Cape because machines could dispense the money. Because the matter was a serious one, I ended up asking a friend to use her Standard bank account to help send money, which she did. When I later tried to reverse the money, it was not available, it gave me "redeemed" messages. I went the Pretorius street branch, Pretoria the next day, they tried to assist me, hence those 2 references. The money was not received and the bank system shows money as redeemed, but the money was never received as it did not come out of the machine. Please help. My email address: [email protected] za

Desired outcome: refund

5:29 am

ABSA Bank - absa loans

I have banked with absa over 10 years. I have encountered financial issues to I have went under debt review where payments were managed by the debt counselors. All creditors of mine were absolutely fine except absa! I cant believe what I have been banking with for years have given me such utter crap. They terminated debt review without cause and have been threatening me ever since. We made a payment arrangement based on affordability with our debt counselors. Evey other institute gave me no problems, only absa has treated me like utter crap. I want to know why you terminated from my debt review counselors? I havent avoided payment at all and have been trying to still keep making them yet absa treats me like this. I truly regret ever banking with such ever in life. Never again! When I am out of the review process, I will never bank with absa and I will advise others of this experience. No one should be treated like this!

B
9:37 am

ABSA Bank - Totally disappointed in Plumbing Contractor ABSA Idirect appointed

I phoned ABSA IDirect for a Geyser Replacement Claim. The service I received from ABSA IDirect was excellent as they arranged for a Plumber to replace the geyser the same day. But I cannot say the same for the Plumbers that did the work. I had to call them back because the Control Panel connecting to the Solar Panel was totally dead after they left and they had to return the following day to to fix it. Then we noticed that the water pipes were making a loud noise and they had to return again; only to notice that they fitted the pipes the wrong way around. They connected the outlet to the inlet and the inlet to the outlet and they spent the whole afternoon to re-do the pipe work. After what happened I did not trust them and paid a plumber to inspect that there were no leaks. The plumber said that ABSA's plumbers disconnected the Thermostat for the the Solar Panel and never re-connected it and he then reconnected it for me. He also noticed that they removed the ball valve. I contacted the plumbers telling them that I am disappointed in their work and asked them why they removed the ball valve and what did they do with it. They said that they removed it and took it with them as the warranty of the geyser will become void if the ball valve is fitted. I then told them that they cannot just take what does not belong to them and that they must bring the ball valve back. I then contacted Kwikot to ask them about the warranty if the ball valve is fitted and they said that the warranty only gets void if the ball valve is fitted in the wrong place. I told this to the plumber and they still argued with me and still did not fit the ball valve or brought it back to me.
After a week we noticed that the Electricity usage is much higher than usual and I assume that they did not reconnect the solar heating pump which means the solar panel system does not work and we also noticed that we only get a few liters of hot water before it gets cold.
I phoned ABSA IDirect early today requesting that they send another Plumber to inspect and repair the faults as I do not trust the current plumbers. They said that they have to send the same plumbers to my place and that the plumbers will contact me today still, but nobody contacted me yet. This plumber caused me to spend unnecessary money as I had to pay for an additional plumber to inspect their work and I will also receive a huge bill for water usage due to their work not done probably the first time as the geyser lost lots and lots of water while they were busy changing the pipe work. The electricity usage is also much higher than usual due to the the fact that the solar system does not work the way it is supposed to work. It also does not seem as if these plumbers knows how the solar system is working or they just do not care. I would really appreciate it if you can arrange to send out professional plumbers to inspect the geyser system and also to do the necessary repairs.

Desired outcome: I would really appreciate it if you can arrange to send out professional plumbers to inspect the geyser system and also to do the necessary repairs.

B
7:39 pm

ABSA Bank - Service delivery

I fall behind with two payments due to my partner loosing her job.i try in March 2021 to make an arrangement with absa bank to pay off my sort fall they informed me that my account it's with there legal department which they putte me through.the legal department inform me that my account its been hand over a Mr Renier which I contact.i later found out that he is a private company who is contracted by the bank to treated you to make a full payment or he will take the car.absa bank refused to negotiate with me a down payment on my sort fall which I started to pay by myself without an amount agreed on.My sort fall amount was R12 000 for February 2021 it's now on R8000 March 2021 up till now there private contractor try to bully me.The car belonged to absa bank and i need them to speak to me about arrangements.

Desired outcome: We have to agree on a pay off amount on my sort fall and stop using a third party to bully me

M
5:20 am

ABSA Bank - Absa Jubilee Mall

I am disappointed, annoyed and angry at the Absa Jubilee Mall staff. They come to work, but don't do any work.

Me and many others were left outside for hours only to be told hours later that they will be closing and 10 minutes and can't help us.

This happened today, 27 March 2021. Absa should either hire more people or get rid of the useless staff members at this branch. Gontse Nkotle is the branch manager, she is not helpful at all. In fact she is useless. All they do is gossip in there instead of working.😏

Desired outcome: Hire more staff of replace the current staff

5:45 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day, My ID is 8009100022089 and this query is regarding a joint bond account with my ex-husband. I am sick and tired of this shit and this has to be resolved. I have been phoned by MDB attorneys for the last 6 weeks for debt of R11 000 for a property that was sold and registered 6 and a half years ago!!! Furthermore, I have been phoning and asking...

J
3:00 am

ABSA Bank - Additional bank charges & no response to why it has been charged

See below autoreply from ABSA on the 04.03.2021 & no response as of yet

Dear jane

Thank you for your request.

Your request has been forwarded to a consultant who will provide feedback as soon as possible.

The reference number for this request is C-09517992.

Did you know that you can download your statement on Absa Online Banking!

Get your statement instantly on Absa Online Banking (Express) by following these easy steps:

Desired outcome: a response from ABSA at least

ABSA Bank contacts