Bankers Warranty Group Logo

Bankers Warranty Group

Having problems with Bankers Warranty Group?

Bankers Warranty Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 20, 2010. The latest review warranty on iphone x was posted on May 19, 2018. The latest complaint Terrible Customer Service was resolved on Feb 08, 2012. Bankers Warranty Group has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 16 reviews. Bankers Warranty Group has resolved 10 complaints.

Bankers Warranty Group Customer Service Contacts

1800 431 5843 (Customer Service)
11101 Roosevelt Blvd N
Saint Petersburg, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bankers Warranty Group Customer Service. Initial Bankers Warranty Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bankers Warranty Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bankers Warranty Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Bankers Warranty Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bankers Warranty Group Complaints & Reviews

Bankers Warranty Group — warranty on iphone x

On Monday, May 14th, 2018, I reported an insurance claim on my iPhone X at the Verizon store on base at...

Bankers Warranty Group/Wireless Protection PlanNo replacement mobile phone

MILITARY PERSONNEL BE AWARE! I purchased a mobile phone at the Ft Rucker Post Exchange. The clerk offered a Wireless Protection Plan for my mobile phone at $199.00 which I purchased. After a month, my phone was damaged and I reported this to the Bankers Warranty Group. There brochure and customer service rep states a replacement provided within 48 hrs. It has been 8 days and no phone has been furnished. Also, the customer rep stated that I had to pay a $125.00 deductible charge which was not mentioned by the sales clerk. The customer service rep also stated I would get a phone but not the new Razr phone. I have contacted to Post Exchange Headquarters requesting they stop doing business with this company. I am also going to contact a lawyer!

Bankers Warranty Group — Terrible Customer Service

My name is D'Angalo and I bought a cell phone from verizon wireless. Instead of buying the insurance...

Mountain Home

Bankers Warranty GroupWarranty Service

Our company bought a computer for $599.96 and paid $149.98 for a 2 year extended warranty through Bankers Warranty Group (BWG). The power supply and the mother board failed within the warranty period. I sent the PC in for repair on 6/24/11. After weeks of calling and checking on status of the repairs, finally on 9/15/11 BWG called me and said they could not find a replacement mother board and were going to do a buy out and send me a check for $476.44.
    It took BWG 2 months and 3 weeks to figure out they wanted to do a buy out???
    And how do they figure the buy out dollar amount to send me? My total PC & warranty costs total $754.93 and they do a buy out for $476.44? That is a $278.49 loss for a PC under warranty?
    I will be avoiding warranties covered by BWG from now on.

• Dm
        dmorr52 Sep 16, 2011

Hello - my name is Dawn Morris and I am the Operations Manager at Bankers Warranty Group. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please email me at [email protected] - I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Dawn

Bankers Warranty Group — Service Center is Terrible

Purchased an extended warranty from Famous Tate and Bankers Warranty Group was the servicing agent. After 4...

Bankers Warranty GroupDO NOT FIX ,NOR ACKNOLEDGE CUSTOMERS NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS

WE'VE BOUGHT A GE REFRIGERATOR FROM Famous tate back in august 2008 in Palm Harbor, fl which we have no complaits with.as for the extended warranty that we purchased by Bankers Warranty Group is the biggest waste of time AND money that we spent.Bankers Warranty Group is who we will never recommend to anyone EVER nor purchase ever again.We've called numerous times to have our GE JUNK bottom freezer refrigerator MD# pdsf5nbxaww repaired in which they would send out the biggest most sarcastic ### (GE service tech that pretty much refuse to fix there junk GE product) that we ever had come to our house.they replaced the ice maker twice, main board, and adjusted some gasket or adjusted something so they said.We will never buy OR recommend >Bankers Warranty Group & GE service techs to ANYBODY or ANYONE EVER. They are both the biggest ripoff companies ever created

• Da
          dakota67 Jul 31, 2011

what opions are you willing to offer, because we are serioslly wanting to get rid of this refrigerator, we've had with it & gonna get rid one way or another.never again will buy another ge product, or nor recommend ge products, , , total junk!!!...

• Da
          Dawn Morris Jul 29, 2011

dakota67 -
          My name is Dawn Morris and I am the Manager of Operations at Bankers Warranty Group. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent service experience and work with you to bring about a satisfactory resolution. Please contact me at [email protected] I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

Bankers Warrantycompany is a sham!!!!!!!

We bought barcode scanners with Bankers Warranty extended warranty agreement. Called to report one of them is not working. Got the royal runaround for days by phone, email. They did everything possible to wear me down and not stand by their agreement. Finally I gave up. Luckily the cost of the warranty was minuscule and we were changing to different scanner because of unrelated reasons, so I feel lucky compared to the hundreds of people that are really SOL. One last thing that is important. Bankers Warranty offers their fake warranties under a few different company names, so be careful. One of their names is "Square Trade Warranties" . I bought a Nikon D60 camera from Ebay and took the extended warranty through "Square Trade". If I would have know it was a Banker's Warranty company, I would have never bought it. BE CAREFUL!!! Hopefully Nikon's quality is such that I won't have to find out.

Bankers Warranty Group / Lg Refrigerator — 7 days to approve a repair to be done!!!

I purchased an extended warranty issued by Banker's Warranty Group on an LG refrigerator. It has been 7...

Bankers Warranty Groupthey do not cover anything

I bought a new maytag stove in 2008 and got the extended 5+5 warranty. I turned a burner on and places a pot on the burner and the glass top cracked. I took the pot off and leaned a little on the top and it caved in. I called the place where i had bought the stove and they told me to call the warranty company whom they no longer use because they flat out said they have had nothing but problems with getting ANYTHING through them fixed. The tech who looked at my stove called Bankers Warranty Group and told them the burned shorted out and caused the original crack. I was told by Bankers Warranty Group tough if you had not have touched it, it would be covered. I told them I heard the tech tell you the damage was done by a bad burner and they again told me too bad its not covered. I then said well it was going to have to be replaced whether i touched it or not and the tech told you it was a BAD BURNER that cause the top to crack. I was told we don't believe that you had something drop on it. So i am done with maytag, Bankers Warranty Group, and the place i bought it from. I will just go to a big box store and get a cheap one that will last 5 years and replace it every 5 years if needed and no more expensive garbage from appliance stores and no more "Extended Warrants"

• --..-- Mar 01, 2011

sounds like them, alright! Sorry to hear they are continuing their scams.

Bankers Warranty Extended TV WarrantyRefusing to honor extended warranty

Know what you are buying when you choose an extended warranty. Here is my recent experience with Bankers Warranty. I am posting the letter I sent to Dealers Assurance who are listed on the terms and conditions of the contract with Bankers Warranty as the 'go to' people at time of dispute with Banker's Warranty. Mr X has been substituted for the real name of the the gentleman who communicated with Bankers Warranty on my behalf. The 2 local repair companies have been changed also to ABC Repair and DEF Electronics. My name shows as (ME). Other than these changes, the following letter is complete and exactly as prepared to Mr. X.
            The second letter is from Mr. X containing the miserable response from Bankers Warranty.
            One more thing, Circuit City and many other retailers use Bankers Warranty for their extended warranty coverage. ASK who the warranty company is BEFORE you pay for the contract...PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THIS WARRANTY COST ME $499...

HERE IS MY LETTER...

Dear Mr. X,
            As per our conversation this morning, please find enclosed the letter I wrote to you yesterday outlining everything relating to this issue:

On October 5th 2007, I searched online to purchase an extended warranty service contract for my Sony TV which was still under manufacturer's warranty at the time till 12/5/2007. The TV was purchased new 12/5/2006 for $2599.99 from Circuit City. I found a website called AVDeals/Plasma.com and purchased a 5 year warranty from them for my specific TV type, size and original purchase price for $499.99. This was less expensive than extending the manufacturers warranty with Circuit City. AVDeals /Plasma .com sent me a receipt of purchase.
            A few days later, I received in the mail an envelope addressed from Banker's Warranty. Inside I found a contract headed Netbored.com and an almost identical contract headed VAC Service Corp. I figured that Banker's Warranty was in fact the warranty company and all these other companies were getting a small piece of the pie by brokering for them somehow. Either way it mattered not as I had my contract safe in case of breakdown in the future.
            A week later I received an email from AV Deals/Plasma.com confirming shipment and providing a customer service number for claims. I put all these papers together safely and had no reason to use them till 1/3/11.
            I recently noticed my TV picture had been deteriorating for some weeks and I felt it reasonable and necessary to make a claim on the warranty which doesn't expire till Dec 2011. On 1/3/11, I called the claims number and the gentleman I spoke with said he was from Banker's Warranty and took my information, put me on hold and returned to tell me to expect a technician from ABC Repairs Inc to come to my home to repair my TV between 8am and 12pm the next thursday - 1/6/11, and that I would be receiving a call from ABC Repairs to confirm. A short time later that same afternoon, I received a call from different company called DEF Electronics telling me they wanted to pick up my TV to take away and repair in their workshop. I explained that 1) I paid for on-site service and 2) I already had an appointment with ABC Repairs on thursday. She seemed quite upset and hung up. Later that same day, I received a call from ABC Repairs Inc. confirming the original appointment on 1/6/11.
            For the record, the next day I received a second call from DEF Electronics asking me if I had made up my mind to which I replied again that I already had an appointment with a different company. Again the lady seemed upset and hung up. I thought this was a little strange.
            On 1/6/11, as arranged, the technician from ABC Repairs came to my home and diagnosed a faulty panel which he said needed replacing. He told me he would get authorization and come back to make repair when the part was in. He mentioned that these parts are expensive so I might end up with a refurbished part depending on my policy. I mentioned to him the other company calling me and he said it happens a lot where referrals get made and warranty companies give out the information to more than one company so I figured that was what happened.
            By the next wednesday, 1/12, nearly a week later, I had not heard anything so I called the same Banker's Warranty number as before and asked for an update on the repair. I was told that they had NEVER called ABC Repair Inc, that no appointment was made with them and that they ONLY use DEF Electronics to service TV's. I obviously questioned this because as far as I know I am NOT crazy and didn't make it all up. In fact the man's voice sounded just like the man I had called the week before - he had a distinctive accent - but he insisted I was being untruthful, that I was NEVER told about an appointment and he told me I had to start the whole claims process over again from scratch and would have to pay ABC repair Inc for the call out of my own money. He also said his notes indicated that someone from Banker's had spoken to me regarding this already and I told that person I CHOSE to use ABC Repairs myself. This NEVER happened and of course would be ridiculous.
            After I hung up, I called ABC Repairs and spoke to the same technician who came to my house. He gave me the authorization #, work order # and billing code that he was given by Banker's. I then called Banker's back and gave him these same numbers. His attitude changed somewhat when he found these numbers to be authentic because it proved I could not possibly have made them up and had NOT been lying to him . He said he would refer the case to someone else who would call me.
            On 1/13, a lady called me from Banker's Warranty to advise me that someone from ABC Repairs would be out to my home to look at my TV to see what was wrong. I advised her that someone had ALREADY been out the week before and had already diagnosed the problem. I also pointed out that even though the first gentleman at Banker's had insisted that Banker's NEVER use ABC Repair, here they were again making appointments with the same company and I told her how rude the man was to me. She apologized and said she wasn't even told I had already had the technician in my home and to forget she called...strange again.
            I then received a call from a gentleman in the claims department at Banker's Warranty 1/20. He explained they had now decided NOT to repair my TV but would mail me a check for $328.64 instead. He also read from what he said was my contract indicating that this was a depreciating policy and read a whole set of terms and conditions that were NEVER disclosed to me. NONE of these conditions were stated on MY copy of the contract and I told him so. He said he would mail me a copy so I could see it for myself. I also inquired as to how this amount of $328.64 was calculated. He could not explain and said the computer works it out.
            Today in the mail, I received a check for $328.64 in an envelope with NO details on how it was calculated and NO letter. In a second envelope was a copy of my contract again with no letter and to my surprise it was EXACTLY the same as my contract with no mention of any of the terms and conditions he had read to me regarding why they had refused to repair my TV.
            I then spoke to an attorney in Raleigh, NC and faxed him all my paperwork for review advising him of this sequence of events. He agreed that nothing was ever disclosed to me to indicate that the warranty company could cancel the contract at their discretion whilst 'cashing me out' for whatever amount they felt fit. He suggested I contact you and to also contact the A.G's in all the states quoted on all the paperwork I was sent to formally complain regarding these practices.
            At $499.99, my warranty was in fact worthless because under these conditions, the warranty company could cancel the contract at any time and cash out whatever amount they felt as soon as an expensive repair occured. I purchased the warranty in the first place to cover any expensive repairs that may develop. After all, isn't that the whole point of purchasing a warranty?
            I am sending you copies of all the paperwork I have quoted here and would appreciate you initiating a claim against this company regarding this issue.
            Yours Respectfully,

(ME)

HERE IS THE RESPONSE...

I had sent a copy of your correspondence to the Contracts Manager at Bankers Warranty Group (BWG) and did receive a response. Here is his answer regarding the issue about having two repair services respond:

As for the service center issue that (ME) experienced, it appears that the service center that was originally dispatched through ServicePower failed to formally accept the dispatch (though they did so verbally when initially called by BWG’s agent). In order to avoid delays in service, if a dispatch is not claimed within a certain period of time, it automatically rolls over to the next service center on the list, which is what happened here. However, since the original service center had only confirmed their acceptance verbally (rather than formally through Service Power), there was no record of the first s/c being dispatched. BWG apologizes for the confusion and frustration that Ms.(ME) must have experienced because of that.

In regards to the quality of service provided, BWG records their calls and I received the following response:

I have not had an opportunity to have the calls pulled for quality assurance, but I will have our quality team review them and take any appropriate corrective actions necessary with the agents if they are determined to have acted unprofessionally.

In response to the issue of the value of the TV and the amount of coverage toward repair, I received the following:

As far as the ACV issue goes, there isn’t really much to add from my e-mail below. Even if the contract were interpreted as a per-claim LOL (which BWG disagrees with), the result would be the same since the only deduction (other than the cash settlement) is from the diagnostic fee for the same claim. Ms. (ME) television would be uneconomical to repair even if she were to pay for the repairs herself (given that the repair estimate exceeds the cost of new televisions today as TV prices have gone way down over the past couple of years). As such, she would no longer have the same covered television anyway (as the contract is not transferable to a new product). Ultimately, however, BWG maintains that the correct interpretation of the limit of liability is as applied to the contract as a whole.

I believe that I mentioned to you on the phone that I was currently discussing a very similar complaint from another contract holder with BWG and although I don’t personally interpret the contract language the same way they do, I can’t completely disagree with the wording either. I can understand how the limit of liability towards repairs is interpreted but I feel is should be written in a more concise manner. The contract states “The limit of liability for the dealer under this contract shall be the actual cash value of the product in operating condition at the time of the claim.” Because of the statement “under this contract”, they interpret that to mean the total liability for all repairs performed for the life of the contract. Practically all contracts I usually work with refer to the “total”, “maximum”, or “aggregate” liability for all repairs performed under the contract. I believe using these words makes the contract’s definition of the limit of liability under the contract more evident to the contract holders. While technically the contracts are defining the maximum liability for repairs under the contract, you get to the same point in a more concise manner. Because the contract states “There is no limit on the number of repairs that can be performed on the product covered by this contract.”, most consumers are going to see this as the ability to have the product repaired as many times as necessary regardless of the limit of liability but, because a limit of liability which is equal to the actual cash value of the unit does apply, it takes precedence over the number of repairs. Again, although I don’t completely agree with BWG’s interpretation of the contract language, I can’t disagree with their interpretation either.

Because we are simply their insurance company and our responsibility under our contractual agreement with them is to provide funding to pay for valid claims if they become financially unable to do so, we have no authority to override any claims decisions they make and we cannot force them to approve a claim beyond what they feel is appropriate. We do investigate complaints when a contract holder contact us and if it appears a claim has been improperly declined, we point out the Administrator’s error and they usually correct it. In this case, because they have not really made an “error” in their claim decision, there’s nothing we can do to change their decision.

WHAT A BUNCH OF BS...of course I understand that TV's have in fact gone down in price since I purchased mine. I do NOT expect full reimbursement for my TV. I DO however expect Bankers Warranty to pay for the repair OR exchange for similar. That's all...nothing more ...nothing less...

SO LIKE I SAY...BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU DECIDE TO USE IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY...ACTUALLY, GO ONE BETTER AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ONE AT ALL BECAUSE AS YOU CAN SEE THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE PAPER THEY ARE WRITTEN ON...ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH BANKER'S WARRANTY.

• Nu
                Nutmeger Jul 26, 2011

Wowee.Thank you so much for sharing, very important to know. Am so sorry for all you had to go through-just wrong on all fronts. Really hope your homestate AG is helpful, ususally they are.Hey if enough likewise screwed people comment maybe you could go for a class action!

Bankers Warranty GroupDon't Buy Extended Warranty - Especially from Bankers Warranty Group

I will never buy an extended warrany again. Especially from Bankers Warranty Group! (The only exception might be for my automobiles, but their by Dodge - Not Bankers.) My warranty #U120951 with VAC (now Bankers Warranty Group). I was told by someone from Bankers that I'd have to pay for a service call to determine weather my TV was covered by their warranty. I then paid Sartor TV (in Plano, TX) $135.00 and was told that my repair was covered. One of the boys from Saror TV told me to keep that receipt because Bankers will want it to give me re-imbursement. Dispite their earlier assurances, now Bankers is telling me that I do not get that fee reimbursed. What's more, they have sent me a check for $342.60 as a settlement. This does not include the fee paid to Sartor. The gentleman on the phone explained "depreciation" to me as though I were a ###. I feel that the depreciation should go back to April 8, 2010 - when my TV first broke down and not December 17, 2010 when they finally got around to resolving the matter. I can't believe that it took 8 months. When you speak to their Customer Service they like to tell you that they will call you back. They rarely do. The TV in question is suppose to be covered until June 2012.

• Th
                  TheWayItIs Nov 02, 2011

Check the trade magazine Dealerscope. Search the warranty links. You'll see a disturbing thread relating to Banker's Warranty and the angry retailers complaining of their lack of service. When it comes to consumer electronics, just say NO.

• Jb
                  jboogie Sep 13, 2011

compusa stopped selling warranties with BWG because they have lied to customers so much telling them that the warranty covers everything and that is not true by any stretch of the imagination. That is the real truth, people buy warranties under the assumption that it covers any and everything, then when the issue is not covered by the warranty company based on terms and conditions of the dealer, not the warranty company. The propblem is dealers that that sell the warranty directly make commision and bonuses for selling extended warranties. Why is it do you think that you don't actually have the warranty company soliciting your business???? The warranty won't sell itself and that is why you ahve so many people being swindled by the guy in the store with the kakki pants and tie trying to push you so hard to purchase the extended warrany, they are jsut like car salesmen. They do what they need to do to make a dollar. How do I know? Because I have worked for these types of store and I was not tought to lie I was just tought not to bring up things that would detour the customer from buying the extended warranty.

• Le
                  Let's be honest Mar 17, 2011

You all need to complain to your Vendor. BWG has deaf ears, don't call them. Complain to TigerDirect, Global, Systemax, CompUSA to stop using Bankers Warranty Group as their choice of underwriters for extended warranties.
                  They will make you wait for service, take several days to weeks for approval of repair estimates submitted for you the repair of your PC/Computer. They will continue to drag it out and have several different servicers attamept to repair your issue, then have you ship the unit in for repair. Causing you the customer furhter delays, and they penalize a servicer, waive the payments to the servicer, so they have enough money left to have YOU ship your unit in. Otherwise, you should be getting a replacement, not more time.
                  That's how they do it and make money whil you the customer suffer and the techs coming out to take care of you, never get paid.

Bankers Warranty/Comp USAWarranty is Scam

I purchased a Toshiba 47" LCD TV from Comp USA after a great sales pitch on the coverage of an extended warranty I decided to purchase one(big mistake). 6 months later when the it failed I called and reported the problem, after no word, I called back and was told it was under evaluation to deturmine if the complant was covered. Finally after two more days it was aproved for service, apprently they were able to diagnose the problem with out ever seeing it, after a week i called and they had me contact a service company who told me parts were on order and the tech would come out and install them when they arrived another week went by and they told me the warranty company was suppling the parts and they were waiting on them, the next week they were on backorder but now shipping the next day, same thing this week, over a month and Iam no better off than when I started. This warranty is not worth the paper it's written on!!! Bankers Warranty ans CompUSA big Scam, by the way I called Comp USA and they just sell the plan they have no responsibility!!!

• Bw
                    BWG Support Sep 01, 2010

I work for BWG and I can say without reservation that we do EVERYTHING we can to help customers within the boundaries of the terms and conditions of the warranty contract. The problem with 90% of the people I talk to is they have not read the T&C's..didn't get a copy? Why not?Do you often buy things and not get it? Ask for it, call us..we WILL get you a copy..and then READ IT!

• In
                    informedsource Aug 13, 2010

Extended warranties for consumer electronics or major appliances are a complete waste of money from ANY extended warranty company. The overwhelming majority of CE and major appliance products are reliable. If you do need repairs after the manufacturer warranty expires for most people the cost of the repair is LESS than the cost of a warranty contract. Extended warranties are a SCAM by retailers. They sell CE and major appliance products at very low (or no) profit, then make the real money on these worthless contracts. DON'T BUY THEM!

• Br
                    Bryan Myers Jul 30, 2010

Mr. Caines,

I am the Claims & Service Manager for Bankers Warranty Group. I would like to review your claim but was unable to locate it with the name on your post. If you could email me either your contract number or the name or number on the warranty I would be more than happy to review the situation to ensure it was handled appropriately.

Bryan Myers
                    Manager, Claims & Service
                    Bankers Warranty Group
                    727.579.6215 - Office
                    [email protected]

• Wo
                    Worryfree Jul 29, 2010

I have no complaints about my Comp USA purchase and Bankers Warranty Group warranty. Everyone I spoke to were very kind and helpful. Earlier on in the warranty I called Bankers and they transferred me to the Manufacturer who were not helpful. Are you sure you weren't talking to them?

Bankers Warranty Group — Does not honor warranty

BWG warranty company is running a scam...and I am not the only one they are doing this to. See the report at...

Bankers Warranty Groupthey will send repair person to fix air conditioning

Live in Texas 2 year new home Air conditioning not working for 2 weeks now. We have the appliance warranty group protection that we paid $800. for 4 years of protection 1 year ago. Claim was reported to them [protected].
                  after a week of calling them and supplying them with all info along with several air conditioning companies locally, they now say they don't have a service that will work for there contract price and they were now reveiwing the claim. MY CLAIM NUMBER STARTS WITH 666 I THINK THEY ARE THE DEVIL

• Bw
                      BWG Support Sep 01, 2010

Bankers Warranty Group — did not sevice laptop

Bought a Paviolon HP laptop with vista and purchuse a 3 year sevice plan. the laptop work well until 25...

Bankers Warranty Group (VAC) — They basically cover nothing

This company's primary goal is to do anything in order to deny your warranty claim. My 2-year-old...