Menu
ABSA Bank
reviews & complaints

ABSA Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1068 complaints
54 resolved 1014 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ABSA Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
1:21 am

ABSA Bank - Estate

Good day,

I hope you can assist me. I get no feed back regarding my late fathers estate with ABSA. He passed away Aug 2019. They keep on asking for documentation which we can't supply them because they have to request it.

My mother passed away last year and now her estate is on hold because ABSA is still not done with my late fathers.

Will you be able to assist us?

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have logged a complaint in November with actionline, the complaint number C-13502182. I had been paid out from the credit life an amount into my personal loan account. This account would be paid until end February 2022. I was advised to contact Absa to reinstate my debit order at the beginning of March. On the 26 November they have debitted my account...

ABSA Bank - ABSA iDirect

On the 24th of December my vehicles tie rod broke due to a pothole. My car was towed to my mother's house which was the closest at the time in Mpumalanga. I lodged the claim in the 28th. To date no one from Absa has contacted me to arrange towing to the nearest dealership to get it fixed. I've been phoning in everyday and every time they tell me there is a 48 hour turnaround time. I stay in Joburg and need my car for work. I have never experienced such bad service from an insurance company. Seriously thinking of moving all my policies to another insurer.

Desired outcome: Please arrange towing and repair if my vehicle this week!!!

3:30 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ABSA Bank - My deposit transaction was unsuccesful.

I did a ATM deposit of R11000.00 yesterday 13/12/2021 my money was taken by your machine but my reciept came out unsuccessful.
The branch supervisor gave me a telephone number to contact but no one picks up when i call.
I also was given a ref number : C13690580
The deposit was for South African Breweries.

Please could somoene assist in this matter as i am now out of pocket of R11000.00

Desired outcome: I would like my transaction complete

Update by James F Chadwick
Dec 14, 2021 3:32 am

James F Chadwick Of South Africa Not United States

M
7:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Since June 2020 we have been in communication with the Estates department of ABSA bank regarding the winding up of a deceased's estate. (Ms. PRS Matloporo) The one person who was put in charge of the process, to represent the family was one Molefe Matloporo. The latter unfortunately passed on in early 2021. That left us in a quandary. The family then...

ABSA Bank - Home Insurance

My Insurance for my building is more than double the value of my house. The house has been valued by an estate agent recently so i know the valuation is recent. Despite several enquiries, phone calls and follow-ups I cannot get anyone to fix this issue. Not only has the value being insured double of what it should be the annual premium is now almost 2.5 times what it was. I cannot get anyone to help me and it appears that Absa will just continue taking my money and do as they wish.

Desired outcome: corrected insurance premiums for the market value of my property

12:07 pm

ABSA Bank - Absa bank funeral cover

I took a funeral cover at Absa bank Jan Kempdorp, early last year 2020 I went to add members in my funeral cover.a month after my visit at the bank my monthly premium increased.on the 15th November 2021 I went to process a claim but the member was not on my funeral cover and the other members.i want a refund for all the members on my funeral cover.

I

Business Banking : SME Northgate

T +27 11 801 6820
M +27 60 961 9701
E [email protected]

Address:: Shop B6 1st Floor| Northgate Shopping Centre | Cnr Olievenhout & Northumberland Avenue | Northgate 2194

in that this person did not do due diligence prior to suspending the Tarraco body corporate bank account - an action that has no merit.

We have sent emails to her, tried to call, even placed a DEMAND on her services. Nothing.

The complaint originates from a general email received from this person dated 19 May 2021 and subsequent actions. We addressed an email to her dated 20/11/2021 in which it is stated:

It is noted:
(1) An email from you dated 19 May 2021 required that Tarraco body corporate was to respond to this letter even if your details have not changed:

(2) there is no requirement in your email that the client provides you with specific documentation, other than an oblique reference to some form of manner or means whereby ABSA is to "verify the identity and or address of their client".
As neither you nor ABSA provided specifics as to what documents were needed, we, on behalf of the Tarraco body corporate responded on 26 May 2021 by sending to your email address a number of documents.
There was no bounce-back from your email address.
The probability that you received the email is very high - we are sure there are means within ABSA that when required by the necessary authority, will prove that the email was received.

(3) the email sent to you on 26 May 2021 that had as attachments various documents that were, given that no specific documents were requested by you, of sufficient detail for you or ABSA to establish
- the identity of the ABSA client
- the address of the ABSA client
- the officers of the ABSA client

(4) you made no effort in acknowledging the email of 36 May 2021.
You did not respond to the email either advising that the documentation submitted was sufficient for the purpose intended, or that the documentation submitted was not sufficient for the purpose intended.
Your lack of reply provided the confirmation by default that you had accepted the documentation submitted as sufficient for the purpose intended.

(5) on 17 November 2021, being a period of nearly 5 months later, which is a considerable number of working days, you and ABSA unilaterally without warning, suspended or in other ways prevented transactions on the account.

You did not concern yourself with doing the basic functions that had been entrusted to you - and that is of checking, verifying and responding to incoming emails, and and advising the ABSA client that indeed documentation had been delivered to you.
You chose to ignore that documentation.

(6) there is no cause that can excuse you and ABSA from its incompetence in this matter

(7) our Demand is placed as of this day.

(8) in your email received by this office on 18/11/2021 you undertook to review the documentation. There has been no response from you to date.

The back account remains suspended.

Desired outcome: Unsuspend the bank account

D
9:44 am

ABSA Bank - Loan, sort of.

Good day

I just wanna find out about the call that was made to my mother's sister due to credit that was said was made by the late her husband, of which the husband passed away in 2010,

May you please clarify to us

for an update you can contact us on cell 082549019- email @[email protected] the case related to my late uncle (NSTIENI EMMANUEL ENOS).

I THANK YOU

5:29 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ABSA Bank - Fraud committed against protagonist investments cc by pharma retail using absa south african bank account number 4101016960

On 03 November 2021, I made payment into Pharm Retail account number : 4101016960, branch ABSA electronic settlement, branch code 632005 paid an amount of R 571807.95 for the supply of goods to Protagonist Investments CC in Namibia. After payment, I discovered that I was scammed. The contact person was Alex Khosa, a sales manager +27 (62) 618-3976.

Desired outcome: REQUEST INVESTIGATION INTO FRAUD AND FREEZE FUNDS AND REFUND US.

P
11:37 am

ABSA Bank - SAFPS unauthorised listing PR00101381

2020-12-23 protective measure was listed, with this it has cost me a position as its reflects as if i was frauding.
the generic letter that i reveiced was not detailed enough of what was the incidents.
i was told that absa had a leak in december, can i have the listing removed in my profile and proper detailed letter explaining what happened.
I am suppose to be happy enjoying my new position, now i am unemployed.

Desired outcome: safps listing removed and detailed clearance letter

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Eisnommer: 4042820 Ek het in April 2021 n eis ingesit by Absa vir waterskade aan my woning in Gansbaai. Ek het n kwotasie gekry vir n bedrag van R48403.93 om die skade reg te maak Op 19.10.2021 het Dudu Puso my geskakel en gese die eis is goedgekeur vir R21000.00 (ongeveer) Ek het vir haar n epos gestuur op 19.10.2021 dat ek wil he hulle moet die ei...

N
4:47 pm

ABSA Bank - Not keeping to their part of the debt review application

Im going to report Absa on Hello Peter. Yes I know I got behind with payments, that why I went under debt review, which absa approved.

Now after struggeling since march to get my uif payment it gets paid into my account and what does Absa do? They take all my uif and they put n hold on my account.

I would like my funds released immediately!

Waiting for your quickest reaponse

Desired outcome: Releasing my money!!!

A
3:41 am

ABSA Bank - Absa Trust handling of estate

Since my mother's death was reported, Lorraine Shongwe of Absa Trust(not even the executor, just a secretary!), has tried to enrich herself and her friends off it, to the severe detriment of the heirs.
De Wet Reitz attorneys, bideasy auctioneers...we'll still see who crawls out the woodwork next.

Do not leave your estate in the hands of these lying thieves.

Don't fall for the "free" will

If you can imagine our government in bank form... that's Absa.

estate 6142/2020

Desired outcome: I hope they all burn in hell

C
2:59 am

ABSA Bank - cheque account

I opened this account in April 2021. I received my salary in it for 2 months and due to covid, lost my monthly income. I have been called constantly with demands of payment for R732, 94 which is completely unacceptable! I want to close this account and forget I ever had any dealings with ABSA. I will be able to manage payment on the original amount of R200 (whatever the amount was before I lost my income) in order to close this account. I can make the payment on the 30th of this month and then be done with ABSA.

1:56 am

ABSA Bank - Car finance paid up letter

Nobody is attending this issue since we've been trying to get a lost vehicle paid up letter
0722150818 please assist

Desired outcome: Send letter on this email

V
4:28 am

ABSA Bank - Bond cancellation

I am struggling to get any response from an ABSA consultant/private banker. I have been trying to get a guarantee cancelled and the title deeds in ABSA's possession to a property that I had previously bonded, but is now fully paid. It has taken more than 6 months to get the bond cancelled and now I cannot get the deeds. The service has declined so dramatically in the past 12 months that I am seriously considering changing banks after being with ABSA for 45 years.

Desired outcome: Someone from the bank responds to me

C
6:48 am

ABSA Bank - Credit kaart

My wife has been trying to get her Absa Credit cancelled after we have settled the amount owed. She is battling to get this resolved. Every time she has been trying to get help from the call centre we get transferred to a different department. She has been harassed by getting treated if she does not pay the amount of R50 she owns on the card she will be taking to the credit bureau Not sure if this is service fees of the kind. But she has told a few times already that she does not want the card active anymore.

I have phoned ones and getting transferred without asking and then I get the phone call hanging up.

I do not understand why this is so difficult to sort out on the phone.
We are in the times of COVID-19 why does she need to go into an ABSA branch to get this sorted out.

Please can you assist in getting the matter sorted out?

My Wife ID No. 8511040147082.
Cell No. 082 650 2511
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]

My Email: [email protected]
Cell No. 076 780 8918
Work No. 021 521 9509

Regards
Carel Krige

Desired outcome: Getting this Credit Card account cancelled.

M
6:36 am

ABSA Bank - Kempton Park ABSA branch.

So if you enter inside the bank you will never be assisted. So what are banks for. I waited for 30 minutes in a queue then I was told we do not deposit less than the stated amount go outside. So inside after standing a long queue you'll never be assisted. Kempton Park ABSA branch has the worst service ever, and they are very rude. I was really disappointed by the treatment I got from the bank teller.

Desired outcome: Improve how they operate with the clients

4:19 am

ABSA Bank - Investment Payout

Good Morning

I regret the day i referred my mother to invest her money at ABSA Bank. My mum has rested and my sister received a letter of authority and was appointed as an executor5 of my mother's estates. We submitted everything and opened an Estates Account at ABSA Bank Mimosa Mall Bloemfontein in August 2021. To date we have not received anything, we are told ABSA wants to confirm with Master of High Court, yet other banks, FNB and Nedbank have paid already. I took an initiative and went to Master of High Court and they told me that the ABSA Consultants are talking nonsense because we have submitted the letter of appointment of executor.
I am so disappointed at the service we are receiving at ABSA. I want to urge everyone "DO NOT INVEST AT ABSA". When my mum was doing an investment i was with her and she made my sister a Beneficiary at ABSA in Aliwal North. All of a sudden when she passes on there is no longer a beneficiary.

Desired outcome: Call 0815497191 and please attend to the matter urgently