Menu
Home Websites Yahoo! Internet/firewall

Yahoo! review: Internet/firewall

Author of the complaint
1:31 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I, once again, couldn't sign in to yahoo! Messenger. I've been through this repeatedly and it's not getting fixed. I've talked to tech people, some helpful and others not, and all I get are temporary solutions. Most recently, the program completely froze and had to be ended. I restarted it and surprise, surprise, I couldn't sign in. I tried several methods before finally contacting tech support. The woman told me to turn off my firewall that already had an exception for yahoo! But I was cooperative. I turned it off for a moment, signed in successfully, and turned it back on. As an experiment, I logged off and logged back in. Everything was fine. Until today. Apparently turning off the firewall like that kicked my mother's laptop off our internet connection and now she can't reconnect. Our internet doesn't even appear in her wireless networks list. Tech support didn't ask if I had other computers. Didn't warn me about anything bad. Not even the slightest hint! And yahoo! Messenger is still being a complete spazz!

More Yahoo! complaints & reviews

Yahoo! - don't trust them!
Yahoo! - to get my prize
Yahoo! - sms - your mobile number won one million pounds
59 comments
Feb 08, 2021 10:25 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

they are fake, counterfeit and scam.I can sue u for advertising fake $.

Dec 06, 2020 10:37 am EST

I am getting sick and tired of seeing nothing but negative news stories about Trump, his family, and the 77 million people who voted for him. If you can't have a positive story with a negative then stop all of it or I and many others will find another service. Pitiful just pitiful.

Aug 31, 2020 8:49 pm EDT

Yahoo is my home page on my computers, no more. I am a normal open minded person with no political bias. You news is liberal and disgustingly biased.

Be careful what you wish for.

Elections have consequences.

Mar 09, 2020 3:56 pm EDT

I have been through my email the past couple of days [protected] so on)and my new emails come through but all my emails I was keeping are completely gone. I checked my spam, archive, and trash and they were no where to be found. I want to know how my emails just up and vanished out of no where!

W
Mar 08, 2020 9:08 pm EDT

The best thing to happen to the liberal Yahoo scumbags is for them to burn to the ground,

Feb 11, 2020 7:29 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I Believe its time for the managers of Yahoo, to realize that you over do it, in your constant bashing of President Trump.

Feb 09, 2020 6:56 am EST

You keep saying someones partner like they're gay when they're not. You need to go back to basics and stop playing stupid games. Oh yeah you make us look throrh 25 pictures until we get to the right one ..that sucks

P
Feb 03, 2020 6:24 am EST

The ads pop up loudly and you can't shut them up. You hit the audio and it doesn't do any good. It is very annoying when you have this happen and you have to stop and fool with this thing. It is so annoying I am thinking to start using a new search engine.

B
Jan 06, 2020 2:02 pm EST

Please ban the false ad that says seniors get $15 month life insurance deal.
It is simply not true. The ad quotes this amount then reroutes you to insurance company sites giving other information. It is not true. Stop this as from running or I will report it to the proper authority and the local news.

W
Jan 05, 2020 5:24 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

You automatically switched my account to the new email version and I can't even check in without having my phone near me.My wife still has the old email version and I want mine back also!
I HATE the new email version you forced me into using!

Dec 28, 2019 10:25 am EST

T am receiving HUNDREDSof mail from various groups asking them to remove them from group wherein some unwanted postigs are done .I am receiving them in hundreds for past 10 days Want to stop

K
Dec 25, 2019 8:54 pm EST

Constant liberal news provided. Anti Republican anti Trump news that is relentless every day! It's sickening the amount of news bias.

Dec 11, 2019 11:25 pm EST

Please dont post spoilers on the front page for the Masked Singer, movies, tv shows such as the Walking Dead. If Yahoo cant be trustworthy to withhold spoilers, we cant visit for our normal news reading. Suggestion: Put "Spoiler Alert" Make it a rollover reveal when someone has already watched the show and wants spoilers.

View 0 more photos
Nov 24, 2019 6:19 pm EST

leaning to the extreme left. People want the news, not opion news!

Nov 12, 2019 8:17 pm EST

Hello,
I've been blocked form sending mails because of Suspicious activity.The last day I sent many emails to many companies because i am looking for a job . it is the same message but to deferent addresses. Yahoo considered these mails as spam but in fact they aren't. I'm not able to send any mails anymore.
Thank you for your time.

Nov 09, 2019 12:33 pm EST

Good Day

I am being subjected to a multitude of slanderous and harassing emails from someone making use of your email service.

The email is being sent from [email protected]

The emails are vicious and traumatizing and I implore you to do anything in your power to make them stop

Nov 04, 2019 12:10 pm EST

What's up with the Yahoo homepage? That bar in the middle is extremely annoying.
Please get rid of that feature. I'm quite sure you guys are getting complaints about this.

When I try to watch a video that bar seems to be constantly distracting and gets in the way. It makes the window feel very little.

Thanks in advance.

David

Oct 14, 2019 9:44 am EDT

i am facing net::err_cert_common_name_invalid problem on my specific laptop. this issue does not on my official pc.

Oct 13, 2019 6:18 am EDT

website mimics state site for registration renewals and charges unnecessary fees yet it is the 1st (Yes, the absolute 1st) item to come up on your search engine when I typed in Va DMV. Consequently, I did not renew my registration with the DMV.

These people should NOT come up on your search engine. There are tons of complaints about these folks.

Oct 09, 2019 1:04 am EDT

My company wont let me access your website anymore, your website opens an API to send data to a white listed country, you need to fix this!

You software is making a malformed API to a third world country, someone needs to fix this.

Oct 07, 2019 11:57 am EDT

Stop it. Yahoo leftist articles that continue to appear anytime Trump is mentioned.
Why do pictures of Pelosi continue to appear ?
Enough is enough.

Sep 21, 2019 9:40 pm EDT

What has gone wrong with Yahoo News ? Are you out of your mind to keep publishing 1005 FAKE NEWS sponsored by Terrorist Nation "Pakistan" and spreading their FAKE Islamic Jihad News on Kashmir against India.
SHAME ON YOU YAHOO for publishing all such Fake news on Kashmir or becoming so biased against India & Israel .

O
Sep 11, 2019 6:20 am EDT

I can't see my emails starting from this morning.
I can login but I can't see my emails 4 hours ago!
This is an serious problem but you ignore!
Don't ignore!
I pay a lot of money for to flays company and I'm waiting by email my confirmation for tickets!
Take in seriously my complain!

Sep 11, 2019 7:50 am EDT

I don't know what can be done but I enjoy reading the various articles you have on the website, however the amount of racist and vile comments in the comment section is disgusting. Is there nothing that can be done ? Maybe shut off comments all together ? Maybe they have to be approved first ? I don't know but it's really disgusting

Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

General ads are blocking content. Unless something is done I will delete yahoo from every device i am using. i understand you need the advertisement revenue but this is way too aggressive.

K
Sep 07, 2019 7:46 pm EDT

Prakash Lasrado
[email protected] has been sending derogatory mails to a large group of people. His mail id was blocked by google on receiving complaints. Please do the needful.

Aug 17, 2019 12:09 pm EDT

I know the family of this Carlson person you are referring to on your mail and I want his content removed from my screen would you please put a feature to remove malicious content, his imagine is intentionally being put on my screen and I want it removed please address this

Aug 04, 2019 9:52 am EDT

My yahoo id- [email protected]

recently I have changed my password, but i am familiar with my old/previous password.

the system does not accept the previous password

Please resolve this issue

jagdip H Vaishnav

Y
Aug 04, 2019 4:40 pm EDT

In Chrome, you need test your selection check box, it is very hard to check and delete. Never have the same issue in gmail and hotmail.

Aug 05, 2019 2:25 am EDT

I cannot send to comcast.net or ey.com addresses. Why not? They keep bouncing back to me. What is going on?

Jul 30, 2019 7:48 pm EDT

hello, is there any to help me to sign in my yahoo account to recovery or reset my password. I also don't have phone number which i have used to recovery so please help me to recovery without using phone number and alternative email.

H
Jul 29, 2019 12:43 pm EDT

my friend has made several attempts to send me emails over 36 hours. she said she received a response that it has complained. I made no complaints to her email. can you kindly investigate?

E
Jul 21, 2019 1:04 am EDT

Yahoo support/billing depart is really bad..Yahoo had a 75% increase for mail pro subscription, not advising the subscribers..As soon as they debited my Paypal acct for the increased payment, I immediately tried to cancel the service which is a major rip-off. They refuse to issue a refund...Yahoo is a scam..

B
Jul 20, 2019 3:40 pm EDT

Hi.
I hope that you can help me. Someone is sending out e'mails, supposed to be from me, with a viral attachment.

I don't know who is doing this but urgently want to prevent them.

My e'mail address is

[email protected]

Any clues?

Jul 06, 2019 6:08 pm EDT

dear sir/madam

RE:[email protected]

i am arash nassouri and some one used a above mentioned email address recently to register the follow weblog
arashnasouriuk.blogfa.com
against me and disclosed my family photos and wrong information to the public.
therefore i appreciated your urgent action about this matter.
kind regards
arash nassouri

Jul 02, 2019 7:54 pm EDT

I had changed my phone number but I did not change in yahoo saying, now I can't able to sign in

L
Jul 02, 2019 7:51 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This might be of help to anyone out there, if Interested in having your credit score repaired or boosted then contact Dennis Walker, He works with discretion and does all sorts of hacks, I would prefer to let his services speak for itself. You can contact him on ghostmaron47 at gmail dot com. Thank me later.

M
Jun 25, 2019 9:09 pm EDT

Hie, can you please remove [email protected] as my email because it's not, l know this because it's logging me in.my email is [email protected] call me on [protected] or email me on [email protected] for questions.

M
Jun 19, 2019 7:13 am EDT

Blatant pics of sexual positions shown for some article from Cosmopolitan magazine. I use yahoo as my homepage and I don't need my kids seeing that trash. Attached is the pic.

View 0 more photos
Jun 08, 2019 9:18 pm EDT

Somehow this Co. got my name phone #, my address. I have tryed stopping this as per your directions. Dosen't work.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1411 complaints