Xoom.comManny pacquiao promotions

The attached website says that if we send $50 to the philippines by nov. 12, 2011, we will be able to get a $50 debit card in essence, we get the fight for free. Further it said that an email will be sent between nov. 12 thru dec. 5. We talked to two ladies (Sheila is one of them) and the supervisor is carlo and said the website is no longer active and it is unfortunate that we lost the $50. 00. This is bad advertising and should not be tolerated. They claim that the email was sent on nov. 15. We never received this email. It is the principle that counts. $50 is $50. This is very bad business. It appears that xoom is guilty of promoting the pacquiao fight just to get more customers to send money but they never deliver what they promised & misleading the public. I will file a complaint with the federal trade commission and better business bureau.

• Ju
    Juan Tamad Aug 20, 2012

same thing here. i've received three emails from xoom customer service advising me to monitor my email within the next fifteen days. first email as way back after the fight, second email was on july 23rd when i inquired about it and today august 20th when i again inquired about it. what is sad is the emails are coming from filipino workers who appears to be in the scheme. $50 dollars i not a big deal, it's the fact they used filipinos and manny pacqiuao fights to promote their service (which have a small fee but the they are ripping you off on the exchange rate which is always one peso less than the current exchange). i would suggest those who have been promised this promotion to write to abs-cbm customer service and let them know that their network is being used by xoom.com on false advertising.

this company is a con, and it is starting to pissed me off every time i see their commercials when i am enjoying my tfc programs.

WTF!!!

• Ph
    Phil Doromal Feb 12, 2012

he called xoom.com customer service again. but he still got the same answer.. oh well, what a bad advertising. i hope karma will come to them...

• Xo
    Xoom Customer Service Jan 24, 2012

Hello Phil,

Please have your brother in law contact us @[email protected] so that we can resolve his issue.

Matthew N
    Xoom Customer Service

• Ph
    Phil Doromal Jan 18, 2012

we also have the same problem. my bro. in law never got his $50 as promised by xoom.com... my bro. in law is still waiting for the 2nd email from xoom.com but they never sent anything. he needs his $50... xoom.com is a hoax...

• Xo
    Xoom Customer Service Dec 19, 2011

Hello,

I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I can assure you we will be fulfilling your order as per the terms of the promotion. We have your contact information and we'll contact you as soon as possible with more information.

Matthew N