Having problems with Xoom?

Xoom Customer Service Contacts

1877 815 1531 (United States)
+1 415 395 4225 (International)
425 Market St. 12th Floor
San Francisco, California
United States - 94105-5404

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Xoom Customer Service. Initial Xoom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Xoom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Xoom. Discuss the issues you have had with Xoom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Xoom Complaints & Reviews

Xoom.commoney transfer

Not the best customer service and please note they don't allow commercial transaction which is BS. No one contacted us informing the money transfer is on hold unless if you call them. They asked bunch of questions like how you related to the recipient and reason you send money. This is not the first bad experience with them thought I give them a second chance but still UNHAPPY and went to different company which is more reliable especially if it is urgent.

• Su
      suko Feb 12, 2014

worst service ..CSR .not able to access my account and also . CSR is very worst non technical people ..dis gusting ..poor support ..don't encourage these kind of services .

• Ga
      garnupida Mar 06, 2013

Xoom.com charges for every single transaction which of course its fair. However their exchange rate is usually 60 to 70 pesos less that the official exchange rate ( I send money to Colombia) which mean that they kept a percentage over the amount that you sent plus their charge per transaction and like if they were just having so much fun with costumers their TV adds show a pig that its traumatized because of companies like them. SHAME for XOOM.

• Ai
      aileen alupay Nov 06, 2012

agree

XoomClosed my account for no reason

I had a Xoom account that I used to send money to personal acquaintences in The Phillipines. Saturday I tried to use the account and it was not accepting my password. When I called customer service, they told me that I violated the terms of service (a totally outrageous lie), but they cannot tell me what term I violated. They then told me I would be getting an email explaining it. Today I got the email, which said that they decided to close my account because of their boldfaced lie that I somehow violated the terms of service. The emial did not say what that term was (not surprising since their cliam is a total lie), and it also said that there was no further information, no appeal, and any email to them will be unanswered.

Who the hell do these high and mighty worthless pieces of garbage think they are? Who appointed them as God? To cancel the account of an innocent consumer based on total lies and then hide behind a wall of silence? Where did they learn banking, North Korea? Or was it Nazi Germany?

Do not do business with Xoom. If you have an account, cancel it now.

• Ff
        ffkling Nov 29, 2012

They did the same to me. I submitted all that they asked for and instead I received a cancellation notice. I discovered that they cancel accounts when senders try to send larger amounts. They prefer small remittances where they can charge more fees.

GOOD NEWS: Go to viamericas.com for the most cost effective and professional remittance org.

XOOM SUXS

Xoom.com — Service

Earlier in 2012 I frequently used Xoom.com to send small amounts of money to friends and family in...

XoomNot reliable

First time user of Xoom service. Initiated a transfer on Friday evening and on Sat morning the transaction still didn't complete. Called customer service several times and they weren't very helpful in providing status or making an effort to complete the transaction. Eventually, I lost confidence in Xoom ability to complete this transfer and cancelled the transaction. I went to Western Union to make the money transfer and that completed immediately. The Western Union fee was higher, but the exchange rate was better than Xoom.

In summary, Xoom did not perform as advertised and based on my experience I would caution others using their service if your money transfer requirements are immediate.

• Bu
          BubbaLoush Sep 04, 2012

Wow, too many complaints on this company, I have not used Xoom ever and based on these problems and complaints will never use them. I never had a problem with moneygram from walmart and they charge $9 for international.

Xoom Money Transfer — Very bad customer service

Hi, I had raised a request to Xoom (a service provider which provides money transfer services from United...

XoomWorst Customer Service

Hi,

I had raised a request to Xoom (a service provider which provides money transfer services from United States to India) for increasing my transfer limit. To my surprise, the request got denied. I called up their compliance department to check the reason why this happened. The customer service officials are very very rude in answering the questions and were shouting on me

They told their corporate office denied it because my income didn't match the eligibility to increase my transfer limit. That's absolutely fine and I understand that. I was trying to explain her that one of my friends got it approved, when the official started yelling literally "You can't compare yourself with others". Its a simple answer "You do not get qualified because your earnings are not sufficient to increase your transfer limit". It is that simple. The first representative who spoke to me was too rude. She hung up on me and also never let me talk. I told her "If I had known the customer service would be so rude, I would not have opened an account with Xoom". She was asking me if I wish to close my account and she could do it right away

WHAT THE HELL? BECAUSE A CUSTOMER HAS A CONCERN, YOU WOULD JUST LET THAT PERSON WALK AWAY DISSATISFIED?

The second one was equally rude. At one extent, I got pissed off and told her to stop and let me talk. Then, when I finished asking my questions, there was no answer from the other end. I thought even she hung up on me and said "Hello" for couple of times. You know what her answer was? "Sir, why do you keep saying hello hello? You don't want me to talk. Shall I answer your question now?". Is this the way to talk to a person?

Xoom customer service sucks. The service officials are arrogant and rude. I was totally disappointed. I would NEVER EVER RECOMMEND XOOM to anyone. I am looking for other vendors who offer service

• Ff
            ffkling Nov 29, 2012

XOOM SUXS for sure.

Go to viamericas.com for lower cost alternative and friendlier service.

Xoom Corporation — Xoom customer care very impatient in answering questions

Xoom.com / Refer A Friend ProgramRefer a friend program is hoax

They are still advertising to get customers trapped on it HOAX offer of getting $25 on xoom refer a friend program. Guys this is second complaint against this scam company and scam offer. They just wanna get your referrals and make money off of it without paying you [censored]tt!!! They are advertising everywhere for paying a referral fee which they are not and wanna get a free referral customers off of you and make money out of it without paying ### to you!!!BEWARE!! guys and please dont recommend your relatives or friends to this scammers or else they'd curse you. The reason I am stating this is because I have been victimised!!!Sorry guys if I have used any foul language but I can't help it. I have did everything which I could to get this money in my account as well as my referral account but no luck!!!reading this complaint if you still wanna try it that well let me tell you this good luck!!! Hope you will get your referral fee which unfortunately I could not. GOOD LUCK!!!

• De
              Derek2401 Apr 01, 2012

Matt,
              I received my reward after putting the above statement on complaint boards. I could not have wasted my time in emailing you guys to get my referral reward. It took so long that I could not wait any longer and had to take this step of commenting it here. As per the transaction, my first referral had finished their transaction long time ago, around 4 months and it took so long to remit that referral reward to me. Just a piece of advice if you feel comfortable considering it, is to make that process faster and make customers happy, that in return benefits Xoom.com to get more people via this offer!!!

• Xo
              Xoom Customer Service Mar 28, 2012

Hello Derek,

I am sorry if there has been some issue in getting you your reward. However, your statements are completely untrue. Xoom pays 100% of all eligible referrals. If you have an eligible referral that you have not received a reward for we can help resolve that. You can send an email to [email protected] and I will gladly review your case and see to it that you get your reward.

Matthew N
              Xoom Customer Service

Xoom/refer A Friend Program — Referral bonus Scammmm

I've watched the commercial on TV saying that when you refer a friend and if he completes his first...

Xoom.com — Manny pacquiao promotions

The attached website says that if we send $50 to the philippines by nov. 12, 2011, we will be able to get a...

XoomAcct Closed ????

They offer what appears to be a great service, very reasonably priced money transfers. I lucked out, they closed my acct before they transferred money. I was trying to send funds to a friend in the Philippines for Christmas. They put a stop on my acct because they said the funds were being used for sexual activities or gambling. From what I have read on this board, its probably the best thing they could have done for me. Their customer service line is absolutely useless with reps speaking what seems to be very heavy Jamaican accented English. They will always transfer you to the "correct department", but the "correct department" never picks up the phone. BEFORE EVEN THINKING OF USING THIS "SERVICE". READ ALL THE COMPLAINTS HERE and then USE WESTERN UNION!!!

Jayhawk2011 Jan 14, 2012

I've heard that customer service is one of the most important aspects a company should focus on in order to ensure the best customer experience. ATMCash is a money transfer service that boasts the best customer support team. They ensure that during business hours, you will never talk to a machine and you will get prompt service every time you call in or chat with a live representative. If you're tired of bad customer service and would like to have a better experience when sending money online, www.atmcash.com [protected] is the best choice for you. Please note: office hours are Mondy - Friday 8 - 6:30 PST.

Xoom Corporation — Customer Service

I complained about the repetitive confirmation of account for sending money and how they are supposed to make...

Xoom Money Transfer Services — cancelled transactions

i've used xoom.com in the pass wiring money to my husband in another country being they were cheaper...

Xoom.comterminated account

XOOM.COM is a joke! Having been a customer with them since 2005, they decided to close my account. With no explanation, per their service agreement, they can do that without notice or explanation. They questioned the recipient of the remittances -- MY FIANCE!! I said I've been doing this for years and now you question it? They said they randomly do this to accounts. Then they asked questions about who the person is and can I provide receipts that my fiance was real. I said she probably doesn't keep receipts. Also, the obvious fact, I had this account for years and she obviously has been approved by me, right? So the Xoom rep kept going on about it's part of their policy to do this randomly. I said fine, just tell me how to reactivate my account. Once again he asked me to provide receipts of her home (i.e., utility bill, etc.). T'hen he said he would send me an email detailing what they want. I said I'll check my email when I can. Once I checked my email, I was floored to get the following message: Your Xoom account has been disabled.

Pursuant to the User Agreement, Xoom may, at any time and in its sole discretion, refuse any Transaction, and reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.

I think this company should be investigated by the Feds. That's the stupidest so-called policy if I ever read one. Now I have to see if MoneyGram or locate another service. I won't use Western Union cause of their crazy sky high fees! Be aware and stay away from Xoom!

• Fe
                  Fern1984 Jun 21, 2012

they did something similar to me, they told me there is no reason to cancelled my transactions twice. but they do have my bank account information.
                  send me an e-mail [email protected] we should discuss this and see if we can do something about it

• Ct
                  C.T.B Sep 20, 2011

i would'nt encourage anyone to use there services ever, it's a streesful delay with xoom, i've been through it

Xoom.comBad Service - Incompetent Customer Service!

USE other means, stay away from zoom! Incompetent site, expensive (with all its advertisements - how can it be cheap?), bad customer service and unreliable!!!

• Tr
                    Treeton Oct 30, 2014

I wanted to change me email address from my work to my personal one, The person in Customer service said that i cant change them because my personal email, was associated with another xoom account, which was probably me several years ago, but not one transaction was done using it. she said that i would have to transfer all the banking information I had to another account. Set up a new email address and use that. I work in IT and I know what is required to change from one email to another, I also understand the security issues too, but they said there systems doesn't allow them to delete old accounts or change emails on existing accounts.
                    My old email address was set up in xoom in 2010, ( 4 years ago) they have told me that they keep all dormant accounts and that each person is only allowed to have one xoom account. Despite me saying i only have 1 active account, that I have had with them for the past 4 years, associated with my work email address they cannot delete my old one. My advise for anyone is DONT USE XOOM WITH AN EMAIL ADDRESS UNLESS YOU PLAN ON USING IT FOR LIFE. other wise you will have to set up new banking information to each person you intend to send money too, each time you change your email. to put a very simple solution to this problem JUST DONT USE XOOM, find another provider

JasonCC Feb 08, 2014

Their customer service representatives don't have a clue about their job. Xoom is the most incompetent and worthless company to send money; I will rather use western union or even bank wire, more expensive but more serious, companies like xoom really need to be out of the business

Xoom.com — xoom is a scam

I tried to send money to Mexico for three days all my transactions where canceled immediately just to find...

Xoom Money TransferXOOM Money Transfer sucks

XOOM money transfer really sucks, i initiated transfer on march 28 and until april2nd money is not deposited in india Bank account, they said it will be done in 24hrs the service really sucks.

• Co
                      Complaints_20 Apr 15, 2011

Samething happened to me. I initialed transfer on march 30th, they took money out of my bank account on 31st, and did not deposite money until may 7th. I called so many times, and was told that they have to communicate with their partners in India. I asked to cancel the transaction and was told that it will take another 7 business days to put money back in my account? They took no responsibily for the mistake or the delay.

Xoom.com — Xoom.com (Complaint)

I have transferred $2500 on 28th March and got a transaction no : X061890561120238, status is showing find...

Xoom.com / Money TransferLies on 15 minute transfer

I have the need of sending money to Mexico due to an emergency, so I use the service xoom.com, they claim to deliver the money in 15 minutes, so I did it, the story is as follow:
                    March 4th, 2011.- I use xoom.com to send $200.00 U.S. dlls. to Mexico for only $4.95
                    March 5th, 2011.- My family called me telling me there was no money sent to them yet
                    March 7th, 2011.- I checked up in xoom.com under my account and they just live a message saying that it will take 5 to 7 business days to clear the money from my bank
                    March 8th, 2011.- I called xoom customer care, they just apologize for the inconvenience and claim it will take 3 to 5 business days to clear the transaction on my bank (it seems to be this the number of days they say to all their customers). I tried to cancel the transaction but they said it will take 30 to 60 days to get the refund of my money!
                    BOTTOM LINE IS NOT TO USE THIS SERVICE ANYMORE IS MY ADVICE, TRY TO EXPLORE SOME OTHER OPTIONS, Western Union is very expensive, but at least it has worked ok in the past to me.

Lies on 15 minute transfer

• Ra
                        Ram Sri Jul 02, 2012

7/2/12 : Yes they are not telling the truth, when there was a technical issue at transfer point. They said my money was sent on 6/28, but it was actually sent today.
                        No transparency!! No more transfer from them.

Xoom — Refused to admit their mistake

A Xoom customer access my Xoom account information and took $500.00 without my consent from my Bank of...