Having problems with Xoom?

Xoom Customer Service Contacts

1877 815 1531 (United States)
+1 415 395 4225 (International)
425 Market St. 12th Floor
San Francisco, California
United States - 94105-5404

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Xoom Customer Service. Initial Xoom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Xoom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Xoom. Discuss the issues you have had with Xoom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Xoom — not secure and fraud

Kind of absolutely unsafe. I used them for making payments to stores in different countries. Amounts were...

Judith Gap

Xoom Corporation — Transaction cancelled many times

I called 20 times and they hold me many times, cancelled transactions in 1 minute and person was very rude...

Xoom.comCell phone recharge purchase processed as cash advance

Xoom.com processes a cellphone recharge as a cash advance, (instead of a service purchase), creating a cash advance charge with the credit card used for the transaction. Before trying the service for the first time, I phoned Xoom.com customer service department to confirm the transaction will NOT be processed as a cash advance and I was assured it will not. However, that was not the case and my credit card charged me $10.00 since Xoom.com processed the transaction as a cash advance. I called their customer service department again and explained what the previous agent told me before completing the transaction and was told there was nothing they could do. I phoned my credit card and opened a dispute and they will investigate. Xoom.com blamed my credit card company for the cash advance charge, while my credit card company explained they only process the transaction the way Xoom.com charges it. So for a $6.00 cellphone recharge, they also charged me .99 plus the $10.00 "cash advance" fee. It will be the first and last time I deal with Xoom.com. They give you misinformation and then say they can't do anything about it. Shame on Xoom.com, steer away from this company.

Xoom — Never Use XOOM

Xoom cancelled my transaction due to not meeting their regulatory and compliance policies. They didn’t even...

Xoom Corporationfunds transfer US to Mexico

They advertise cash transfers in 15 minutes. The money has been taken from my account electronically - no check, no credit card, no debit card. But they say it will take them an additional 1 to 4 days to "process your payment." They referred to the ACH but I don't see how the ACH would be involved in an electronic transfer. Even if they were, checks generally clear in much less time than that. I have transferred funds to my broker and that only takes a maximum of two days and it can be expedited to much less. When I complained originally they said they could help and ran through a lengthy interrogation about personal things. Then they said it would be faster than originally promised and when I tracked it they cut off one day which was added back on once they had my money. My credit rating is 827. 860 is the highest possible. One of my calls I was having trouble understanding the agent. I explained that my phone is not great, and her accent makes it difficult to understand. If she would please just slow down a little bit we could get through it. She enunciated one sentence then sped right back up. I interrupted her loudly asking her to go more slowly and she hung up on me. This is a terrible company doing a terrible job and PayPal needs to take immediate action to fix it. I don't have ten days to see how this turns out. I will post and complain to PayPal and anyone else who will listen including the Attorney General of Washington state where I live.

They advertise cash transfers in 15 minutes. The money has been taken from my account electronically - no check, no credit card, no debit card. But they say it will take them an additional 1 to 4 days to "process your payment." They referred to the ACH but I don't see how the ACH would be involved in an electronic transfer. Even if they were, checks generally clear in much less time than that. I have transferred funds to my broker and that only takes a maximum of two days and it can be expedited to much less. Here is another version of their explanation:

Your payment is currently in the electronic check clearing process. During this time, your bank account is being verified, debited, and payment is being credited to Xoom. Normally, this process takes up to four (4) business days. You may contact Customer Service at [protected] if you have any questions.

When I complained originally they said they could help and ran me through a lengthy interrogation about personal things. Then they said it would be faster than originally promised and when I tracked it they cut off one day which was added back on once they had my money. My credit rating is 827. 860 is the highest possible. The money was there, they got it. Who is it they don't trust enough once they have the money? My credit union? Me? One of my calls I was having trouble understanding the agent. I explained that my phone is not great, and her accent makes it difficult to understand. If she would please just slow down a little bit we could get through it. She enunciated one sentence then sped right back up. I interrupted her loudly asking her to go more slowly and she hung up on me. This is a terrible company doing a terrible job and PayPal needs to take immediate action to fix it. I don't have ten days to see how this turns out. I will post and complain to PayPal and anyone else who will listen including the Attorney General of Washington state where I live.
    This process began on 4/13/16. I am reluctant to include the tracking code publicly. The company already has this letter with all the contact information and tracking number.

Xoom Corporationfunds transfer US to Mexico

Xoom Corp.I had $184.99 taken from my bank account, I had never even heard of xoom, I don't know how this happened!!!

I just checked my bank account & $184.99 was taken from Xoom, I never heard of this company, I looked it up & found out it is a money transferring Corp. I haven't sent any money anywhere, I am on a fixed income & it's Christmas time, I'm watching every penny to survive. I don't know why my bank aurothrized this transfer, I will be following up on this any way possible. I expect a full refund back, this is horrible!!! I never let anyone see my bank card, NEVER...how could someone have my account number, maybe an inside job or some store I have purchased merchandise from!!! This has to be resolved & I will withdraw my money every month & never buy anything on line again...SO DISGUSTED!!!

Xoom.com Money Transfer — False advertisement takes days to deliver

I had seen the ads for fast and within minute delivery for money transfers. This is false because I sent...

Xoom.com — Normal clearing process

I've been a loyal client for almost a decade and I loved how fast and efficient they usually are. There...

Xoom.comDon't deliver 24/7

Cash Delivery system of XOOM.COM is very unreliable. Rush hour delivery of 4-6 hours stated in their website is not true. This happened already to
          me twice. I made a transaction yesterday and right now, after 23 hours the money is still undelivered. The destination is just in Cubao area Quezon City. Just learned from their CSR, that this has been happening a lot since their partner agency in the Philippines operates only from 8 AM to 5 PM Philippine time. right now, I still have to wait at least 6 hours in order to know if they will be able to deliver the money I sent. So if you need to send money to the Philippines for urgent reasons do not use Xoom. com cash delivery system. Again, XOOM.COM CASH DELIVERY SYSTEM IS UNRELIABLE. 1 STAR RATING.

XoomFraud

Xoom is working with a group who is committing fraud in the
            Philippines. I was solicited to buy a product that turned out to be a fraud and
            they use Xoom for the transaction. I asked Xoom for assistance they refuse to
            help mean in any fashion which led me to believe that they were involved in the
            fraud. I sent countless emails and request and they will not provide any information
            to help me investigate the details of this activity. I firmly believe that zoom
            is involved directly with the fraud and I would not recommend anybody using
            this company and trust me if something should happen to your funds you will not
            get it back and Xoom will not protect you.

• Kr
                krish0613 Apr 27, 2011

Worst customer care experience

• Kr
                krish0613 Apr 27, 2011

Customer care people do not even have an idea what they are trying to speak. They are not even caring the people. they easily lose their temper.

Bad bank experience . People don't waste your time by using XOOM Money transfer. They are waste. They are not even helping to the case number / problem occurred.

Worst experience i am having. I do not even no how many more days it take to close my case number.

• Xoom did not inform me during my online transaction that they have no door-to-door delivery in the area that I selected where my funds will be sent and it took so long for my recipients to receive the money.

• Ro
                rodolfo castro Dec 25, 2008

I sent money to dominican republic and it was late by more than one day after a promise of three hours and when finally it was delivered it was like 20 pesos less. The delivery person said they did not have exact change . I do not recoment xoom for this poor service

Xoom.comFraud promise

I did sent money to Canada. 6 days past. Money still not deposited to the Canadian bank.
              Routing and bank account numbers are correct. They just keep on telling Canada take longer time.. They did not explain that while making the transaction. I am here in the US.. There is no excuse if they are good company.. Don't ever use Xoom.com if I were you guys.. If you are in a hurry don't ever ever use them.

Xoom — Money

After using XOOM for years to send money to friends in the Philippines I was told my account was cancelled...

Xoom Money Transfer — Beware of unanticipated fees

I used to think Xoom was an amazing service - at least up until I had my first experience with them. I...

Xoom.com — Delay, poor customer service

I sent money thru xoom.com on march 6, until now, 4 days into the transaction, it hasn't arrived to...

Xoom.com — Money not credited to recipient account

I transferred money from XOOM.COM on 1 july 2013 and today is 7th day but money not credited to recipient...

Xoom — Cancellation transaction/refund

Xoom is a scam!!! They like to ripped u off!!! Poor customer service. They cancel my transaction with the...

Xoomtransaction charged even after cancellation

Hello There,

I am very upset with the Xoom customer service and specially with your transaction cancellation process. I have made two transaction last week on 12/22/2012 on 11:17pm and 11:21pm for an amount of $147 and $149.99 respectively.

Here are the transaction ID: X061841740709466 & X061800373188626

To do the transfer i used the wrong bank account and also informed the same to a customer service agent by name Karen Mae Sapaden about it at 11:23pm to report the same. So as per my conversation with the CSR, she said the request has been submitted and confirmation will be sent by email.

Today 12/26/2012, i have seen the transactions worth $147 & 149.99 on my account even after cancellation request which in turn resulted in -$70 service charge because of insufficient funds caused by unwanted transaction by xoom. When i called the customer service with the above concern they just say that i am responsible for all the transactions including $147, $149.99 and -$70.

This has been a very unfair business practice by Xoom and even after my immediate proactive request to cancel my transaction they still processed the transaction without my consent.

• Vb
                    vbrh Nov 26, 2013

No company can cancel a transfer from your bank account to them that you initiated. You used the wrong account by accident - you are responsible. It's not the energy company's fault.

Xoom.comUser Agreement

I have been sending money using Xoom.com starting this year. I've been pretty impressed with how fast it works. I've received $55 for the Manny Pacquiao fight when I did my first transfer. I have already sent money to the Philippines for almost 20 times afterwards. I've even referred it a friend. I've received a $25e-gift card from Walmart.

My problem occur when my Dad was trying to send using his original Xoom.com account. He wasn't able to to log in because he forgot his password. He then click the forgot password but can't proceed with how to change his password. He then created a new xoom.account using different e-mail. He tried using the new account and send money to the Philippines. He can't proceed with the transfer and been receiving a message " that he can't use the account since another person is associated with the account." Thinking that this stemmed from 2 different accounts, he then called xoom.com customer service. He first inquired about why he can't proceed with the forgot password. He said he was using a MAC laptop. The customer service agent said that there might be problem because it's a MAC since they've received complaints for MAC users. The only resort then is to delete the original account. He requested to have the old account deleted or deactivated so he can use the new account with new bank details to be supplied. But when he was trying to use his new account he's been receiving the same message even after the original account was deactivated. He tried for 5 times. The sixth time a different message occur. It says that that there might be other issues so we can proceed with the transfer.

Thinking that the he really can make a transfer. He asked me the following week to send money using my xoom.com account. I did, and was able to send money successfully. After 3 banking days my Dad checked his bank account was debited $754.99. I checked my account and nothing yet was debited. We were shocked. We thought that mine is pending to be debited from my account but he was also debited. We then called xoom.com and for 6 different calls we were able to trace the problem. At first they can't seem to find what transpired but for the 5th call, it appears that for whatever magical reason my xoom.com was used but my Dad's bank account was the one debited. A case of mismatch bank account and xoom.com account.

We thought that this was a big problem. Customers need to have security. A transaction can not just be sent if the accounts are not matching. We demand an answer. Setting aside the idea why and how the transaction happened. We just wanted to know why xoom.com system allowed such a transaction. What if others just use another bank and send it to someone. The recipient already received the money and after 3 days the bank account holder is to be deducted. It's too late because another person already took the money. On that premise we wanted to know that their system was safe. But we were shocked upon knowing that it's not included in the user agreement. The user agreement doesn't stipulate that it's prohibited that bank accounts should match xoom.com account.

We just want safety for the senders and it seems if there are people there who wants to cash in they can easily do so by using xoom.com and run away with as much as $2, 999. And the poor bank account holder will be debited or atleast an overdraft if there is no sufficient funds.

So dissatisfied my initial reaction is to switch to trans-fast.com. I haven't tried it but when I call the customer service they told me that in their user agreement, bank accounts should always match transfast account name. They even wait for 3 days for the first transfer to double check the bank account holder.

I may need to use transfast going forward. Nevermind the 3 days wait for the first transfer. Succeeding transfer should be also be in seconds or minutes just like xoom.com. Atleast my bank account is protected and secured.

Thanks

XoomNOT the least expensive/Rude customer service

Go to viamericas.com for the lowest cost provider with friendlier service. Compare and see for yourself.

I offer this rec. because of the terrible experience I had with these people. If you try to minimize fees by sending larger amounts they close your account. Why? Because they prey on the poor slobs who send small amounts and thus they can charge more fees. Plus the customer service is rude and arrogant.

The best way to retaliate is to cost them business. Spread the word if we want to make a difference.