Principal Financial Group Logo

Principal Financial Group

Having problems with Principal Financial Group?

Principal Financial Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 13, 2009. The latest review 401k was posted on May 3, 2021. The latest complaint associate was resolved on Sep 27, 2019. Principal Financial Group has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 9 reviews. Principal Financial Group has resolved 3 complaints.

Principal Financial Group Customer Service Contacts

711 High St.
Des Moines, Iowa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Principal Financial Group Customer Service. Initial Principal Financial Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Principal Financial Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Principal Financial Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Principal Financial Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Principal Financial Group Complaints & Reviews

Principal Financial Group401k

I requested a distribution check last week as I have separated from my former employer. I posted a message on Facebook Friday to this companies page and they said a representative would call me. No call, so I called them this morning. A very nonchalant arrogant rep by the name of Jeremy called back and told me that it can take up to 30 days for my former employer to provide separation information to them. I said no, that is your policy so that you can hold onto the funds. He said no we are just the administrator and to call my former employer. My former employer, said no it is Principles policy and that they provide separation information to them when the employee is separated. I knew this to be true. I want my money (IT IS MY MONEY - NOT PRINCIPLE FINANCIAL GROUPS MONEY) TODAY.

Principal Financial GroupI talk to many people in this company Principal .

I call this company Principal to get my 41K money they just saying in two week I keep waiting and and I call again they said in two days their going to diposet to my account untill now I dont have it so, I call today the person
    that I to they said the company Peterson where I work I have to call them to let them know that I want my money, they already know becouse I resign I quit thats why I want my money I wanna cash my money I need my money they give me hard time to get my own money I work hard for that money

Principal Financial Groupwithdrawing my 403b

3/22/2021 my client number is 716719 i have been paying my money for almost a year and was not informed that when i wanted to close the account i was told that i had to pay a 50$ fee and a 20% withholding for taxesin order to receive my money this is totally unacceptable considering covid and everything thats going on. im a hard working mom and will be filing a complaint with the attorney general tomorrow.

Principal Financial Groupassociate

Matthew Voshell threatened me with violence after learning his daughter had anal sex. He also threatened my Asian secretary and called her a racial slur for not transferring a call over to me because he wouldn't identify as an employee at Principal Financial. He is a part of a few acts of fraud with the church at Bergen and should not be trusted. He is a shallow boy.

RESOLVED

Issue was resolved.

• Updated by Evan Hughes · Sep 26, 2019

Daughter Emily Voshell- 11 Pine St Montclair, NJ

Principal Financial Grouplife insurance

Hello-

I am writing today because I feel I was discriminated against by Principal Life Insurance (Policy #6785865) when I was declined for a life insurance policy. Initially, I was told by my agent that he had a letter from the underwriter that stated it was because of letter received by my Doctor that commented on Hep C and alcohol abuse, which has never been diagnosed or even mentioned in my records. When I pushed for that letter, I was then told by Principal and my doctor that it did not exist.
          When I asked for the specific reason(s) then as to why I was denied, I was repeatedly told by Principal that they could not legally provide me with that information. After continued back and forth, I was finally told, that they were incorrect on that issue, as well, and sent me a document outlining their reason(s) for my denial, along with 350 pages of my medical records.
          They stated the following denial reasons:

1) Fibrosis of the liver. I am unaware of any fibrosis of the liver. However, in reviewing my medical records, I found the test they referred to was taken before I was treated for HepC (2015) and was administered to determine treatment options for Hep C. The fibrosis was determined to be minimal. And, I was, in fact, treated at that time and I no longer have Hep C, so this finding is outdated and not even valid. In addition, there are repeated mentions in my records regarding alcohol audits and my score is always zero which means no likelihood of hazardous or harmful alcohol consumption.
          2) COPD. The COPD is mild and treated with occasional use of an inhaler as noted in my medical records.
          3) Smoking. I quit smoking in 2012, so this finding is also outdated and no longer valid. This is also noted in my medical records multiple times.
          4) Depression. There is NO history of ever being diagnosed or treated for depression! The VA routinely asks all patients if they are suffering from depression, so as mentioned in my records, it was only a routine question. And, I was never referred for any mental health issues. In fact, my medical records state that I am not a risk for suicide or hurting others.
          5) Abnormal urinalysis. I am also unaware of any abnormal urinalysis, prior or current, and was never treated for any such incident. I saw in my records, a mention of Oxycontin in my lab results which was a concern for the VA since they did not prescribe it. However, at that time, I was prescribed Oxycontin by my dentist for dental work. It seems the underwriter would rather assume I was a drug addict instead of inquiring about it. My doctor has never mentioned it.

All of the above reasons they gave for denial are either not diagnosed, baseless, or outdated. And, I should never have been subject to their fabricated and illegal company policies. Their underwriter jumped to incorrect conclusions based on inaccurate assumptions, misunderstanding lab results and making a determination based on no evidence. Thus, I feel that this insurance company discriminates against Veterans and the elder, healthy or not, assuming we are all drug addicts and alcoholics.

I would appreciate your investigation into my claim as the baseless denial has not only been a time-consuming, emotional roller coaster, but it has also affected my ability to obtain life insurance elsewhere.

Regards,

Edgeworth W Nader III
          3065 SW 45th St
          Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312
          [protected]

Principal Financial GroupLong term disability insurance

10/31/2014.
            I purchased Long Term Disability Insurance from Principal Financial, from the years of 2006 to 2013, I was latter put on disability by my doctor in 2013 and extended to 2015. but my long term refused to even take a clam. they said the insurance was only valid if I was still employed by the company that sold it. How can that be? i was let go after 12 weeks of FMLA, the company argued that they legally will only give me 12 weeks. so how can they sell Long Term Disability if they will not grant you 12 weeks medical time off?

Principal Financial Group — Retirement funds 401(k)

If negative stars were available I'd give them a NEGATIVE 5. I've been invested with several different...

Principal Financial Group — 401K

I removed myself from all mutual fund accounts on 5-5-11 and put my account into a money market / cash...

Principal Financial Group — Do not invest in them

In the 3rd Quarter 2008, Principal arbitrarily decided to block any transfers out of its Real Estate fund...