XoomCancellation Transaction/Refund

A Review updated:

XOOM is a SCAM!!! they like to ripped u off!!! POOR CUSTOMER Service. They cancel my transaction with the amount of 200 dollars and I spoke with the representative on thw phone that I will expect to get my refund in 2-3 business days. What happen!? Xoom just take my money and did not return back to my account. Its been a month now and still didn't get my refund back. They said on their website its "Money Back Guarantee" but it makes no sense at all. Why telling people it money back since they don't really return ur money. They gave me a reference number authenticating that they already send a refund to my account but I went and check my wellsfargo bank and so with my email, didn't get any proof they refund the money. My case is simple, transaction was cancelled and I need my refund back. Now its like nothing happen, you couldn't get a hold of them properly even customer service is horrible. I would not recommend xoom for sending money online anymore!

• Ta
    tamalyn55 Jun 03, 2013

I cancelled my service on Feb 14th 2013 and here we are 90+ days later and I am still fighting to get my refund. At first it was the $120.00 but now it is just the principal of it. I call them weekly for my refund. they say it's processing.. really how long does it take to cut a check? they are keeping it along with countless others to gain all the interest they can until they have to send it out. never again . next step is the BBB. I should have known better. my bad :(

• Ed
    Edison Galvez Oct 20, 2015

Cancellation and Refunds. You can cancel your Transaction for a full refund within 30 minutes of authorizing your Transaction, unless the funds or mobile reload have already been paid out to the Recipient or Service Company. After 30 minutes, we generally do not provide refunds unless we did not process your Transaction according to your instructions or we are unable to pay out the Transaction. To request a refund, please contact Customer Service (See Section 18 below).

Xoom will make every effort not to debit your Payment Instrument after it has received your request for cancellation. However, in some cases, Xoom may have initiated an irreversible request for funds from your financial institution prior to receiving your request for cancellation. In such cases, your Payment Instrument may be debited even if you have cancelled your Transaction but Xoom will refund your money usually within four (4) business days after Xoom has received the funds from your financial institution.

Refunds will be credited to the same Payment Instrument used to pay for the Transaction. Refunds are only made in U.S. Dollars. Refund amounts will not be adjusted to account for changes in the value of the U.S. Dollar or foreign currency from the time your Transaction was submitted.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, residents of certain jurisdictions should read the following:

California. The following applies only to Transactions that are submitted by Senders in California.

RIGHT TO REFUND: You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of the money to be transmitted as the result of this agreement if Xoom does not forward the funds received from you within 10 days of the date of its receipt, or does not give instructions committing an equivalent amount of funds to the person designated by you within 10 days of the date of the receipt of the funds from you unless otherwise instructed by you.

If your instructions as to when the funds shall be forwarded or transmitted are not complied with and the funds have not yet been forwarded or transmitted you have a right to a refund.

If you want a refund, you must mail or deliver your written request to Xoom Corporation, attn: Customer Service, at 425 Market Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105-5404, USA. If you do not receive your refund, you may be entitled to your money back plus a penalty of up to $1, 000 and attorney's fees pursuant to Section 2102 of the California Financial Code.

• Vi
    vijaym123 Jul 06, 2020

These guys are running a scam.

I initiated the transfer for an urgent need, they said money will get transferred in 3 business days and they debited my money from my account. After waiting for 3 days, they have to cancel it due to some bank limit reasons.

I asked them for the money refund immediately so that i could send it via another service and they said it will take another 4 days for refund it back.

So they took my money for 7 days, did nothing for me except causing lot of mental stress.

Please don't trust these guys.. This is not the first time I am getting cheated by them..