Having problems with Xoom?

Xoom Customer Service Contacts

1877 815 1531 (United States)
+1 415 395 4225 (International)
425 Market St. 12th Floor
San Francisco, California
United States - 94105-5404

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Xoom Customer Service. Initial Xoom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Xoom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Xoom. Discuss the issues you have had with Xoom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

XoomFailed to deliver my money and refused to refund me!

Xoom failed to deliver my money and refused to refund me!

I used Paypal's Xoom.com to send money to a relative in South Africa. My money was not delivered and the recipient is unable to pick the money up since the money was not delivered to him. Xoom and their partner Exchange4free are lying and changing their story in every email their story is different. After I requested PROOF of delivery of money they wrote in an email that the money has been deposited, without providing any proof of the deposit. They say their investigation is completed and they are refusing to refund my money. In addition to the entire amount of my money they want to keep, to add insult to injury, Xoom also made money on me from a large difference in foreign currency exchange rates. This is an unheard behaviour by a large corporation such as Xoom, which seem to be owned, associated or part of Paypal Inc. How does Paypal allow such a deceitful and thieving company such as Xoom to operate under its wing?

• Updated by Manuel Costa · Jan 24, 2021

Xoommoney transfer disappeared

I transferred money through Xoom to a friend in Peru on 12/16. Xoom reports that the money had been delivered. My friend says it it not delivered to his account. I tried contacting Xoom and keep getting back form letters, I can't get to a real person. Then I started investigating and many people have the same complaints. Particularly with South America, the money just disappears. I need to speak to a real person, locate the money or refund me ASAP.

Manuel Costa Jan 24, 2021

Same happened here: the recipient did not receive the money but Xoom states they deposited the money into the recipient's bank account, but then every email of theirs is a different story! I one email Xoom states there is some form to be filled out by the recipient and in another email they state the money needs to be picked up from some place... and how does this work with a bank account? Liars and thieves! I am so disappointed with Paypal and THEIR Xoom! I knew Paypal was SHADY, but did not know that they are a FRAUD to this big level, openly, shamelessly, impudently and deceitfully. Not to be trusted. Stay away from Xoom!

Manuel Costa Jan 23, 2021

Same here! Is Paypal insane?

XoomService

Used xoom service over two years without issue. Last month transfers would no longer go thru. Contacted customer service but they are all incapable of giving a reason or resolving account issues. Poor business model by not resolving existing customers issues. I had to move business to another service.
      I've spent over an hour on the phone more than a couple times but still could not get an answer as to why the account no longer works. I've tried to open a new account but it does not work either.

XoomMoney transaction

Today 7/31/2020 a money transfer was just cancelled out of the blue and this is the second time this happens using xoom
        The only response I get from Xoom is that there was a problem with the bank account of the recipient or there was a problem with the timing that I made the the transaction
        What does that mean exactly?
        I have not changed any type of info on my behalf for my transaction to be just cancelled so make up your mind

Jul 17, 2020

Xoom — Horrible customer service

So this company is supposed to need proof of identity before processing transactions. Yet somehow, someone...

XoomScam company

These guys are running a scam.

I initiated the transfer for an urgent need, they said money will get transferred in 3 business days and they debited my money from my account. After waiting for 3 days, they have to cancel it due to some bank limit reasons.

I asked them for the money refund immediately so that I could send it via another service and they said it will take another 4 days for refund it back.

So they took my money for 7 days, did nothing for me except causing lot of mental stress. I am yet to get the amount hoping that it will come within 4 days.

Please don't trust these guys.. This is not the first time I am getting cheated by them..

Manuel Costa Jan 24, 2021

Xoom is probably requiring people all kinds of verifications in hopes that you give up and Xoom keeps your money and if you submit everything that is being requested by Xoom they may cancel the transaction, because that's not their business model, which is cheating, defrauding the consumer.

XoomFake information on partner network

I initiated the transfer. Recipient got the transaction notification from Xoom. Went to a place that was sent in the e-mail from Xoom. Waited in line for an hour and was told that they are not part of the network.

Shameful, below standard pathetic service that they can't vet their partners.
            This is the location on their list that the recipient went to.
            IME Al Razouki Intl Exchange Co: Al Khail
            Shop no11 West Zone Mall Al Khail Gate Al Qouz
            P
            Dubai
            Payout Currency: AED

Jun 26, 2020

Xoom Corporation — Money transfer

My landlord returned my deposit of 500euro to Xoom on May 22nd. As of June 26th, there is no record of any...

Jun 15, 2020

Xoom — Paid out when I had no money in my account

This happened over 10 years ago I recieved a check that I put into my account the person who sent me the...

Jun 11, 2020

Xoom — Money transfer

I started an international money transfer to Brazil using Xoom (transaction [protected])on 05/28/20, the amount...

Jun 10, 2020

Xoom — Money transfer

Ref: X72YT5J2 and a half a dozen more. XOOM keeps refusing to complete the money transfer I requested. The...

XoomThieves

I have a 941.99 charge to my debit card and xoom is listed as the culprit on my online CNB account. I've wire thru paypal money to my daughter but never this much! This seems to be an inside job at Xoom. I've alerted my back to this fraud and hopefully they catch the thieves! They are connected to palpal. I've ordered a used monitor from ebay and they refunded my money because they found it to be fraud and I used my paypal account to purchase. This may be connected to the $941.99 fraudulent charge.

Xoomxoom money transfer

I sent a cash pick in the amount of $100 on december 10, 2019 via credit card.it was supposed to have been a cash pick up which is normally available within minutes.recipient was not able to get funds so i called xoom customer service which to my surprise is in the Philippines..The lady told me the money would only be available on december 16, 2019 which was a major inconvenience..When i asked her why..she kept saying she dont know..when i asked to cancel the transaction she is saying there is nothing there to cancel.If Xoom wants their business to grow they seriously need to get some CSR reps that know how to be the friendly expert and resolve the customers problem.I DONT KNOW is not acceptable as well as the reps dont take ownership and there is simply no empathy and they are all monotonous and sounds scripted and its just frustrating

Nov 21, 2019

Xoom — Did get the payment

Hello customer sent payment to our company woori bank account . It has been 20 days and still we didn't get...

Xoompayment not received

I have made a transaction threw Xoom and there was nothing on the website implying that I need to verify my identity or I won't be able to send the money, for that I have sent the money and was expecting it to be received in a short notice as in word remit or western union or PayPal .. but I was surprised of receiving an email asking me to verify my identity which I have done yesterday and I have called your customer services but it keeps hanging up even after 5 calls so I know for sure that that's a saved msg and I was not even speaking to a normal person .

The purpose of sending the money is an urgent and a critical health matter so I was expecting the money to be transferred today after I have sent the need documentation to verify my identity but no amount of money was wired.
                  It's literally a matter of death or life for that I kindly request to make the procedure a bit faster so that I can wire the money.

Xoom — failed to meet commitments and extremely poor customer service

XOOM is a SCAM and FRAUD company . Never TRUST them with your hard earned money. I tried to transfer a high...

Xoom — money transfer/customer care

Sad to write a bad review. I have been with Xoom for 6 years and it has been a great service provider. In the...

Xoom — money transfer

I am a long time PayPal customer and I was using this Xoom to send money to my Fiancée in the Philippines. I...

Xoom — customer identification procedure

Wanted to transfer money to Hungary ($190). My transfer was put on hold due to "verification" of my identity...

Xoom — transaction about transferring money

I transferred a money with xoom.com from US to canada, I didnt received any updates on the transaction, upon...