www.intelius.comcannot access page to unsubscribe

Searching for cousin, went first on mylife, shut down and later went back only to get Intelius, signed up, received nothing but cousins name, every thing after that has a price added. Decided to unsubscribe but am prevented from accessing the site that would allow me to cancel, went to their help site, only to be directed to the site they won't allow me to access. went around and around finally realized I have been had.I'm 77 and on social, can't pay any fraudulent charges. This site needs to be exposed for what it is, a vicious scam.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Mar 11, 2011

Please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Ke
    Kenneth Eppich Jul 01, 2011

I tried numerous times to submit my credit information for an e-mail address search
    at the discounted price of $1.95. Each time, I tried to submit the form
    my attempt was unsuccessful. The form reappeared with a box highlighted in red, either
    my credit card number or my password. So, I changed to a different credit card and to
    a different password. Again, either the password or the credit card number was unacceptable.
    Something appears wrong with the credit information form of your website.
    Ken Eppich

• Ho
    Hosspa Mar 22, 2011

Not only is there billing a scam but the information they provide is out-of-date and incorrect. I had a run in with them over listing outdated and incorrect information concerning my address and telephone number. I notified them of their errors and they rudely replied back and in not so many words told me that I was the one who was wrong. To me, they seem only to care about selling their service and have no concern over the accuracy or quality of the information they sell. They need shut down.

• Ze
    ZeroTolrnce Mar 07, 2011

Sorry to hear about your rip off with Intelius. I had a similar situation a few years ago with them. It's like so many other sites that require credit/debit card info in order to register. In the end, it's all about money, not service. Since then, I use payment methods like Western Union that can't be traced to my credit card or bank accounts. A bit pricey but saves me money in the end because I wont get unauthorized charges. If a site does not accept that payment method, I move on.