Woodforest Bankstealing money / overdraft

C

Several months ago I opened an account with Woodforest Bank in Walmart to cash stimulus check. Now, three months later, they have taken over $700.00 out of my account for unknown fees. I am disabled and older, and the last 2 months I have received none of my direct deposit checks due to these fines. I have written checks to pay my bills and now they are not being honored by the bank, so I am facing homelessness. This bank is a fraud, they won't allow you close your account, and shame on Walmart allowing a business to rent on their property business. These people are theives...

RESOLVED

• Vo
    volunteer911 Feb 03, 2011

It's called a contract and reading the fine print. If you don't read it then don't complain because it's nobodies fault but your own! It's common sense that you cannot close a account with a negative balance. (Guarantee that's the policy at any bank as well as closing a account out)

• Woodforest Customer Service Aug 05, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at [protected] and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

JAMAR BOULWARE Aug 02, 2010

I AM VERY SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS, BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WOODFOREST WAS TAKING ADVANTIGE OF. ME AND MY WIFE STAYED AT THE RAMADA HOTAL AND THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND CHARGED ME TO MUCH THE HOTAL FIXED THE PROBLEM AND DEBITED MY MONEY BACK BUT THE BANK CHARGED ME AND EXCESSIVLY AND WOULDNT FIX THE PROBLEM THEY PUT MY ACCOUNT IN THE NEGITVES -478.00 SO MY SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR WORK CHECK THAT I HAD TO PAY BILLS WITH AND FEED MY TWO DAUGHTERS AN WIFE THEY TOOK IT ALL AND LEFT ME WITH TWO HUNDRED AND TWO DOLLARS SO I TOOK THAT OUT I TOLD THEM THAT MY CARD WAS LOST AND I WANTED THE ACCOUNT CLOSED OUT AND THEY SAID THEY COULDNT BECAUSE I WAS NEGITIVE 11 DOLLARS BECAUSE THEY WERE MAILING ME ANOTHER CARD OUT I TOLD THEM I DIDNT WANT IT AN I WANTED MY ACCOUNT CLOSED THEY WOULDNT DO IT BECAUSE I WAS NEGITVE 11 FOR THE NEW CARD I DIDNT WANT THEN THEY SAID I HAD TO PAY A EXTRA 25 TO CLOSE IT BECAUSE I HAVENT HAD THE ACCOUNT OVER A YEAR. THET ARE USING US AND GETTING PEOPLE FOR THERE MONEY THERES SOMETHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THIS WE SHOULD ALL FIND OUT WHAT GROUDS WE HAVE ABOUT THISE AND TAKE CARE OF BUISSINESS-

• Ba
    bankmama13 Apr 30, 2010

And to VIPshopper, what type of acct did you open? was it a second chance, free checking or choice checking? What you are saying does not add up for any of them considering the largest monthly fee on accts is 9.95 and it had only been open for 3 months. Were you not checking your monthly statements? Have you spoken with the branch manager?

• Ba
    bankmama13 Apr 30, 2010

You probably can not close the acct because it is currently negative. When you bring it back to a zero balance it can be closed. I'm not sure what unknown fees might be getting charged but I'm going to guess that you don't keep a check register. Are the fees $34 each? If so then you are spending beyond the amount of money in your acct causing overdrafts fees, $34 each time and item processes on a negative balance. Keeping a check register and not atempting to float money with checks would keep a lot of people from getting fees. Common sense.

• VIPshopper Mar 18, 2010

Wow!!! WoodForest Bank was next on my complaint list. I opened an account there as a vacation account about 3 months ago. I only deposited $100. I never used the ATM card they sent, never had any transactions at all. I got my statement yesterday. I have a total of $27 in the account now. They even charged me for not using the account. I called their customer service number to try cancel the account. After giving them my entire LIFE HISTORY over the phone, they told me I have to come to the bank to cancel the account!!! What an "F'"ing joke!!! Thank God for my real bank accounts. DON'T PUT YOUR MONEY INTO WOODFOREST BANK...if you want to keep it!!!