Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Business & Finances Complete Savings / Complete Save Money taken from my credit card monthly without authorisation

Complete Savings / Complete Save  - Money taken from my credit card monthly without authorisation

R
Author of the complaint
12:40 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

WLY* Complete Save have been taking money fraudulently from my credit card for the last 5 months, totalling £75. I do a small amount of online shopping usually with the same four companies, but at no time have I requested to join the Complete Save savings plan. I have only just discovered this fraud, in part because I had a replacement credit card about a month ago and no longer have online access to previous statements, but also because the amount of £15 per month is a small enough amount not to raise alarm bells! I have now contacted my bank and had further payments stopped, but as a pensioner on a very low income I am furious that this amount of money has been stollen from my account. Somehow this company has got hold of my details, but I can confirm that I have never completed an application form to join this savings plan or received any emails or other documents from this company. I want my money refunded and this company investigated. Ray Lewis

Update by Ray Lewis65
Oct 28, 2016 2:33 am

Hello Mary

My reference is [protected]. I have spoken with Martin of Complete Save regarding this, but he has only refunded £45, therefore Complete Save still owe me £30. It was quite clear during our conversation that £15 had been taken from June to October amounting to £75.
Please now confirm that you will be refunding the £30 of my money that you still have.
Ray

Helpful? 234 240

More Complete Savings / Complete Save complaints & reviews

Complete Savings / Complete Save - unauthorized charges
Complete Savings / Complete Save - Unauthorized charges to bank account
Complete Savings / Complete Save - Scamming credit card numbers
Complete Savings / Complete Save - fraud
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Complete Savings / Complete Save - £15 a month deducted from my credit card account since august last year.
Complete Savings / Complete Save - Unauthorised debits from my account
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Complete Savings / Complete Save - unauthorised monthly deductions from my debit card € 15
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Complete Savings / Complete Save - Money take out of my account without my authorization
200 comments
May 28, 2022 12:40 am

Kindly refund the £105 you’ve taken from my bank account since November 2021. You can see that I have NOT used your services, nor have I ever sought them out. Please also explain which website I was using at the time when I apparently inadvertently ’signed up’ to WLY. As a company, I’d also like to know your views on the litany of other customers here reporting the same complaint.

May 11, 2022 12:40 am

Unauthorised bank charges taken out from my account

May 03, 2022 12:40 am

I have been having the same problem £15 a month has been coming out my account and it just took more money out again today I don’t know what to do to get my money back. Because I didn’t sign up for it and I don’t know what it is

20 10
May 04, 2022 12:40 am

You need to

Call them on [protected]

Explain your situation and how it’s an unauthorised payment and you’ve reported to your bank and that bank has suggested you get a refund and get your account closed with them, same thing happened to me I’m waiting 3-5 working days for my refund.

May 01, 2022 12:40 am

I just seen my Santander account and they have been taking money from my account for 2 years totalling £360

T
Apr 27, 2022 12:40 am

This company have been taking money from my bank each month for many years. They agreed to pay it back but they are now saying that they can only pay it back to a card I had years ago and my bank no longer recognise as it had been taken over. The company need to reimburse me a further £180 with immediate effect. I am now happy to highlight this company’s unorthodox practices to the financial ombudsman, the national newspapers, my MP and solicitor etc. people need to be made aware of this company.

I have been emailing for weeks now and it still not sorted as excuse after excuse. I will let you know if they reimburse me the remaining £189 owed to me. If there is anyone else who would also like to bring their story to the newspapers etc let me know in response to this message.

T Mitchell

Apr 25, 2022 12:40 am

So it seems i have also fallen for this Scam.

£15 a month since December 2017 to now.

Has anybody managed to get a refund?

I had never heard of it till i just checked my account.

12 5
May 20, 2022 12:40 am

My goes back a very long time too, January 2017. I have put in a claim. Got three months back. Put in another claim as suggested by my bank. I have changed cards so I am likely to be in the same position. This has been going on unknowingly since 2017. Did you get a refund?

Issue with statements.

May 14, 2022 12:40 am

My dad got 3 x 15 back and now I'm going to call them ad they said they would send an email from to request the test...like you since 2018...

It might not be easy but call them and start the process. They are crooks

Apr 28, 2022 12:40 am

If they've been coming off since 2017 then how have you not noticed them till now? You should be checking your accounts on a regular basis.

Apr 25, 2022 12:40 am

£15 was taken from my bank account as well with the complete save reference. I was raging as hadn't subscribed to anything. Phoned them and they confirmed it was authorised after my Moonpig purchase! They agreed to cancel but I demanded my money back, which they agreed to do within 3-5 days. They better hope it is, complete farce way of getting money from people. Please be aware.

Apr 24, 2022 12:40 am

Money is being taken from my card

Good morning

I’ve just had confirmation of £15 taken from my account for complete save. I have not signed up for this service.

Pauline McCauley

21 9
Apr 11, 2022 12:40 am

i am disgusted, ive had £30 taken from my bank account so far with no idea what was going on, ive never signed up for any savings account before. after reading these comments i am clearly not the only victim. i am only 17 years old and do not have much money in the first place. i want my money back immediately, this is robbery!

Apr 28, 2022 12:40 am

If you've been charged 30.00 in total (MAR & APR) then that tells me that an online payment youvw likely made during the same date in FEB started them as its always the previous month almost to the day that starts off the savings scheme.

Apr 01, 2022 12:40 am

Utter criminals, took £15 a month, claimed I signed up by making a purchase with another website, checked with that website, they said never had any dealings with completesavings, thieves and modern highway men, should all be ashamed at themselves

Apr 09, 2022 12:40 am

I just noticed the same transaction on my credit card statement.I called my bank. They were really helpful and put me in touch with the fraud department. They told me that they suspect that a transaction I made with Looking4Parking, for airport parking, would have had one of these annoying advertising banners running on the page. In order to get rid of it, you click on the cross at the top. Apparently, this is how this shady organisation gets your details and lo and behold you’ve unknowingly ‘subscribed’ to their services. The bank gave me the telephone number of this dodgy lot and I called and insisted on a refund. They said they would refund my card within 3 to 5 working days. My bank have now blocked any future attempts by this lot to take payments. I shall be contacting this shower of thieves on day six if I haven't received my refund. Good luck

V
Mar 25, 2022 12:40 am

These lot took 15 quid out my account and i need that for travel money to get to college absolute piss take

9 10
Mar 24, 2022 12:40 am

I have had £15.00 taken from my account every month for the past 6/7 months. I phoned the company two months ago to cancel this to no avail. Can anyone help?

35 16
Mar 24, 2022 12:40 am

Mar 18, 2022 12:40 am

I have just noticed £15.00 has been fraudulently taken from my account for the last four months. At no time did I authorise Wly*Complete save to debit my account. How do I get my money refunded it is money I can I’ll afford to pay out. Please can you resolve this on my behalf.

75 21
May 23, 2022 12:40 am

I would like to be funded of the unauthorised payments taken from my account every month and i would also like the payment to by cancelled for the foreseeable future as this action is completely illegal as i give zero permission

Mar 16, 2022 12:40 am

Unfortunately when shopping online the Completesave is almost presented as part of your purchase. If you are using Moonpig or Boohoo or other platforms that support these scumbags it can be hard to reach the final page of your purchase without unwittingly clicking 'I agree' on Completesaves scam. It is very cleverly designed to make you think that you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of your purchase, but in fact you are signing up for a rip off that will charge your account 15 per month for nothing. Unless you shop online every day their offers are useless. They should be shut down,and Moonpig and otger sites that host them should be boycotted

5 0
K

The same has happened to me with this company

12 4
Mar 12, 2022 12:40 am

I found that £15 had been taken out of my Amazon Credit card account without my permission by an unknown company called "COMPLETE SAVINGS"... I emailed them about this and accused them of theft.. They have since replied stating that the £15 will be refunded.

6 0
Mar 07, 2022 12:40 am

WLY* Complete Save have been taking money fraudulently from my Master card for the last 5 months, I only do a online shopping from my , but at no time have I requested to join the Complete Save savings plan. I have only just discovered this fraud, in part , they have been taking 15 pounds each month i have now contacted my bank and i will take law action against them

13 1
Mar 03, 2022 12:40 am

I have had £15 taken out of my bank and I haven’t signed up for anything so how do I get this to stop and get my money back?

134 44
D

I have had payments since the start of November I believe, I want this to stop I don’t shop online regularly and has been charging me £15 per month. Please how do I cancel

70 23
Feb 28, 2022 12:40 am

I’ve had another payment taken from my bank I haven’t sighed up for this I’ve sent numerous emails this is the second Tommie it’s happened I would like all my money that’s been taken to b put bak

Feb 27, 2022 12:40 am

I have had £15 come out of my account but have never requested to join. How do I get a refund please

2 1
E
Feb 23, 2022 12:40 am

Money just came out my account, I had to freeze my card because I have no idea how to get that back. I’m literally a child and haven’t got a job so £15 is a lot to come out of my account. I’m extremely furious and to see it happened to so many others aswell.

42 29
Feb 21, 2022 12:40 am

Money is coming out of my account and I haven’t signed up for nothing!

4 9
Jan 18, 2022 12:40 am

I too have only noticed today that there has been €15 a month been taken from my account.and twice this month so far..
I do a bit of online shopping but this card is never used as payment.as I use my own personal one.as it’s only used for my special needs son and items he needs on occasion.
I think it’s disgraceful that this money has being stolen from him and under no circumstances were they ever given permission to do so.
I demand a refund of this money.€75 in total to date and I’ll be approaching my bank tomorrow..
This is the 2nd time this has happened to me by this company.last time it was my own card..

I’d appreciate a return of my money and please stop robbing people of their hard earned and needed funds..

22 0
Jan 18, 2022 12:40 am

WLY* Complete Save have been taking money fraudulently from my credit card for the last 5 months, totalling £75. I do a small amount of online shopping usually with the same companies, but at no time have I requested to join the Complete Save savings plan. I have only just discovered this fraud, in part because I had a replacement credit card about a month ago and no longer have online access to previous statements, but also because the amount of £15 per month is a small enough amount not to raise alarm bells! I have now contacted my bank and had further payments stopped, but on a very low income I am furious that this amount of money has been stollen from my account. Somehow this company has got hold of my details, but I can confirm that I have never completed an application form to join this savings plan or received any emails or other documents from this company. I want my money refunded and this company investigated. Majoly Ponce

10 0

Hello Majoly Ponce,

Complete Savings is an online shopping programme where members can earn up to 10% cashback at over 1000 leading online retailers. More details can be found at www.completesavings.co.uk. In order for you to become a member, you have to manually entered your details into the Complete Savings signup form and agreed to the Terms & Conditions which were made very clear on the signup form.

We would like to assist you and fully address your concern but that is not possible since we currently don't know who you are. If you want us to investigate your complaint and provide you full details on how and when you signed up for Complete Savings and agreed to the T&CS, please provide us with either your membership number or email address so we can identify your record. Please send these details in an email to [email protected]

You may also call us at:
Free telephone from within the UK: [protected]
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Complete Savings

0 18
Jan 16, 2022 12:40 am

I too have had monies taken from my credit card after buying a gas cooker from argos. This is the 2nd time, the 1st was from my bank. I have cancelled my credit card(NATIONWIDE). But as there is un outstanding amount on £30 from Completesavings they will not completly cancel until I have cleared the outstanding balance. I explained to the credit card fraud department that this was not authorised by me. I have emailed Completesavings and await a promised refund. I will be going into Nationwide next week to close my account.

Hello Carol,

The only way you could have become a member and we could have received your details and your authorisation to charge your account is that you manually entered your details into the signup form and agreed to the Terms & Conditions which were made very clear on the signup form. We can send you a copy of the sign-up form but we currently don't know who you are. If you want us to investigate your complaint and provide you full details on how and when you signed up for Complete Savings and agreed to the T&CS, please provide us with either your membership number or email address so we can identify your record. Please send these details in an email to [email protected]

You may also call us at:

Complete Savings

0 13
G
Dec 15, 2021 12:40 am

I care for a youngish guy who is totally blind. I first noticed today that money had been taken from his account today and I was shocked to find out it had been going on for months. The bank accused him of ticking a box ( seriously he couldn’t even turn it on ) . I got him to ring the company today as what use is an email to a blind man but it was his fault. After 30 mins on the phone today they said they will pay the money back into his bank but be careful what button he presses. ( I thought they were being funny )

0 0

I’ve just got off the phone from my bank, they won’t let anymore payments go to this company. WLY complete save. I only realised what had happened because i received a notification from my bank saying ‘A payment of £15 has been declined due to funds being to low’ it’s an account I don’t use so how this company has got the details is beyond me. Can’t always be the case as mentioned that they take your details whilst using another retailer. It is fraud when you don’t sign up to them or authorise them to take your money.

3 0
Nov 30, 2021 12:40 am

Your bank should be able to tell you when the membership started as its usually a month before they charge you which will show on the banks sise as 0.00 for the retailer which is esentially a verification of the card. 9/10 they can also lokely tell you what retailer started it.

Nov 15, 2021 12:40 am

I had £15 taken out my bank today, bank said I would be quicker phoning the company to resolve it. I phoned and they couldn’t be more helpful membership cancelled and refund will be given. Phone number0800 389 6960 if anybody needs it.

5 2
Oct 26, 2021 12:40 am

Ring this number [protected] the bank gave it to my mom this happened to her when she applied for a phone on mobiles.co.uk it takes your bank details that you entered when you apply for a phone and then it sets you up for a membership with complete savings and it will take it out monthly but this is the number linked to it and it will cancel out your membership

2 0

This wlys* complete save have also been doing the same to me the bank has put a block on it and yet they still managing to take £15 every month I have never joined them. This has been going on since June 2021 nearly five months amounting to over a over hundred pounds . Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to stop these scammers.

T
Sep 29, 2021 12:40 am

They have taken 15 pound out of my account without my permission I am a 16 year old I did not sign up for no subscription I have spoken to the bank and you are being reported as FRAUD

Oct 14, 2021 12:40 am

Same. And

Sep 29, 2021 12:40 am

What online payment did you make in the same time last month?

Aug 30, 2021 12:40 am

Ok people, WLY* COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK is NOT fraud. This has been stated many times on this forum. Also to the people who say 'you've never signed up for it' this has also been stated on this forum that its started by making an online payment of some kind. Please read past comments.

0 6
Jan 02, 2022 12:40 am

Clo121 you are a [censored]ing idiot

Oct 14, 2021 12:40 am

How are they duping you? You make a purchase from a retailer who is using this scheme (there are hundreds by the way) and the retailer pop up advices that to receive discounts you can sign up for 30 day trial and then if you dont cancel it rolls over onto a £15 monthly fee. Amazon does something similar with Amazon Prime. Just because you dont want it doesn't make it fraud. Also just because you dont notice what you are agreeing to or signing up to again doesn't make it fraud. A similar thing also happens with Just Fab (Fabletics) where you make a payment to them and in the back ground signs you up to VIP membership of £35 pm. There is loads of bad press about that but its also not fraud. Maybe not very transparent but defo not fraud. You can look anywhere on the internet and find bad press about any retailer.

Oh and before I go any further I know this as I work in a very well known banks Fraud department and we never take them on as fraud. We always refer the customers back to the retailer and as ive stated as long as you havent used the completesave discount then they can usually refund in full. If you havent noticed the £15 pm payments for months or even years then you should be checking your bank statements more closely. Also while were on this subject if you search for Creditperfect (£19.99) you will also find bad press about them but banks classify them as 3rd party brokers which are spawned from applying for loans (even to see if you are eligible), credit checking companies such as ClearScore, Experian or Equifax, and temporary finance companies such as ClearPay, SmartPay, Laybuy, Zilch or Klarna. In the T&Cs for any of these types of company will be a clause advising if you agree to their conditions then these companies will pass your card number onto Creditperfect or dozens of others such as Scoresmatter, hashtagbase, IDmonitoring etc and they will then charge a monthly fee. Again not fraud and cant be raised as fraud as we get calls about them on a daily basis.

1 3
Oct 13, 2021 12:40 am

Oh is it not fraudulent to dupe customers into thinking they are paying major online retailers when in fact they are signing up for a service they don't want? Is it not totally unscrupulous to imitate the branding of those major online retailers so as to deflect from the fact they are duping people into signing up to a service they don't want. WLY*COMPLETESAVE.CO.UK IS 100% ACTING FRAUDULENTLY. THEY ARE CROOKS AND THERE IS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE OF THAT ALL OVER THE INTERNET. So PLEASE... stop trying to defend their vile tactics and think of those poor, poor people who have been so badly impacted by their disgusting tactics.

3 0
Oct 13, 2021 12:40 am

You should be checking your bank account statement on a regular basis so you should have seen these payments long before. The fact that youve not noticed is not the companies fault but yours for not noticing. Further more its a discount retailer and with the £15 monthly fee you are able to get discounts on hundreds of retailers. You said you booked a train ticket (most likely TrainLine) which normally comes with a pop up for completesave. If you havent used the discount facility with completesave they can usually refund you in full. A similar thing happens with Amazon Prime after you make a purchase it gives you a trial for a month then will charge you £7.99 pm. If you hadnt noticed that would you say Amazon Prime is unethical?

Oct 08, 2021 12:40 am

saying it isn't fraud isn't helpful. As a doctor who booked a train ticket - I ended up paying them £15 per month for over a year. I had no idea and received nothing from them at all. It is completely unethical and trading standards must look into this terrible company. Saying it isn't fraud is like rich folks keeping their money off shore and avoiding taxes... it's 'not against the law' but they are crooks!

Sep 07, 2021 12:40 am

Have you read what i already said above. Completesave is not fraud. Completesave is an online discount retailer. Usually for £15 per month. They are started by making an online payment of some kind ie PapaJohns, Trainline, Argos etc which asks if you want a discount. By ticking or unticking a box you get the discount but in the background will sign you up for the £15 per month. Its simple to fix. First contact your bank who can stop any other transactions to the retailer and then contact completesave via email/phone number(obtained on their website). So long as you havent used the discounts (or left it going for too long) then completesave can usually refund you in full. Please note it is always the previous month almost to the day when the first £15 comes off is what triggered it. So if you have seen complete save in 15May then look at your statement for the same date in Apr and you will often see the online payment that started it.

0 2
Sep 06, 2021 12:40 am

This Company is totally fraud, I have just seen they have been taking money from my account for several months . I never signed for it . What should I do ? How can I get my money back . This money means lot to me and I don’t want any fraud company to take it without my permission. Very Angry

H
Aug 28, 2021 12:40 am

I had a payment taken on 2nd August but have never joined this Company.I'm going to get this stopped at The Bank on Tuesday.

Aug 04, 2021 12:40 am

I keep getting 15£ out my bank, have never authorised and would like an explanation pls

Nov 29, 2021 12:40 am

I think col works for them apart from that his repetitive answers are boring, bore off col, noone cares about your bs

Aug 05, 2021 12:40 am

0 2
Jul 09, 2021 12:40 am

I just realised every months this WLY complete save .c they take 15 pound on my bank account it’s more than 105 pound know is did not sing up for any think . Please refund my money

And me please

Jul 26, 2021 12:40 am

All you have to do is contact completesave. You can find their phone number usually on your bank statement or on their own website. They are usually good at refunding.

I
Jul 25, 2021 12:40 am

Please Look Into This I Want A Refund

Ian R Duckett

Jul 23, 2021 12:40 am

Their phone number should be on your bank statement along with the transaction.

Jul 23, 2021 12:40 am

hi could u send me the number; i’ve got same problem

Jul 13, 2021 12:40 am

If you call this number [protected] they tell you how it was set up and that can sort you a refund

F
Jul 09, 2021 12:40 am

They are still at it 15 pounds have been taken from my mums bank i looked on there website & they have the ebay logo & just eat logo & few others thats the only way i can think of them getting our card details through websites like ebay

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1257 complaints