Menu

complaints

E-File.com Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
5 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with E-File.com at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for E-File.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of E-File.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

E-File.com complaints 5

Sort by:

Newest E-File.com complaints

E
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

E-File.com I tried like 50 times to get into my account, but no luck!

I tried like 50 times to get into my account, but no luck! Now I'm totally locked out and can't even delete my account. The service I got was so unsatisfactory! I'm demanding a refund of $49.95. I called them up, but they were useless. I had to go and dispute this charge with my credit card company.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

E-File.com I used this company to file my *** before they made it unnecessary

I used this company to file my *** before they made it unnecessary. They mentioned that since I only had income from ***, I would need to pay fees for filing. I sent them an email to inquire if there was a free alternative. They replied saying there wasn't. Consequently, I paid the fee, but my file got rejected. I sent them another email expressing my dissatisfaction, feeling like I got scammed. It's funny how they promptly responded to my fee inquiry but ignored my complaint. I feel like I wasted nearly $50.

J
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

E-File.com I decided to try e-file.com, LLC for my tax filing needs

I decided to try e-file.com, LLC for my tax filing needs. They took my money right away, but unfortunately, my forms were rejected by the IRS. When I spoke with their customer service, they informed me that I would not be able to proceed with their service. I tried calling them, but there was no phone service available. So, I had to email them to request a refund since I wouldn't be able to use their service. However, they are refusing to provide me with a refund. They are attempting to charge me for something that I cannot utilize. I wonder how many other individuals they have treated in this manner. I am requesting a full refund of $73.99.

Is E-File.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals E-File.com as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, E-File.com stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering E-File.com should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

E-File.com earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: E-File.com achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

E-File.com has received 3 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

E-File.com has registered the domain name for e-file.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Our scan shows E-File.com website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

E-file.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

E-file.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with E-File.com, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

Several positive reviews for E-File.com have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

E-File.com website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• E-File.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

E-File.com On [protected], I filed my taxes with e-file and they asked me to put in my debit card number to pay for it

On [protected], I filed my taxes with e-file and they asked me to put in my debit card number to pay for it. But guess what? After I paid the whopping $57.98, they had the nerve to tell me that I needed to include my 2020 AGI. Like, why couldn't they tell me that before I forked over my hard-earned cash? So, I called their service number *** and they had the audacity to say that since the payment went through, I couldn't get a refund. Can you believe it? I then asked for the home office number, but she had the nerve to say she didn't have one to give me. Seriously, why did they take my money without giving me all the info? I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks

W

E-File.com I filed my 2019 taxes thinking it was the authorized website

I filed my 2019 taxes thinking it was the authorized website. My return was sent on February 26. I emailed them specifically to ask about the status of my funds. They refused to answer my question and instead told me they couldn't provide a status check on someone else's account, which wasn't what I asked. They also charged me $35.00, even though I was told it was free. I agreed to pay anyway. My return amount is $894.96, sent on February 26. I want my money. It was sent supposedly to someone else's account, not my own that I entered. I found that out when I had to verify my identity with them. I won't use them again now that I found the real efile.

Overview of E-File.com customer experience

E-File.com, unfortunately, has garnered numerous consumer complaints, highlighting several concerning issues. Users have expressed dissatisfaction with the platform's customer service, citing unresponsiveness and lack of assistance. Many customers have reported technical glitches and errors during the filing process, leading to frustration and wasted time. Additionally, E-File.com has faced criticism for its hidden fees and misleading pricing structure, leaving users feeling deceived. The platform's lack of transparency and unclear instructions have also been major pain points for consumers. Overall, these negative aspects of E-File.com have resulted in a disappointing user experience, making it a less reliable choice for online filing.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

E-File.com contacts