WhirlpoolI hate this stupid thing

I am just so angry about this brand new $2000 plus combination oven and microwave I could just scream. I have never had occasion to replace one of these, so I had no idea the 'questions' to ask--but bet you would never think to ask this either. "Does the oven make noise while you cook?" No, one would never know to ask this--but now you know. There is a fan that runs the entire time you use this oven. NO, it is not a convection oven. It is a regular oven with what is known as "Accubake." As soon as you turn the oven on, on comes a fan. A fan which not only makes noise but blows hot air out of the top and out of the bottom of the oven. Lovely. After you turn off the oven, the fan continues to blow until the oven is completely cooled off. I am talking OVEN and not MICROWAVE. That I would expect to "hear" - but an oven? Never. I called Whirlpool the 2nd day after installation-they said this is normal and ALL wall ovens now do this. They all have fans. A 'safety feature' for idiots who have left their ovens on and warped their cabinets, etc. Be sure you do not buy a wall oven (or any oven maybe?) without having a demonstration first. Buyer BEWARE. This is one annoying design flaw if ever there was one and I am STUCK STUCK STUCK with what I call the "singing oven." I was forced to give up my other combin. one because the microwave died. I miss it every time I turn this stupid thing on.

• Whirlpool's response · May 18, 2012

Hello Jude Lindquist. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher and washer. I see from your previous contact that you no longer have the dishwasher. I am sorry that you had to replace it. If you would like us to look into the washer issue further, please contact us at [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Jul 23, 2012

Hello, Mr. Haubner: My name is Melanie, and I am representative with Whirlpool. I am sorry that you have not received the filters you have ordered. If you would please provide your phone number, address, address where the filters were to be shipped to, the model and serial number of the refrigerator (to verify the right part numbers), we would be happy to look further into your order concerns. Please include this reference number, 2223341, so I can follow up with your better. Thank you, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 06, 2012

Hello. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your APPLIANCE. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (mcarthurdw), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 13, 2012

Hello mcarthurdw. Since I do not know your real name, I cannot say if I have received your email or not. Please resend me an email with the following information:
    Name:
    Phone Number:
    Address:
    Model Number:
    Serial Number:
    User ID Name (mcarthurdw)
    If I do not have this information, I will not respond in a timely manner. Thank you, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 20, 2012

Hello mcarthur. I receive your information, and I understand you have been in contact with our specialty department regarding this matter. You will need to contact them with any further concerns. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ki
    KitKat1992 Apr 21, 2015

I hate my new oven too!!! The broiler shuts down before my nachos are done, I HATE THIS OVEN!! I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU!!

• Sh
    Shadoweddancer Apr 04, 2015

I sooooooo agree with your comment. I just paid 2, 000 dollars and what I got was a piece of garbage. Never heard oven noise like this. Everyone told me that Whirlpool was better than Kenmore or GE and I should have done more research. So cheaply made that I want to cry and I was told this is the best that a middle income person can afford. I replaced a twenty year old Whirlpool oven/microwave combo that was built so much better than this because the inner glass of my oven broke. The microwave hadn't worked for years. Now am also STUCK with this noisy piece of crap. Even my cat runs for the hills when I'm baking something. I am so sick of big corporations selling us garbage and it seems like there is nothing we can do about it. You complain to the company, your representatives in congress and NOBODY is listening!!! Greed is ruining this country!

• Lt
    ltlcid Jan 25, 2015

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my Whirlpool hot water heater. After contacting Whirlpool, and not getting anything other than replacement parts. I bought a Rheem and installed as replacement. The sad part is that the controls that seems to be the problem are identical Honeywell controls. Whirlpool called back and issued a return authority number. I returned the Whirlpool to Lowes and they gave me a refund gift card for the full amount. I could not find my original receipt. Happy to get something, considering the aggravation that the faulty unit caused.

• Je
    Jerome A Jan 03, 2015

My three month old $2, 000 combination microwave-oven works a fine, its the just the details that stink. for example:
    There is no way to turn off the turntable. Yes! a crappy $40 microwave can do this, but not this one,
    Liquid got into the middle of the door window. You can't open it up to clean, they want to send a technician to clean that up so you can actually see through the window. How much? $150.
    How was it possible that Whirlpool did not adequately seal the glass?
    They don't care, and don't care about how it looks.

• St
    Stephanie Wilson Feb 05, 2014

My husband I and I are 100% dissatisfied with our Whirlpool double oven. The oven fans are so loud, it is distracting/annoying during cooking and dinner parties. What's more, the loud, horrible noise fan remains on for 30+ minutes while the oven cools. The oven also vibrates to a terrible degree, causing even more of an annoyance/distraction. Beyond that, the oven performance is sub par. It does not perform half as well as the GE oven I used to have. We have never been so disgusted with a product and the customer service associated with it. I will never purchase a Whirlpool product as long as I live. I will never recommend this brand to family, friends or co-workers.

• Do
    Doreen Dunlap Aug 12, 2013

Service people are rude n not repair people. There office is also rude n they make you wait all day n never show up. Buy a different brand so you dont run into these problems. Did more damage to fridge n said upon leaving, guess we will be getting another call. Nice ha. A n E is a joke. Wake up Lowes.

• Je
    jerry wilhite sr Nov 26, 2012

purchased a combo of stove and above stove microwave, twice now handle has melted on microwave. Store basically told me to sue them.

mcarthurdw Aug 20, 2012

Yes they contacted me.
    They told me where I could stick the washer!
    Way to lose a customer for life Whirlpool!
    And you know where you can stick your Whirlpool products!

mcarthurdw Aug 13, 2012

I sent you that specific information in my email from [email protected] to [email protected], you may also obtain that same information from the complaint I filed with the Better Business Bureau [email protected], Case#[protected](Ref#37-21945-[protected]-3-225) which was filed on on July 31, 2012. And I might add, to which Whirlpool has yet to respond.

mcarthurdw Aug 08, 2012

So I email Melanie at the address above and big surprise, not a word back. I guess it time to call the Junk man to come pick up the rubbish. Let this be a lesson to us all, NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WHIRLPOOL! You may as well flush you money down the toilet.

mcarthurdw Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone else find it odd that "Melanie" answered the same issue on multiple appliances with exactly the same words? Click on the link Wp2008 above. This is a form letter or a robot.

mcarthurdw Aug 02, 2012

Once upon a time Whirlpool produced great products. That was long ago. Today Whirlpool is the top producer of crap products, that are over price and are well known to fail after the warranty runs out. In my case it's a Cabrio washing machine with the F51 error, the control board. If you google this error, you will find that thousands of Cabrio owners have the problem. You will also find that Whirlpool does not give a damn. The Cabrio sells for around $500, the repair cost $400, and a one year warranty cost $360. Anyway you look at it you lose.
    I hope the scrap yard will give me $50 or so for the Cabrio, because there is no way in Hell I am going to pay Whirlpool, damn near the new price of the washer to fix it. Even if I did, how long until it breaks yet again. Interestingly, I have a Sears Kenmore washer, I bought used for $100 back five years ago, the Cabrio was to replace it, well the Cabrio is scrap and the Kenmore still runs like new. I did file a complaint about the Cabrio with the Better Business Bureau, I'm sure Whirlpool doesn't care, but I encourage others with Whirlpool junk to do the same. At least when they get an "F" grade from the Better Business Bureau, it will be a warning to our fellow consumers. There not much else you can do, Whirlpool will not stand behind their products, so if you own any, get rid of them ASAP, and then join me in a life time boycott of all Whirlpool products, and please, please, please, tell your friends and neighbors to join in the boycott. Friends don't let friends buy Whirlpool.

JOSEPH HAUBNER Jul 20, 2012

WE ORDERED TWO WATER FILTERS.3 WEEKS AGO. THEY CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD AND WE DID NOT RECIEVE THEM .THEY SAY THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF .AN ORDER

• Ju
    Jude Lindquist May 09, 2012

Not only did the Whirlpool dishwasher totally break seven months after I moved in (it wasn't used in the two years my home was on the market before I bought it so it wasn't under warranty), but I have holes in my clothes from the magnificent Whirlpool washing machine. I use the Hand Wash cycle...and it beats them up. Thank you, Whirpool, for not one, but TWO terrible products.

• Da
    Dairell Davis Jul 06, 2011

• Ba
    barbara zipf Jun 04, 2011

We purchased a refrigerator -whirlpool model # g17fvcxxyy- in december of 2010...problem...ice cube container in door keeps on lumping up the cubes and makes it impossible to despense...We would NEVER recommend this style to anyone again, and the salesperson/store did not explain..this problem..we use a lot ice and are very disappointed in this product...we purchased this item at Loews in Kahalulu, HI

barbara zipf

• Ok
    okierick Mar 22, 2011

Our $1200 refrigerator developed cracks on the shelves two weeks apart. The appliance was 18 months old and out of warranty. We were looking to purchase new shelves and hoped they might give a discount. They did not. This will be the last whirlpool we buy.

• Hi
    Hiliane Mar 21, 2011

Eleven days and I was still charged over $140 for warranty on a washing machine. The service tech says its a money making racket the way they are doing business now.

• Wa
    Water heater helper Mar 15, 2011

Sorry to see you're having problems! Can you contact me directly so I can help?
    www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com/help
    Thanks ~ Chris

• Ob
    Obie Nevels Mar 14, 2011

Whirlpool natural gas hot water heater..one word, junk
    Service: two words, rude and useless
    Feedback: I will never own another Whirlpool device, my previous water heater(Rheem) lasted 12 years with no problems.. This Whirlpool unit is less than 2 years old and is being replaced today..Warrany or no warranty I want it out of my house...

SANDI54 Mar 11, 2011

purchased an electric dryer LESS than 2 years ago, it now does NOT work AT ALL ... and whilpool wants ME to pay 125 to see what the problem is ... had a dryer NOT whirlpool, lasted 19 years .. and THIS whilpool purchased was NOT cheap .. guess china and mexico screwed this on up big time !!! WILL NEVER RECOMEND OR PURCHASE AND WHILPOOL OR THEIR KNOCKOFFS AGAIN !!!

• Pi
    Piloss Mar 02, 2011

I purchased a washing machine from Whirlpool. I was informed by the retailer that I would get a welcome kit.

But I still now -- after 2 months -- have not received the kit. I did call the customer care the person. She told me, "I am busy I'll call you later".

I was shocked!

• St
    Steviepittsley Mar 01, 2011

The Top of my Ceramic Kitchen stove keeps Cracking. This is the fourth time it has cracked. The first two were under warranty, but now it costingme money . It is NOT from anything being dropped on it : Its from overheating, I think . Its always the same Burner, and it actually burns a Hole in the Ceramics !

• Pl
    Plavinsse Feb 22, 2011

It runs about 50 percent of the the time and getting unbearable with the noise. Who needs this much noise when you are trying to relax and have a bite or talk with company and friends?

A kitchen is a gathering place in a lot of homes. Looks like I'll be shopping for another fridge. It will not be Whirlpool. What a waste of money.

• Me
    Megg Jan 31, 2011

One day after the original warranty expired, the washer did too. It made a sound similar to a garbage compactor. (1) The pump crashed. (2) The computer went "belley-up" !3) Thermostat fizzled. (4) Element burned out. (5) Basket deteriorated. (6) Repairman is now confused and is not sure WHAT the problem is now, (he will return at 3:00 for a re-evaluation.Will update you later. Stay tuned.

Sanjeev Kumar Jha Dec 09, 2010

EVEN AFTER 7 DAYS OF PURCHASE OF WHIRLPOOL MICRO WAVE, NOBODY FROM THE COMPANY SERVICE CENTRE HAS VISITED FOR A DEMO OF THE APPLIANCE.

• Lo
    Lori0 Nov 22, 2010

Like many MANY others I have had nothing but problems with my Whirlpool water heater I bought at Lowe's. We have replaced the thermocouple three times, and for some reason Whirlpool thinks it is ok just to give you a part that you have to install on your own. If this were a car they wouldn't be able to get away with it. Why is Lowe's allowed to keep selling these when SOOOOO many people file formal complaints???

• Ku
    kunal kumar sinha Sep 13, 2010

i made a complaint on 23-8-10. more than 15 days have passed and the washing
    machine has not got repaired. last time they took two months to repair. my
    current call no is HD0810012984. Is any one listening at whirpool international.?

• In
    Indisputed Sep 02, 2010

I called in at Whirlpool looking for one of the sales consultants, and to my surprise a very aggresive, rude and bitter somebody answered the phone(switchboard) what a disgrace doesnt even ask if u mind holding where is her telephone ettiqutte i work in a call centre and this behaviour is unacceptable shame on u there is people out there that needs jobs why dont u go sit at home and work on ur mothers nerves and get some manners!!!

• Kr
    Krimane Aug 04, 2010

After starting refrigerator, compressor start with huge noise, we have shown to your customer care engineers, He says this new technologies, with huge noise. pl confirm this technicaly right or wrong.

• Mr
    Mr. Laxmi chand khatri May 11, 2010

whirlpool home appliances are not work properly. I have a refrigrator and washing machine which was not working just after warranty period

anand rao Jan 04, 2010

we brought a whirlpool washing machine on december 7 2009. demo person did n't come to our house till now i.e jan 4 2010

shop: sono vision
    state:andhra pradesh
    city:vijayawada

• Mo
    Mohanababu.A.V Dec 25, 2009

we brought a new sensation neo washing machine of capacity 5kg.Now it is not working.The service engineer says that the shaft on the cyllinder is broken, so the cyllinder is failed. he also says that the machine has to repair but the spare partis not available. we want to get it repaired as early as possible. since both of us are employed we have no time to wash without a washing machine.we have a great expectation on WHIRLPOOL and their timely assistance. so we hope you will do the needfull as early as possible. Thanking you in anticipation, Mohanababu.A.V

Akkam veettil house
    mob;[protected]
    land phone;[protected]

• El
    elvisfan56 Dec 22, 2009

we bought a whirlpool waterheater two years ago, it went out, whirlpool replaced it but we hyad to pay to have it put in. I'ts not our fault it went out.they should have paid to have it put in too! we are on a fixed income this does not help our situation any, please resolve, we should get our money back for the labor!

• Ra
    RAVI CHANDRATRE Dec 20, 2009

I PURCHASE A WHIRLPOOL WASHING MACHINE ON 17/10/2009
    AT THAT TIME IN SCRACH CARD SCHEME I GOT MICOWAVE OVEN BUT IT WAS NOT STILL RECEIVED
    SURESH CHANDRATRE
    [protected]

• sir we have purchased a whirlpool microven on 26-10-2009 since than we had calling the customer care for showing us the DEMO for the product. till date that is 29-10-2009 no one has turned to our place(bangalore) to show us the demo. they keep delaying telling that we will come tomorrow or within one hour.

• De
    deependra.mnit Sep 12, 2009

i have a complain against WHIRLPOOL faulty service to the refrigerator which i puchase 7 months back.
    just after purchase fridge is showing lot of manufacturing defects like water leakage, not sufficient cooling etc
    i have complain about it to the customer care of the WHIRLPOOL but they r not giving proper response to our complain

• Lm
    lmwilson Aug 01, 2009

WARNING---do not buy a Whirlpool water heater. I have one that was new in 10/07 with a 6 year warranty. I have had nothing but problems, from my pilot light going out on more than one occasion to now it is leaking from underneath... and of course I have no hot water AGAIN!!!

• Li
    Linda Hodges57 Jul 16, 2009

My landlords have replaced a 40 gal whirlpool bought from Lowe's and evryone that has been replaced has gone out and started leaking water. Constantly heating since water is leaking out of tank. This is the 4th one in 2yrs...I have to pay the water and electric used when these tanks go out not to mention the aggravation of having to bother my landlords.

• 2 YEAR OLD MAYTAG DISHWASHER CIRCUIT BOARD AND HANDLE BROKE. PARTS FOR CIRCUIT BOARD ARE ON BACK ORDER IT HAS BEEN A WEEK AND STILL NO PART. THE MAYTAG REPAIR MAN IS NO LONGER LONELY SINCE WHIRLPOOL TOOK OVER. WITH WHAT WE PAID FOR THE DISHWASHER AND THE REPAIR WE COULD OF BOUGHT A BOSCH. THE BOTTOM LINE WHIRLPOOLS ARE BUILT TO FAIL. QUITE OBVIOUSLY, EVERYONE THAT OWNS ONE MUST NEED THE PART. LIVE AND LEARN.