[Resolved] Whirlpool — I hate this stupid thing
I am just so angry about this brand new $2000 plus combination oven and microwave I could just scream. I have never had occasion to replace one of these, so I had no idea the 'questions' to ask--but bet you would never think to ask this either. "Does the oven make noise while you cook?" No, one would never know to ask this--but now you know. There is a fan that runs the entire time you use this oven. NO, it is not a convection oven. It is a regular oven with what is known as "Accubake." As soon as you turn the oven on, on comes a fan. A fan which not only makes noise but blows hot air out of the top and out of the bottom of the oven. Lovely. After you turn off the oven, the fan continues to blow until the oven is completely cooled off. I am talking OVEN and not MICROWAVE. That I would expect to "hear" - but an oven? Never. I called Whirlpool the 2nd day after installation-they said this is normal and ALL wall ovens now do this. They all have fans. A 'safety feature' for idiots who have left their ovens on and warped their cabinets, etc. Be sure you do not buy a wall oven (or any oven maybe?) without having a demonstration first. Buyer BEWARE. This is one annoying design flaw if ever there was one and I am STUCK STUCK STUCK with what I call the "singing oven." I was forced to give up my other combin. one because the microwave died. I miss it every time I turn this stupid thing on.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks!
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers
- Whirlpool - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday!
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective!
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products