[Resolved] WhirlpoolI hate this stupid thing

I am just so angry about this brand new $2000 plus combination oven and microwave I could just scream. I have never had occasion to replace one of these, so I had no idea the 'questions' to ask--but bet you would never think to ask this either. "Does the oven make noise while you cook?" No, one would never know to ask this--but now you know. There is a fan that runs the entire time you use this oven. NO, it is not a convection oven. It is a regular oven with what is known as "Accubake." As soon as you turn the oven on, on comes a fan. A fan which not only makes noise but blows hot air out of the top and out of the bottom of the oven. Lovely. After you turn off the oven, the fan continues to blow until the oven is completely cooled off. I am talking OVEN and not MICROWAVE. That I would expect to "hear" - but an oven? Never. I called Whirlpool the 2nd day after installation-they said this is normal and ALL wall ovens now do this. They all have fans. A 'safety feature' for idiots who have left their ovens on and warped their cabinets, etc. Be sure you do not buy a wall oven (or any oven maybe?) without having a demonstration first. Buyer BEWARE. This is one annoying design flaw if ever there was one and I am STUCK STUCK STUCK with what I call the "singing oven." I was forced to give up my other combin. one because the microwave died. I miss it every time I turn this stupid thing on.

• Whirlpool's response · May 18, 2012

Hello Jude Lindquist. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher and washer. I see from your previous contact that you no longer have the dishwasher. I am sorry that you had to replace it. If you would like us to look into the washer issue further, please contact us at [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Jul 23, 2012

Hello, Mr. Haubner: My name is Melanie, and I am representative with Whirlpool. I am sorry that you have not received the filters you have ordered. If you would please provide your phone number, address, address where the filters were to be shipped to, the model and serial number of the refrigerator (to verify the right part numbers), we would be happy to look further into your order concerns. Please include this reference number, 2223341, so I can follow up with your better. Thank you, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 06, 2012

Hello. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your APPLIANCE. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (mcarthurdw), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 13, 2012

Hello mcarthurdw. Since I do not know your real name, I cannot say if I have received your email or not. Please resend me an email with the following information:
    Name:
    Phone Number:
    Address:
    Model Number:
    Serial Number:
    User ID Name (mcarthurdw)
    If I do not have this information, I will not respond in a timely manner. Thank you, Melanie.

• Whirlpool's response · Aug 20, 2012

Hello mcarthur. I receive your information, and I understand you have been in contact with our specialty department regarding this matter. You will need to contact them with any further concerns. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Wa
    Warren Ballard Aug 25, 2007

Repairman came out---Found problem in approx. 10 min. Had to replace a 49.93 fan. and charged $183.00 labor. that took him about 10 min. to rplace

• Sh
    Shilpa Kumar Sep 11, 2007

Hi

I bought FP 65 in April 25 2007 its not working properly due to some spinning problem. I have made complaint twice but still i am getting same problem. Please kindly look into this matter.

Thanks
    Shilpa Kumar

• Ni
    Nitesh Rai Sep 13, 2007

Bought 250 ltr fridge. Started giving problems very soon after it was purchased. Keep calling their service desk and there are no one to responds. The experience has been so bad that I have no option but to lodge a complaint in the consumer forum.

Maj Gen G C Bhandari Apr 15, 2008

401 Shiv Sagar Appartments
    56 Residency Road
    Jodhpur

Sir,

I bought a Whirlpool Ice Magic S 36 refregator through the Canteen Stores Departments vide order no OR 130406960 DT 16-07-2004. Ever since then its sensor has not been functioning satisfactorily and your approved machinics has been coming right from the beginning and doing nothing on the plea that the component is not available. Having being fed up for so long, I have being constraint to approach u to interveen in the matter and do the needful. I am sure that with your high reputation my agony will not prolong. kindly inquire in the matter and get over indolence of your staff both at Jodhpur and Jaipur who have been constantly been approached.

Thanking you in anticipation of the above,

Maj. Gen GC Bhandari

• Me
    Meenakshi Syed Apr 23, 2008

I bought a 6.5 KG Front Load Washing which is whirlpool Sensation Elite. Absolutely name does not replicate the functionality of the machine. I have spent Rs. 22000 on Jan 2007, within a month the machine has programming fault and display a door lock error after the pre-wash. Inspite of repeated complaints the technician could not solve the problem. I just managed to everytime reprogram it after pre-wash... wash... rinsing I used to do with hands and then program it for spinning. Then finally I got a replacement in the month of Nov 2007. The new machine had more problems... Door Lock Error, Loud Noise while spinning and my course of action for getting another machine started. This seems to be a never ending story. Later in the month of July 2008 I got a replacement of an upgraded version of the same machine Named PROFESSIONAL 6.5 Kg. Its just the model name change but the problems are still the same. On the day of installation itself the door was not fitting and digital display was throwing door lock error. So beware not to buy any product of Whirlpool and after sales service is least expected.

Jack May 28, 2008

Why in the world do you make it so hard to register a dish washer I just bought -- I am unable to find the site

• Aj
    Ajay K. Singh Jul 08, 2008

Complaint was lodged regarding a crack in the body of the refrigerator produced by Whirlpool around a month ago. Nothing in this regard has yet been done, though I got a customer ID too, through which, I recomplained and again complained, but to avail... pathetic service.

saif Jul 10, 2008

Always problem with whirlpool service. They never respond to the customers and they bothered once the goods is sold. For any company customer care should be to the customer helpful or else its a waste of time giving pressure to their sales department.

• Po
    Pondicherry customer Jul 26, 2008

We were complaining the service desk for repairing my washing machine (in the warranty period). Its being 2 months, but till now there is response from any of the respective executives. Worst service for WhirlPool products in Pondicherry and its nearest places, making everybody here to think about buying whirlpool products.

• Pr
    Prabhat satija Aug 19, 2008

I Purchase a Whirlpool Microwave & sales person give a Promise that they send a person and give the demo of Microwave. Now it a month ago nobody was come.

• At
    Atul Aug 24, 2008

I have also bought the same model.. since I bought I am running with endless probelms. Service is pathetic. NEVER buy this junk washing machine.

• Ss
    s.souzatta Sep 16, 2008

We brought whirlpool washing fully automatic machine model f4.5 in 2002. Now it is not working. The service engineer says the breaks that controls the cylinder has failed. He also states that the model has been modified and the spare parts are not available. If we can't go with the machine for more than 5-6 years, then what is the use in buying the branded appliances.

Sandra Daily Oct 06, 2008

Purchase a Whirlpool hot water heater from Lowes with Flamelock. Why do they continue to sale a product that does not work. They push the 15 year warranty. However I am on my third repair on the hot water heater that is not a year old.

• Vi
    Vignesh Oct 16, 2008

Hi,

I purchased Whirlpool 6th sense-Sensation-Elite Model (Front Loading Machine) on June 26th 2008.I would like to share my experience regarding Whirlpool service. On the first demo of the machine we found that the door lock LED was not glowing after 15 min of starting the machine. I told about that problem to the service man. By calling him on phone for 15 days, he told us that we want to change the entire panel board. He took up to 1 month to change the panel. After that change, the problem was not vanished. Then i called to the senior service man and informed about the worst service and the problem. Then he came for a solution to replace the machine, It took 2 months from the date of purchase to replace it. After that struggle, we used the machine for just one month, again we got another major problem-Outlet water leakage in the machine. I had lodged a complaint with their customer care about water leakage (Outlet water was leaking outside of the machine). 25days and still no being has attended the call or bothered to inform. I have till date followed it up to 25-30 times with the customer care centre (this is the only face they have for service, no local service centre contact details are available anywhere). The customer care executives promptly utter what has been taught to them and add another counter to the already register call. They commit that some of their "SENIORS" will communicate back but that commitment is never fulfilled. I can name few of the customer care executives and their seniors but it will be of no use as it is not their fault. They are victims of a bigger corporate policies and strategies. Still i didn't get the good reply from the service man.

My strong suggestion is don’t go for any Whirlpool products.

• El
    Ellen Oct 28, 2008

Luckily we have a friend who is a plumber. When we read all the garbage on the internet AFTER trust the salesman at Lowe's, we ripped out the Whirlpool junk and took it back to Lowes. We stood in the front of the store with the heater and a stack of these kinds of blogs from the internet. While the guy in the plumbing department told us they were on a recall (we found out later there was a class action lawsuit filed on them) when we went to buy a new thermocouple, the store manager acted like she had no idea. We did get a refund. I will not shop at Lowes again.

• Pr
    Pradeep Vaghela Nov 11, 2008

I have been complaining about the broken door of my refridgerator since 1 year now but the company is unable to give proper service also I have spent lot of money in just contacting and launching my complaint. I would have launced the complaint atleast 3 times and they have a real laid back attitude.

• 2 YEAR OLD MAYTAG DISHWASHER CIRCUIT BOARD AND HANDLE BROKE. PARTS FOR CIRCUIT BOARD ARE ON BACK ORDER IT HAS BEEN A WEEK AND STILL NO PART. THE MAYTAG REPAIR MAN IS NO LONGER LONELY SINCE WHIRLPOOL TOOK OVER. WITH WHAT WE PAID FOR THE DISHWASHER AND THE REPAIR WE COULD OF BOUGHT A BOSCH. THE BOTTOM LINE WHIRLPOOLS ARE BUILT TO FAIL. QUITE OBVIOUSLY, EVERYONE THAT OWNS ONE MUST NEED THE PART. LIVE AND LEARN.

• Li
    Linda Hodges57 Jul 16, 2009

My landlords have replaced a 40 gal whirlpool bought from Lowe's and evryone that has been replaced has gone out and started leaking water. Constantly heating since water is leaking out of tank. This is the 4th one in 2yrs...I have to pay the water and electric used when these tanks go out not to mention the aggravation of having to bother my landlords.

• Lm
    lmwilson Aug 01, 2009

WARNING---do not buy a Whirlpool water heater. I have one that was new in 10/07 with a 6 year warranty. I have had nothing but problems, from my pilot light going out on more than one occasion to now it is leaking from underneath... and of course I have no hot water AGAIN!!!

• De
    deependra.mnit Sep 12, 2009

i have a complain against WHIRLPOOL faulty service to the refrigerator which i puchase 7 months back.
    just after purchase fridge is showing lot of manufacturing defects like water leakage, not sufficient cooling etc
    i have complain about it to the customer care of the WHIRLPOOL but they r not giving proper response to our complain

• sir we have purchased a whirlpool microven on 26-10-2009 since than we had calling the customer care for showing us the DEMO for the product. till date that is 29-10-2009 no one has turned to our place(bangalore) to show us the demo. they keep delaying telling that we will come tomorrow or within one hour.

• Ra
    RAVI CHANDRATRE Dec 20, 2009

I PURCHASE A WHIRLPOOL WASHING MACHINE ON 17/10/2009
    AT THAT TIME IN SCRACH CARD SCHEME I GOT MICOWAVE OVEN BUT IT WAS NOT STILL RECEIVED
    SURESH CHANDRATRE

• El
    elvisfan56 Dec 22, 2009

we bought a whirlpool waterheater two years ago, it went out, whirlpool replaced it but we hyad to pay to have it put in. I'ts not our fault it went out.they should have paid to have it put in too! we are on a fixed income this does not help our situation any, please resolve, we should get our money back for the labor!

• Mo
    Mohanababu.A.V Dec 25, 2009

we brought a new sensation neo washing machine of capacity 5kg.Now it is not working.The service engineer says that the shaft on the cyllinder is broken, so the cyllinder is failed. he also says that the machine has to repair but the spare partis not available. we want to get it repaired as early as possible. since both of us are employed we have no time to wash without a washing machine.we have a great expectation on WHIRLPOOL and their timely assistance. so we hope you will do the needfull as early as possible. Thanking you in anticipation, Mohanababu.A.V

Akkam veettil house
    Puthuppanam po
    Vatakara
    kozhikkode district
    kerala state
    mob;9495665188
    land phone;04962522275

anand rao Jan 04, 2010

we brought a whirlpool washing machine on december 7 2009. demo person did n't come to our house till now i.e jan 4 2010

shop: sono vision
    state:andhra pradesh
    city:vijayawada

• Mr
    Mr. Laxmi chand khatri May 11, 2010

whirlpool home appliances are not work properly. I have a refrigrator and washing machine which was not working just after warranty period

• Kr
    Krimane Aug 04, 2010

After starting refrigerator, compressor start with huge noise, we have shown to your customer care engineers, He says this new technologies, with huge noise. pl confirm this technicaly right or wrong.

• In
    Indisputed Sep 02, 2010

I called in at Whirlpool looking for one of the sales consultants, and to my surprise a very aggresive, rude and bitter somebody answered the phone(switchboard) what a disgrace doesnt even ask if u mind holding where is her telephone ettiqutte i work in a call centre and this behaviour is unacceptable shame on u there is people out there that needs jobs why dont u go sit at home and work on ur mothers nerves and get some manners!!!

• Ku
    kunal kumar sinha Sep 13, 2010

i made a complaint on 23-8-10. more than 15 days have passed and the washing
    machine has not got repaired. last time they took two months to repair. my
    current call no is HD0810012984. Is any one listening at whirpool international.?

• Lo
    Lori0 Nov 22, 2010

Like many MANY others I have had nothing but problems with my Whirlpool water heater I bought at Lowe's. We have replaced the thermocouple three times, and for some reason Whirlpool thinks it is ok just to give you a part that you have to install on your own. If this were a car they wouldn't be able to get away with it. Why is Lowe's allowed to keep selling these when SOOOOO many people file formal complaints???

Sanjeev Kumar Jha Dec 09, 2010

EVEN AFTER 7 DAYS OF PURCHASE OF WHIRLPOOL MICRO WAVE, NOBODY FROM THE COMPANY SERVICE CENTRE HAS VISITED FOR A DEMO OF THE APPLIANCE.

• Me
    Megg Jan 31, 2011

One day after the original warranty expired, the washer did too. It made a sound similar to a garbage compactor. (1) The pump crashed. (2) The computer went "belley-up" !3) Thermostat fizzled. (4) Element burned out. (5) Basket deteriorated. (6) Repairman is now confused and is not sure WHAT the problem is now, (he will return at 3:00 for a re-evaluation.Will update you later. Stay tuned.

• Pl
    Plavinsse Feb 22, 2011

It runs about 50 percent of the the time and getting unbearable with the noise. Who needs this much noise when you are trying to relax and have a bite or talk with company and friends?

A kitchen is a gathering place in a lot of homes. Looks like I'll be shopping for another fridge. It will not be Whirlpool. What a waste of money.

• St
    Steviepittsley Mar 01, 2011

The Top of my Ceramic Kitchen stove keeps Cracking. This is the fourth time it has cracked. The first two were under warranty, but now it costingme money . It is NOT from anything being dropped on it : Its from overheating, I think . Its always the same Burner, and it actually burns a Hole in the Ceramics !

• Pi
    Piloss Mar 02, 2011

I purchased a washing machine from Whirlpool. I was informed by the retailer that I would get a welcome kit.

But I still now -- after 2 months -- have not received the kit. I did call the customer care the person. She told me, "I am busy I'll call you later".

I was shocked!

SANDI54 Mar 11, 2011

purchased an electric dryer LESS than 2 years ago, it now does NOT work AT ALL ... and whilpool wants ME to pay 125 to see what the problem is ... had a dryer NOT whirlpool, lasted 19 years .. and THIS whilpool purchased was NOT cheap .. guess china and mexico screwed this on up big time !!! WILL NEVER RECOMEND OR PURCHASE AND WHILPOOL OR THEIR KNOCKOFFS AGAIN !!!

• Ob
    Obie Nevels Mar 14, 2011

Whirlpool natural gas hot water heater..one word, junk
    Service: two words, rude and useless
    Feedback: I will never own another Whirlpool device, my previous water heater(Rheem) lasted 12 years with no problems.. This Whirlpool unit is less than 2 years old and is being replaced today..Warrany or no warranty I want it out of my house...

• Wa
    Water heater helper Mar 15, 2011

Sorry to see you're having problems! Can you contact me directly so I can help?
    www.whirlpoolwaterheaters.com/help
    Thanks ~ Chris

• Hi
    Hiliane Mar 21, 2011

Eleven days and I was still charged over $140 for warranty on a washing machine. The service tech says its a money making racket the way they are doing business now.

• Ok
    okierick Mar 22, 2011

Our $1200 refrigerator developed cracks on the shelves two weeks apart. The appliance was 18 months old and out of warranty. We were looking to purchase new shelves and hoped they might give a discount. They did not. This will be the last whirlpool we buy.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices