Having problems with Asko Appliances?

1800 898 1879 (USA & Canada)
1300 002 756 (Australia)
+64 800 610 457 (New Zealand)
+45 36 721 133 (Denmark)
+358 950 3301 (Finland)
+31 900 543 543 (Netherlands)
Sockerbruksgatan 3, SE-531 40

Ctra. N-II Km 672,20, 08398 Santa Susanna, Barcelona

Ukraine
M. Pimonenka Str. 13, Kiev 0405

China
Ruichen International Center, № 13, South Road, Agricultural Exhibition Hall, Chaoyang District, Beijing 807, 100125

India

Taiwan
8th Floor, № 207-2, Section 3, Beixin Road, Xindian, Xinbei City

Complaints & Reviews

8844XL washing machine

We bought this machine in 2017, 3 mths out of warranty the machine had a catastrophic fail of the strut...

Moorabbin Appliances

asko xl dishwasher

Bought an Asko XL integrated dishwasher from Good Guys in castle hill nsw because my sales person Helen wa...

service

I refer to purchase order AVS-[protected]. Delivery docket [protected]. I purchased a SS Dishwasher D5436S. On...

Company not honouring warranty

I bought a new Asko oven 1 year ago. The product has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty and I bought an...

Sydney Appliances

Washer very dependable. I can count on it leaking!

I replaced my 8 year old stainless Asko washer and dryer and bought a $4, 600.00 white washer model w8844 and...

NOT BUYING ASKO WASHING MACHINE AGAIN

I rang Asko customer care to send me one of their specialised technicians to see if my Asko dish washing...

Sydney Metro Area Appliances

Never buy an ASKO

This is my first and last ASKO product - My dishwasher is less than 7yrs old, has had 2 repairs costing...

I will never purchase another Asko product

Four years ago I purchased an Asko dishwasher for over $1100.00. In August the circuit board blew out because a part called a dirverter failed and caused the circuit board to get wet. When we had the repair done, we noticed the dirverter had been changed to work better. Asko must have known the part was bad otherwise why did they change it? Anyway the repair cost $553.82 including the break the repair man gave us on the parts. In December the pump started leaking. $292.68 to do the repair and the pump has been on backorder since I called to get it fixed on Dec 26th. I called Asko and asked for some consideration as a four year old dishwasher used by a family of 2 should not be costing over $800.00 in repairs so soon. They offered to send a pump when available, and cover it but no labor, but would not credit the one our repairman scrounged up, as they are still on back order. I had explained the repairman was set to do the repair the next day so they knew he had found a pump somewhere. I was orginally told Asko would call me back but they did not, I had to call a week later then e-mail copies of the bills on the dishwasher, then all comunication has been e-mail. I will never purchase another Asko product.

Incompetent repairman

I placed an order with Sears for a repairman in Santa Fe NM for my ASKO dishwasher. A guy from A&E Factory service shows up without calling first (Sears bungled my phone number). He looks at the DW and can´t even find the model number. I had to find the manual to show him. He wasn´t sure where to find the serial number either. He was on the phone for almost an hour trying to find out how and whether he could work on an ASKO DW. Did not even try to look at the motor when the problem was evidently related to the circulating pump.
He decided that that as probably the control board (NOT --it worked fine)--a convenient way to determine that he could not fix the problem.

Customer Care

ASKO's has a USA based customer call center open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We encourage all customers to contact us to discuss potential solutions to their concerns. [protected].

odors on dishes

I replaced a Kitchenaid dishwasher with an Asko in a remodel. The washer cleans food just fine but leaves a strong odor on the dishes and glasses. It smells like fish! I have run dishwasher magic with no results. I ran 2 cups of distilled vinegar through a cycle (recommended by Asko techs) with no results. I hate this machine.

quality and service costs

We moved in 2004 and bought all new appliances. The only Asko product we bought was a dishwasher and I am now...

Caledon Appliances

Terrible quality

I bought an Asko dishwasher after the Bray and Scraff salesman recommending it highly. The dishwasher turned...

Service and Quality

This company is a joke. I purchased an ASKO front loader washing machine Model W6362 Quattro 1600rpm. I...

poor customer service

I purchased an Asko washer/dryer combo in 2006 3 months after purchase the entire circut board melted. after 2 months of hassle I had the unit replaced. Jan 08 the new unit was continually putting water into the dry cycle. then quit working entirely. After 4 service calls the unit still does not dry.
I was told that 3 to 5 hours to dry 2 pair of jeans is normal (on what planet). The company refuses to send anyone to fix it. I have had 2 of these units in less than 2 years they have both quit working. I would not reccommend this companys product to anyone.

• Je
    Jeff Mar 21, 2008

I also have purchsed a ASKO Combo WCAM1812 in 5/07, it worked for about 6 months. now I faced with inadequate service, several computer board replacements, works about a week to back to the same scenario.

Recommendation: DOn't Buy This product...

• Ba
    Bangalorian Jul 01, 2009

I had bought Godrej Fully Automatic Washing machine and is worked for 6 months. After that every 3 months one service is required to replace the barings. Godrej is the worst brand of Washing machine.

Recommendation: DONT BUY GODREJ WASHING MACHINES AT ALL

Poor quality product!

Besides miscellaneous small parts, our dishwasher needed a pump after four years and a control unit—the main circuit board—after eight. The circuit board that failed has been causing fires in the United States, enough fires that Asko have recalled them. However, Asko's North American distributors will not recall them in Canada, although they sell the same models here that they sell there.

Not only will Asko not repair the dishwashers, they charge Canadians nearly twice as much as Americans for the parts. In Canada these cost enough to buy a new dishwasher from Sears with enough money left over to buy dishes to fill it. I sent Asko in Sweden an e-mail describing the situation above. Seven weeks later I received a reply stating only that Asko were forwarding my e-mail to their distributor.

Meanwhile, instead of staring at a broken dishwasher, we asked an American friend to order the parts for us from the distributor, the circuit board plus two other parts that the U.S. distributor told us were part of the recall for our model. One of those parts turned out to be for a different model and the second was superfluous because it was included with the board. The distributor refused to take either of them back. After starting the repair, we found that we also needed two pieces of plastic trim that we bought in Canada for another hundred dollars.

The circuit board came with installation instructions that said to check whether the burned area was near certain components, because this would indicate that some other component had caused the board to fail. The burned area was distant from every component listed, so we installed the new board. Two days later the dishwasher failed again, accompanied by the small of a burning circuit board.

Deplorable customer service!

Warning to anyone considering buying an Asko appliance!!! DO NOT EXPECT ANY ASSISTANCE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! They do not know the meaning of the term!!! I bought a very expensive Asko Washing Machine only 8 years ago and it is a useless piece of crap. Asko claimed the average life span to be 20 years or more. You better hope it lasts half of that, and with no problems, because if you have problems, you are on your own!!!

• Un
    unhappyaskoowner Feb 10, 2011

We have had the same problem, we were part of the Asko recall model 1585 and Asko has basically given us the run around for over 2 months, they tell you they will call you back help you out fix the problem! In our experience this was only half true they did eventually send someone out, but when the part was replaced they broke other parts...goodluck if that happen we have now been waiting another month for them to figure out what to do about the service call and the parts that were broken as they tried to fix the first problem. On of these days a lawyer will catch on they will be part of a class action lawsuit and things maybe will change... until then they will keep giving people the run around.

• As
    ASKO Appliances Sep 21, 2011

ASKO's has a USA based customer call center open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We encourage all customers to contact us to discuss potential solutions to their concerns. 1-800-898-1879.

• Ga
    garbagejunk Feb 11, 2014

I bought a front load washing machine 2 years ago, A year into it and it's got major issues. A SAFETY issue when the door is opened and the machine starts to run. Even with the child lock on, you are able to open the door. I am waiting for a year now to get service. The headquarters in Plano TX which claims to have the service department there is a joke. I spoke with Richard, he is a BS'r. None of the managers that I have left messages for have returned my calls. They do not stand behind their product at all!

I have warned them numerous times, this is a liability but they pretend to be polite and say whatever just to get me off the phone. I have since reported them to the BBB and will contact my credit card company to take further action against them. They should not be in business if they don't stand behind their product.

Worst customer service ever!

ASKO is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE organization for major appliances on this planet. ASKO is a four letter word.

Both our ASKO washer and ASKO dryer have been serviced multiple times; and the dryer continues to have serious problems.

Installed Jan 2004
Oct 11, 2005 washer stops working == Nov 1, 2005 Motor and Belt replaced.
Oct 11, 2005 dryer has no heat == Nov 1, 2005 Motor and Belt replaced.
Nov 30, 2005 washer starts to leak == Feb 16, 2006 Bellows replaced.

• Mi
    Mike Dec 01, 2008

I could not agree more. Customer service guys cannt answer simple question, like how long do you need to process claim. In 1.5 years that we own WCAM 1812 washer/drier combo we had it service once, and now all wiring inside was burned down. The service tech said we are lucky our apartment was not on fire. OVERPRICED and not worth the money look for other brands. and buy GE warranty, much better then manufacturing fake 3yr warranty.

• Ro
    Roooo7 Aug 28, 2018

Fail to clean dishes from new .Four callouts later still not fixed . Have to wash dishes by hand. Not happy with service or dishwasher will buy a different brand in future.
    Service department difficult to contact and rude.

• Kr
    KRober53 Mar 20, 2019

We purchased an ASKO washer and condenser dryer to replace our old Maytags. After a couple of years the dryer belt frayed and broke. Then the washer started leaking. I thought it was the door seal and replaced it but it kept leaking so we called a service technician. That was a big mistake. He did not have a clue what he was doing. He watched the water fill the drum, took the top off, looked at his phone for 15 minutes and after 3 hours had fixed nothing. Then he asked how would you like to pay for this? He was the most unprofessional, obnoxious service person I have dealt with in business or personally. I told him to leave and he did without putting the washer back together. I reassembled it found that he had assembled the door improperly, so I fixed that, ending the leak. Now less than a month later our stacked dryer has started to leak and the water shorted out the washer's control board. Finding competent service and parts in Canada is virtually impossible. No more ASKO products for us.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices