Waste Management [WM] Logo

Waste Management [WM]

Having problems with Waste Management [WM]?

Waste Management [WM] Customer Service Contacts

1001 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas
United States - 77002-6711

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Waste Management [WM] Customer Service. Initial Waste Management [WM] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Waste Management [WM] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Waste Management [WM]. Discuss the issues you have had with Waste Management [WM] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Waste Managementunion workers won't go the extra mile

Waste mgnt did not pick up my green bin for two weeks, I called and they said sticks were were sticking out. My green bins go empty 80% of the year. These union workers need a smack upside the head. when the rest of us are out of work and they have their fat contract but won't make a little extra effort they are making a big lazy mistake. Because when they go up for a bid for the next contract I will make sure they don't get considered.

wm lo Sep 14, 2013

I have worked for waste management for 20 years and I don't know about union workers but I get paid by the hour and for 20 years of service I don't make what people think I do I use to take pride in who I work for but then they came out with new things that cut in to the bottom line a employee can make they stop paying for vacation time not used so there went money for Christmas time and now they took our safety bouns and made them into a point system which isn't worth nothing

I agree

Waste Managementlousy service

I rented a dumpster from waste managment for what was supposed to be eleven days, april 16 to april 26. The dumpster wasn't deliverd on the 16th, which was a friday. When I called to complain, I was told to call back on monday, becouse it was after normal buisness hours. The local office was only a few block away, so I drove by to see if anybody was there, which there was. The guy I talked too said told me I wasn't in their system to get a dumpster deliverd that day, even though I had a reciept showing that I was indead supposed to get one.
    They sent someone out the next morning (saturday) to look at my property, and told me there was no way they could put the dumpster in the driveway, but they could leave it in the street if I had a permit from the city, which I couldn't get untill monday. So I finally got my dumpster 3 days late, and they they did manage to pick it up on time, but there's still the matter of the three days I paid for but didn't get.

Waste Managementstay away

Stay away from this company if you want a better life. Don't sign a contract with this company, or you will be locked forever since it requires you to send a termination letter between 90days to 120 days ahead of time if you don't want to renew your contract, and you know what, majority of people will forget after three years. If you signed a contract or the contract gets automatically renewed and you forget to canacel it, you will end up paying six months' liquidation damage (what is that?) if you want to terminate the service.

wmbil10 Apr 21, 2011

Please all of you contact me. I hate their service. One quarter there was no past due amount, January of 2011 I get a bill that charges the current due amount no problem on my credit card, but then all of a sudden there is a past due amount. Then a few weeks later the reinstatement fee. Nothing in the mail. The only reason I knew is because all of a sudden I was getting an email confirmation for over 120 dollars, bill normally around 90, and then I am being charged separately 38. Then again this month. Funny how all payments are going through without any change to my credit profile. I am calling tomorrow but from past experience it isn't going to be fun. I am going to get an audio recording this time. I setup an email in hope of getting responses to build a profile to fight back.
          email me your concise story with how you could prove it. I can easily prove it by showing my invoices to a judge I would even post publicly by just removing my name, account, and address. Take pictures holding up your cell phone or the current days paper, get audio, and get invoices online as proof.

Josh Aug 13, 2010

I signed a contract with waste management three years ago, and the third month after I signed the contract, this company charged me $75 more than the contract price, saying it was for the overflowing charge. I was so frustrated since this is a rental property and I can not be there everyday to watch my trash can, so I called this company to see whether I could discontinue its service, and the agent told me if I discontinue, I need to pay a 6-month liquidation charge which amounted to more than $650. I gave up and patiently waited for this contract to be over.

Near the end of the three year term, I sent a letter to this company saying that I don't want to renew my contract when the contract is over. By the way, to terminate the contract, you have to send this company a written notice at least 90 days, but not more than 180 days prior to the termination of the existing term, guess how many business men or women can remember to do that? But if you don't remember, your contract will be automatically renewed and if you want to break the contract, you need to pay that hefty liquidation damage charge!

Well, I did that and I called several times to make sure this company got my letter (whenever I call, the call always needs to be transferred and after the transfer, always an answer machine), finally I got a call back, and the agent told me she didn't get the letter! well, I called to confirm the address before I sent the letter, and I used return receipt requested certified letter, the tracking from the post office showed her office did get the letter! Then I was asked to send the letter again, ok, I sent it and also saying the last month's charge needs to be prorated since it is only less than half-month service, the agent told me she will prorate it. But when the bill came, not only I was charged for full month service, there was also an extra $75 removal fee which is not on the original contract either. I called again and again, the agent finally returned my call, saying she will give me credit for this coming month's bill, but when the bill came, NO CREDIT at all except more charges such as late fee, administration fee etc., which means I need to run this painful cycle of calling, leave a message, no response, then call again, leave a message... the contract was over on 6/12/2010, until today which is 7/29/2010, nearly two months passed, this company can not even give me a correct final bill. Just think about how much time I wasted on this!

Besides this customer service issue, this company has billing issues too. My contract price is $115 per month, for the past three years, this company constantly increases its charges and other hidden fees, by the end of the three-year term, I am paying average $165 per month, which is 43% more than the original contract price.

Waste Managementbad business practices

This company renewed our contract without a proper signature and on top of ir increased our rates even though they claimed we are under their contract. How does that work? Don't allow any employee to sign anything for waste management as you may be stuck in a deal you don't want.

• Pr
            Pro Bono Sep 25, 2014

You should take them to your local conciliation court. Their contracts are not without holes and you can easily find violations on their part to file a complaint. Look for teaser items on the contract like $100 off, which the court will interpret as $100 off every month. Also per contract you are allowed to terminate if they raise the rates for certain specific reasons. If they did not cite specific reasons, which they typically don't, in their notices, you can claim the value of the increases. Typically, they will cite vague reasons like 'may be a number of reasons...'. If they don't collect the container after cancellation, which is their tactic to prevent switching providers, call the local police department and file a complaint for trespassing and/or nuisance. Many small businesses have successfully won judgements against them in small claims courts. Many law firms, including Attorney Generals, are investigating Waste Management for class action lawsuits, but for now small claims court is your best option for immediate results. Good luck!

• Gh
            Ghozt Turner Dec 26, 2013

I agree with...Waste Management is to worst company anybody can ever have services with. I originally began my first experience with and I had pickup and billing problems with them from day one. They have missed pickup days, they have picked up however, they left trash all around the trash can that fell out while they were dumping. Worst of all problems with Waste management is the billing. I left Waste Management and went to a company called Louie's Waste. I was happy with Louie's, they had excellent services and billing. But Louie's ended up selling out to Waste Management and I was once again back to the poor excuse for a company. I was so pissed to find this out. This company charges you $35 as a late fee and another $35 to resume services if you are discontinued. There fees are equivalent to 3 months of service. That ### don't make any sense. I have obtained services elsewhere with another company and hopefully this new company will provide better services all around.
            Best Regards Cory Turner

I agree

agree!

Waste Management — bad company

Waste management is a bad trash company to be with. They took us over becasue tri-state went out of busine...

Waste Management — contract renewal

I tried to cancel our waste management contract last summer and they said we had automatically rolled it over...

Waste Management — breach of contract

If you have waste management of pennsylvania hauling your commercial trash they have breached their contract...

Waste Managementbroken water meter

This is a complaint letter about their company and employees.
          On, wednesday january 5 of this year we had a very late truck come to pick up. We believe it was the greenery truck. Later, when we went to turn our water on in the sink there was no water. We, called helix water district to find out what was going on? Someone later came out and checked. There were very large tire tracks over our water meter at the corner of road. It had been broken and a untold amount of water had been flowing down the main road. Because, it was night and we couldn’t afford to pay plumber’s emergency prices we went with-out water. We had guests staying with us. No water for showers and what was worse was we all had to use non-flushing toilets. The next morning I contacted a landscaper instead of a plumber to try and save money. We ended up being with-out water all day.

On, friday january 7 I contacted waste management. It turns out a neighbor saw the truck. I was transferred to a supervisor by the name of — . He couldn’t come out to see it friday and my husband had doctor’s appointments on monday so we made arrangements for him to come out tuesday january 11. He said he would call before coming. We waited until the afternoon. I called waste management. I left a message on his voice mail - no phone call. I waited another 1 ½ hours called back and I was given his cell phone number. He acted like he didn’t remember talking to me but said he would be over. Waited until the evening with no phone call or visit from him.

So, our water meter was ran over, over a week ago. We are being ignored. We had to pay to have it repaired and we will have to pay for all the wasted water because it was on our side of the meter. We wasted two days because of it. And, we also had to suffer the embarrassment of having our company use the bathroom on top of each other. Then we are ignored on top of all of this!

Waste Managementnot giving the job again which was already assigned by the company due to an accident which was caused by the carelessness of the helper not by me.

Respected sir,
            I want to inform you that I am anil kumar, a scheduled caste (sc) category worker (heavy load driver) in the above mentioned company i.e. a2z waste management (moradabad) pvt. ltd.
            But now they have dismissed me from my job because of an acciddent which was happened by the carelessness of the helper not by me.
            I was really not at fault in this accident, you can even check this out also. I have told this to them also and requested many times but they are not giving any response or answer.
            Sir, I am a married man with a family of four. so, I am in a great need of this job for my daily expenditure as I am not having any job this time.
            Sir, please take my request into your account and take a right decision for this so that I could get my job back as soon as possible.
            Thank you.

• El
                Elaine Pannell Jun 26, 2014

I went online to try and get a loan, and they said that I was accepted but there are no upfront fees to pay, But when I look into my bank they have taken out a total of £59:99 and now I, m demanding that I want it back in to my account, I want to cancel my memebership with them ... Yours sincerely Mrs. Elaine Pannell

Waste Managementso frustrated!!

I finally got tired of the poor service from waste management and decided to switch to another waste hauler. Just trying to contact them to terminate their service was a nightmare... I wound up on hold for a really long time before I could talk to someone. My containers were not picked up on the day they were supposed to... And i've been hit with a $25 bill for them to not pick them up!! Two phone calls ended after I was on hold for so long I had to go attend to other things. Today I called again after receiving the letter about the $25 bill. Spent a long time on hold waiting to talk to a nice lady who basically told me nothing. She offered to put me on hold again. (!) I explained i've been on hold a lot with waste management and would she just call me back to let me know when the (full and now smelly) containers would be removed... And how the $25 bill would be resolved. I'm still waiting for her call. (now I know why waste management containers have pretty much disappeared from my neighborhood in favor of those from other companies!!)

Waste Managementfraudulent charges

We moved into lewisville almost two years ago and received a bill for garbage pick-up. We had our garbage container hit by a car and have tried to get a replacement. Finally, my husband called today and was told our account was suspended, our garbage would not be picked up this friday (they pick up on wednesday) and we were completely confused. We called lewisville and were told that they pay for our garbage pick-up and we never should have received a bill from waste management. This company is either dishonest or completely incompetent. I think, with all the complaints out there about waste management, we should all join together and sue this company. I doubt they will refund their fraudulent charges. I will check back to see if others wish to file a "huge" group suit against this company. They should not be in business.

• Mj
                    mjmares Mar 30, 2012

I agree, I have had on-going billing issues with Waste Management. Twice I was billed $29.00 as they reportedly had picked up my containers due to non-payment. This did not happen. I go on-line, my bill is zero. I call customer service they reduce the bill, removing the $29.00 but if I want to pay my $18.00 dollar bill on the telephone it would cost me $8.00. So I go on-line...out of service. If you want a paper bill it is a $4.00 admin. fee. I think it's taken care of in December. I get bill's for $29.00 again and of course late fees, admin fee, etc. This time I wrote the local office and I am credited the $29.00. March I get another bill $9.00 - $5.00 late fee and $4.00 admin. fee for my zero bill. This time I e-mailed and received an apology and was credited the $9.00. I put my trash out on Monday. Come home - no trash cans. I have a zero balance. The next morning, 2 trash cans and 1 recycle (I had 2) are on my front porch in front of my door. I have no idea when those appeared. I am in a HOA and can't get out of this contract but will pursue this further AND I think there should be a national response about their billing practices, just like what happened with Verizon and Bank of America. This company will not change without public exposure.

Waste Management — sucks

I had a residential 2-yard dumpster under a one year lease with waste management. I had to monitor my bill...

Waste Managementgarbage pick up

I made a payment through their website and received a confirmation number and all. They neglected to contact me and say that they had a problem with the payment or even a simple call about the past due bill. Now they want 2 months up front which is $162.00 and they still won't pick up the garbage till the next pick up day. Nothing but problems with this company in oregon, however they have a monopoly on the city I live in so you're screwed for better service. So now i'm forced to start loading up my trailer and taking the garbage in myself, because I just can't take the # anymore!

Waste Management — high prices/poor quality

Waste management is one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. I bought a new house, and called...

Waste Management — unfair working conditions

What a joke of a company! There have been countless complaints coming out of this branch (all mostly about...

Waste Management — scam

I do not receive your bill for any reason, do not pay it within the first 4 weeks of receiving the invoice...

Waste Management — terrible customer service and excessive fees

Buyer beware of waste management. This company is so bad, I don't know where to begin. They provide trash...

Waste Managementpoor service and poor management

Waste management takes the trash when they feel like it. Called to complain 5 times did nothing to resolve the problem. Poor service poor management.

• Di
                        Dis May'd Jan 05, 2015

Several times through out 2014 I've called to let them know recycling wasn't removed. I was told a supervisor would call me but never did. Going to have to ask township for a refund of monthly fee's. Maybe then they'll do something about this worthless company. Could be because they're in Flint it has something to do with it. Garbage city garbage company.

Waste Managementharassing phone calls

Waste management begins calling regarding payment before I receive a bill. For some time I tried paying on line but at 65 years of age and not being accustomed to paying on line I was intimidated by all the security bells and whistles going off when I went on the wm website. Since i've had to pay a computer person over and over to get virus', I asked to have a paper bill sent. It is now february 17th, I have no bill in the mail yet and I have already started to get wm messages about paying my bill. This turns into harassment when the calls keep coming and I haven't even received a bill. If I could switch to another company I would but this situation proves why competition is good: when a consumer has no choice the company can do anything it pleases, including harassing a responsible older person with daily calls — usally for about $65-75... I am sick of this.

Ps: today is feb 17th and the bill just arrived; it was mailed from phoenix on feb 12th — if we had weather problems as we often do I would not have received it in 5 days. And since I am leaving to go out of town until monday I am not paying it and mailing it until monday... This is harassment and I am sick of it.

Waste Managementnever again

I just found this site and would like to contribute to supporting both the positive and negative reports here. I few years back, I had a container from a competitor that wmi bought out. Without notifying me, they sent out a truck, picked up the near-empty container and then tried to charge me a service fee.

They said that I had had the container too long. I explained that time between pick ups was not mentioned in any contract with the competitor. They tried to tell me that I was bound by their standard contract. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that is wrong. They had the right to pick up the container and charge for disposal, but that was all.

When I complained to the bbb here in jacksonville and they got involved, wmi backed down.

I would haul my own trash to the dump before I did business with them again.

• To
                            TomTucson2 Oct 11, 2010

I have a similar story...

Our homeowner association changed trash companies so we all put out our trash bins for pickup by Waste management. I put out my 89 year old neighbor's bin since she was out of town. Waste managment picked up my bin, her bin and everyone else's. Then they claimed my 89 year old neighbor never put her bin out and sent her a bill for $75! I called them and explained they have made a mistake, but they claimed they did not. And then they admitted they don't keep records of what was picked up or where! They had no record of picking up 1 or 2 bins at anybodies house! So the $75 charge is just trying to take advantage of a older widow who might feel she has to pay.

I'm going to complain to the BBB and any complaint board I can find. I suggest everyone require wastemanagment sign a receipt when they pick up your bin. That should be a standard business practice anyway -- drop off a bin, have the homeowner sign a receipt. Pick up a bin, sign a receipt. Otherwise the company is just stealing money from their customers.