Waste Management [WM] Logo

Waste Management [WM]

Having problems with Waste Management [WM]?

Waste Management [WM] Customer Service Contacts

1001 Fannin Street
Houston, Texas
United States - 77002-6711

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Waste Management [WM] Customer Service. Initial Waste Management [WM] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Waste Management [WM] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Waste Management [WM]. Discuss the issues you have had with Waste Management [WM] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Waste Management [WM] Complaints & Reviews

Waste Management (WM) — trash

My husband and I live at the landings in Bremerton Washington and at end of February we were billed by Waste...

Waste Management (WM)bad customer service

On 02/01/18 I put my trash on the curb for collection. On 02/02/18 I went out to bring my trash cans in and saw that the trash collectors had again broken my gray recycle trash can. I immediately called the company and was told someone would be out to replace it. Nobody came out. I emailed the company and was told that I would get a new trash can on 02/09/18. I carried my trash to the curb every day. Nobody came out on 02/09/18, so I emailed the company again. I was told I would get a new trash can on 02/16/18, before 6:00 pm. Again, all week I carried my trash out to the curb. Nobody came out on 02/16/18. I emailed the company again. I have not received a response from them.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Mar 06, 2018

Apologies for this, please send your information to [email protected] (subject complaints board) and we will be happy to address this. thank you ^tw

Waste Management (WM)trash pickup

I signed up for 3 months of service and two and half months later the pile of trash is still here. They always blame the 3rd party they hired to pick up the trash.

Each time I call and email, I get to retell the same story over and over and still no pickup! Numerous calls, numerous emails and still no pickup. I have wasted hours of my time on this. I should have just hired someone local to pick up the pile.

I just thought this would be easier but it is not. Do yourself a favor and avoid waste management if at all possible! They have wasted my time and money and have not provided a service. I began this on november 26, 2017 and today on february 6, 2018 I am still waiting!

I just got off the phone with jennifer alexander who is located in illinois trying to get my trash in tuscaloosa alabama picked up. Avoid waste management!!! They are a rip off and feed off of the fact that most of the time their service is required by law!!! I am canceling my service next week and calling another service provider.

Good riddance to waste management! Next stop is the better business bureau.

Reason of review: poor customer service

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Mar 06, 2018

I am so sorry to hear this. Please send your information to [email protected] (subject complaints board) and we will be happy to look into this. thank you ^tw

Waste Management (WM)pick up service./ waste management

This is the 2nd week in a row service has not been provided. Last week our yard waste was not picked up. Clearly marked on the can yard waste. I called and complained. This is not the first time. They told me the last time it was not clearly marked. The can is marked. This week our yard waste was picked up (the waste from last week) but our trash was not emptied. Can this be taken care of? If I was a day late on my payment you would surely charge me a late fee. When are you going to credit me?
      I have had to run out to the street in my robe, stand in front of the truck and stop them to empty the cans. Maybe it's time to put them on another route or let them pay for my service since I am not receiving any. I called last week and they told me it would be picked up last week liar liar pants on fire. I recorded the conversation. Our security cameras catch the cans not being emptied. I just want what I paid for, is that too much to ask?

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Dec 04, 2017

Hi, Apologies for this. Please email your address and contact info to [email protected] (sub complaints board) and I will be happy to look into this for you. thank you ^tw

Waste Management (WM)double billing

I fill that I have been have been billed twice for the same waste material and no one in the billing department seem to think so. I had wm truck material to the land fill and they charged me for the tonnage and fees. I have a land fill account and they also charged me tonnage and fees for the same load. I believe it should be one or the other not both.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Dec 04, 2017

Hi, sorry to hear this. If you would email your address and contact info to [email protected] (sub complaints board) and we will look into this. thank you ^tw

Waste Management (WM)rash driving and use of inappropriate and abusive language.

One of the drivers, driving the vehicle with Reg Number HTU390 has driven rashly beside me and it was only a matter of seconds before he could have hit me. Secondly, when I confronted him about this, he used abusive language and cursed several times. Even threatened to hit me after alluring me to leave my vehicle.
          This incident happned on 10 November, 2017 around 7:30 am at the delivery entrance of Countdown Ponsonby.
          The storeperson has seen him cursing and threatening if you wish to confirm.
          Thank you.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Nov 10, 2017

Apologies for this. If you could email [email protected] subject Complaints Board with the city, state, approx. time and cross streets we would like to look into this. thank you ^tw

Waste Management (WM)driver

One of your drivers was driving quite a bit faster than the 45MPH limit North on Transit Road this morning. He was driving in the far right lane & cut over close in front of me & the driver to the left of me all the way over into the far left lane (3 lanes of travel at this area of Transit Road), and then swung back to the right into the middle lane in front of the car in front of me. I'm pretty sure that's not how you train your drivers to drive. I couldn't catch the license plate, but the number on the back of the truck was 211001. That's a pretty heavy truck to be cutting so close in front of people & driving so fast down the road. I'm just glad there was no one behind me or I would have been rear-ended. Thank you for your attention to this matter. My name is Heather & my email address is: [protected]@roadrunner.com

Waste Management (WM) — price gouging

I was getting trash service from a local company that I liked very much.Then one day I was suddenly notified...

Waste Management (WM)trash pick up

I started service on August 11th and my trash has yet to be picked up. Week 3 and still my trash hasn't been picked up. Customer service has submitted ticket after ticket and still waste management can't seem to pick up my trash. What's the point of paying for trash service if they can't even do their job! You don't even have to get out of your trash truck! The machine does it all for you!!!

Waste Management (WM)bad service

On June 9, 2017 one of Waste Management’s trucks picked up my recycling bin/trash can, in front of my home at 3342 Big Dalton Ave., Baldwin Park, CA 91706, on our regular trash day. I emailed them that evening because they were closed, and never got a response. On Wednesday, June 13, 2017, I did an on line chat with Raquel, a customer service rep from Waste Management, who told me I would get a new container on Friday, June 16, 2017. Not only did I not get a new container, they never emptied my green containers. My green containers, four of them, stayed on the curb, taking up valuable parking space, the entire weekend! They just took my recycling container and they never delivered a new one! I did not request that they take it! There was nothing wrong with it! My trash bill is paid up and I’m never late paying it! It has been two weeks and my recycle trash is getting out of control! I need my recycling trash can back today!

Waste Management (WM) — trash has not been picked up for a month now.

I have a 3 yard bin . My pick ups are every Wednesday. It's been 3 weeks and my trash has not been picked up...

Waste Management (WM) — trash removal service

This company is absolutely HORRIBLE! They automatically renew your contract every year without telling you...

Waste Management (WM)bulk pickup feb 1st. 2017

On Monday January 30th, I called Waste Management to arrange a "bulk pickup", (a service WM provide to SCV residences for up to 4 items per year), and was told to have them out on curbside on my regularly trash pick up day that Wednesday February 1st. The three items I asked for pick up (one mattress and two box springs) were put out with my trash as requested. I was home that day and observed my regular trash pick up be collected, but not the items for the bulk pick up. My last recycled trash can was picked up at 6 pm, but the mattresses were still there. I was hoping they were running late, but by morning, they were still not picked up. I called WM and a representative said the driver said did not pick it up since he said it was an unsafe. I asked what that meant but he didn't know. He said he would reschedule for next week and I said that was unacceptable since rain was forecasted for the upcoming week, and that would be soaked, heavy, and unsightly. He took my number and said he would escalate the matter and see if they could get it sooner, by he never called back.

I don't believe this matter can wait and request any help in resolving this matter.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Feb 03, 2017

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. Please email us with your address and contact info and we'll help get this taken care of. Our email address is [email protected] (subject: Complaints) and we'll reach out to you. Thank you ^dn

Waste Management (WM)refund not received

I switched to waste management from rumpke and paid for a year in advance to get a reduced rate. I moved after 8 1/2 months and was told in writing that I would get a refund of the remaining balance paid. I cancelled my service on 11/11/16. It is now 1/27/17 and I am still fighting with them to get my refund! At this point, I have given up all hope of ever receiving it! Customer service is horrible!! Stay far, far away from waste management!

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 27, 2017

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us. We would like to help look into this further on your behalf. Please email us with your address and contact info to [email protected] (subject: P Consumer) and we'll reach out to you to discuss this further. Thank you ^dn

Waste Management (WM)residential curbside pick up

WM negotiated a new contract with Washoe County, Nevada and those changes were scheduled to take effect on Feb 1, 2017. However, with no authority to support the decision they implemented the changes in mid January. I was invoiced for and paid for 7 can curbside pick up (using my containers). The invoice was for the 3 month period ending Jan 31, 2017. On Jan 18 and Jan 25 WM has taken 2 of 5 cans and left the other 3. They stated that the change allowed them to only take 2 cans. We have called customer service 10 times. Yes that's right 10 phone calls to customer service with repeated requests to have the route manager return our calls and resolve the problem. No returned calls, we are just ignored. I'm willing to abide by the new rules WHEN the go into effect. Right now I just want what I paid for!!!

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Jan 27, 2017

Hello Debbie, thank you for reaching out to us. Please accept our apologies for the trouble with your service and we would like to help look into this further. Please email us with your address and contact info to [email protected] (subject: P Consumer) and we'll reach out to you to discuss further. Thank you ^dn

Waste Management (WM) — billing

For the past year WM has had an invoice on my account that says unnapply. I have called more than once to ask...

Waste Management (WM)trash collection

My husband resumed our trash pick up after us being away for a year. The bill was paid in full. Was told trash pickup would resume the following monday, aug. 1st, the usual garbage day. Monday came and the trash had not been picked up. I called them tuesday, wednesday and thursday... Each day I was promised by customer service that the trash would be picked up the next day. It wasn't. Then I was told I would have to wait until the following garbage day, august 8th. This is the second week in a row and the trash is still sitting out there. I called customer service once again and the woman hung up on me. I called corporate and was told they would call me back... They didn't. My husband called customer service again and was told they would pick up the garbage tonight. It's still there. It's a health hazard and the worst customer service I have ever received. This is just unbelievable!!! Every day they lie and say they will do what I paid for... But nothing!!! I don't even know why they have not picked it up. They give no explanation.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Aug 09, 2016

Hello, sorry to hear about the problems with getting your trash serviced. We would like to help get this resolved for you. Please email us with your address and contact info and we'll reach out you to. Our email address is [email protected] (subject: PConsumer). Thank you ^dn

Waste Management (WM) — unauthorized fees, overcharges and breach of contract

Had a existing contract with another solid waste company that WM bought out and is now charging fees that are...

Waste Managementservice waste not picked up

We place all four trash cans at the curb every Monday morning for pick up Tuesday. Tuesday Oct 20 2015 two green waste cans were not picked up. We called Waste management Tuesday after other green waste cans had beeb picked up.The woman at waste management said just leave the cans out and she would have the truck return and collect the green waste. We called again Wed, they were not picked up. We called thurs a woman said it takes 48 hours to pick up after a missed service. We called Friday morning a woman said she would make sure the green waste was picked up. Friday at 3pm we called, a boy started asking me questions, like did we put them out Mon? Are they contaminated? At that point We said good buy and hung up the phone. The problem is that Waste management is the only service in Santa Clarita. They can service or not.

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Nov 11, 2015

Hi, I'm with Waste Management. I apologize to read about this experience. If you're still experiencing any issues with service, please email us your account & contact information, we can certainly assist in resolution. Our email address is [email protected] (Subject: Santa Clarita). Thank you and apologies again. ^RM

Waste Management — waste management scam

Waste Management agreed to provide my company with an onsite dumpster. After a few short months of service...

Nokesville