pobarjenkins Mar 17, 2011

The warranties are backed up by Canon, not necessarily by Wal-Mart. And damage to merchandise happens everywhere.

• Se
    Seesone Mar 17, 2011

I bought two cameras around 11.40 am to give to my cousin and sister in the Philippines since my friend is going back to Manila, Philippines. Since I had a lunch meeting by 12:00 pm, I did not have the cameras checked by the sales crew on duty and, to my knowledge, I could have it replaced if ever there is any damage or anything.

Around 7 pm when I got home, I had the chance to inspect the cameras. I opened the Fuji Film F10 first, and apparently it didn't have any damage on the outside body of the camera so I then inserted the battery and it was working perfectly.

Then I checked the other camera, the Canon SD200. When I checked out the camera, I noticed a lot of scratches on the corners. So I decided to return the item or ask for a replacement.

When we got to Wal-Mart, we went to the photo section and when the sales person assigned checked it out. It appears that the serial number on the box -- and the one printed in the receipt -- and the one on the camera don't match. Worse, when she turned it on, it appeared to be defective.

The sales lady then gave us the number of Canon customer service. But we insisted in our complaint since, in the first place Wal-Mart shouldn't be selling defective items. And how did it happen that the serial numbers don't match? And its just that they're just going to give me Canon's customer service phone number?

My friend advised me to buy another one just to take it to my friend who is going back home and give the cameras to my sister and cousin. Even though I feel frustrated, I bought another camera and this time it is an sd300 since there are no more sd200 in stock aside from the display item.

Yes, I purchased 3 cameras in a day. So now, what am I going to do with the defective sd200 that I just bought the same day? It is just like that -- I gave Wal-Mart $250. The manager only said 'sorry' to us.

This is really frustrating and disappointing as well. I should have given that money to the victims of the last two hurricanes. I just hope someone will take action on this.

pobarjenkins Mar 03, 2011

Lack of stock is never just a store problem. Have you tried a non-Walmart store? For your cookies, have you tried baking them yourself or ordering them from the manufacturer?

• Gl
    Glenn blackmon Mar 03, 2011

trying to get my peanut butter sandwitch for weeks. we have two wal-marts ion Abilene tx and neithner one has them. I drive 30 miles round trip at least twice a week to get them and they always out. I love those cookies and dont buy any other and wont. The store I shop at is 0536 and they could really ionprove the botton line if they would keep everything in stock. Not talking abot cookies but alot of other things. We can never get everything we went for because they are out. We spend between 400.00 to 600.00 a month at this store!

• Lo
    lordfreespace Mar 03, 2011

The Wal-Mart money card was only supposed to be an alternative to a checking accoutn (which I couldn't get at the time) for a short while. 2 years later I'm still using it for direct deposit from my job and pay my bills with it. For my needs it has completely satisfied me. They will waive the $3 monthly charge if you have direct deposit, and there is no charge to use it in store (unlike some other ones I've seen) and they will even waive the $3 reload fee when cashing a check if you have it put on your walmart money card. They eleminated the $2 charge to speak to a live person, and I have had decent service when calling in.

It is MUCH CHEAPER than having a checking account and overdrafting (which could wipe you out for several months), as Walmart will decline any transactions that go over your limit, and will never charge you a fee for doing so. This is the main reason I've kept it for so long is because of the no fees for attempted overdrafting and they will simply decline your card rather than let you overdraft. There is one compliant I have had though, and that is my cards recently expired and they never sent me replacements (they claim they got lost in the mail), so I have to wait 7-10 days to get replacements.

Some of these complaints are ridicolous. If you would have simply looked at the fee schedule before you bought the card you would have seen how much everything is; I've never had a hidden fee I didn't know about. This card really did save me alot of hassle dealing with paycecks and money orders. The only other downside is, is that you can't put personal checks on the card (checks you've been given). I plan on getting rid of my card, as I recently finally got a new checking account through a credit union, and with the new bank legislation you can no longer overdraft on debit transactions, and they can't charge you a fee for declining a transaction. So I no longer need it, but it was good to me.

In short, it is worth it if you plan on using it to pay bills and get direct deposit for your job or IRS Refund (very handy there). Hell during tax season it would be MUCH cheaper to buy the card and have your refund deposited on the card VS. a paper check and getting it cashed somewhere. I would recommend this card to anybody who was in the market for an alternative to checking accounts or a prepaid debit card.

• Ba
    Bashinake Mar 02, 2011

Customer service at Walmart...

I was in the store this morning to purchase some ammunition. I went to sporting goods and stood at the counter. Employees walked by me three times. Finally someone stopped and asked if I needed help I said I did, so he called someone on the intercom to "come to sporting goods to help a customer who has been waiting"...no one came.

Fifteen minutes later I was sick of waiting and left.

As I was walking out two gentlemen who appeared to be managers came out of another room. I approached them to express my frustrations and related the above story to them. The one gentleman shrugged and said, "sorry, that happens".

Seriously? Is Walmart such a large company that they don't really need the $300 I spent today?

I understand that losing my business isn't going to hurt Walmart, but I work in the hospitality business. That is not customer service. If I treated people like that in my restaurant I wouldn't have any customers.

• Sh
    shanshell Feb 22, 2011

I have been using my WalMart Money Card for almost 3 years, and I have never experienced any issues that I am reading about here. I have my paycheck direct deposited to the card, and it is always there when I need it. I have always talked to helpful people in customer service, and since I have direct deposit I have never seen a monthly service charge on my statement. I have had a few attempted transactions that were over my balance, but each time they were just declined. There was never a demand for payment or any additional fees tied to the declined transaction. I have tried other reloadable prepaid debit cards, and they were all the same - hidden fees and hellish experiences. The WalMart Money Card has been a pleasure in comparison.

• Yf
    YF-vision Feb 14, 2011

On February 9, 2011 I visited Wal-Mart Vision Center at Seabrook NH store to order new lenses for my glasses. Service assistant was exceptionally professional and I was very pleased with my order. After the phone call that my glasses are ready I went to pick them up on February 13, 2011 around 2 PM. There was different person. The lady was on phone (probably private) and with unpleasant face she brought me my glasses. I tried them, the lenses were dirty (remain of grease hands) and with some pinkish color, bended to the side. When I complained I was told to visit my eye doctor (??!!) and the lady looked at me the way “get lost” or kiss my … I cannot believe what a contrast between very professional assistance at the order and this one.

pobarjenkins Feb 13, 2011

I just went on their site and I was offered nothing so I think the problem is on your end.

• Di
    Disgruntled1983 Feb 12, 2011

I agree withyou and feel the same way! I think their scam is a huge waste of my time. And you HAVE to fill out the information if you want to use the web site. i was a loyal customer until know as well.

• Di
    Disgruntled1983 Feb 12, 2011

What the heck wal-mart? I got my tax return card and I was going to go on your website and buy a bunch of stuff, but guess what? I can't even get to your website without filling out some stupid survey and participate in some other additional offers, and giving you all my personal information - i never did get to the actual web site no matter how much I tried to skip it - I don't want to enter a survey for our 1000 dollar card and coupons, I just wanted to get my stuff - but you lose - I'm very angry and I'm going to take my business somewhere else - permanently.

• Sh
    Shannon36535 Feb 09, 2011

Im afraid I agree with allen . No one wants to be the one everyone looks at when we point out the obvious. Its not meant to be rude but Yelling out HEY ... HELP IS NEEDED. points out the obvious and puts people in charge in motion when they are not paying attention to what needs to be done. After enough times of this, they will put it into thier routine to keep the OUTBREAKS to a minimum.

Allan22 Feb 09, 2011

i actually yelled out "more cashiers needed" one morning at Walmart and the manager immediately opened 2 new registers. just speak up. if nobody says anything, nothing will change. complaining here while it helps to vent, wont initiate change at your local Walmart.

• La
    LaVanda Feb 09, 2011

I am so sick and tired of having to wait in line for 10 to 15 minutes for just a few items. I have tried to change the time of day that I go into the store and still I am having to wait. Yesterday I had only 3 itmes in my hands and still had to wait 7 minutes in the 10 items or less line. There are so many people just standing around and never is there a call for help at the front. With people wanting jobs all over the place it is difficult for me to see why we have to wait and be told there is not enough help. From now on I have changed my route to work and home so that I can go to other stores and stay out of Walmart all together.

• Co
    conmmit Feb 09, 2011

I bought one of their cards and when i got it, i called to activate it, but i will not give outmy SS# just to any one, so since i could not activate the card, i went back to Walmart and ask for a refund but the store did not give the refund i have to call this # that was on the card for a refund, and when i called i had to give my SS# to get my refund, I told my wife what happen and she said no no you get your money back, so down to Walmart we went here in Wasilla Alaska after my wife talk to the store manager and being a true Alaskan, the store manager refunded back my money, so thumbs up to Wasilla Superstore Manager.

maggie-arizona Feb 07, 2011

I know this is a very large truth to swallow, and it takes a bit to get your brain wrapped around the abstract concept, that, all credit cards, and all banking for that matter is Criminal Fraud...I will not explain in detail, but will say this, , , how can they ( banks./credit card comp[any ) lend you or set up an account with something in it for credit for you to borrow off of..??? where does the "money " come from for this. IT DOESN'T, IT FLAT OUT DOES NOT COME FROM ANYWHERE, THEY (BANKS) HAVE NEITHER LENT OR GIVEN YOU ANYTHING, AND THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ANYTHING TO WAL-MART OR OTHER STORES. THEY HAVE NOTHING TO GIVE, it's against laws, and banking for them to 'lend' thier own "credit", so they have supplied nothing to the deal. and how can you "owe" them, if they never gave you anything...they have suffered NO loss, no injury...so what have you done...
    I say don't pay 'em and send them a request to validate the debt...hahaha they can't do it. if you want to know more go to www.stopthefraud2010.com and cllick on the menu tab FBI docs, and also look for ( scroll down) the document template called "The enhanced debt validation letter Red" and it's free to down load, in fact join up for free, we are all about stoppiong the Fraud of the banks, the federal reserve, the corrupt courts, etc...hope this hepls

• Je
    Jeanette Walston Feb 07, 2011

I have a balance on my account and am billed eachmonth for a set amount. Economy is horrible and social security has not been been increased in over two years. Therefore, for the last two months, I have not been able to pay my full amount. I have paid the difference in a few weeks. I do not wish for someone to call me to harrass me about this. I know it is owed. I have sent letters and explained this. I will look into the harrassment charges in the future if it continues.

• Ha
    Harry Bryant Feb 06, 2011

I can't get my card accepted online

• In
    *insert eye roll* Feb 05, 2011

Most of the people complaining here are complete [censor]s. Do any of you read the terms on things?! The fees are CLEARLY stated before you even buy the card!! Not to mention, who just throws away a receipt for a bunch of money? You all deserved to lose whatever money you put on the card. And for the people who bought the card thinking it was a gift card...wow...just wow...there are cards marked in the store as gift cards. The complete stupidity of you people amazes me. I have a bridge I'd like to sell a few of you...its a great deal! I shouldn't be surprised I guess, walking into a walmart is like going into one of those institutions they house [censor]s in.

I do have one of these cards just because the fees are way lower than any bank and I have had ZERO problems with it. IN FACT!! today the [censor] cashier at walmart cashed my husbands check and not only loaded the full check amount on the card but also gave him the full amount of the check in CASH!! HAHAHAHAHA suck on that!

• Ra
    Rainbowsockz Feb 03, 2011

Oh no, spaghettios! I hope you've written to the store manager about both the deli personnel (he'll be more interested in the uncovered hair than the visiting simply because of the legal backlash on the company) as well as the set-up of the front-end (registers). For the deli personnel, I would get names. I also wouldn't expect anything more than a slap on the wrist for the employee(s) unless you legitimately complain about and list specific instances.

My experience working at a Walmart that had issues with having the right number/type of registers open probably isn't encouraging to hear simply because it took so long for the necessary changes to occur; however, there is always hope! Being a polite nag--mentioning off-handedly between a conversation about the weather and your hotdogs that you wish there were more registers open every time you go in may do the trick. It's very probable that the employees working on the registers completely agree with you, and have already been nagging management. It's frustrating as a cashier to know there aren't enough employees or the right type of registers open for the customers! Good luck!

Chris Duckett Jan 31, 2011

just an Fyi Mr and Mrs America when shopping at Walmart BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU ARE BEING CHARGED.I caught it BECAUSE IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE but most wont!
    On 30/Jan /2011 When at the WALMART in Manassas
    Va. See transaction id # [protected]
    Several pairs of pants rang up at 17.00 instead of the 10.00 that was clearly stated on the sales ad right above the items Of couse I questioned this.
    so the Customer service Rep that runs the clothing dept.
    (WHO I MIGHT ADD HAS NO BUSINESS WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS AND HAS NO CLUE! very rude) Went and checked on the items in question and came back saying that they were indeed 17.00
    I had her go back so I could show her where I picked them up from she pointed to a totally different area which also said 10 Dollars then in a very obscure area there was a little tiny and I mean tiny sign saying plus sizes extra WHEN IS A 38/32 SIZE A PLUS.
    I SHOWED HER THAT ON BOTH AREAS ALL THE SIZES WERE IN THE SAME GROOP OF ITEMS.
    And the little sign said plus sizes 2.00 extra not 7.00.
    the Cashier was just as pleasent as she could be but the other one should be terminated or at least retrained.The only excuse she could come up with was Maybe??? someone stocked them on the wrong Shelf(s)?? as I was saying she runs that department so isnt it her charge to make sure things are done correctly. Since it was CLEARLY THEIR ERROR THE CORRECT THING TO DO WOULD HAVE BEEN TO HONOR THE ADVERTISED PRICE.
    This is the Last $118.57 Walmart will ever get from me.
    I have been shopping at Walmart since the day it opened
    in Manassas in the early 1990S. Spending anywhere from $2000. to $3000.00 or MORE Per year.
    anything from electronics to fishing tackle hunting gear /paint / Grocerys/ etc. Not to mention the $1000.00 plus spent each Christmas.
    I have never in my life been treated so rudly and been so disreguarded in my life.
    Cheat me once Shame on you.
    Cheat me Twice SHAME ON ME.
    There are to many other places to shop that respect the consumer. and at least treat you like you are human.
    My advise is DO NOT shop at Walmart if enough people say enough is enough Either Walmart will evolve or go out of BUSINESS.
    In closing I went back and took pictures of the sales
    rack(s) in question I will be lodging a complaint with the BBB.
    AND THE PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
    ""NEVER"" again will This consumer EVER step into a Sams club or Walmart JUST SHREDDED BOTH MY SAMS CLUB AND WALMART CARDS!

Pissed off in Manassas
    Chris

• Da
    david roose Jan 24, 2011

i tried to cash a check made out to david roose from walmart mdl claims administrator.they would not cash there own check/this was totally unexpected.at this pointi am reqesting a copy of my file which the paperwork they gave me said i have the right to reqest.i went accross the street and giant eagle and us bank cashed this check no questions asked . at this point i spend 100.00 dollars which walmart lost a customer and 100.00dollars in sales not to bright i will not shop there again.and if i dont get this file without a good justfied reason i will be contacting my attorney. my address is 15093 south state street po box 217 middlefield ohio 44062 thank you please respond asap.

Allan22 Jan 18, 2011

yes, its still under warranty.

JACQUELINE KENNEDY63 Jan 18, 2011

HEAVEN HELP YOU IF YOUR CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN!!! YOUR MONEY IS HELD HOSTAGE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A NEW CARD IN THE MAIL, WHICH FOR A $20.00 DOLLAR EXPRESS FEE YOU CAN GET IN THREE DAYS OTHERWISE NO CARD OR MONEY CAN BE USED FOR 7 TO 10 BUSINSESS DAYS

• Gw
    Gwendolyn Johnson Jan 17, 2011

I've put $400. on my money card, and the company state that it was decline, but all of my money was gone accept $12.oo

JOHN BOLDON Jan 13, 2011

dont comment on me

• St
    StevieG-Wiz Jan 12, 2011

I recieved a Walmartmoneycard as a Christmas gift from a friend who thought it was a gift card. I could not use it until I called to activate is and was given a 10 day grace period to spend the money before they take the monthly $3.00 fee out unbeknown to me. They made me give my SS#, home address and phone number. I am speaking to someone in India and we are in the age of Identity Theft. Hmmm. What a recipe. I know my friend did not intend to open 10 different Debit accounts when he bought these. Why wouldn't someone at checkout be more familiar and tell him the difference. What a headache this has been. I was rejected by 3 ATM's, 4 stores and finally was able to spend the whole $50.00 nut at, You guessed it, Walmart. Even at Walmart I had to have 3 checkout people who helped me call the customer service on the card to help me get the exact balance so I could spend it. I thought I had $50.00 and really I only had $47.00 because the $3.00 was already removed for Maintenance. The gift that keep on giving. Frustration that is. Walmart Sucks for allowing the sale of this scam card. They should be exploited for this. I have called since to have my accounts closed and am awaiting for a mailing to confirm this. Of course it will take up to 10 days for the mailing confirmation to come. I pray.

JOHN BOLDON Jan 05, 2011

at walmart i slip in fell in the store they did not help me they told me to get out and could up and i have 2 witness they made me hop out the store

• He
    heresmary Jan 05, 2011

Wal-mart a store that a lot of consumers buy everything from ... Tell me what would it hurt to have a place to post a lost pet poster? They told me NO & yet when I went to Publix they were MORE than happy to help me by putting up the poster. unfortunately, we were not able to find her. I feel if Wal-Mart had helped she may be home with us now, most people can't afford the higher prices at Publix. It's a shame because the produce at Publix is a lot better than Wal-Mart. You get what you buy for shopping at Wal-Mart.

• Pi
    Pissed off to the highest of pistivity. Jan 02, 2011

Walmart money card is a rip off. Not only do they charge you a $3.00 reloading fee, but they charge you a $3.00 maintenance fee per month, weather you have any money on the card or not ( max. 2 months). When you try to use your card you will find they took out $3.00 per month, so your balance is not what you anticipated it to be. What a farce. Will gladely get me a debit card from the bank in this case.

Christie Lundblade Dec 31, 2010

My husband has had his card for over a year and had no problem until this month right before christmas a block was placed on our card and when I called to find out what was going on I was told it was placed there by the account holder. I called my husband and jumped on him he told me he had no idea what they were talking about. SO i called back with my husband on the phone and we both confronted them, they then told us that because we had made more than 3 deposits in one week on the card they had blocked it. I asked why they claimed in the fine print that if we make more than a certain amount of deposits they have the right to cancel the account. So they gave us until December 28th to use all the money then it would be no good. They weren't joking. By noon the 28th they had completely closed both of our accounts and NOW we have to wait 7-10 business days to get our money in the form of a check. So they need to be shut down this card is a way to get personal information and a way to rip off the consumer

pobarjenkins Dec 28, 2010

Wal-Mart will allow an exchange for the same item if you have a receipt. Refunds are not allowed on such products at most stores because of the large amount of copying/stealing. Also, you sound like an entitled jerk by expecting a reward for something you don't deserve.

Allan22 Dec 28, 2010

i love how people think they are entitled to "customer rewards" and other freebies just because they dont agree with rules and policies.

angel_oreo17 Dec 28, 2010

Dear Wal-Mart,
    I didn't like how they treated me as a customer I should have been able to return my product with no questions asked due to a defect. They made me go back and forth it took them 2 hours the time i had wasted. I would like a customer reward for the trouble.
    It is a Wii game Dance workout skipped.

• Sk
    skystew2003 Dec 21, 2010

I have had this money card for 4 months, and I have paid so many charges! I had a charge pending and was reversed on the card and it took a week to clear! in the meantime the card was processed and paid with other charges on the card leaving the card40 balance! On the next day the card said -$15.00! I am so confused and discouraged that this company would do anything to know put a block and charges added to my account!

• Cl
    Clayton Dec 14, 2010

Walmart has on their website a fantastic offer to setup credit card and set $20 cash back. They have the procedure to setup such that it is impossible to get the $20.

If you read the fine print, you only get the $20 back if you make $100 (or more) purchase when you open the credit card. The problem is that NOONE gets the credit card immediately and when you do get it. Walmart Credit Card Services will then accidentally & incorrectly tell that you will still get it if you make another purchase of $100 (or more). All along the way, every representative promised I would get my cash back no problem.

Finally when you actually call them to get your $20 credit on your statement, the first representative will refer you to the supervisor and she will give you what you missed in the fine print (only applicable if you make purchases on the day you open the credit card). The fact is that you can only get it if they give you a temp credit card number when you apply.

The fact is that noone is given a temp credit card. My credit rating is off the charts (own multiple homes outright and 6 figure salary) and I did not get temp credit card.

Nor was there any mention that I would Not get my $20 or Qualify for when I applied.

It’s one of those too good to be true scams. But you would not think it come from a reputable retailer giant like Walmart.

• Pi
    [email protected] Dec 14, 2010

I just got a walmart card and activated it. I needed it to pay my electric bill online so I didn't have to drive two towns over in the middle of the night to drop it off. An error came on the screen and the card would not activate. Now I have been trying to get someone on the phone for an hour to no avail their "customer service" line just hangs up on me. I have called walmart and there is nothing they can do. Maybe I am dumb for waiting to get my electric bill paid until the last minute but times are tough. Now it will be shut off because Walmart Money Card "customer service" tells me they are mailing me my money in 10 days. What kind of crap is this. I never asked to have my money mailed to me. I purchased a product expecting to get what I paid for instead I have given them $200 that my family doesn't have and have to wait for them to decide to mail it back in 10 days. Which in business days around the holidays is going to be like 40 days. Thanks Walmart Merry [censor]ing Christmas to you too. I will remember how wonderful life is when my kids can't turn on the christmas lights and we are staying at friends house because you can't have a single honest to goodness person working customer service that could get this straightened away. And I hope one of you ignorant interns read this and post some other crap about how you like money card better than bank of america or wachovia. [censor]ing idiots. I know nothing will ever become of this but if you work for Walmart or GC Bank and you read this I want you to know because of your [censor] up my kids will sit in the dark on Christmas.

Thanks [censor]s.

• Ti
    Tired of peoples B.S. Dec 08, 2010

nixa store gives quarterly boneses but SCREWS there employees out of them with PISS POOR EXCUSES. A store in a neighboring town whos store has been proven to be worse gets 3 times the amount . nixa managment say's it's based on safty & losses 4 that quarter but I USED TO WORK THER AND MY WIFE STILL DOES AND THE MANAGMENT IS FULL OF CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. One excuse once was to much managment to pay so bonus(ha, ha) was less. another was the bakery needed a new oven so AGAIN SCREW THE EMPLOYEE, another the store needed to replace some lighting, so AGAIN SCREW THE EMPLOYEE so needless to say the NIXA, MISSOURI WALMART MANAGMENT & BONUS PROGAM SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

• Wa
    WalmartShopper Nov 21, 2010

I purchased a durabrand portable DVD player & my battery pack now has a buckle in it & won't charge the battery when I plug it up. I have never had this happen to me before & was surprised that your product did this. Now I am in search of a replacement battery for this DVD player to make it portable again.

• St
    steelersfan4life Nov 11, 2010

walmart employees are always talking while they should be working. some employees text on their cell phones while they are supposed to be checking out customers. the management at the walmart here are just as bad. last week it took a manager a hour to get to customer service. he was talking with a friend of his instead of being where he was needed to solve the problem. the only time i have seen a walmart manager get to a place fast is when a employee choked. i don't go to walmart anymore because i don't have 24 hours to wait in line