• Ne
    NEDRA PHILLIPS Jul 27, 2011

I FEEL I HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST TO GET A PERSONALIZED PREPAID WALMART VISA MONEYCARD. I AM A US CITIZEN, HAVE A LEGAL SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, AND A LEASE THAT SAYS I LIVE AT THE ADDRESS THAT I USED FOR
    MY INFORMATION THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SAY THEY NEED TO RECEIVE THIS CARD. BUT I WAS STILLED DENIED THIS CARD. I HAVE A NEW BUSINESS I AM STARTED IN AND I NEEDED THIS CARD TO PAY ONLINE. I WANT SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THIS FOR IT ISNT FAIR THAT THEY CAN PICK AND CHOOSE WHO THEY WANT TO GIVE THIS TO. MY MONEY IS ALSO LEGAL TENDER OF THE UNITED STATES.

• He
    henry1 Jul 24, 2011

i just had an unauthorized charge on my card.
    i called them to find out why my was declined today is7/23 they said the charge is for 8/3 so my money should still be there
    but is not, even after declining transaction they refuse to return my money they screwed me

• Ri
    rita pac Jul 20, 2011

Please do not get this card.They will not give me access to my account, they locked me out on line.They refuse to send me my statements in the mail.Now they closed my account without telling me why and are sup[possed to send me a check for whatever amount they want sine i can not verify it It is a horror

• Ri
    rita pac Jul 20, 2011

I can not get my statements from them they will not give me access to my cardc info they closed my account, who knows why and I still have not got my money.Worse card to ever get please do not get one

• Le
    ledTr Jul 12, 2011

I put $47 on my prepaid visa from walmart. i bought something worth $29.99(counting the Shipping) online and i should have had 17.01 left on the card, but i only had 11.01 left. i had planned to buy something else, and actually ordered it, but now it won't arrive on time because of the money that i had stolen by WALMART!

• GETOUTFAST Jul 10, 2011

Color?? lady have you checked walmarts history??? they like discriminated on everybody... dont use color as a white goat... You living in America this is how it is WHITE OR WHATEVER.. no one going to hang you anymore LETS GROW UP...

• Jb
    jbfirebird Jul 09, 2011

time to shake the bee hive...perhaps her fat ### thought the kid was a leg of chicken and ate him.

• Jb
    jbfirebird Jul 09, 2011

in these times, no one gives a ### about the color of your skin. gtfo and stop using the race cardd as an excuse for everything.
    p.s. just because 3 different people post within minutes of each other doesnt mean they are the same person. when a topic is posted on, it becomes the top of the most recently discussed topics. walmart is a magnet for getting replies...so, again...go ### yourself ignorant ###

• Si
    Sixtyeighthotel Jul 09, 2011

Good try, troll. Hope you have some crackers in that purse, because the "Kate moss" starvation diet is in order here

Treated like a criminal Jul 09, 2011

I see Brenda and Kmandichak are the same people and so is Zachary i you are going to post on three separate accounts atleast wait more than one minute dumb ###. Also obviously you are white and know nothing about being discriminated against.

Treated like a criminal Jul 09, 2011

No it is not a missing child code. Notice they called it first when I entered the store, and the second time when I opened my purse. I have a big purse BTW. They just assumed that because I opened my purse and because I am black I am a thief.

• Km
    kmandichak Jul 09, 2011

No. Code Adam is for a missing child and that is serious.

Treated like a criminal Jul 09, 2011

I am a black lady and sick and tired of being discriminated because of the colour of my skin. I was discriminated twice in your store with their secret security codes.

For the last two times I went in your store at odd times they called for a security code. Code adam is obviously a security code for them when they think someone is going to steal. The first time it was quite obvious it was because I walked in the store. The second time they thougth I was going to sneak somethig in my purse when all I was doing was opening it up to get something.

Treated like a criminal Jul 09, 2011

First of all let me tell you I am black and I am sick of being discriminated against because of the color of my skin.

This is the second time that I have gone to your store and they have paged a code adam or something. This is obviously only paged when black people are shopping and is a security code to watch for a shoplifter. The first time this was paged was when I was just walking in. The second time was later on when I was taking somethig out of my purse. It is obvious that they thougt that I was going to steal something.

• Wi
    With Out Gift Jun 27, 2011

I recently received a money card as gift. It was loaded with $50 on it. I registered the card on line with only small problems but received another card in the mail a few days later. I tried to use the orignal card at Walmat and it would not work. I had to pay for the purchase in cash. I later took the card to the service desk and the lady at the desk said I needed the receipt for the card. I explained it was a gift and I did not have the receipt. After I started getting a little louder because they didn't seem to care if I could use the card or not, She said that she could scan the card and I could put my pin # in. When I did, in showed I had $47. I tried a few day later to buy some fuel at a Walmart and I still could not get the card to release the money. I would not accept my pin. I tried the other card with the same result. It looks like my freinds, in good faith, bought me a card and put $50 on it and now Walmart is holding that money because I have no way to access it. These cards are apparently are not working as they should and Walmart needs to discontinue the sell of them. If I get it straighten out I will write back to say so.

• Kr
    Krystle Diaz Jun 25, 2011

They steal your money with this card when I put the money on the card they inmediatly took 3 dollars from my credit card. this card is supposed to be a secure and more easy way to buy online, but what do we get a money stealing company.

• Kl
    klaw7231 Jun 18, 2011

Speaking from a RN point of view. It's good that you caught it before you took any of it, but let's be realistic here. Had you not been paying attention and taken the medication it would have certainly caused problems. But I ask you, do you ever not pay close attention when you have prescriptions filled, if not then you would certainly notice a different shape or color when the time came to take it. All medications have a unique color, or shape according to medicine and dosage. A 5mg Valium Pill is yellow, a 10 mg pill is the same shape & size but blue in color making the difference impossible not to notice. Pharmacy errors are more common than you may think, and by law have to be logged when discovered in many states. The safeguards in place with medication stopped you from taking something that didn't look right and they worked well. Yes they should have apologized, and it should have not happened, but it did. All prescriptions should be checked everytime at every pharmacy before you leave in the presence of a staff member.

Sassy shopper Jun 16, 2011

Lorna was called to assist customers in the Fabric Department. After providing service to two of the three customers, she left saying she will be right back. I waited 2 minutes then left the items I wanted measured and cut on the table. I will not return to the store to purchase anything. She had the attitude like she was doing me a favor. I will let the store management know of her poor behavior.

• Ka
    Katienoodle Jun 16, 2011

I've never had any problems with my card(or Walmart for that matter). I have it set up for direct deposit for my paycheck, so it costs nothing to put the money on it(I even got $10 free, so 3 free months of fees hahaha) and since I screwed up with my bank and can't open a new account, I don't mind paying the now $3/month fee.

The personalized version came quickly, I have no issues with checking my balance online, and no issues paying for things. They don't even charge an overdraft fee, like most banks would(I didn't have enough in there to cover something, but it went through because something else hadn't, so it went over when the previous purchase cleared).

All in all, I would much rather deal with this card than the actual bank, who made me feel like an idiot because they charged me over $350 in overdraft fees(considering the thing that hadn't cleared had been purchased 2 weeks before I used the card for the purchases that overdrew my account, someone should have been on the ball there). I have to get Direct Deposit, and this was the most convenient option for now.

• Sb
    SBGypsi Jun 14, 2011

Arrrrrrr I just spent half my morning dealing with Walmartmoneycard personnel that either don't speak English or they don't understand there job well enough to fix the problem. Instead of say they don't understand, they just say ok no problem we can fix that, and nothing gets fixed, or they just transfer you to another dept, so someone else can deal with you, or the one I love the best they just hang up on you. Now I thought Walmart was such an American company, that they were here for the American people, but when I ask who/how there people were being trained, or why don't they hire more American, or at least people who speak, and understand the language??? They just say sorry your out of luck! Then they have the nerve to charge you money for calling them to fix a problem that was there fault to start with, and also charge me a monthly fee for a card that I don't even have yet due to there error, so finally after going through 6 to 7 people, and two supervisors, they say we will give you your money back and express mail me a new card, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath! So my biggest question is to the Walmart CEO"S do you truly think your doing the American people a true service, or are you just so money hungry that you would screw over your people????? Well I'm one American that is very disappointed in the down fall of Walmart, and needless to say a soon as I can get my money off this stupid card, I will not be using this service any longer...

• Ba
    babiboo56 Jun 07, 2011

I had went to walmart in elk grove the other day to buy a laptop and the man had told me they were out of stocked, so i was a little upset he had told me that there was some in the another walmart bout 15mins away so i drove there and once i got there they said they were out also. so i was really upset the other walmart lied to me, and once i tired to buy another laptop at the other walmart they had given me the worstest customer serive ever the lady working didnt smile, looked mad even working. elk grove in ill, and rolling meadows worst experice ever.

• Ju
    JUSTICE4345 Jun 04, 2011

Its always saying my pin is wrong i dont know were to change it. WALMART IS NOT ALLOWD IN BOSTON FOR STEALING OVERTIME FROM THEIR WORKERS WHEN THEY WERE HERE MAYOR MENINO SAYS NO WALMART .WALMART NEED TO BE PUNISHED FOR ALL THE SCANDELS

James C Millay Jun 02, 2011

My wife and I were looking at flowers at our local Walmart. We wondered over to the Home and Garden section located on the north sector of the building. We paced isle to isle looking for some flowers we liked. The next thing I know I have a half long 1/4 inch thick splinter in my arm. The splinter went in just up from my elbow. I examined my environment to try and make sense of how this happened. Noticed that one of there second shelf pallets was improperly position on the steal racking. The pallet hung out a good 4 - 5 inches further then other pallets in addition to having a section of the pallet broken of into a splintery mess. I was simply walking and the splinter caught my arm. It hurt at first, but I was to aggravated to let the pain bother me. I informed a gentlemen with a radio working back in that department. Showed him the splinter and he said i'm sorry i'll take care of that. I showed him the pallet. I went and got my wife's camera and took pictures of my arm and exposed pallet. I then proceeded to the customer service desk. They called a manager up front for me. I waited patiently for 10 minutes. No one came! I then decided I would just call. Once I called they were pretty quick to get a manager on the phone. She apologized and took my information and initialized a claim for me. I went to the local med clinic who deals directly with walmarts insurance and they informed me I would be out of pocket for the visit. I shouldn't have to be out of pocket and play the worry game to see if one day they will pay me back.

• Ni
    Nikkiboo Jun 02, 2011

I stood exactly 40min waiting for another worker to call someone to help me in the shoe area the lady didn't even come back so I asked another lady for help and then she ended up dissapearing so I had no other choice but to go look for a manager so I went to the back of walmart where layaway is by the electronics stood there for 10 min waiting for the one of two lasys to acknowledge me but it took them 10 min to do that because the were looking at coupon book while on the job talking about there life story so finally after a hour of trying to get they called there manager of course I didn't expect the manager to get there right away haha sarcasm she told hold and made a call on her walkie talkie and asked is anyone covering the shoe section. What the hell isn't she suppose to knw well they never helped one her friend/employee look at what I looking for in the first place and said oh no we don't have more in your size when I never told her my size FORGET WALMART there a bunch of lazy workers that get paid for having there head up there A$$ 5-30-11

• Be
    behzadnazari May 18, 2011

All you people who complain about Walmart. Email your complains to BBB at bbb.com. I see thousands of complains in sites that Walmart could not care less about and one complain to BBB WILL be answered. Regardless on how big the company is, ther credit rating in bbb effects their credibility. Hit this small business killer where it hurts.
    Their credit rating is A+ and this is the same company that used the slogan " We buy American, We sell American" for years. Remember that?

All your complains WILL be answered only if you submit to BBB. Walmart executives are not stupit, they have been counting on the normal Joe's stupidity for years.
    Complain to BBB.com and get response faster that you think

• Ea
    earthangel May 11, 2011

My daughter went to Walmart to pick up two prescriptions for me. When she arrived, only one was ready. They called us with a recorded message to pick up our prescriptions but, did not tell us the other prescription wasn't in stock until we got to the store. This is bad business practice and they will lose customers. The prescription was a necessity and we had to go to another store late in the evening to get it. There is no excuse for this.

Also, the clerk at the register was supposed to call my doctor to change a prescription from name brand to generic and she said she didn't have to do that, as though it wasn't her job to be considerate or polite. Employees like that will turn Walmart customers into CVS or Walgreen customers.

• Du
    Duften May 06, 2011

This card was a godsend for me actually. I went through some financially difficult times a few years ago and could not get a checking account. I set up direct deposit and never had a fee for anything. I was even able to link the account to a savings account I had with ING Direct, fund my PayPal account with it, receive tax refunds, etc. Although it could be a bit weird being out to dinner and pulling out a Wal-Mart Money Card, I had a great experience with them. Now that I've cleaned up my financial problems and have a checking account again, I'm almost sad to see it go. It was nice to be able to deposit money and have it available immediately 24 hours a day.

• Al
    Alfred Johnson Apr 22, 2011

Be aware of the extra time that it take Zune to cancell your account with them! Zune has a delayed response time from the day you call to cancell your account, it take them another month to full fill your request! then Zune want to give you a partial refund, haha, NOT!
    Also you have all of the major companies moving their bussinesses over Sea's where there are "SLAVE LABOR" this how these companies can "RIP" you off by getting around American LAW! Wake Up America, Let the REVOLOUTION BEGIN!! William (Bill) Gates Jr.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 16, 2011

Do you have a library near your house? Or a friend/family member with a printer? Really, asking you to bring a copy of your receipt with is not a big request. You're over-reacting.

• Gl
    Glundine41 Apr 15, 2011

I recently made a purchase of a 32" flat screen tv, also a wall mount to hang the tv. I changed my mind about hanging the tv. When i tried to return the mount, which by the way is still in walmart original packaging, I was told I needed a printed out piece of paper in order to return it. I advised 2 separate managers that I make purchases online with my phone and I do not own a printer. They advised me that was not there problem and without a printed out piece of paper there was nothing they could do for me. I advised them that when I picked the tv and the mount up from the store I didn't have to show a piece of printed out paper in order to pick it up. They advised me once again that there is nothing they could do for me letting me know that walmart and walmart.com are 2 separate companies. This leads me to believe that a customer will lose out on any purchase made on walmat.com if any paperwork is lost in this process. This is unacceptable to me and I will make it my personal business to advise as many people through as many avenues as I possibly can about the way people are treated when trying to return a product under walmarts so called easy return policy! I have now cancelled my credit cards through walmart and personally refuse to make any more purchases through walmart or walmart.com! I consider myself to be a good customer and always make payments in a timely manner and if walmart and walmart.com are willing to treat me this way imagine how any other customer will be treated. All this occurred in a walmart store o. A Sunday and please keep in mind that I spoke with 2 separate managers one being a female and the other a male. I also spoke with a walmart.com customer service representative who also was unable to help. None of the three individuals even seemed like they cared to lose a customer or five as I do have a family. My suggestion to any other families is to stay away and support your local businesses, because as we all know times are hard these days without having to worry about getting burned by corporate giants. I will be posting this exact email word for word on as many review sites as I possibly can in order to help any other individuals or families make the same mistake I did!!!

• Ef
    EffingFrustrated Mar 31, 2011

I just want to put this out there in case someone else ever has this issue... someone got one of those Moneycard things and put down my email address. On the user ID notification email, they provided a phone number in case i "received the message in error" however, once you call said number you cannot get through the auto teller without a moneycard number or a ssn associated with a money card. This is the only number on the moneycard web site. I end up on the phone with regular Wal Mart customer service and get a different number and instructions to choose option four. This yielded identical results. Called customer service back and they took my name and number for someone to call me back in 3 business days. This is still not good enough. So I kept calling back the secret number customer service gave me and tried different options. If anyone else has this problem or just plain needs to talk to a person here is what you do :

Call [protected]
    Pick option 2 (the one to report a card that has never been received)
    They will ask for your ssn and a bunch of other stuff. I put in all zeros that corresponded to the correct number of digits they were asking for. It did get tripped up with the zeros when asking for your birthday but ultimately sent me to a real person.

The whole process took me over an hour, and they had no "complaint department" to connect me to. My only option is to write a letter to a PO box, but I get the feeling there is just a trash can on the other side of that mail slot.

• El
    Ella Yount Mar 29, 2011

how am i suppose to check my balance and discontinue this stupid cars

• Pa
    PandaGmomes Mar 26, 2011

Honestly, I have to say these complaints would have been about 75% avoided if you had just read the text given to you with the card... it's really not hard to understand: If you don't have direct deposit, you get a $3.00 charge, as is with most credit/debit cards for bad credit or for someone in ChexSystems. It's not difficult to be careful with a card, non-the-less all the customer service people I have talked to over the phone with my card have been extremely helpful (They even waived a fee for me when they indirectly charged me for something without even a question.) so again, my card has been good to me. I plan on getting a checking account but I almost want to keep the card because it won't let me get gas for my car unless I physically walk in and charge it as a credit transaction, which is the reason I got into ChexSystems because checking debit cards only charge $1.00 to a card and let the gas fill up then the gas station charges you 3 days later. Well... if you don't have the money in your account, you get charged $35.00 overdraft fees, and THEN ontop of that, you get charged for every small transaction you made after. So the bottom line is, keep track of your account balance, end of story.

• Sm
    smeldraper Mar 23, 2011

No really big issues with the card, however they never sent a replacement and upon calling them they said it was sent but because I never updated my address it never came. I logged in and checked my address and I don't see no issues with it. :(

• Ro
    Rosie Right Mar 19, 2011

I have shopped Walmart stores here in San Antonio for many, many years, as well as anywhere here in the states that I have traveled. I have never received anything but the most courteous service from any employee, greeter, etc. with whom I've come in contact. I was very disturbed by some of the complaints listed against Walmart, including the admitted thief who was caught stealing (a 21 yr. old mother, no less) objecting to the security guard's treatment!
    What kind of example is she setting for her child? Walmart has good product for the cost and I for one will continue to shop at and support Walmart stores!

• Er
    Erk417 Mar 19, 2011

Multiple calls from Walmart collections for a Joshua Grissom. This number is not, and was never his. The foreign caller even went so far as to say "You cannot avoid u Mr. Grissom by pretending to be someone else". Told them repeatedly this is not his number. Next day, same thing. Over and over. Rude and disrespectful. I wish people realized what Walmart was really about. We could close them all down.

jose1795 Mar 18, 2011

NO AC IN THE SUMMER, NO HEAT AT ALL IN THE WINTER TIME. ALSO
    PAID BELOW MINUM WAGE WITCH IS 7.25 AND HOUR, THEY PAID 60 A WEEK AND THERE IS NO OVERTIME PAID AT ALL WITCH IS NYC LAW. THEY ALSO DONT GIVE NO LUNCH BREAK WITCH THERE SOPPOUSE TO BY LAW GIVE PEOPLE 30MIN TO 45MINS. THEY RUSH US TO EAT. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS THIS IS WRONG

• Mo
    money card complaint Mar 18, 2011

ALERT:this walmart money card is a joke.when i bought it it seem to be the perfect thing for me but what you don't know is that first of all they charge you three dollars a month just for having it and every time you want to take money out you can only take so much out at a time and they charge 2 dollars for each transaction, also you can never talk to a customer service person they always hang up on you, i called to cancel my card and i did and they told me that they were gonna send me a check by mail and when i got it finally 2 weeks later the check had an UNREADBLE BANK NUMBER and i told walmart that i got it from their own company and they just said that they could not do anything so i tried calling every number and after all i finally got to talk to a live person and told them my story and they are sending me my check again by rush delivery by fed ex cuz i told them to do it with no charge since it's their fault and every body is happy THIS IS THE NUMBER TO CALL IF YOU HAVE A WALMART MONEY CARD AND HAVE ANY QUESTIONS [protected] YOU WILL GET A PERSON RIGHT AWAY!AND IF YOU HAD THIS PROBLEM ALLREADY DON'T BUY ANOTHER ONE TRUST ME...

• Am
    Amy Stinemetz Mar 18, 2011

I tried to cash my payroll check this morning at Walmart..and was told that certegy denied it, I was given a reciept with a transaction number and phone number.
    I called gave them the information it asked for and was told there was no available information for this transaction, I had to contact someone for a copy of my credit report. Since I already a current copy of my credit report I checked it and found nothing that should have effected my cashing a payroll check..Walmart there is nothing they can do, and Certegy Check services has no information. How are you supposed to find out what is going on? I realize this was not Walmart, but Certegy..

• Yo
    YouWontLikeMeWhenIAmAngry Mar 17, 2011

What you just experienced was not an act from Wall-Mart.

What happens is that a criminal goes into wall-mart. In this case with a broken/defective camera. They pick up the other camera and switch out the camera's inside. Then you purchase the box with the switched camera and now you have the lemon.

Unless someone from wall-mart identifies it as fraud/theft then it won't be handled as such. The problem your having now is due to a policy to prevent the above action because a variation of the theft is where you buy the camera and do the swap outside. So the policy is designed to prevent that type of theft, but obviously the issue is that someone did it in-store and now your stuck with the loss.