ADVERTISIMENT

Walmarthiring workers to help who can't speak english

U Review updated:

They are now hiring people to help you in the store who don't speak english! When I needed some help there was only a girl who only spoke spanish avaliable. When we couldn't figure out what i needed I left the store not purchacing anything. I called to talk to the manager later, he became defensive and said that they could hire who they want and hung up on me!!! I will never be shopping there again! I can't belive they are shooting thereself in the foot like that!

• Da
    Dana Scruggs Nov 12, 2021

I hate that Walmart hires Telecommunicators who speak broken English, and I literally cannot understand what they are saying. These telecommunicators read from a set of scripted answers. If I try to repeat the order code back to the telecommunicator they speak over me or they keep reading from a script. I kept saying wait . . . wait . . . wait . . . WAIT!!! They ask you a question and they do not give you the opportunity to answer the question. Rather, they just keep reading from their scripted answers. And when I ask them a question, there is this dead silence on the other end of the phone! They obviously cannot understand me . . . nor can I understand them.

WALMART HIRES PEOPLE IN 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES TO MANAGE THEIR TELECOMMUNICATIONS JOBS! WHY? BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPER FOR WALMART TO OUTSOURCE THESE TELECOMMUNICATION JOBS FROM THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES . . . AND THEIR ENGLISH IS SO BROKEN THAT i LITERALLY CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM! THIS TAKES TELECOMMUNICATION JOBS AWAY FROM USA CITIZENS! IT IS BAD FOR OUR ECONOMY. AND, IT IS A DISSERVICE TO THESE EMPLOYEES TO PUT THEM IN A TELECOMMUNICATION JOB, WHEN THEIR ENGLISH ID SO BROKEN THAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THEN AT ALL!

TO REITERATE, THESE EMPLOYEES ARE WORKING THE TELEPHONE CALLS FROM A THIRD WORLD NATION, SO THESE OUTSOURCED JOBS DO NOT HELP THE USA ECONOMY! WHY WON'T THEY HIRE TELECOMMUNICATORS WHO SPEAK ENGLISH WELL . . . AND THEY COULD REALLY USE A JOB! OUTSOURCING JOBS HURTS THE USA ECONOMY AND JOBS MARKET!

IF THEIR ENGLISH IS AS BAD AS I DESCRIBE . . . THEN THEY LITERALLY CANNOT DO THEIR JOB.

NOTE: HIRING MINORITIES IS A GREAT THING FOR BUSINESS DIVERSITY! HOWEVER, HIRING NON ENGLISH SPEAKING EMPLOYEES WHO LIVE IN A THIRD WORLD NATION HELPS NO ONE! KEEP JOBS IN THE USA WALMART! STOP OUTSOURCING! AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF THE PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH . . . WHY WOULD YOU PUT THEM IN A TELECOMMUNICATION POSITION!?

SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT AN EMPLOYEE, WHO CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH, IN A TELECOMMUNICATIONS JOB!? IT HURTS THAT EMPLOYEE AS WELL, BECAUSE THEY CAN'T DO THE JOB!

• Bc
    BCZip Jun 10, 2010

We have many Hispanic and Bosnian / Romanian employees at the Walmart I visit. Too often, these are people who do not speak English.

I think it's fine for Walmart to hire non-English speaking employees; however, these employees should NOT be put on the floor where English-speaking Customers need assistance. It frustrates the Customers (who will most likely shop elsewhere), and it can also frustrate the employees.

Another note: I speak Spanish and several times when I have asked for assistance from an employee, they acted as though they don't speak / understand English. I then hear them telling other Hispanic employees (in Spanish) how they do this so they don't have to deal with the Customers. This is not good for Walmart or any business, when trying to make sales in an English-speaking country. (You would not get away with putting non-Spanish speaking employees in a Mexican Walmart!)

When I visit Spain, I speak my best Spanish (not perfect, I will admit). They know Spanish is not my primary language, and will ask me where I am from. When I tell them the USA / EEUU, they then try to speak English to me, as a courtesy, but not a requirement.

When in Rome...

• Ke
    Kestp Feb 08, 2010

This is not a critique of one's grammar. Go to an educational site if that is what you want to do. Most people are not very concerned with grammar and spelling under these circumstances. So krispix318, get off your high horse and find a more appropriate site to post your self-righteous and pompous BS

• Kr
    krispix318 Nov 28, 2009

Also, I do believe that most businesses in this country are equal opportunity employers. While I agree that they should have staff on hand who speak the dominant language of the area, you seem to be posting from an area called "Las Cruces" which sounds like Spanish to me. On the other hand, I do find it hard to believe that there was absolutely no English speaking associates in the entire store.

Comment Guidelines