Walgreens Pharmacywrong prescription

I dropped off a prescription for Pamelor on 7/13/10 and picked it up the next day. I am to take this medication before bedtime so I did not notice the mistake till late in the evening and realized I was given the wrong medication. They gave me Prozac. I know mistakes can happen so you should really be aware of what you are taking. Lesson learned, check the prescription before leaving pharmacy!!!

• Am
    amysue529 Jun 16, 2011

I am a pharmacist and I will agree with this one. Check your medication before you take any. Mistakes can happen, we are still human. In this case, you should also urge your doctor to type out prescriptions or call them in to the pharmacy. More than likely this was the case of really bad penmanship on the doctor's behalf. Sometimes we literally turn our head sideways trying to read their chicken-scratching. But, we do our best.