Having problems with Vodacom?

Vodacom reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 6, 2008. The latest review reactivating my sim number was posted on Oct 20, 2021. The latest complaint paying for service I did not get: listed on my invoice as blackberry internet service was resolved on Jun 15, 2018. Vodacom has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 3514 reviews. Vodacom has resolved 104 complaints.

Vodacom Customer Service Contacts

+27 82 111 (Customer Service)
+27 821 904 (Vodacom Fibre)
+27 82 135 (Data Support)
+27 821 958 (Cancellations)
+27 821 7844 (Sales & Upgrades)
+27 821 960 (Vodacom Business)
+27 821 940 (Vodacom Corporate)
+27 116 535 000 (Head Office)
082 Vodacom Boulevard
Thu8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vodacom Customer Service. Initial Vodacom complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vodacom above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vodacom. Discuss the issues you have had with Vodacom and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vodacom Complaints & Reviews, Page 57

Vodacomwhy is my phone not on yet after doing a sim swap 36 hours ago?

My phone was stolen, so I bought a new one spent time at the vodashop in the langeberg mall in mossel bay, spoke to a very helpful gentlemen who attended to me, let me have a new sim card, and put it in my phone. He asked me some questions regarding my number [protected] which I answered. I had my id as well as the latest water and lights account to prove my residency which I gave him.
He told me that my phone would be on and working within 4 to 24 hours. Well it is 36 hours now and it is still not on.
My problem is that this is my business number I have a restaurant, sand have not been able to take bookings for the past 6 days hence we are very quiet and it is holiday season.
Please attend to this very urgently, I have no other way to be contacted but on that number which is now still not working after spending thousands buying another phone.
Regards
Myra prinsloo
[protected]

Vodacom[protected] automatic bundles everyday

Good day

I contacted your customerscare sunce Monday to try and solve the issue of adding costs and data bundles each day to my account.

They said I must send a letterhead from our church in which I ask for cancelation. My problem is why must I send a letter on a letterhead to cancel a service which I did not asked for on a letterhead and how was it activated.? I did send the letter and today another automatic debit was made on the account after I had received an email that all exstra services was removed. I phoned your business line and was informed that they are still working on my complaint. My normal bill is about R350 data contract per month. It is mow already R1200 and is still escalating. I want a refund unless you can prove that we applied for this services on a letterhead.

If not send me my balance to cancel all contracts with with immediate effect. This is the worse service I ever received from a company and I will definitely send this information to the media.

If Vodacom do this to 1 million clients, an extra income of R80 million rand per day is generated.

My next move will be to cancel the contract

Respond

Vodacomsuspended account after cancellation.

Good day,

On december 18 in 2017 I cancelled my contract which is two number a [protected] and another one. I cancelled both. Now after six months I am in arrears. I do know my rights and I also know that this is a fault from vodacom. I am going to get the ombudsman involved as my account is suspended.

Can someone from management please assist me. I have never had trouble with vodacom.

I am really disgusted with this service as I cancelled it and I am 110% sure of it. The woman said that my account is on r0.00 and sorry I am not going to pay the money as I see this as fraud.

It was paid in the shop at alberton city and the lady who helped me said that everything is paid up and cancelled.

Respond

Vodacomunauthorized open contract upgrade and bill

vodacom has charged me a ridiculous bill for not using their data service whilst I was using wifi. I got served a bill of R5000 for downloading a game of 2.8gig and doesn't notify one when data or airtime has been exasuted just automatically starts charging exponential rates that are second to none. I want to take them to court and have my charges reduced, my contract reverted back to a top up package and my credit rec restored for the have black listed me after I refused to pay for something I did not use.

Vodacombad service

How can your upgrade date just change?.. 1st time to the store no stock, 2nd time problem with the system, 3rd time upgrade date changed from 26 May to 1 July.. how is that possible??? And the consultants dont really go out of their way to sort it out, just tells you to come back at that date??? I am very angry and frustrated, more than 10 years with vodacom and now I have a good mind to cancel the contract..

Respond

Vodacom — contract in arrears due to vodacom negligence

A week or so ago I receive a letter from Vodacom confirming that I am being handed over to their Lawyer...

Cape Town

Vodacomobtaining a new contract

It has taken us 3 weeks to get a new contract! Still nothing. The vodashop in the town we live in never have stock available, they do not answer emails or provide feedback on what is happening with the request submitted. Then when we go to vodacom directly to order online, still nothing. Another 5 days have passed and we get a reply that we have not submitted information as requested, when the last mail we sent in regards to it was not answered?? Does the people working at vodacom want to do business? Do they know how customer services work? What is going on at vodacom?

Vodacomcell tower not working for 10 days

Vodacom tower at Pearly Beach has not been working for about 10 days. Numerous complaints have had no effect. Responses range from "were working on it" to "our technicians can't get there". Not only inconvenient as it is my only form of communication but also means my data and SMS packages have expired. I assume these packages will be refunded and the company will be liable for losses due to lack of communications.

Respond

Vodacommy account being used fraudulent

I took a contract out with Vodacom a few years ago, I have been paying every single month up un till the insident have accured. 2016 May I have been deb +/- R4000, I contact customer care line and they said I have been transferred to another accounts dep and that the matter will get sorted out it self, I left and trust it will and I know how professional Vodacom is. June came and I got Dep +/- R17 000, I automatic hit a panic attack as I don't even have so much money, my accounts bounced and I was terrified what is happening. I phone Vodacom again and again and had versions phone calls and they said they could not assist me and that I must speak to another person that deals with account. I reversed the dep and told them they need to sort it out . July come and they told me, my account is in arrears with +/- R33 000.00 Vodacom handed over the account to the attorneys and said they going to take action. I was terrified and still is today. I am a loyal customer and Vodacom took my ifdentity away and I can't get any account and do anything. Please can I beg you and ask you very nice if somebody can look in it and sort it out, as it's been 2 years and nothing is been done about it. It does not help phoning Vodacom, because nobody takes accountability for the actions and I get referred to all different people all the time . Help please

Respond

Vodacom — lack of vodacom signal at hotel in kzn

We have had an ongoing problem with Vodacom signal at our lodge for past two years. We have been calling the...

Vodacomvodacom service

Good Day

My name is Salphy Tsiri, cellphone number [protected]. I am currently on prepaid. Yesterday I went to Game to open a new cellphone contract I was told by the admin person that I am appearing on their system as active but the number is prepaid. I need to call Vodacom to clear /archive that status first (she gave me the number 082 1948) so that she is able to open a new contract for me with the same number. Today I called the number whereby after speaking to the 3rd person I was informed that I need to speak to customer care. I phoned customer care and they took me from pillar to post by transferring me to different people. I asked for a simple thing, I don't understand why I should be moved between different people without assistance. This is poor service delivery at its best and you need to improve on this kind of behaviour since it cause frustration.

Vodacomonline order poor service

I applied for a contract online - did not hear anything from them when I contacted them, they told me the color of the phone that I wanted was out of stock??? Phoned again, then they told me they haven't done the credit check yet. What is the problem now?? Cant you pick up a phone and contact your customer???

I stil have not heard anything from vodacom!!!

Respond

Vodacomno refund, no response. repulsive service.

In my personal opinion I have never experienced such incompetent and pathetic service in all my life.

I contacted vodacom on 25 may 2018 early morning in regards to an amount that has been deducted for over a year for a dongle that was never delivered nor being used.
                      I was informed to send an email to their fraud department along with my id, affidavit and proof of residence. I sent all this info on 28 may 2018.

I was told it takes up to 48 hours to resolve the issue.

I called back on 4 june 2018 to follow up and I was informed that my email has not even been received. I then resent the email again and got a response with a reference number. Again being informed that it takes up to 48 hours to resolve.

On 18 june 2018 I have still had no response, no call, no emails in return. I called back again this time I had to use a landline as when dialling the number on a cell phone the voice over was saying the number does not exist. I sat on the phone for over an hour with the most incompetent agents. After speaking to two agents who couldn't communicate correctly in english I asked to be put through to the manager. The agent "bokondwa" said "we don't have any managers, only a team leader". I was shocked. She put me through to this so called "team leader" simangele. Her attitude is repulsive. I clearly indicated to her not once but 4 times that I am not happy about repeating myself for the 5th time and I would like to speak with a manager as a consumer I have the right to complain especially when I have money being taken incorrectly. She said to me in her exact words "the managers do not deal with this, they will not know how to handle this." she further more refused to give me the managers names and email addresses.

In other words my rights were violated as the call ended with me not speaking to a manager and being informed it would be sorted out and I would receive a call of the result latest wednesday 20 june 2018.

Not to my surprise it is thursday 21 june 2018. I have not received a call. No emails nothing.

This service is unacceptable and leaves a bitterness.
                      I can understand how vodacom loses customers when they are forced to deal with ridiculous people like the agents I have spoken to.

Furthermore I would like this issue to be resolved today as well as my money refunded for the hour long phone call I was forced to stay on.

Reference number - ec-1jgc-2dtvm2

Thank you.

Nikki van der merwe.

Respond

Vodacomwe are trying to blacklist our devices which was stolen.

I have a device which was blacklisted by Vodacom (according to the SMS I got) but can't get the ITC number because the sim card was a Telkom Sim. Telkom say I must contact Vodacom and Vodacom say I must contact Telkom. The IMEI no is [protected]. The device was a Apple iPhone 5, White, 16GB. Please can someone please get the ITC no. to us as I need it for Insurance purposes and our whole payment is been delayed because of this.

Respond

Vodacomcosts and lack of statements

Good day. I cancelled my vodacom contract but have received notification from a collection agency. I have asked numerous times for full statements detailing data usage as it was grossly more expensive than what I used. I am not receiving any response and will not pay anything until I have full details including data unit usage and costs in a full detailed statement. Please assist. Former number [protected]

Respond

Vodacom — upgrade!!! nope!!!

I am extremely unhappy with the service from vodacom. I was informed that I can upgrade my current contract...

Vodacomcell phone airtime

Last year Vodacom overcharged me by R1 900 over a couple of months and could not explain the extra charges on my account. Eventually WASPA sorted it out and I was refunded.
                            Now it is happening again and I am being charged for products which have not been authorised by me.
                            Vodacom assured me last year that they would block any unauthorised charges to my account but now these are appearing again.

Vodacomclaim - cell phone stolen - ombudsman contact details required

Good Morning
                              My cell phone has been stolen and Thab Mall Vodacom filled in the claim and send it in. The Insurance company phoned and said that we had to pay R300. We agreed. The next day Thaba Mall Vodacom phoned and said we had to pay another additional R400 as the insurance cover is not enough!! We said that when we took out the contract they asked if we want insurance and we agreed, now that is not enough. Surely that is not our problem as we did not name an insurance amount to pay. Time is running out and we don't get any real answers from anynody. We are trying to get contact details for the Ombudsman but also to no avail.

Can you please assist us.
                              HD SCHOLTZ
                              CELL [protected]

Vodacomupgrade cancellation

I recently phoned to cancel upgrades to two contracts recently after reconsidering my options and decided to rather go instore.
                                No problem at all! ... or so I was told.
                                The microsoft office packages which came with the upgrade would be collected and the upgrades reversed.
                                Two weeks later... no collection and back on the phone... if you have patience to hold the line for more than 10 minutes.
                                The upgrades were reversed according to the assistant on the phone and I will be able to go to a store to do the instore upgrade.
                                Got there... open order still showing. Upgrade can't be done... more phone calls from Vodacom to the responsible team. Reply was it will take 24 hrs.
                                Great! After 24 hrs back to the shop I went. The store manager looked into the issue as I was yet again unable to do the upgrade due to open orders. He sent a mail to get it cancelled.
                                Today out of the blue I received an email to say my order was processed and out for delivery?? Really! I AM TRYING TO CANCEL IT!!! And again... microsoft office packages were delivered which I refused to take. The others for return still await collection.
                                Another phone call to try and sort out the mess I was told that they will again log a cancellation - it will take 5 to 7 days. REALLY?

The disconnect between vodacom sales, online departments, stores etc. Is unbelieveable.

Vodacomoutstanding payment

2 months ago I contacted Vodacom regarding a debit order that returned. I explained to them my financial situation and made a payment arrangement to pay the outstanding +/_ R5500 over three months. The consultant I spoke to said that it's fine and he will suspend my debit orders in order for me to make the monthly arranged payment. I had to pay R1768 per month in top of whatever my monthly subscription was. I have been doing this for the past two months owing just one more payment if R1768 plus whatever my subscription is. Now all of a sudden they have suspended my phone line untill payment received and threatening to blacklist me. I was promised emails to confirm arragement wich I am stilk waiting for. All I want is to pay the money I owe them according to the arrangement I made with their consultant. Can someone please help me as I am trying my best and I am meeting my end of the arrangement but now they are going back on it. Hope someone can assist.