Unauthorized Charges Virgin Active South Africa Customer Service membership cancelled
Virgin Active South Africa / membership cancelled
Add a Comment
I migrated to the Netherlands early March 2019.
- I requested cancellation of membership mid December 2018,
- I and my family STOPPED using services as of mid December 2018 (You can check your club access records to verify this)
- My understanding was that because my membership was cancelled, and my family did not use any of your services as of mid December 2018, ANY MONIES (R455 X 2) debited from my account on 1 January 2019 would serve as the cancellation fees.
- After requesting cancellation of membership, Virgin Active continued collecting club membership fees AD INFINITUM, i.e. 1) R900 debited on 1 February 2019; 2) R900 debited on 1 March 2019; R900 debited on 1 April 2019; R2700 debited on 1 May 2019, R2700 debited on 1 June 2019; R2700 to be debited on 1 July 2019,
- In addition to the club membership fees of R2700 to be deducted on 1 July 2019, I was informed by Happy Mashele that Virgin Active requires an additional cancellation fee of R2700 to be paid via EFT on 1 July 2019. - A total of R5400 is to be paid on 1 July 2019, for membership which was cancelled mid December 2019, for membership which was not used since mid December 2018.
- It seem acceptable business practice to Virgin Active that a member / family who cancelled membership in mid December 2018, Virgin Active collect a total of R15300 after cancellation, and after we stopped using your services, in lieu of an actual contract cancellation fee of R900 as of mid December 2018?
I having been taking this matter up with Happy Mashele / Koketso since beginning June 2019, with a mail from Happy today indicating that I need to contact the retentions department (0860 number) as they will assist with membership cancellation. (Full e-mail trail is available)
Again, our family migrated to the Netherlands mid March 2019, and I find Virgin Active's approach to dealing with our membership cancellation very poor.
Again, my expectation from Virgin Active is that -
- Virgin Active immediately cancel any debit orders against my South African Bank Account, and
- Virgin Active refund membership fees collected after cancellation (Minus the cancellation fee of R900, as of cancellation during mid December 2018.