Menu

reviews & complaints

US Bank Complaints Summary

118 Resolved
728 Unresolved
Our verdict: With US Bank's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for US Bank has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of US Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

US Bank complaints 846

Sort by:

Newest US Bank reviews & complaints

D
5:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Today (Oct 27, 2023), I arrived the the US Bank, 18485 SW Farmington Rd., Aloha, OR 97007. The drive up window was closed. It has been closed many times for the last 6 months or more. I used the bank 3 time in October & the drive up window was closed. I'm handicapped & it's painful to pull my walker from the car & go indoors. They are always polite ...

8:58 pm EDT

US Bank Excessive penalty on early withdrawal of cd

Hello,

I was not able to renew CD yesterday, so it renewed automatically at a rate of only .05% for a 6 months term.

US Bank refused to do anything to adjust the rate or term. So I had to close the account.

When I closed the account today i was charged 1% of the deposited amount or $250.

This amount is excessive and usury, even though the money is my own.

I wanted to report the deceptive, unconventional and usury behavior of this Bank.

John Schmidt

[protected]@yahoo.com

[protected]

Desired outcome: Reduce my $250 charge to the average penalty imposed by other financial institutions for a similar transaction.

A
9:49 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Oct 11th 2023 I deposited a check for $9500.00 into the ATM depost slot at the Camdenton MO branch. I did this because your bank hours are imposible for any person with a job to get to the bank before they close and now your not even open on weekends. I was waiting for this check to clear for the sale of my camper. This money was very important to be...

T
6:41 pm EDT

US Bank Overdraft fees

My name is Howard Langley. My wife and I have had an account with US Bank for over ten years now. ONCE AGAIN, today my hard earned paycheck went into my account, and before we know it , we have $150 in overdraft fees. Clearly something that could have been avoided with a simple decline or heads up from our bank. OR just charge one overdraft fee, and decline the rest. But apparently US Bank is happier stealing my money than being a reliable, family trusted bank. This has happened before and we have been incredibly patient. This time however is too much. My family is on too tight of a budget to deal with these shady dealings from, what should be , a bank we can trust and mean back on. In my line of work, I have plenty of younger people setting up direct deposit accounts and needing to know a good Nanak to set up an account with. I’m not really sure where to point them anymore, but I will make sure I tell them us bank would be a mistake.

Do better US Bank

L
12:24 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

US Bank Opening up fake/mistory/side/secondary accounts without customer acknowledged

Yes I had open up a Checking/Savings, account in [protected]. Now unaware to me, the branches opened up 3 more of each and no one claims too be able too find those accounts. But in 2021-22, during Arbriation US BANK, Attorney claims I had

1. Checking

2. Secondary

3. Auto loan only.

Inside of groceries store on Foothill and Euclid in Upland, Ca.

Desired outcome: Return all funds in all accounts, credit cards, and pay trouble damages and 5% interest from date accounts were open. Are be allowed too be represented by a Law firm Because it was not heard at a court but over the phone and internet where.

E
10:41 pm EDT

US Bank Employer 401k

Several months ago, I resigned from US Bank. I had a 401k. I contacted employee's customer service about this issue because I was concerned about fees taking my small balance and putting it in the negative, and they stated that since I had only worked there for two weeks and had about 8 dollars in my 401k, it would automatically be dissolved and the funds transferred to me in a check.

However, I just received a 401k statement that clearly shows that this 401k was not dissolved. As I expected, you decided to charge quarterly fees as well.

Desired outcome: I would like the full amount before fees refunded to me, and the 401k closed as promised.

T
2:25 pm EDT

US Bank Business checking

I opened a business checking account recently. Trying to fund the acct via online transfer etc. However, in order to do so I need to complete a Funding Form. I called asking for an account no to transfer the funds. But was told that account no can't be given over the phone. So I sent in the money using the Application ID as instructed. I have not been able to talk to a customer service agent regarding funding the checking acct since I am not given an account no. This is the worst customer service and bank I have come across. Most banks would provide acct no instantly. But with this bank you need to fund the acct virtually first in order for the bank to provide you with an acct no. Long wait times on the phone. When I got hold of the banker, the line was cut. Terrible.

M
1:36 am EDT

US Bank Consumer Credit Application

ATTN: Credit Department

I applied for a US Bank credit card on September 7, 2023.

REF: [protected]

Regardless of why my consumer credit application was denied, it is a violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity and Consumer Credit Protection Acts.

Denying me my right to credit and access to my securities is Fraud!

Since my application has been denied please retract my application collateral security.

Signed Mathew Christopher Carter

Authorized Representative for the all-caps estate MATHEW CARTER

M
11:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a $100 Visa gift card from a Kroger in Arkansas. When I tried using the gift card, I kept getting a "card reader error" message. After several attempts, I ended up having to use my debit card. I tried using it in the next couple of days at a couple of different merchants. It was refused at ALL of them! So, I called the number on the back of the...

S
3:18 pm EDT

US Bank US Bank CD Early Withdrawal Penalty

I just called US Bank and redeemed 2 CD's several months early. The penalty they charged was 3% of the CD amount!

These CD's were only earning .0015%, which on a $40,000 CD would be only $60 per year before compounding. I was charged $1,266.31 in penalties!

Most banks charge you several months interest as a penalty but do not take any of the original principal,

This is outrageous - at most I should have been charged maybe $200 or less.

Desired outcome: I want a reduced penalty - they not only took my interest earned, but also part of the principal. Take the $25 fee and all my earned interest only.

N
6:21 pm EDT

US Bank Unauthorized charge

I use the US Bank Focus Card from where I work my paycheck goes on the card I tried to use my card for gas and it said invalid so I called them and they have to ask me for a password when I call because I had someone try to change my information before. US Bank allowed someone without my permission to charge Blue Cross and Blue Shield on my paycard. They have made my card inactive where I can't pay my bills that are due this weekend and I will have late charges that they should have to pay. They would not even let me get my money off of the card. This is there fault for letting someone do this without my authorization. I am very unhappy with them but they said they don't care. They should have to pay for the card to be expidited to me but they refused even though it was there employee that screwed up my account. They have made me where I have no food either to eat because my money is on my card they made inactive.

Desired outcome: I want to be compensated for my trouble and them not allowing me to get my money off the card to pay my bills. I have no food to eat until I get a new card.

Read full review of US Bank and 1 comment
1 comment
Roy W Brooks
Bismarck, US
Oct 02, 2023 8:51 pm EDT

I need to shed some light on US Bank which doesn't match their "trustworthy" notation. I am a single father with a 15-year-old child who started working last year. I took her to US Bank and opened up a checking and savings account for her. Her work earnings were direct deposited. On June 30, 2023, someone, somewhere breached her account and mobile deposited a check in the amount of $750.00. The bank excepts the check, and the person knew half of its value was available for withdrawal. So, a Zelle in the amount of $425.00 was sent to a one name only person. My daughter came to me in tears when she saw that her checking account was $293.00 in the negative, and her savings account was at zero. US Bank took her savings account money. When my daughter told me, I immediately called the fraud department and reported it. I then went to our local bank and apprised them of the matter and requested the account be closed, and a new one opened since my daughter was getting direct deposit. A day later, I receive a letter stating the transaction was posted and the claim denied. Basically, the bank was pinning the fraud on my 14-year-old daughter. So, I requested the documents that the denial and investigation was based on. At this point, I am just way too furious. I call the fraud number and was bounced around for 8 hours and no one knew what documents I was talking about. I then go back to the local Brance and speak with the manager, again. Assuring him I was not going to allow US Bank to blame my daughter for their lack of protection. The manager then tells me to let him look into it further and that he will get back to me in 30 days. I then receive a letter from the manager following up on the conversation we had, yet the letter stated it would return a response to me within fifteen days. Well, that response never came, and I am still trying to get US Bank to correct them blaming a 14-year-old. Here's the irony, US Bank just payed a 37.5-million-dollar settlement because they were opening up debit and credit cards in customers names, without their permission or knowledge. They got caught. Who's to say they did not orchestrate this fraud against my daughters account, thinking they would just blow it off. Well, that won't happen. People, rethink doing any business with US Bank. If they can dummy credit and debit cards from customers without their knowledge, it just may have happened to you, too. Personally, 37.5 million dollars is a slap on the wrist. If I had done what they have. I would be sitting in a Federal Prison...so wouldn't you. Shame on our regulators for treating such distrust and criminal fraud with a kid glove. You wonder why they violate customers personal information, because they know there are no consequence other than a mere fine. I intend to expose what they are doing to my child, in each and every platform I can. My child is directional to become a pediatrician. Do they care about her future? No. They will report her name to a collection's agency, and she will be barred from opening any bank account anywhere. I won't let that happen. So be put on notice US Bank. I will continue to expose you for the egregious business practices you engage in.

2:27 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They approved products with limited info and inaccurate info concerning account holders' names and TINs. They issued a bank card paperwork and checks all with the wrong names on them. I did not register the account in the name they sent paperwork from. The research department at US bank sent paperwork requesting IRS printouts of my name with a substitute...

K
1:59 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Customer Service Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I encountered with a recent deposit I made at one of your ATMs. On September 22, 2023, I deposited a check for USD 3,000 into the ATM located at Montana State University in the Strand Union building. The deposit was confirmed at the time, and I...

View 0 more photos
C
2:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was wrongfully terminated in my positon as a customer service rep for cardmember service. I was wrongfully accused of call advoidance when my equipment was barely working. My formal manager crystal cho feshaye tried her best to get rid of me and she did by turning everything around on me. I am not the only one that thought this about her. My previous co...

S
4:49 pm EDT

US Bank Reserve line of credit

I had a debit account with Union Bank and they were apparently purchased by US Bank.

I received a statement for $1055, and have tried to get information on how a balance could get that high. They can't provide me any details whatsoever, won't or can't send me anything to support it, yet continue to send statements, and I assume negatively impact my credit.

Desired outcome: Send me a copy of my charges leading to this balance or waive the balance entirely if they can't support the charges.

4:05 pm EDT

US Bank log in problems

why is it 90 % of the time i try to log into my account you are having problems on your end? i am getting a little upset with this it has been going on for weeks. please fix it . i have been with your bank for around 50 years. FIX IT PLEASE! i am getting a little upset with this it says i have not given enough information and not enough words i think i have said enough

Desired outcome: please respond and please fix

12:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good Afternoon My name is John Jenkins. My phone number is [protected], address 2366 Nancy Ln., King George, VA 22485. My HELOC ends with 1425, mortgage 6099. Email Address: [protected]@hotmail.com Recently it was discovered that our HELOC was suspended. I was told that a letter was mailed to us stating that it was suspended. We didn’t receive said letter...

8:07 pm EDT

US Bank Large amount transactions unauthorized transactions

My name is Ronald Eugene Brock Jr Ssn ending in 8222 my implant device has a mass amount of money on it 30.2 cintillion dollars unreal number and us bank branch in eastgate charges a 100 k off my implant device every time I drive by with my girlfriend accounts drained on a daily basis can't go anywhere near a bank without losing money won't make a house call I see my virtual debit card in pets wheelchairs my apartment is an interface trap I think my accounts are being in the process of being taken over please help my address is 4317 long lake drive Batavia Ohio 45103' apartment 7101 Lake point apartments thank you

Desired outcome: help asap

View 0 more photos
Update by Ronald Brock
Sep 02, 2023 8:16 pm EDT

My name is Ronald Eugene Brock Jr my girlfriend apartment is full of interfaces and the charge mass amounts of money off of my accounts and implant device please help shut them off My clothes have micro chips in them my person has several interfaces on it bankers won't shut down

6:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

August 1, 2023, I mobile deposited a check with another bank in my portfolio and that bank had a fraudulent transaction which made the mobile check deposit bounce. At that time US Bank sent me a letter indicating that they are going to close that account but left the account active but a strong hold on it by fraud department. August 15, 2023 while I was on...

A
4:53 am EDT

US Bank Direct Deposit of Social Security

My Social Security is paid at 12:01 AM Central Time on the day its due. Why does US Bank wait several hours past that time before it shows up that they have the money. If i look in my account at 1 am Central time its not there, 3 am central time its not there. Every other bank that i have used has always had my Social Security check deposited by 12:01 am Central time on the day its due. why does US bank not due that. I will have to change banks if that cannot be accomplished. Thanks for your time

Anna McDanel

Freeport, Illinois

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

US Bank contacts