Having problems with US Bank?

US Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 12, 2006. The latest review Visa gift card fraud was posted on Apr 14, 2021. The latest complaint insurance department/customer service was resolved on Aug 13, 2018. US Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 574 reviews. US Bank has resolved 117 complaints.

US Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 872 2657 (Customer Service)
+1 513 632 4141 (Cincinnati Metro)
+1 303 585 8585 (Denver Metro)
+1 414 765 4636 (Milwaukee Metro)
+1 612 872 2657 (Minneapolis / St. Paul Metro)
+1 503 872 2657 (Portland Metro)
+1 314 425 2000 (St. Louis Metro)
+1503 401 9991 (International Collect Calls)
+1 800 365 7772 (Home Mortrage)
+1 800 242 1200 (Existing Student Loans)
+1 800 285 8585 (Lost & Stolen)
800 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, Minnesota

US Bank Complaints & Reviews

Feb 17, 2021

US Bank — atm machine

I tried to take out $300 on Saturday Dec 19th at about 5:04 PM from the banks ATM in Butte MT. The machine...

US BankUS Bank's chief diversity officer is promoting racist policies-not equal opportunity

The fact that race is part of US Bancorp lending decision in the first place is a blatantly racist practice. US Bank is not treating people equally under the law. Based on media reports by US Bank's chief diversity officer Greg Cunningham on Feb 17 2021, they have decided to initiate policy to borrow money to a specific group of people based solely on their skin color. They have decided they are not an equal opportunity employer nor do they give their customers equal opportunity. They have installed racist policies for borrowers as well employees. Whether or not they have initiated new these policies due to their racist past practices is an open question. But the fact is they are now engaged in racist, possibly illegal practices which give prioritization to certain people based solely on their immutable physical characteristics instead of whether or not they have a worthy credit history or meet equal and objective criteria across the board. I wish to voice my displeasure with racist policies like US Bancorp has now started. I will not do business with racist companies.
I will be sharing this complaint with my US Bank branch and likely closing my account and switching to a borrower and banker that treats all people equally, fairly, and in a dignified manner. No one should stand for racism, bigotry, or treating people differently based on their skin color.

Feb 17, 2021

US Bank — Lack of professional accountability

I recently was divorced, and made an appointment online to come in for a name change on all my account...

Feb 15, 2021

US Bank — Changes to the bill pay system

The new bill pay stem sucks!!! With the old system I was able to group my personal bills, business bills and...

US BankATM availability

February 13, 2021
    North Las Vegas, NV
    US Bank ATM's not available many times in recent months. It is bad enough you can't go inside the bank but many times the ATM machines are not working. My husband and I traveled to 3 ATM's today (2/13/2021) and all were out of service. What kind of customer service is that??? If one is out of service, that is unfortunate but when there are several within a certain distance that are not available, that is not acceptable!

US BankHolding my account hostage

I opened my account on 2-2-2021 with the Branch Manager at the Estes Park branch, whenI opened the account they inputted the wrong address to a nonexistant address which threw up a fraud red flag now I have spent 5+ hours at the branch in the Loveland branch [protected]) and the Estes Park branch [protected])and I am STILL unable to access or close my account which I put $700 in CASH into I have jumped through every hoop and waited long enough (Over a week with no access to my funds) I want my funds back and compensation for my time wasted at each instance if this is any indication of the level of service I am to expect from this "bank" I will go elsewhere. Mind you this is no reflection on the attitudes or the customer service at these individual branches as those representatives have been exemplary and wasted just as much time with me trying to clear this up this falls on the "CAFE" department and an individual named LATRISHA ARCHIE who doesn't get voice mail and refuses to answer her phone every call made to her goes to voicemail or when a rep. from a branch calls the call gets dropped so emails have been sent from myself and each branch to no avail I am beyond livid for obvious reasons if this isnt resolved by the end of the week I will be contacting my lawyer and the OIG, OCC, CFPB, FDIC and anyone else who will give me a chance to run US BANKS name into the ground.

Feb 09, 2021

US Bank — Unprofessional banker cost me extra $10 to close my account

I informed the banker that I'd like to withdraw $300 first, take out the rest money on a check and close...

US BankReliacard

Just got my usbank reliacard replacement card in the mail! Not so fast, I call to get it activated and I'm being told it was deactivated by the last guy I talked to, a week ago. So this guy canceled the card i was waiting for and issued me a new one while i was talking to him on the phone. I never asked him to do that. He took it upon himself to do so strictly out of anger. I was pissed about my replacement card not being delivered yet so i called to find out what the issue was. He advised me that the card was issued and sent. I would need to wait until it arrived. That is the way the conversation ended. I know for a fact, because I record all of my conversations. This employee did not have my permission or consent for his actions.

US BankCustomer Service and Finance Department

On 1/29, spoke to three different customer service agents and all of them had different payoff amounts within the same period 7 day request. James had a terrible attitude, declined to help, also advised there is no one else to assist & on recorded line advised "You can do that yourself on-line" Chris in finance declined to find solution, very short!

Jan 27, 2021

US Bank — Home mortgage/forbearance repayment

Account number #[protected] Our ordeal began november 2020 when we called us bank and spoke to jaime munoz ext...

US BankLocking account due to "fraud attempt"

Had to order a new card because I lost my original one. I've had an account with us bank Reliabank since I was approved for unemployment in August then when my card finally arrived I tried to use it and it's declined. Called customer service and they say my account has been held because of fraud attempt. They told me the only way to get it resolved is by taking a selfie and sending a picture of my DL or ID and I have to get a new one as well because that was lost along with the card I had to replace. And because of COVID-19 the DPS is backed up for weeks before they'll even send those out. And in order to pay for my DL replacement I would have to use the money in my bank account which is locked. So I'm in a loose lose situation. I need help

US BankFraud policies/department

Twice in the same week (01/18/21-01/23/21), us bank fraud dept has locked me out of access to online banking and mobile banking without cause! I have called x 2 to find out who was placing a hold on my account and it is being done without a tracking of the person doing it or giving a valid reason as to why! This needs to stop! You are not to allow to have your employees to randomly stop customers from accessing their accounts!
              This need an immediate remedy. I will also be filing a bbb complaint on your policies and actions!

Fraud policies/department

Jan 19, 2021

US Bank — Checking

My name is Carol A Seibel I had an checking account at US Bank which became overdrawn in December 2020. When...

Jan 18, 2021

US Bank — Inability to pay out a certificate of deposit

I am a South African citizen and still lives in South Africa. On a trip to the US Bank around 1998, my...

Jan 17, 2021

US Bank — Refinance

I did a refinance closing on 01/06/2021 at US Bank Branch 00708 at 3435 Cleveland Ave Columbus, Ohio...

Jan 11, 2021

US Bank — Paying off lease

I have been working on paying off my lease. I sent the check well before the due date! Then weeks later they...

Jan 06, 2021

US Bank — Poor customer service

Banking with US bank for seven years and depositing escrow checks the entire time. Bank manager Shahrzad...

US BankAutomotive Leasing

For a car where my payoff is 13975.30 they want to charge 17, 678.69 to the dealership for trade in. They say its the fair market value for a car; that kelly blue book states is worth $14, 175 to 15, 599. This is for a car that we have been paying on for 36 months.

Initial car value was 22, 998.40. This is after they quoted another dealer 15 .. . in July. They are just trying to run up the cost of the vehicle after the fact.

US BankTransfer over appraisal

Hello,

My name is Chrissy Means, I am reaching out to see if someone can assist with transfer over appraisal to Huntington bank.

I have been reach out to Jennifer Fret (loan Office) NMLS:908096
                  for last month to get appraisal transfer over to Huntington Bank and Leslie Lopez-Butscher (Mortgage Loan Processor) for past two week with assist getting appraisal transfer over. The lender and myself have not been able get update on when the appraisal will transfer over. There is several email to loan officer and associate to get this matter resolve and there still no update. This matter is holding up closing process.

The File #[protected] for appraisal and the appraisal will be going to Huntington's lender ID is [protected]

Can you please assisted me with getting the appraisal transferred over?

Ms. Means

US BankChecking account told no refund of money deposited for 3 months.

My son/friend transferred EDD EDD hardship money to my account. B of A said it never should have been accepted because names did not match. Even though I specifically asked for someone other than Whitney " at US Bank they refused and told me that she was handling it and when I asked for her supervisor they refused. She had been very rude when I talked with her about the return of his money that was transferred she said it would take 3 months do to Coronavirus. I told her it should be the opposite because his EDD money that he transferred was emergencr hardship and it was for my Mom who died of Corona iij n August and my Dad in December. I was hoping someone else could get assigned so that He gets his 5000 back and pay for funeral a different way. I haw have never heard of it taking that long
                    Thanks Carol Seibel