UPSshipped package with $1500 worth of insurance, package gets destroyed, pieces are missing, and ups won't pay up.

I recently shipped a package with insurance to cover $1500. The package was shipped in a brand new box with all of the proper packaging materials. The package arrived in 2 days, destroyed, missing a $200 component and completely destroyed. The fact that something was missing from a sealed container, is bad enough, but then UPS told me that by not having them package the shipment, I was asking to have the box broken into. SO basically, UPS doesn't hold their employees accountable, and worse yet they won't pay the insurance.

• Mp
    mperk874 Aug 06, 2009

Lucky for me, we took pictures of the contents before and after, so we can prove that it wasn't shipped in the condition in which it was received.

• Debbie Curtis-Magley Aug 13, 2009

My name is Debbie Curtis-Magley and I work with UPS Public Relations.

I’d like to get your concerns addressed and regain your trust in our company. Please send me your contact details and the shipment's tracking number to [email protected]

saleen276 Aug 16, 2009

By contacting this Debbie Curtis-Magley is a waste of time because i contacted her also and she told me there was nothing she could do for me so just want to give you a heads up not to waste your time..I am going thru something similar with UPS on a Destroyed package and they don't want to honor the Insurance so I am waiting on the Attorney Generals Office to contact me..

• My
    MyOwnFault Feb 19, 2010

I am almost sure that some of my returns are stolen. I only hope I am wrong. I never see the credit back to my credit cards on some items and I have been foolish enough not to track. It seems to happen when I drop off multiple boxes for return. I am now keeping an account of packages dropped off. I will keep you posted... Lakewood Ranch, FL