Complaints & Reviews

refund

TURBO TAX recently gave me the run around and told me to buzz off. It was very disappointing. I had herd some good remarks about the TURBO TAX and decided to give them a try when my bank had a link to there page. I saw the words free and jumped. I was soon adding this fee and that for an upgraded service. No problem. If it works, right?

I get through the program and I have been green lighted by each section to move on to the next as they showed no error or cause for concern. When I hit "FILE ELECTRONICALLY" the online program quickly told me it could not file because of 5 or so errors never previously reviled even though the program said otherwise. My money had already been removed from my account. I looked around for a contact number and tried all of the other proper channels to try and correct my errors to know avail.

The number. I call and I get an automated system but the website says that there will be a live operator and to copy a number down referencing my case. I call again 6 more times thinking I called the wrong line. Every time I reached and automated service never mentioned before and was very very confused.

I called my bank that I got the link from knowing that they had my back. They understood my issue and called the number I gave them from the TURBO TAX site. They miraculously go through to TURBO TAX. I was very unhappy. I have been wasting my time with this company TURBO TAX, I thought. I spoke with the REP from TURBO TAX and he said if we did the right things, he as an expert would be able to remedy the situation and if not I could get a refund. We tried this and we tried that and nothing worked. He had very little background or knowledge of this site or TURBO TAX in general. I had to leave for a dinner engagement so I told him to please just refund my money and this was obviously not working out. He refused saying that he wasn't allowed to refund the money do to his limited time researching the problem. He was just covering for his own and TURBO TAX incompetence. I ask to be transferred to his superior and he was very matter of fact at that point, making sure to tell me that because my needing to wrap it up after a lengthy search there would be no money coming my way.

The Superior. TURBO TAX is out for one thing and that is TURBO TAX. She told me I was lying when I said that the previous "expert" told me I would receive money back. She didn't know he mentioned a credit in his email to me and swore up and down that she was sitting right next to him and he never said anything about money back.

All I wanted was my money which was promised me by the so called tech expert. I have been duped and my bank representative even said as she was dialing the number to TURBO TAX that she had had an experience that left a bad taste in her mouth with them as well.

I hope you all never use TURBO TAX.

Take Care.
Richard

p.s. below is the email from said tech expert explaining how I would not get money back after his incompetence

"Dear Richard Caporiccio,
Thank you for contacting TurboTax Help and Support. You called requesting assistance regarding the following issue:

These are the actions we took to assist you in resolving your issue:
Due to the customer not staying in front of his computer he wants a refund for the product because it wont work for him i told him that i will not give him a credit unless i have time to fix the errors for him and he was pushing me off the phone because he had to leave and since he left his computer i wont nor anyone give him the credit thank you for calling Turbo Tax and have a great day

You may receive a survey from us through e-mail in approximately 24 hours asking you about my performance on today's contact, as well as comments you may have in regards to the TurboTax product. So we can continue with our promise to provide our customers with the best support available, please take a few minutes to complete the survey.
TurboTax Customer Service

• Se
    Sewing gal Mar 25, 2010

I also tried Turbo Tax but since I always have to file Schedule D and my taxes are somewhat complicated, they wanted to charge extra for this form and that form. I do them myself WITHOUT Turbo Tax's help. Sometimes if you enter a figure incorrectly, it is almost impossible to go back to that page and correct it. I just deleted the whole mess and decided I would NEVER use them.

• Pa
    PaulMM Feb 26, 2011

Does any one know what phone number I can call to file a complaint with turbo tax - I dont own a car or a home right now and all I wanted to do was a simple return - and it kept wanting to charge me the extra 20 bucks for a Deluxe Return! if I didnt need my taxes immediately I wouldnt have went through a tax agent. My total cost came to clost to 100 bucks. and im [censor]ing livid!

green dot or cb&t bank

Do not use the Turbo Tax Refund Card!!! I had my refund deposited onto a refund card by Columbus Bank & Trust...

refund

I had that same issue, i was charged for something that was suppose to be free. And now, A whole month or so...

privacy issues/customer service issues

I have used Turbo Tax since 2002 and have had no issues until today, February 24th, 2010. I called Turbo Tax...

e-filing/customer service

I've used TurboTax in the past and it always has been pretty easy and hassle free. Not this year.

In past years, I have done enough supplemental freelance work to have to file self-employment income. Along with this filing comes a Schedule C form for miscellaneous self-employment income. I did not have enough supplemental income this year to file self-employment taxes, but based on previous years' filings through TurboTax, the software keeps insisting that I fill out a Schedule C form. I have no information to enter into the form, so I have tried to bypass it, but the "error check" keeps requiring it. After I bypassed it a few times, the software indicated that I am at a moderate risk for being audited because I did not report my (non-existant!!) self-employment income. Because of this warning, I purchased audit protection for $39.95. I was then directed to the payment window, where my total payment to TurboTax was $151.85—much higher than I had anticipated, but I had to go to work and wanted to get my taxes done, so I entered my credit card information. After that, I clicked "continue" to e-file and was informed that I cannot file electronically because I did not file a Schedule C. Later today, at work, I signed back in and I tried to contact an expert, but I got a pop-up with an asterisk indicating that I agree to be charged $29.99 for the first 20 minutes of the expert's time, so I tried to figure it out myself. I then noticed a link on the sign-on page that said I could delete forms, so I deleted the Schedule C. It seemed like that would solve the problem. Nope; I clicked through everything again and the error check said I need to file my Schedule C. So I figured I would just print out my paperwork and file by mail. TurboTax didn't like that idea; it will not let me file until I pay AGAIN!!! It took me about 20 minutes to find out how to contact customer service (every time I tried to find a phone number or e-mail address, it made me enter a question and automatically produced answers that did not address my problems, or it tried to refer me to an expert consultation for $30. Arrgh!!! This is a nightmare. I wish I had just completed a regular 1040 myself. I have one income source and do not own a home or have children. This should NOT be this difficult or costly!

TurboTax indicated that I was ready to file and it took my payment information.

• Fe
    Fedupconsumerinpaxx Jan 22, 2011

I had a similar expierence with turbotax and attempted multiple times to correct it. I also attempted for weeks to contact ANYONE within turbotax to have my questions answered as to why I couldnt efile. Needless to say I ended up printing and mailing my forms in. Until this past year I had always trusted turbotax andused it faithfully. After researching this company over the past year I can honestly say I will NEVER use this service again. I at this point am VERY concerned with a possible audit caused by their faulty software

software

I used H&R Block previously and thought I would try TurboTax this year - a big mistake! TurboTax actually read my tax info from last year but couldn't interpret the approach and forms that were used. Not complicated, my filing is the simplest approach to a self-employment as can be. But TurboTax took me down the path of, 'you need to buy the next step up software package', you need to call the 'pro'. To the point of finally gaving up, I downloaded the forms from the IRS web-site and spent the time doing it by hand.
I feel as though TurboTax is functionally very poor - except for getting as much money out of their customers as they possibly can. Do yourself a favor and stay away from TurboTax!

• Me
    metafizzixx Feb 25, 2010

Just before transmitting my 2009 federal income tax return, TurboTax asked me to complete line 1 of my w-2. This is the line that contains gross income, etc. I had already entered this information, but re-entered it anyway because I thought it didn't "take" the first time. After successfully transmitting my return, I discovered that my income had DOUBLED! Instead of getting a refund, I now owed 4 times more than I was getting back. Had to file an amended (1040X) to straighten things out. From what I've read, I am not the only victim of this.

error/ irs rejected/ file corruption

Here is my message to TurboTax support person:

You have been connected to 01_Bianca M.
01_Bianca M: Thank you, Alicia Cain, for contacting TurboTax Consumer Group, may I have a moment to read your question?
Alicia Cain: yes
Alicia Cain: the email in which you emailed us is [protected]@yahoo.com
01_Bianca M: I understand you have contacted us because you want a refund because your return was rejected and you did it over?
01_Bianca M: Thanks
Alicia Cain: Here are the details: The secondary taxpayer's date of birth on this return does not match what the IRS has in its files. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
01_Bianca M: Ok
01_Bianca M: So the info on your return was correct and you were rejected by the IRS servers. This is not a computer software glitch.
01_Bianca M: When you send your return electronically the return go to the IRS computer servers and does not get to an IRS personnel till after the server accepts in
01_Bianca M: it
Alicia Cain: well how come when I tried to get back on turbotax it continued giving me errors and would not go to the file which we saved
Alicia Cain: it was accepted on january 28th then rejected on the 29th
01_Bianca M: The return can not get accepted then rejected. Im sorry. At the moment what is the status of the return>?
01_Bianca M: please give me a moment
Alicia Cain: We had to resubmit all the information over again and it said successful
01_Bianca M: ok
01_Bianca M: The error of 510 is usually an error when you enter in a ss# incorrectly
01_Bianca M: that would be an IRS server error
Alicia Cain: well how can you explain the software giving me an error every time I try to open up the turbotax file
Alicia Cain: the e file was successful then rejected by the irs then
01_Bianca M: This link has a solution to the error and the probable causes of the error.
01_Bianca M: I am very sorry about the issues you have been experiencing.
Alicia Cain: I am not the only one complaining I searched and found a lot of people with the same thing
01_Bianca M: Im very sorry about the error. This error is not very common at all but we do have a fix for it.
Alicia Cain: I cannot access the old file at all now I can only access the file we had to start over
01_Bianca M: have you viewed the link i have provided you?
01_Bianca M: You would have to save the return on a portable drive such as a usb drive
Alicia Cain: why portable
01_Bianca M: Where did you save the file. Please disregard my commet about the portable
01_Bianca M: if you save it to a thumb drive or flash drive ti can cause corrution to your file
01_Bianca M: thats fine
01_Bianca M: So what you need to do is open the program then go to start a new return.
01_Bianca M: You will want to search for a .tax file and try to open the file in a new return on the program please
Alicia Cain: I have done that and had to resubmit the return and it was accepted my problems is that I had to wait longer it was a waist of money and time
01_Bianca M: Thank you.
Alicia Cain: If I cannot get a explaination for this I will never use your software again
01_Bianca M: What do you want an explanation for please? I have already sent you a link that will solve the error when you try to open the file and why your return was rejected.

• Ou
    outraged useer May 06, 2010

I filed Fed and State returns which Turbo Tax walked me through. I was notified these were rejected after I had paid a fee that was over seventy dollars. The subsequent emails and instructions have been non-specific in getting me to the support staff and fix error page where my returns can be corrected and submitted. Due to ambiguity relating to how turob tax and intuit intends to fulfill their contractural commitment of getting my returns correctly submitted, I am believing that many of us in this same situation have been duped. Lawrence R. Swann and Eunitia Ann Swann

accuracy guarantee class action suit?

Has anyone else out there been a victim of Intuit TurboTax's "Accuracy Guarantee" and "Audit Support"...

be careful

Buddy of mine did her taxes with Turbo Tax, and there is an option at the end to have the Turbo Tax fee (approx. $15) taken automatically out of your tax return. She almost did it, but caught something in the fine print that she would have been charged an additional $15 by Household Bank for providing the service... :eek: Gotta watch those Household people, they're already up to their eyeballs in problems with refund anticipation loans and high interest rates, etc

Resolved double your income

On the 4th of February 2008 I transmitted my Turbo Tax e-file and noticed that it was not what I had printed and saw it doubled our income. I called Turbo Tax and was told to have the IRS reject our submittal. I called and the IRS - very nice - said we can't do that. They suggested we wait and file an amended form, but give them (IRS) a chance to review our file.

So the next day they accepted our submittal and I printed off the file. It showed that we were getting back $4438 instead of the $9330. The Turbo Tax form now shows we had a back tax bill of $5600. So I have been waiting for a $4438 refund and today the 4th of March finally got through to the IRS - Nice People- and they found our 1040 package and said we were in the BALANCE DUE stack with us owing them $15, 500 and wondered when we would be sending in the check? After explaining the situation to the lady she informed me of the following. 1) Since it is a balance due 1040 they will not look at those forms till after April so they can get everyone’s refund out first. 2) After they go through the Balance Dues they will go to the amended forms and process those - probably June or July and it will probably be 8-10 weeks after that. 3) We should expect a notice of our taxes due in June with a penalty and interest date based on our original filing of February 4th. 4) Penalties and Interest will start and they will be charged to us till we can get this straightened out. 5) Refund - maybe by the end of the year. 6) We need to call the Taxpayers Advocates Service for help.

Although the support at T Tax has been good the lack of knowledge seems to be the biggest problem. They also haven’t really taken this as a problem of their software so far. They requested I send my CD back to them so they can evaluate it and refund my cost. I think I will hold onto my software. Also we will not use T Tax for our amended forms.

Turbo Tax had me go through their support center – but since I didn’t have a letter from the IRS it won’t take it. I did file a claim with them and we will wait to see what happens. I feel they really need to be more sympathetic. If this had happened to someone who had lost their job, maybe losing their house or looking for a quick refund to buy food - they are out of luck.

We will wait and see if Turbo Tax does respond but – BEWARE it could be a problem for someone else. As a side bar I have used T. Tax for the last five years and it has been a great product. I now have gone to Tax Cut and I really like it – it seems easier to use more “user friendly”. The older T. Tax products were easier to use than the new ones.

Just got a respond from T. Tax. Here it is.

Thank you for submitting your claim under the TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee. Your situation does not require the detailed analysis which is performed for Accuracy Guarantee claims, and as such you can have your questions answered more quickly by calling our Technical Support Group.

To contact our Technical Support Group, please go to: https://turbotax.intuit.com/support/contact/

We look forward to working with you! Your satisfaction is our aim.

Respectfully,

TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee

More information: The Accuracy Guarantee group is only available to respond to customers who have been assessed penalties and/or interest by a taxing authority. For further information about submitting a claim under the TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee, please visit http://support.turbotax.intuit.com/cgi-bin/turbotax.cfg/php/enduser/ag_faq_page.php

Well I guess that answers my questions.. Anyone have a good lawyer? I did what they told me to do..

[protected]@embarqmail.com

janeron Mar 10, 2010

turbo tax did the same thing to me... doubled my income making it appear that i owed $10, 000.00 plus ...when I am really owed a refund of $7300.00
    I spent all day (from 10am to 1pm) on line with their tech support... Poor guy tried everything... ...the end result.. I couldn't amend my return because the figures that I originally input were correct...
    I spoke with the IRS.. downloaded a 1040x.. made the corrections and sent it off in the mail today...There may be a time gap between them looking at my ammended form.. cause they hold off on that .. and them sending me a bill.. cause they don't hold off on that...
    so... buyer... BEWARE

• Wa
    waitingformyrefund Apr 01, 2011

Same thing happened to us, but with the online service...did not get a CD.
    Very poor! Not only should they refund our purchase price, but the cost to have ammendment done elsewhere, fees and interest due to the IRS, AND interest for having our refund tied up for several onths when we should have had it back in 10 days!!

Has a class action suit been started yet?

Resolved bad service

I e-filed my taxes through Turbo Tax on 1/16/2009. On 1/18/2009 my taxes were wrongly rejected because of an erroneous error code. Turbo Tax has known about this problem for at least 2 weeks and has failed to warn any of their customers. There are numerous false error codes causing taxes to be rejected. Turbo Tax keeps allowing people to pay them and file without any proactive action on their part. When I contacted them for a refund I was directed to a page which indicated that my $50.00 payment was non-refundable.

• Cg
    cgs Apr 27, 2009

Turbo Tax has a disclaimer in the paper work, after they complete the tax papers at the very bottom of the page where the preparer's ID goes, they print a statement to the effect that YOU are a self preparer YOU did the return even though TURBO TAX actually did it, WITH the info YOU provided them, I am saving my credit card statement where it shows I paid TURBO TAX to prepare MY taxes, so if I do have any problems they are going to be equally liable for any mistakes they may have made on their part.

Alicia Cain: the email in which you emailed us is [email protected]

Alicia Cain Feb 03, 2010

this is my typing to a turbotax customer service rep. above.

Resolved e-filing a joke

I paid for TurboTax and e-filed my return on the 27th of January and was promised a date of February 6th when my return would be direct deposited into my bank account. After calling the IRS on the 11th because I still had not received my return I was told that the bank that the return goes through, the Santa Barbara Banking and Trust had submitted my return too late and the IRS had placed a hold on it til the 18th. It is now the 18th of February and I still have NOT received my return. I called and was informed that an error had taken place sometime from my e-filing it and the bank holding it for too long. GREAT! Now I get to wait an additional 2 to 6 WEEKS for my return to be processed and deposited into my bank account. E-filing is a joke and TurboTax is just as bad. 8 to 14 days, yeah right. I'm on my 22nd day and I get to wait up to 6 MORE WEEKS! And the only information that I can readily find on my return is the acceptance date and time stamp on the 27th after it was e-filed through TurboTax. This step by step, easy process that they claim is a joke because I have never had so much trouble just trying to get my return deposited into my bank account! Mailing it in wouldn't have taken this long!

• Do
    dorispbillp Feb 26, 2009

I E-filed and the software charged my credit card, but never E-file and now it want to charge my credit card again before the software will try another E-file. The support web site doesn't have any phone support!

• Ke
    KENNETH ROBINSON Mar 12, 2010

I agree. I clicked to print & mail and then changed my mind & wanted to E-File. However, when I tried, it would not let me, eveb though it read, if you change your mind you can still E-File, go to the end of this page for instructions. But at the end of the page it is blocked out so you cannot get to do so. THIS IS REDICULAS NOT TO HAVE SOME PHONE SUPPORT TO GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR. KEN ROBINSON

Resolved unauthorized charge to my expired credit card

I cancelled my autonewal for turbotax and recieved an email that confirmed the cancellation and confirmed that my credit card would not be charged. one month later my credit card was charged.
I now have to jump through hoops to talk to a live person to cancel the charge
I will never use an intuit product again

• St
    StevenBosler Dec 20, 2011

I am going through the same exact situation right now. I'm contacting the State Attorney Generals Office and the BBB just to make things more of a hassle for Intuit and TurboTax

identity theft

I used Turbo Tax on-line for the first time, at the very time in April 2007 to do my 2006 taxes... And now as I just approached the deadline yesterday (April 15, 2008) to do my 2007 income taxes the same way on-line through Turbo Tax, I came to find someone had stolen my identity and filed my taxes for me back in January of this year. To top it off at the twelfth hour yesterday, I was dealing with the WORST Turbo tax customer service, on the phone for three hours straight (the majority of the time on hold), and then they finally told me to go mail my taxes, after I paid, after it was already past five o'clock to make a local mailbox. I had to drive 60 miles, and I told the rep a million times if we wasted all this time to get no where, and they then tell me to go mail my taxes when it is already too late, that I would be even more upset. The guy assured me it wouldn't happen, that the outcome they were seeking was solely in my favor, and they'd be able to get my taxes electronically to the IRS. It was all BS, they were just trying to find ways to not look responsible for the situation. Worst experience ever. What I have ahead of me now is even more daunting. I'd never use Turbo Tax again, and even more so because of the way their rep, Marshall Anderson, very rudely handled the situation. Someone has all my personal info because of their security problem. And their security department was supposed to contact me first thing this morning and never did...

• St
    Steve Apr 11, 2009

Hello,
    Last week I was checking my emails on g-mail and there was an ad serves ad stating Receive a GUARANTEED $2, 642 on your next Federal Tax Refund!I used Turbo Tax last year so I thought why not check it out knowing that it was probably untrue. It was just a link to Turbo Tax.

After thinking about it I got really mad knowing that I was not the only person that was duped. This is not a fair practice and companies that use this type of marketing should Be fined the maximum. The economy is bad enough without big companies scamming people during tax season. This is wrong and I think the people should know a bout Turbo Tax and the scams the Try to get away.

Mark Apr 16, 2009

Let me give you all a piece of advice: Don't use TurboTax. Do yourselves a favor and file your taxes some other way. I used them for the first time this year and it was a nightmare. I owed some money to the state and followed their online prompts to set up a monthly payment schedule. When I looked in on my checking account two days later, the state had taken the whole lump sum causing me to have a $52 overdraft fee. If you have a problem don't waste your time calling TurboTax or Intuit. They don't care and won't help you if it looks like they might have made a mistake.

• Me
    member2009 May 06, 2009

It could have been one of Intuit's affiliates abusing the affiliate program. Unfortunately, Intuit has no control over the operations of other companies. Perhaps you could forward the email you received to Intuit directlyand they can determine if it was actually sent from them or not.

By the way, I do not work for Intuit mor do have a relation to them.

I wish you the best and a prosperous future.

Resolved never again!

I have used Turbo Tax for years. This time I used easy pay and that was a mistake. I had to fight to get my money from H&R Block Bank. I'm sure they collected a lot of interest on all of the money they held onto. On my forms they changed my bank info to theirs. I never gave permission for them to do this.

I just found out since H & R Block CHANGED my bank info on my forms when I used Turbo Tax and easy pay, my rebate check will have to be mailed LATE. The IRS will try to deposit it into the bank on record and when it is refused/returned (I'm sure after they hold it for awhile) it will then be mailed much later. Could be after JULY. I should have gotten it the 2nd week of May.

TURBO TAX... NEVER AGAIN!!

• Te
    Ted Alberta Feb 10, 2009

I think this person meant Tax Cut, they are affilliated with HR Block, not Turbo Tax. My problem with Turbo Tax is they say Free federal file. but then hook you into a bank in Santa Barbara to do the paperwork for a FEE. So it's not free. AND the 8 day period turns out to be 20 days, at least, they say. We'' see. Theo...

• Ca
    carl Feb 10, 2009

I have no problem with turbo tax. You pay the 90 dollars for the year and file your federal tax, which you will recieve a refund within a week. Then you do your other taxes (state and local) on turbo tax and mail them in, which is free, instead, e file will cosy an extra charge.

Alicia Cain: the email in which you emailed us is [email protected]

• Os
    OSCARLILLY Oct 12, 2010

I have used turbotax since year one. 2009 tax year was my first really bad year. It is impossible to get a live customer service voice to resolve issues or address wrongs. I did an e-filing and was rejected by Federal Government 3X. As a result, I contacted IRS directly and they informed me to file by regular mail. For my trouble turbotax charged me $19.95 for a Virginia State tax e-file. I was unable to use this electronic system for my State, since the Federal return, if rejected, automatically rejects the State return. DO I GET MY MONEY BACK FROM TURBOTAX OR EVEN A CREDIT FOR NEXT YEAR'S SOFTWARE. THE ANSWER IS NO. THIS, IN MY OPINION, IS A FRAUDULENT RIPOFF. WHEN YOU GET NO SERVICE YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. I THINK THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME SO MONOPOLISTIC THAT IT HAS LOST ALL CONSUMER AWARENESS OR CONCERN. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. IF YOU CAN FIND AN ALTERNATIVE, DO SO.

BRUCE, LYNCHBURG, VA

• Tu
    TurboNoMore Jun 06, 2012

I am not getting any help. Says it was accepted by efile with Turbo Tax and I keep calling IRS-no live person-just keeps saying processing. I paid for this???? Next year going to do it the old fashioned way. What is it these days-everyone is rude, normal to get shorted in a drive thru, people will not step aside and expect you to move in the stores. No ONE cares about the consumer. Wake up and be sure to vote this November. Have to fix from the top down!

tax refund scam

My 2007 income taxes were prtepared by an independent tax preparer. Thepreparer and I have learned that my federal refund was directly deposited (March 15) into the H&R Bank even though the preparer used my correct banking information upon initially filing my reurn.

Please Inform me a to how I can go about obtaining my refund.

Delore Forest

chiefs1814 Apr 14, 2011

Turbo Tax, is a scam! Don't waste your money. Nothing is free as advertiseed. You have to pay for Federal, then pay for processing and then more money to file your state! Pay the money to have someone in your area do then,

• Op
    OpusOne May 21, 2014

Fraud. I could not proceed with my taxes until I agreed to the additional fees for additional forms. I had to pay to have my refund deposited into my checking account when I didn't agree to have it deposited with a service provided by Turbo Tax. Fraud.

what a nightmare!

I used turbo tax online to do my taxes myself. What a nightmare. Filing for federal was free, and state taxe...

inability to communicate with support!

The other day I needed to talk to TurboTax support for help taking advantage of a online discount through bank of America. At the start of the call they ask for your name and email address. That took 12 minutes. They could not listen to the letters I was saying, and say it back to me. My email address is short, 8 characters. I would say each character, say the "as in xxx" after each one, have them repeat it back to me. It took 12 minutes before I gave up and just said, yes, my name is Trabis Oahe. I travel a lot for work, all over the US and in other countries. I speak three languages. I work daily with six people from different parts of India. Its not that I have some crazy southern accent (I am from the pacific Northwest). Why must they use people on the phones that cannot communicate with the language. Next year I will not buy the product. The next year I may call support first and see if they cleaned up their act. Two years to fix your problem Intiut, or you are off my list forever.

• Md
    M. Dicle Feb 26, 2007

I had a problem with my AGI (adjusted gross income) which TurboTax claimed did not match with IRS. I called IRS and my number (AGI) was correct and that I should contact TurboTax. I called the number for TurboTax "contact us". They are right, you really wait around 30 minutes to talk to someone. I also logged into online chat, which took about 15 minutes. So, while I was waiting on the phone, I managed to chat with someone and he/she told me that I need to contact "Getting Up and Running" and gave me an URL which did not work. Well, I figured, if I managed to talk to somebody on the phone, it is OK. If not, then I can ask them to transfer me to "Getting Up and Running". It turns out that I was holding on the phone for "Getting Up and Running" and her communication was poor poor poor. She repeated everything I said. It took her about 10 min to spell my name and email address. I code spelled my name but did not help. After 15 minutes of conversation (above and beyond my name spelling) she told me "your AGI does not match with IRS". I told her that my AGI is correct and matches with IRS but... I asked her location, she said Philippines. She transferred me to some department in New York. I could barely hear her (I had a better connection to Philippines) and whenever I ask her to speak louder she was becoming like my high school teacher. She said, follow internet instructions and "if you did everything, there is nothing else to do but print it and send it". I told her that my AGI is correct and matches with IRS but... She said she will transfer me to customer service. I said nevermind. I will print it and mail it.

• Ki
    Kimberly-Clark Aug 20, 2018

I received my prepaid debit card and its blocked and can not unblock it I've tried calling every number and going online to green dot/ document and it won't let me I need to unblock my card

• Tm
    tmc123 Aug 20, 2018

I really needed a refund on the service charge of $159.98 as I didn't even use their service. They claim to have a guarantee ...but clearly after many phone calls, waiting, emails, and online services I know they don't have a guarantee. Very disappointing.

• Co
    Constance trainum Aug 21, 2018

Worst worst worst customer service ever!!! I want to talk with a person but never can get past computer !!! Horrible. All I want to do is get into program but cannot get password corrected then my email is wrong even after I try to fix it!!!

• Tt
    Tttttttttttt Aug 21, 2018

I filed a dispute after my home was broken into and was denied, I can prove I didn't use the card. I was medically unable to. No one at their help line can speak English clearly and very hard to understand. I will never use TurboTax again.

• Fl
    fletcher11 Aug 28, 2018

I was told I would receive my refund today and I believe it was blatant misguidance on behalf of turbo tax. Will NEVER use again.

• Ru
    Ruhy Nov 12, 2018

Turbotax does not give an option if you want to purchase the audit plan, they charge me and my daughter 2 X $39.99. This is fraud and unfair.

• Ce
    cee1948 Feb 11, 2019

Order number: TTWC36394279
    Order date: Jan 31, 2019
    Total charges: $0.00

Will not let me save or print a copy of my return/ says it is not decoding correctly and will not save as a pdf. Never had trouble before been using Turbo Tax for 7 years

Can you assist