Having problems with TurboTax?

TurboTax reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 20, 2007. The latest review stimulus payment instructions on turbotax ask the wrong question and display the wrong amount. was posted on Sep 21, 2021. The latest complaint direct deposit fees was resolved on Feb 07, 2014. TurboTax has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 291 reviews. TurboTax has resolved 33 complaints.

TurboTax Customer Service Contacts

2700 Coast Ave
Mountain View, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with TurboTax Customer Service. Initial TurboTax complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for TurboTax above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about TurboTax. Discuss the issues you have had with TurboTax and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

TurboTax Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

TurboTaxTurbo tax

I will never use Turbo Tax again. I have used them for years. First of all, when I went to EFile, after paying, it gave me a bogus message asking me to clear cookies, change browsers, delete history, etc. After working on my computers for hours, I found a response telling me "sorry, it's our error you need to delete your state return and reenter". I did this and then it wanted me to pay again I called Intuit, stayed on the line for 30 minutes and never got an answer. He told me he would call me back and never did. I called again and had to wait another hour for a call back only to be told "sorry we have a problem and you just weren't billed for your state tax" and need to pay again. I had my receipt and she tried to tell me this was only for federal even though I was at the point of submitting both returns. Let me tell you, never use them and I sure won't again. This was the most bogus gouging I've ever experienced. No one offered to reimburse me for the hours I tried to correct their program error. Just wanted more money. $80 for a simple return. Really?

TurboTaxturbotax

I fount turbotax premier at costco and have tried every day now for 8 days to sign in and use turbotax-every day I talk with their customer service and every dy they do not solve my problem- I have used account recovery and emailed pic of my license and still cannot sign in or use turbotax- I am going to file a complaint and return my turbo tax and get a refund and get another tax softyware. I have used turbotax fir at least five years -thet have horrible customer service -no one to contact via phone and they leave issues unresolved for days-will post negative reviews of turbotax on multiple sites

TurboTaxTurbo tax deluxe - won't accept 1099-nec income for e-file, you have to mail

I have been a long-time user of Turbo Tax and have always recommended it. This year for my 2020 return I had a side business where I received a 1099-NEC for my income. Turbo tax has to allocate this income to a Schedule C or F. It prepared a Schedule C which was correct. But a software glitch not allow me to E-file this return.

I will have to print it out and mail it in. That is not what I paid for. When I talked to customer service she said please hold and let me read up on this. She found information that said there was a "known problem with 1099-NEC forms and the tie to Schedule C or F." She recommended that I delete the 1099 and enter it in again to see if it would correct. That did not work.

I have filed a negative review with Intuit. I'm filing a complaint here and I am asking Intuit for a full refund. They advertised a product to me that I could use to prepare and E-file my return. They lied. They knew the software problem would not allow filers with a 1099-NEC to be able to E-file.

Folks with 1099-NEC income, basically any contract worker, BEWARE, Turbo Tax will not allow you to E-file this year. You will have to mail it in.

• Ji
          jimsocal Feb 18, 2021

I had a similar problem. My first attempt to fill out my taxes told me there was an error on a form that I had said clearly I did not need or want (a tax deferral). I spent 16 hours in all trying to resolve this. They said I had to do a workaround which cost me more time. Instead of them fixing it they want ME to do a workaround!?
          Also my first attempt of my return was rejected saying I could not efile even though I've always efiled before.
          I had to delete my taxes and start over, the 2nd time through I could efile but ONLY after I'd used the questionable "workaround" someone in their forum said I needed to do.
          NEVER AGAIN!

TurboTaxDoes not work properly. Lots of glitches

I alway buy turbo tax have done so for years. Last year I noticed more issues with it but was able to get around.

This year the trubo tax delux was horrible. It didn't load properly. Had to try multiple times. Then through out the forms things wouldn't come up no matter how much I tried. It would load blank pages and it was futile for me to continue to get the page. So I quit and went on to the next phase. I spent hours entering relatively easy info. When I was done it would not allow me to pay with my credit card. After several attempts I finally just used the turbo tax option of the fee $20 taken out of my refund.

As far as i"m concerned this is the worsts produc I everused and I will not recommend this product to anyone.

I want a full refund plus the $20 I was charged to pay for that I had to pay your bank!!!

My name is rosemary padilla, [protected]@comcast.net phone [protected]

TurboTaxFees

I filed my sons return with turbotax. It is supposed to be free but it wouldn't let go any further until I agreed to pay for the so called Deluxe version. I did this on Feb 2, 2021. By the time they were finished with me it was 40 for the deluxe version, 40 for the state and another 40 for I don't know what. This 120 was to be taken out of his return. You were forced to pay this. I know there is a class action suit against Turbotax because of this practice and I am in it. I want this money returned to my son's return.

Jan 31, 2021

Turbo Tax — 2020 tax filing

After completing a federal and state tax form Turbo tax said that I couldnt file because two forms were...

Turbotax/IntuitTurbo tax premium

I purchased this product (Turbotax premium) today. Their system has an old email of mine and refuses to allow me to log in to download. Funny how they never have a problem charging my debit card but getting support is a near impossibility. They have their money, I dont have the product. Online support is the worst ever, and I mean terrible. I have been working for 2 1/2 hours with no solution. Just looking to get my money back and move on and I think that is going to be difficult

TurboTaxTurbotax

I Keep getting "error 700001" I even returned one copy to Costco, and now the 2nd copy I just received has the same thing. You have incompetent computer programmers and a lacadasical and lazy customer service. Actually they have NO customer service at all! Warning! Everybody stop buying Intuit products now! There is no contact information there are no contact emails or chat lines and for those of us who WORK for a living, this is impossible. Intuit is corrupt, and should be treated and investigated as such. I believe we are all being ripped off by this company. Error 700001 - what is going on ?

Turbo TaxStimulus payments

I have prepared my return via TurboTax for years but no more. They have done nothing to get our stimulus payments resolved. Now other taxpayers along with myself will have to receive our funds via our tax return.

I will never conduct any more business with Turbo Tax and has informed all of my friends and family to go to HR Block where I will be going this year.

I would like to know how Turbo Tax plans to fix this issue. Because if it is not corrected. I will make it my mission to tell everyone to not patron this company; because they do not care about their customers.

TurboTaxMissing Stimulus Payment

Hello, I have been a Valued customer for 7 years. I have used Turbo Taxx to help get me my tax refunds and tax help all of those years with no issues. Unfortunately, this I was laid-off in April and its been very hard with the Pandemic and everything else as I know you are aware. On Jan 4, 2021 I was anxiously and desperately waiting on my EIP from the IRS that was showing on my transcripts and issued to my CHASE account, which you do have on file for me as of today. My last stimulus came without any problems with the same date on my transcript. My bank can confirm which was available right away. It was to my dismay that I found out from and email from Greg Johnson last night at 8:52 pm that my payment is somewhere due to an Error with Turbo Tax and the IRS. I and thousands of other of your customers have been fighting and waiting tirelessly. For our payment. Please like other Tax services, ie. H&R Block fix this issue asap. We have been loyal to you, now be loyal to your long time Customers.

TurboTax2019 tax return missing money

I filed my 2019 taxes on February 8, 2020 and to date have never received my refund of 3045.00. I paid for the full package, all the extras and they say they cant help me. The IRS said they paid the money and to check with the preparer, which was me and Turbo Tax software. I agreed to pay the fees out of my federal refund, but they took the fees in July out of my checking account. My refund was sent to their clearing house, Santa Barbara bank in California. When I tried their website, they said I was entering an invalid SSN. I am 59 years old, I know my own SSN. I need my refund and have been chasing my tail.

TurboTaxIntuit prepaid debit card

Good day all. I am writing because I have a serve issue with my card and I cannot get anybody to assist me with it. On Wednesday 12/30/20 I called the customer service number on 3 different times and was put on hold for over 30 then hung up on. My issue is that I have 2 payments from the unemployment office that were released but never posted. I called the unemployment office to confirm one payment was released for $262.50 on 12/21/20 and for $87.50 on 12/28/20 and nobody seems to know where it is. I am a struggling person and cannot afford this. I need some help.

My name is Julio Arias

• Do
                          Don Elseroad Jan 17, 2021

I used TurboTax for several years and never had any problems. 3 years ago for some unknown reason I could not get TurboTax so I went with H&R Block for 2 years. This year 2020 my Credit Union offered TurboTax and I was able to get it. They offered a FREE version which I decided to try since my taxes are basic. Almost at the end of doing my taxes I was advised that I would have to use a PAID version of Turbo Tax with no explanation why. So my feelings are there are no FREE lunches and I will be using H&R Block which will only be one half of what Turbo Tax was going to charge. My name is Don Elseroad from Bristol, VA.

Nov 10, 2020

TurboTax — Major customer service failure! They did not submit my taxes to irs! Yet I paid them!

I have called several numbers at least 30 times within 3 days! I cannot get live help so that they can help...

May 31, 2020

TurboTax — Will not clear out my unfinished return online

Turbo tax has locked my incomplete unfinished not-filed 2019 return that I started in feb & will not...

TurboTaxOnline tax preparer software

We purchased Turbo Tax this year to complete our taxes, but were concerned that it didn't give us the educational tax credit for what pay for our son's college. It completely took that away from us. So we took our taxes to H&R Block and had them take a second look. They found we ARE eligible for that credit! We saved $2, 600 with H&R Block! So now we are doing an ammendment through them. We feel we should get our money back for what we paid Turbo Tax. Clearly, it doesn't know how to do taxes and didn't find an obvious credit for which we were eligble. We would've lost a lot of money had we trusted Turbo Tax and won't use it again!

TurboTaxAt each step they are applying hidden charges and fees

There are commonsense things about taxes.
                          1 Don't put it off it. only makes things worse.
                          2 Efiling doesn't really save much time
                          3. If you do e file find a reliable and honest company. Avoid tax scam outfits like Turbo tax.

If you choose to ignore no. 3, be careful. At each step they are applying hidden charges and fees. If you don't pay attention, they will take as much as they can. They are not your friend. You are their victim

TurboTaxI fell for the word free and they blackmailed once they had used up my time

Stay away. They are liars and cheats. It is not FREE.
                            You will waste your time and money on this fraud

I had to upload, review, input all my information. It's just me and my W2 to get this done. They said they would not complete taxes unless I paid 60.00 for their deluxe service.

I fell for the word free and they blackmailed once they had used up my time, and I was faceing the April 15 deadline.

Don't trust these criminals with your time money or data

• Updated by jyund123 · Apr 15, 2020

I gave them their blackmail money. After claiming it was free, they would not complete fileing until I gave them 60.00. This is not tax software it is ransomware.

They got 60.00 for 2020. And someone who will be warning everyone he knows about the fraudulent nature of their claims.

Lesson one- Do your taxes early
                                Lesson two - Avoid Scammers like TurboTax who will lie and take your money

TurboTaxUnable to correct a return through turbotax website

On the advice of turbotax, I uploaded a pdf of my w2 instead of typing it in myself. The payer's ein translated one digit off by their software and I missed the mistake upon review, resulting in reject code fw2-502 for federal and state returns when filed. On attempt to fix the EIN per turbotax instructions, the turbotax website just sends me into a loop with no way to fix it. I would like them to fix their software, or refund my payments to them.

TurboTaxTurbo Tax Premier Service

ABSOLUTELY A WASTE OF MONEY!!! I too had the same problem with Turbo Tax not asking me any questions about my medical insurance and, sure enough, my federal tax refund will now be delayed because Turbo Tax did not do their job. Called and complained and the just said sorry, there is nothing we can do--although they even ADMITED that it was their mistake to not include this in the filing process. Well, there is SOMETHING I can do and that is to NEVER use this company again.

TurboTaxheld refund for 6-8 weeks

after filling, in about two weeks i got a letter from the irs telling me there should have been ins. info given. None was asked for in the filling format, Turd tax said" "yeah, that was an oversight) After calling turdoslax tax, i had to fill out another form (they did help with this) but not an im sorry, our fault or kiss my a... What a junk company. I need my refund!!! THEY MESSED UP, i pay the price. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER us this pos company. Now thanks to trurd tax, it will be at least 11 weeks for a refund. Find a blind person with a second grade education, they will do a better job!!!