FILE A COMPLAINT

+55 614 042 1065(Brazil) 2 4
+52 155 4162 2959(Mexico) 3 5

Complaints & Reviews

flight refund

I had a ticket from Bangkok to Beijing. Because of the recent virus China Eastern has given full refunds. Travelgenio has received the refund but not issued it to me. They have not responded to emails/calls/inquiries via their website for almost two weeks now. They give me no choice but to assume they are not going to pay me back and have yet to reply. Their customer service is non existent and I have wasted so much time dealing with this case trying to resolve it.

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 13, 2020

Hello Ansong. One of our agents will contact you shortly. Thank you, regards.

I'll be standing by...

• Updated by Ansong · Feb 13, 2020

why is it out of all the emails and calls this week you do not reply. But then as soon as I air our dirty laundry out to the public you have "customer service" immediately reply?

• Updated by Ansong · Feb 13, 2020

By "customer service" I mean you on here. I have yet to receive a phone call back or email. You only reply on bad reviews on websites. And you are punctual with that, maybe should get the same department to help your customers too.

• Updated by Ansong · Feb 14, 2020

Still waiting for a response...

• Updated by Ansong · Feb 17, 2020

the refund of the ticket is too slow.

Why can't I get a refund?
I cancelled my reservation last month.
You sent me the cancellation email. And after more than two weeks, there is no refund.
I don't feel good.
It's been two weeks since I canceled my reservation.
Cancel the card quickly.
Give me a refund.

Reservation site : Travel2be
The reservation code : KZLW44
Name : Kim Yeonghun
E mail : [protected]@naver.com

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for contacting us Hun KIM. One of our agents will contact you within the next few hours.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

You ever get a reply or just a reply on here?

reservation number ip85dc

I asked for a refund on january 24th, and you accepted it and sent me an email indicating that you cancelled our flights.

You said the refund amount will be back into my credit card (the final 4 numbers 5325) within 2 weeks. But I haven't received any money yet.

My reservation number is ip85dc and reservator name are kyung hyun kim, ji hyun kim and min seok kim.

So, I ask you to give me a call or email about the refunds immediately.
(my email address : [protected]@naver.com)

P. S why haven't you been answering your phone for days?
Call me now!!! +[protected]

reservation number ip85dc

placed a refund ticket but no response from travelgenio

I booked my sister a one way ticket from Philippines to Dubai and when we are in the airport for checkin we were shocked that my sister tikect got cancelled without even informing us. I was so mad because of the hassle going to the airport took us 3 hours drive and we just rented a car. I called customer serviec several times and they are rude and not cooperating. I placed a refund request for tne cancelled flight amounting to $555.00 last Januaty 10, 2020 but untill noe never heard anything from them. If you have some conscience face the problem and sort out the mess you have caused to your customer and pay the money that we worked hard for which you just took away like that. I used my debit card to purchase my sister ticket.

Angelita Fernando

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 11, 2020

Thank you for contacting us Angelita. One of our agents will contact you within the next few hours.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

You ever get a reply, or they only reply on this site saying they would reply?

even though I have inquired many times, I am very annoyed not to look at it.

I received a letter from ChinaSouth Airline that my ticket can be canceled for free, and I contacted the Spanish travelgenio customer center.
The contact numbers I sent were # 3199923, # 3209469, # 3218019 # 3223717.
My ticket number is 784-[protected] and my reservation number is L5QIGV.
I'm so disappointed with your customer service and I don't think I'll recommend it to anyone around me. I hope you can cancel your free soon.

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 11, 2020

We will review your case and one of our agents will contact you in about 48 hours. Regards.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

They ever contact you or just reply to the message on here saying they would?

[Resolved] cancellation request not responded

I need to cancel my flight from China to the US because of the travel restrictions due to the coronavirus outbreak. Sent my request 10 days ago and received no reply at all while they promised to get back to me in 48 hours. Sent another request but still got no responses. The airline that I'm flying with allows a full refund for trips that are affected by the outbreak. I need travelgenio to cancel my book asap and issue the refund.

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 10, 2020

Thank you for contacting us . One of our agents will contact you within the next 48 hours.

• Resolution Statement

I was contacted by the Advance Support Team via email in 2 days ([email protected]). My cancellation and refund were processed and issued. I received my full refund in a week which is beyond my expectation. The agent responded to my follow-up questions promptly, unlike the general customer service. Overall, I am satisfied with the resolution. I will consider making my bookings again via Travelgenio.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

You ever get a reply or only on here?

request a refund for my payment

Hello, my name is Si Inn Noh, from South Korea. My passport number is M40128754.
I just booked my flight ticket from Jeddah to Incheon on December 18th, 2019. Booking code is E9J4H6. And, I called your company and canceled the ticket on December 26th, 2019. But, my credit card payment for that hasn't been cancelled yet.
So I wonder weather it has been cancelled or not.
I mailed you many times and didn't get answer back so I just called my credit card company and got to know that you didn't cancel my payment yet.
I want you mail back and want to know what's going on. I already got cancelling mail from you at that time.
my reservation code was 'E9J4H6'.
My Last name is 'NOH'.
Flight date was 25th February, 2020, Jeddah to Incheon.
Also I want to know about cancelling fee (when I talked with your counselor on phone she said the fee will be about 150 dollars) and how that sum was calculated.
It's been over a month. I will wait for your answer. If you don't answer again then I have to report you to Customer Protection Board and Skyscanner that connected me to your company.

request a refund for my payment

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 08, 2020

Hello Clara. One of our agents will contact you shortly. Thank you, regards.

ticket cancellation request [g2k6t2]

Dear manager,

I want to request this ticket cancellation.
I kept asking for cancellation.
I have already sent e-mail many times.

Reservation code:
G2K6T2

Why is there no feedback?
Don't read the e-mail?
I've had a rotten day!

We've no time, No time to dilly dally, Yeah?

I want to a ticket refund.

Please~~~
Answer me!.

Best Regards,
Choi.

refund

i sent an message that i want a refund but they never give a message back.
i sent about 10 emails but nothing
i am very upset about the servie
they don't even get the phone i can't touch them
what's the matter!!!
씨빨쌔끼뜰아 쩡씬 차려라 쪼까끼쩐에~
my reservation number is [protected]
my ticket number is [protected]
my email adress is [protected]@gmail.com

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 05, 2020

One of our agents will contact you within the next few hours.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

You ever get a reply or only on here?

booking my flight with travelgenio

I am complaining about the customer service I was provided with Travel Genio.

I purchased a ticket with Travel Genio on Saturday and realized it was the wrong flight date.

I sent two messages to the customer service online within 24 hours to cancel or get a refund but I received no response back. I called back Monday and I was told my flight was already confirmed, and if I called my ticket would have been voided. I was also told travel Genio didn't have the ability to waive the fee but the airline was able to.

I called the airlines and the staff for GOL told me he had no ability to waive the fee.

I called Travel Genio back on Tuesday and I was told I would need to pay $233. I was then told I needed to pay $44 more because the fee was incorrect.

Because of the poor customer service, slow response time and incorrect information on Travel Genio's part, I was mistakenly charged a fee of $277 and a ticket that is now "confirmed."

I ask for a refund of the fee of $277 or a discount on the current ticket.

This is irresponsible and poor customer service.

Lofong Saelee

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 05, 2020

Hello Lofong. Of course we can help you with the change to your booking. Please send us an e-mail to [email protected] stating your booking reference and the change you want to make and we will let you know what the conditions for cancellations are for your fare. Regards.

• Updated by John Saelee · Feb 05, 2020

Hello,

I am interested in receiving a refund of the $277 immediately I was charged as the new Booking has been made. I am not interested in a lecture or going through more hurdles. Thanks.

if I put off my refund any more, my honeymoon will be terrible

I bought a ticket from a company called "Travel Genio." Airlines used China Eastern Airlines and are 12/04/2020~21/04/2020 Airlines. My reservation number is TWNW1W.

TravelGenio is delaying the refund process for over a month, ruining my honeymoon.

-----------------

I'm constantly asking for a refund because of your terrible service that changes airtime to its own discretion. It's already been a month since we promised like a refundi. When can you give me a refund?

• Updated by jegal_sehui · Feb 02, 2020

I saw the mail that the flight time was changed by force, on January 14. So I left a note on the 15th that I didn't want to change, Through real-time chatting. You said to me, I canceled my reservation and asked for a refund from the airline. Today I contacted the airline. The airline said. There's no request for cancellation. Did you lie to me?

I'm constantly asking for a refund because of your terrible service that changes airtime to its own discretion. It's already been a month since we promised like a refund. When can you give me a refund?

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 03, 2020

Thank you for contacting us . One of our agents will contact you within the next 24 few hours.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

Did they ever actually contact you or only on here?

cancel and refund the ticket.

I have sent the cancellation request in their homepage several times. But not replied yet.
So I tried to contact them for 1 hours. I had called several times also!! Never replied. And Nothing happened!!!
Already I got the e-mail from airline, and flight to China was cancelled!!

CANCEL THIS BOOKING and REFUND IT!!!
- reservation number : ROWWNR
- given name : Birgitte Soo Jin Wisloff Hauge
- family name : Hauge
- e-mail : [protected]@gmail.com

• Travelgenio's response · Feb 03, 2020

Thank you for your comment. You will receive a response to your mailbox in the next few hours. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ansong Feb 13, 2020

Did they ever actually contact you or just reply on here?

airplane ticket from la to korea where the plane stops at china and I want to cancel the flight and get the refund since the wuhan coronavirus.

I wanted to cancel and get the refund with the plane ticket I have purchased using travelgenio from LA to South Korea visiting China during the flight because of the Wuhan Coronavirus

I have talked to the assistance from the Xiamen Airline that I need to cancel and get the refund with the travel agency that I have purchased the ticket from and since they are aware of the virus, they will give a full refund for any plane ticket purchased before Jan, 28th, 2020

I talked to the travelgenio's customer service twice and canceled the ticket twice and I can still browse the reservation using the travelgenio's mobile website and it has not been canceled yet

They also told me that I will get the refund in 30 days at first and the second time I talked to them they told me 20 to 90 days. I don't know why the company policy keeps changing with each agent that I talked to and if I wait for 30 days, the flight day will pass and I won't be able to get the refund.

Please process the refund immediately and give me the refund that I demand.

I will post the Xiamen's posting reguarding the virus and the refund and also the travelgenio's current mobile website with my ticket information still remaining

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 29, 2020

Thank you for contacting us. One of our agents will contact you within the next few hours.

• Ju
    Jurgis Šalna Jan 29, 2020

Did you find any resolution? We have same issue with flights going thru China...

I want to cancel flight to wuhan and get a refund because of coronavirus.

I booked the flight from Korea to New York to transfer at Wuhan airport which has been closed because of the virus. The flight is canceled and the china southern airline posted that people who booked flight to Wuhan or transfering at wuhan can get full refund without any extra fees.
Can i get full refund? I already sent email but there is no reply yet. my email is '[protected]@gmail.com ' and my name is Jaehee Kim. Please reply my email.

Thank you.

[Resolved] refusing to cooperate with singapore airlines

Booked a flight to Chengdu on 11/11/2019 but just days away from our departure on the 26/01/2020 China Coronavirus is spreading rapidly and we are not going to risk our lives to fly there.
I called many times to Singapore Airlines and Travelgenio regarding this issue. Singapore Airlines has already offered help by saying that they will be able to arrange a refund for us when Travelgenio contact them directly. However when I passed this information to Travelgenio, they are very unwillingly to assist me with this saying that Singapore Airlines has not release any official statement about it. I even requested Lea from Singapore Airlines to get in touch with the customer service at Travelgenio even with people from Singapore Airlines contacting personally, they are still refusing to cooperate and help with this situation. I feel very unfair and cheated by it. None of us saw the virus coming and we would really like to get our refund back because it's really unfair.

As you can see the image below, are the number of times I had been calling Singapore Airlines and Travelgenio to get help with this but after so Long no one is able to resolve this. I am very very upset and disappointed. Please solve this with reasonable answer. I am sure many people are affected by it. Be fair and do something about it. Thank you.

refusing to cooperate with singapore airlines

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 25, 2020

Hello Ruyuan. Of course we can help you to cancel your booking. Please send us an e-mail to [email protected] stating your booking reference and whether you wish to cancel the whole booking or just a part of it and we will indicate the conditions of your fare for cancellations which, as you know, depend on the specific conditions the airline applies. Regards.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] my flight that I booked was cancelled by travelgenio and did not give me refund.

I booked Flight for me and my Wife BOM to BHUJ on Jan 14th 2020 and when I went to airport I was told that Travelgenio cancelled flight and I was not notified, I had to buy new ticket at higher price from Airline.
Travelgenio needs to refund $ 209.65 that I pain to them and excess money that cost me in new ticket. Tried to call and after long hold phone got disconnected. Can not talk to anyone. Can not get hold of any person to talk to. This is ridiculous. Then need to refund my money ASAP.
Can contact me at [protected]@yahoo.comn

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 24, 2020

• Resolution Statement

cancelled ticket - refusal to refund

I had booked tickets through Travelgenio last August and the flight got cancelled because of the Hong-Kong airport events. I asked for a refund, opening ticket number 2709483 and used another company for my trip.

For three months I regularly asked what was the status of my refund and got automated replies in French and English (without any discernible pattern).
After struggling and waiting three months for a refund, I was only refunded half the ticket.
Their answer was that the company had rescheduled one of the flights and even though I had not used it, they could not refund it. They needed an authorization from the airline for that part of the trip.
I called and emailed the airline and they confirmed that Travelgenio was authorized for a full refund. I even forwarded them the email where the airline said they had been authorized to do so all along.

I keep emailing Travelgenio asking for the remainder of my refund but I can't get any reply anymore.

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 22, 2020

Thank you for contacting us Benjamin. One of our agents will contact you within the next few hours.

• Updated by Benjamin Faguer · Jan 29, 2020

I finally got refunded. It only took five months…
    The first line customer support staff was beyond useless, it had to escalate through this website to get an answer.
    Advice for future readers: If you have an issue with customer service, complain publicly online: you might get an answer.

[Resolved] cancelled flight tickets refund

Booking code: EQAJKY
BAE
YUKYUNG

I had booked my tickets through Tavelgenio. Unfortunately, my flight canceled the day before I need to go somewhere through Phillippine because of the Volcanic eruptions.

At the first time, Travelgenio said all customer who lost their flight can get refund and guarantee to book another flight tickets. However, Travelgenio sent Email to me in a week and said They can't refund the money because of just blaming on Airlines. Even I'm not customer of airlines, they keep said I(who is not customer of the airlines)need to get the "Authorization". They just said just SORRY that they can't refund money. I hope I can get my money that I paid with master card and If they couldn't refund my money, I NEVER recommend people lost their money with travelgenio. This will happen to you sooner or later. They just keep the money from customer who faced with cancellation situation, and just said only "sorry, we can't give money from airlines", "Is there anything that we can help?". This is so disappointed problem solving skill of Travelgenio.

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 21, 2020

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] changing flight date services

My name is Baktygul. My friend Temir Kodirov (booking code is [protected]) wanted to change the date of the flight from Tashkent to Seoul from Feb 15 to Feb 01. However, it has been so many days since I could not get any reply.

How many times I tried to contact them, but it was useless. They dont even have phone number in South Korea. Like other companies, they dont even provide free call services. Even there is no reply to my email.

It is so irresponsibility. I don't want to buy anymore from this website.

Thak you,
Bests,
Baktygul Satybaldieva
[protected]@gmail.com

• Travelgenio's response · Jan 20, 2020

• Resolution Statement

I need a confirmed e-ticket.

I bought a ticket on 5th Oct 2019.
from Vancouver to Incheon, 2020-04-12 ~ 2020-04-18
but I couldn't get an e-ticket and Booking status is Canceled in your site (http://checkmyflight.travelgenio.com).
I've made a payment. and got an e-mail 'booking is complete'
please check my status, I need a confirmed e-ticket as soon as possible.

my Booking code : AWCVGC