Menu
Travelgenio company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1084 complaints
840 resolved 244 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Travelgenio customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Travelgenio. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
4:38 am
Travelgenio has left an official reply on this complaint.

Travelgenio - Foreign Currency Transfer fee.

I purchased two return Air Flight tickets. Booking reference: 20990120 Date: 5/23/2022. I paid the full amount in Australian dollars by cc to Travelgenio Australia.

I have checked by bank account and note that a further $131.87 had been deducted for foreign Currency Transfer fees.

At no time was I informed of these charges and if one pays in Australian dollars to Travelgenio Australia what am I being charge for. I was never informed or agreed to this and I request a refund.

Desired outcome: Therefore I request a full refund of this amount please.

Y
May 28, 2022 6:07 am

Travelgenio - I requested a cancellation over two weeks ago, did not receive an call or refund.

I booked the ticket with Enhanced Refundable and i cancel the ticket in 2 mins due to over charges. And more money taken out from my bank account compare to the actual price. Pls look into is and solved asap. Thanks!

My confirmation number is - [protected]

D
12:00 pm

Travelgenio - trip cancelation

hi,

had tested positive for COVID and asked to cancel my flight and in spite of the airline offering a clear policy of refunding the ticket, travelgenio support is refusing the do so. They keep sending me to the airline to get confirmation (when I have booked the ticket with the agency)

this is the [Ticket #5021605] trip cancelation and I would like your support to resolve this before escalating further.

Desired outcome: refund tickets

H
8:46 am
Travelgenio has left an official reply on this complaint.

Travelgenio - More money taken out from my bank account compare to the actual price

the original price was 861886 KRW (Korea Won). However after the payment, I received a message saying "967105 KRW".

And on the website it said i paid 911413.31 KRW and after canceling it i would only receive 911413.31 KRW this amount.

So my question is where did my money go?

I truly believe this is unacceptable handling.

Therefore I would like to cancel my booking without any cancellation fee.

Desired outcome: Please refund without any cancellation fee

G
11:30 am

Travelgenio - Air tickets not yet received

Booking reference : 20954469

Tickets promised within 72 hours of payment, not yet received. Please expedite.

Outbound flight : durban-mauritius: friday august 12

Inbound flight mauritius-durban: wed aug 17

Passengers: george barbic & bojana barbic

Including travelgenio vip service

Travelginio proposed flight Durban -Johannesburg by cemair, this company changed their schedule and we proposed to use flysafair instead.

Desired outcome: KINDLY SUBMIT E TICKETS TODAY

W
4:44 am

Travelgenio - No refund

Booking Reference : 19300450

It has been 6 months now since Air Austral and Safair airlines cancelled my trip (for 4 people) without alternatives. Both companies indicated that I am entitled to a refund and that refunds will be made through Travelgenio. However, despite various attempts and requests, I cannot get Travelgenio to give me a refund.

Desired outcome: Travelgenio to issue refund as requested, as it has been 6 months now.

M
12:31 am

Travelgenio - Tickets have not yet been confirmed

HI I BOOKED MY FLIGHT TICKETS N TRAVELGENIO ON 17TH MAY 2022, TILL DATE I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY TICKETS AND IN MY TRIP SECTION OF THE WEBSITE IT SAY "TICKETS HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED"

I RAISED A TICKET (5014041)ON THE 22ND ON THE WEBSITE BUT NO RESPONSE TO DATE.

I AM TRAVELLING WITH MY 4-YEAR-OLD SON, AND I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE ATTITUDE OF THE TRAVELGENIO WEBSITE.

I BOOKED 5 FLIGHTS OUT OF WHICH 4 WERE CONFIRMED IMMEDIATELY AND THIS ONE IS STILL AWAITED.

KINDLY SEND ME CONFIRMED TICKETS ASAP.

"MY BOOKING REFERENCE IS: 20914512"

EMAIL - [email protected]

FLIGHT FROM HANOI - DA NANG (VIETNAM)

Departure

Saturday, 11 June 2022 | 19:00H

Noibai (HAN), Hanoi, Vietnam

Flexflight (W24519) - Operated by Vietjet Air

Arrival

Saturday, 11 June 2022 | 20:20H

Da Nang (DAD), Da Nang, Vietnam

Desired outcome: I NEED MY TICKETS TODAY AS IT HAS BEEN 9 DAYS SINCE I HAVE BOOKED THE FLIGHT OR I WANT REFUND TODAY, SO I CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY.

S
9:44 am

Travelgenio - Flight ticket

Hi,

I bought emergency tickets to attend my sister visa in India and I bought enhanced refund policy just in case but the day before my flight due to transportation accident I couldn't get visa that day and had to pick up next day so I called the company customer line 6 times. Customer service kept disconnecting my phone and ultimately blocked my number to call so I had to book another ticket.

I wanted to re book with them but they said there is no availability but when I called airline they said they do have tickets, company is a fraud.

Now you are not refunding my ticket. Its a shame. Pls resolve this before I sue the company. My flight was on May 20th London to Amritsar thx

Sukhwinder digra

M
7:36 am

Travelgenio - Changing flight booking date

Kindly im asking your support to change my flight booking date, request dont through site but no one is contacting me for confirmation.

Please im asking your support it is urgent

Request number:5012365

Booking reference number:20255048

F
6:47 am

Travelgenio - 20971644

Date : 22/5/2022

Time : 1400HRS

I Have booked a ticket to HYDERABAD INDIA -

With family of 4, (2 ADULTS, 1 BOY & 1 GIRL)

Added 2 Suitcase of Total 35KG, (2 SETS) PAID 423 AED - EXCESS BAGGAGE

Now the ticket shows ONLY 1 BAG - 5 KG EXCESS BAGGAGE PAID

Desired outcome: Need correction in the excess baggage and resend the tickets urgently

2:39 am

Travelgenio - 20943570

i made booking on may 19, 2022 under booking reference 20943570 for emirates airlines ticket travelling from dubai to new york(jfk) on july 1, 2022 and coming back on july 16, 2022. it is 72hrs now and still i did not receive my ticket. i have called but always on hold and sent email also to [email protected] and [email protected] but still no response

May 26, 2022 1:54 am

i received my ticket. thanks. if i wanna change the time of departure. how can i do it?

R
12:56 am

Travelgenio - Worst and no response service

I bought a ticket flying from Ethiopia to Washington Dc via Travelgenio. The flight was on may 3 ,it was confirmed until I was at the airport with my luggage..then I received an email that my flight was changed to May 10 without my will.it's very sad 😔. So I traveled with Ethiopian airlines the next day which was very expensive.i requested a refund .its may 22 still I did get any response from the Saudi airline or travelgenio .

Update by Robel taf
May 28, 2022 2:15 pm

I did send an email but no one responding back.I don't know what going on.

C
3:26 pm

Travelgenio - Refund for Cancelled Flight

To whom it may concern,

On 07 January 2022 I booked a ticket from Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (Orly) with reference number 19745734 for a total of 680 USD. I spent about $80 - $100 extra for insurance on my ticket, as I understood there could be cancellations due to Covid-19, weather, etc. I was assured that my ticket insurance would provide me a full refund in the event that my flight got cancelled.

On 03 February 2022 I received an email from Travelgenio stating that my flight had been canceled and instead of departing out of LAX, it would be departing out of San Francisco. The email stated that I had the option to leave from San Francisco, or be refunded for my flight. I had no way of getting to San Francisco for my flight. I was shocked by the manner in which Travelgenio handled my request for a refund. They informed me that I would have to contact French Bee and get approval from them first. After about 7 phone calls and taking time that I really did not have going back and forth between Travelgenio and French Bee, a Travelgenio customer service representative informed me that my refund had been approved. I asked when I would see the funds in my account, and she informed me it would take between 1-3 months. It has now been almost 4 months and I still have not received a refund. When I try to contact the refunds department, I am placed on hold and will be waiting to speak with someone for over an hour. I am shocked at how difficult Travelgenio is making it to get a refund for a ticket that I even have insurance on.

I'm now writing to the complaints department as a last resort before I am forced to take legal action. This case has been incredibly unprofessional and poorly handled from the start - beginning with when my luggage was simply cancelled and it was left up to me to get into contact with the airlines. This has taken up a ridiculous amount of my time, energy and money. All I want is to be reimbursed for the purchases I had to make, something that I was told multiple times, and have audio recorded evidence of, would happen. I have never had such a terrible experience with an airline and I would like nothing more than for this to be resolved. I have been incredibly patient and understanding throughout this entire process, and Travelgenio has done next to nothing to help me for carelessness and errors on their part. All of this has been the fault of Travelgenio from the very start and has caused me an extreme amount of stress and still is.

Travelgenio needs to reimburse these funds to me immediately. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous and the conduct of this company and lack of customer service is absolutely appalling.

If I do not hear back from someone regarding my case I will be in contact with the legal department.

Chiani Rousseau

Desired outcome: I need to be refunded the full $680 as soon as possible, otherwise I will be forced to take legal action.

S
10:52 pm

Travelgenio - Airline is requesting payment

Hello

I received an email from Korean Air saying that my booking was not payed for and is requesting a payment or it would be cancelled. When using the mytrips feature on travelgenio it says that my flight is confirmed.

So I should not be receiving this email when I did in fact pay for it on May 18, 2022 and now there is no payment and my flight is supposed to be cancelled by the airline on May 22,2022 and if that is the case I should be receiving a full refund.

Desired outcome: Please confirm my e-ticket(booking numbr 20929900) through travelgenio so that my flight will not be cancelled or please refund my ticket to me. Please respond quickly as this will be dealt with soon.

W
7:55 pm
Travelgenio has left an official reply on this complaint.

Travelgenio - I requested a cancellation over a week ago, did not receive an email or call.

20831871 is my confirmation number. As I mentioned above I requested a cancellation due to a severe disabling skin condition I suffer from.

I completed the form, even sending very personal photos. I never heard back, not a call , not an email.

I went online to cancel the reservation but I now receive a red notice saying, your request was denied and now closed.

This is very unprofessional behavior, I used Expedia to pay, for a reason I will be going to every available feedback source to give them a detailed version of what has transpired, included a camera picture of your response.

Desired outcome: I believe I paid for the insurance protection in case of any event because of my condition, I expect your company to refund the entire flight amount back. Also I’m not sending anymore photos

J
6:55 pm

Travelgenio - Reimbursement

On May 17, 2022, I called Travelgenio to reschedule the flight of my niece from June 7 to August 16th flying from JFK to Manila, Philippines. I spoke to Rofina one of your representative. I was on hold with her for long time each time she needs to verify, before making the changes, etc. She informed me that there will be penalty charge by Korean Air for rescheduling the flights in the amount of $294. I explained to her that when the flight was booked, it says on their website that fees are waived when it comes to rescheduling the flight but their itinerary that they sent did not state that at all. It was only shown before proceeding on booking the flight. She demands me to provide a proof that stated they're waiving those fees. I called Korean Air and spoke to Vincent and he said that there is no fees on rescheduling the flight at all due to covid and he question why the agent from Travelgenio charged me. He advised me to call back Travelgenio for the reimbursement. I called again and spoke to Rofina once again and this time she told me that the airline needs to leave an intern note or a waiver code on their system before she can reimburse the charges. So i called Korean Air again and spoke to another agent name Azrul. He explained to me that it should be the 3rd party who needs to submit the request for the waiver code. He also told me that Rofina should have submit the request first before changing the date of the flight and charging me but since its been set and done, he advised me to give their sales support email for the 3rd party to submit the request for the waiver code and then once its done then Rofina can proceed for the reimbursement. I called the 3rd party website and I forgot the lady's name. I gave her the email address of the sales support of the Korean Air but she refused to submit the request. She insist that she spoke to her supervisor and that they cant reimburse the charges due to their system was automatically charge it and there is no way of reversing the charges. I asked her that I need to speak with her supervisor but she refused and kept insisting that she already spoke to her supervisor and verified everything and that there is no way of transferring me to her supervisor. Travelgenio website need to get an updated policies of the airline because Korean Air website even stated on their policy that fees are waived until December 31, 2022.

Desired outcome: Full refund of $294.00

J
5:18 pm

Travelgenio - can't contact

part of trip as been cancelled and I got an email from travelgenio to contact them. I tried in their website and when I wrote my email address it says that there's no reservation under my email address but they are send me emails.

I need to change part of my trips but there's no way.

my name is jose vaz and the travelgenio reservation code is 1B093K

Can you please help because my reservation is for 6 people

thanks

D
10:22 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

There are still more than 45 days left until July 4th, Why don't you give me a refund? I even paid extra for the extended refund. Why should I cancel my travel reservation to Thailand? My brother-in-law went to heaven by an accident, My wife will come back to Korea to comfort her family. Because we have to try hard them not to follow their dead child. We...

T
8:07 am

Travelgenio - Changing day of tickets

I was booked for my flight on October and paid for flexible tickets it meant I can change my tickets anytime. But I contacted them last week until now noon reply my email or anything. Business, not bullshit . If you are not solving this issue I’m gonna sue you about your service. I have been waiting for a week. I need to know as preparation for my wedding.

Desired outcome: Disgusting service Dead service

L
3:57 pm

Travelgenio - Change the name on ticket

hello my booking id is 20771821

03/05/2022 I bought a ticket 169-6949735903 for my son

he can't fly

you can change the name to something else

or if there is no such option, cancel the ticket

9:42 am

Travelgenio - Plane ticket from chicago to rome

I was turned away at the Delta counter for my trip to Rome from Atlanta because of a problem with my passport. Delta assured me that it was fine, but then discovered that I had purchased my ticket through Travelgenio. Delta did not mark my ticket as a No Show, and said that Travelgenio only needed to adjust my date of departure. Upon calling Travelgenio, however, they refused to change my ticket, stating that this was an impossibility because of technical reasons. To proceed, Delta requested that Travelgenio call their hotline, but Travelgenios refused going so far as to claim that their call center could not make calls. I asked to speak with a manager, which they also refused. Eventually, they hung up on me without resolution.

Desired outcome: Resolution -- A refund or a changed ticket.

Travelgenio contacts