Having problems with ExploreTrip?

ExploreTrip reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 8, 2010. The latest review Was not provided the full refund I was told was posted on Jun 21, 2021. The latest complaint Was not provided the full refund I was told was resolved on Jun 21, 2021. ExploreTrip has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 41 reviews. ExploreTrip has resolved 15 complaints.

ExploreTrip Customer Service Contacts

951 Mariners Island Blvd, Suite 130
San Mateo, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ExploreTrip Customer Service. Initial ExploreTrip complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ExploreTrip above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ExploreTrip. Discuss the issues you have had with ExploreTrip and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ExploreTrip Complaints & Reviews

Jun 21, 2021

ExploreTrip — Was not provided the full refund I was told

Made reservation on 6/20/21 and was told my trip back will be one stop. I was NEVER told that the plane will...

ExploreTripFlight cancel without notice, want a refund

We booked a flight with you on Febrary 27 from montreal to cancun leaving march 9, from montreal, returning april 10th, 2020. Pnr uwmqie et20y2700134. WIVOIC, price 987.52$. We paid the amount by a cc, to you, you never advice us that the return flight was cancel, no more flight to canada starting March 24, border were closed. We want our money back, we will not travel soon, my husbad is sick. We want our money because the services we paid for to you was not rendered. You by the law have to give the services we paid for, that is the law. This look like a fraud to us. Waiting for the refund of the trip that you did not give us. Thank you, you sold us a trip that was not available. Rene.[protected]@hotmail.com and [protected]@hotmail.com

ExploreTripairline travel

Booked a flight with them through a skyscanner offer and was told I had to pay for seat assignment. I was only able to select seats for 3 of our 4 flights and when I called Cathay Pacific to inquire why was told that I should not have been charged at all as we are a family and anyone traveling on Cathay with Children under 12 will sit together at no cost. They said they issued a refund to C&H International and they issued back to ExploreTrip and to contact them. So I did and after 2 attempts (1st waited over 2 hours and 2nd almost 2 hours) I was able to hear a voice on the other end. As soon as I got to saying a refund was already issued the guy just hung up on me. So I contacted C&H International who said they would send an email with all my information and nothing has transpired.

• ExploreTrip's response · Feb 04, 2020

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We were unaware that the seat assigned were cancelled and refunded the charges to our ticketing agency. We are investigating on the credit and will update you on the refund for the charges paid for the seat assignment.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and delay in the process.

Exploretrip.

ExploreTripcustomer service and lack of communication

I booked my flight back in April, it is now September. My flight was cancelled through the 'customer service professionals' at ExploreTrip and no one contacted me about it, except through ONE email that went to spam (the only reason I even found it was because I was looking through my entire inbox because I had forgotten what time my flight was). One obviously has to give their phone number when checking out, so ExploreTrip without a doubt had the capacity to contact me that my flight was cancelled.

After many frustrating emails back and forth I finally called their 'customer service' line and the man who was 'helping' me was absolutely unwilling to amend the problem that they had caused. I originally bought my tickers for $208 dollars-- he quoted by $367, at least 100 dollars over anything on any other website I found! (Alaska, Delta, Hipmunk).

I was dumbfounded at the complete lack of professionalism. I myself work in the customer service industry as a server in a restaurant, so I find this completely unacceptable.

• ExploreTrip's response · Sep 13, 2019

Dear Customer,

We apologise for for convenience caused, .

I understand your concern and advise you that the tickets were exchanged on your acceptance. Please be advised that changes on the itinerary can only be processed with the associated penalty and fare difference. We work on instant technology and once the changes are accepted, system have processed the changes and cannot be revoked again.

ExploreTripbooking

I booked a trip (PNR: EUQDWM ), received an email 4 hours later that my credit card was declined. I called my bank first thing in the morning & they said it was because someone on your end put in my zip code wrong. My bank approved the charge. I called back FOUR times & my bank even called once to authorize the charge. You wouldn't process it even though that's exactly what your email said to do. Now the price has increased by $150. Completely ridiculous. Such awful customer service. And worst of all: IT WAS YOUR MISTAKE! I will never use Explore Trip again. I spoke to a Rosie at extension 4142 who hung up on me and a Piper at extension 4132, who raised her voice several times to me before I finally had enough and asked to speak to a supervisor.

• ExploreTrip's response · Aug 27, 2019

Dear Customer,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have referred your concern and advise you that the booking was not confirmed as the card mentioned was declined while charging towards the tickets. We have sent CC decline email and by the time you reach us, the fare was expired due to sensitive nature.

We apologise for the agents behaviour and will take necessary actions after reviewing the call records and ensure these things will not be repeated.

Exploretrip

ExploreTripcancelled my tickets and never refunded my money

I've always used skyscanner to find the best deals for my flights. This time i've had a really bad experience. Booked my flights through ExploreTrip. After the booking they send me the confirmation of the booking and the code of the airline to use for the checkin. Later they sent me email asking the photo of my credit card and photo of my ID. I obviously refused to do that because that sounded a bit shady. I tried to contact them but non of their phones worked. Then I received a call telling they cancelled my flight they spoke in a very rude way and the call was from India although it states that the business is in the USA. During the booking process they didn't tell me that I would have send my card details and my id over to them. They just took my payment over the phone. Like I've said been using skyscanner so many times never had issues never ever any travel agent asked me for my card details and id to be sent. This company is a scam and has to be removed from the skyscanner filter. Not to mention they never refunded me the money.

ExploreTripair travel ticket

I had to stay at the airport as "Exploretrip" sold me ticket that has two stops in Germany, I called twice before journey and none of them ever check and told us about transit visa needs. In the last minute i was allowed to board the flight and "Exploretrip" has not control of the situation, They were not even able to help me to travel next day. Lufthansa said they can not control the ticket and we lost whole ticket.

Explore trip is not doing check whether passengers are allowed to transit through some countries and still selling the tickets. Also their customer service do not help to resolve the issue and try to extort money in unfair ways.

Business has moral obligation and responsiblity to sell tickets that customer can actually use. They should ask all questions before letting customer buy the ticket like airlines does.

They have to educate their customer service team to help customers than extorting them for money for "ExploreTrip" mistakes.

ExploreTrip.combooking refund

I booked a flight on May 22, 2019 then I immediately (10 mins after booking) called their customer service to cancel the flight booking because our companions are not available on that date. Their agent Adolf Wilson told me that the tax will not be refunded. He cancelled the flight booking immediately without explaining to me the amount not to be refunded. He should told me before the amount for us to decide before he cancelled it. They just refunded the amount of fare but not the tax. Why are they like that? They should have explained clearly and they should refund the full amount because I cancelled it immediately.

Explore Tripdouble paid for airline tickets

I've had the worst headache with this bookings. Id have to admit the big inning problems was my fault, I had booked my young child's airline ticket under the wrong name using auto fill in my phone (sigh) the customer service was good from explore trip but the run around and passing back and forth between supervisors was very stressful and took a lot of push on my end to get resolved. Despite Air New Zealand saying it was easy enough to fix with a simple waiver form on explore trips end they still charged me 250 for the service. I thought my problems were over, I felt relieved but here I am again a week and a bit later and my credit card shows a pending charge for 2 days for the airline tickets again? I sat on it thinking maybe it's an odd thing that goes on? I don't know. Then today the amount was withdrawn/posted on my credit card. I have now been charged for the tickets on April 17 and April 23 both for the the whole ticket price, both from explore trip not the airline on top of the 250 name change. I have contacted explode trio but they have just told me to email screen shots of my bill to their billing department. My credit card is now over the limit maxed out. This trip was from Canada to Australia. PNRs: PMNY2A & VBT4CK. I have yet to here back and am so stressed about what run around I am going to get from them this time, or if I here from them at all and need to call a hundred times to figure it out

ExploreTriptickets

These guys are a scam. spoke to a Mr Eddy, agreed to charge me 340USD for a date change and when we called to confirm the transaction, he said that now the price is 750USD . That was for a June 27th flight. Then he called and said the flight is not available. But here is the fun part, Flight is booked and confirmed on Delta web site.
                  These consolidator company is an absolutely scam. the promise tickets and services that they cannot produce. I have already send a complaint to Delta regarding that particular website. Talked to them and they will be looking onto it. Also they did mention large amount of negative comments regarding ExploreTrip.

Just be very cautions when booking anything from them.

RESOLVED

They called me and re issue my tickets at the agreed price.

• ExploreTrip's response · Jan 15, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

As advised, we are working with the airline on exchanging your ticket and will contact your directly on the number listed once the tickets are exchanged.

We regret the inconvenience and the delay in the process.

Exploretrip.

ExploreTripwaiting for a refund/thieves/cheats

I booked return tickets to India for December 2016 with PNR 5W8R23. I had to cancel the tickets due to some personal reasons and was told I will get the refund in 3-4 days. When I did not get the refund called the customer service and was told I will get it in 7-14 days. I waited again. After a month, called them and was given 3-4 days timeframe again. When I did not get it I raised a dispute on my card, after 6 months the card cancelled it stating explore trips terms/conditions. When I called explore trip, they said I will have to use a different card and make a payment of $100 to get the refund back. Did that too, and now 3 years down still waiting for my original refund. I wish I had the time and money to file a legal complaint against exploretrip.

• ExploreTrip's response · Jan 15, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please be advised that the refund was not processed as we received a chargeback from your bank. Do contact your bank and verify the claim.

Exploretrip

ExploreTripflights booking (lack of support)

I made a booking through them for a flight from Bucharest to Washington and back. The booking incorporated flights with different airlines and was handled overall by Hahn Airline. The first flight went well.
                      The return one, which was structured with 2 layovers (one in Dublin and one in Glasgow) and 2 different airlines (Air lingus for the first two flights and Blue air for the last one) started badly as the first flight left with 1 hour delay which caused my mother (the passenger) to miss the second and third flight. Air Lingus gave her another flight from Dublin to Glasgow 5 hours later, but when she got to Glasgow none of the 2 airlines (Air lingus or Blue air) wanted to help her with the final flight. Want to clarify that all these 3 flights from Washington to Bucharest (Washington- Dublin, Dublin-Glasgow, Glasgow - Bucharest) are on the same ticket/ reservation.
                      Air Lingus which handled the first 2 flights said they did their part and can't do more as they don't have any agreement with the other airline (Blue air). They actually said this reservation is a broken fare and should have never been structured this way because is not offering protection as they don't have any agreement with Blue Air. Blue Air said they don't have any fault that my mother missed their flight, plus their next flight to Bucharest is in 3 days.
                      I contacted also the Hahn air (the overall "processor" of these 3 flights) and every time they told me the travel agency (Exploretrip) should contact them about this. I spoke with the travel agency multiple times (also sent multiple emails) and now more than 8 hours later I don't have any answer back from them. Every time they told me to be patient as they will try to do something about (they told me this after they "instructed" me several times to call all these 3 airlines from above) and still no answer back from them as of now.
                      My mother which is 60+ has been on the roads for more than 24 hours now and spent most of this time waiting in airports is very tired and affected by this, especially that she doesn't know anything about when she will finally be able to get home. Thus, I just bought her the first available flight to get to the destination (which is not even a direct flight), but I firmly consider I should be reimbursed by Exploretrip (or Hahn air) for this cost as I bought from them a two-way flight from Washington DC to Bucharest and not only half of it as I got to benefit from.

ExploreTrip — tickets

Contact bbb I don't know how they still have an a+, they are scammers!!! They had the nerve to call me 6...

ExploreTripflight tickets

Exploretrip.Com, a site to be avoided!

i purchased 2 flight tickets from this travel agency for my spouse and myself, from baltimore, md to houston, tx, with departure scheduled for july 30, 2018 at 6:15 pm and arrival on july 30, 2018 at 8:22 pm. These tickets cost me a total of $394.08 and were to be serviced by united airlines. When we got to the check in counter, our passports were requested. We had just our state ids and demanded explanation for such a request. That is when the counter attendant informed us that our flight was an international flight and as such we needed to show passports. We assured him that we bought tickets for houston, tx and no where else. After checking the flight details, he assured us that the flight was going to cancun, mexico the next day, but transiting through houston, tx that day. All our efforts to board that flight were futile because we had no passports and because they said we had a bag to check in, whose final destination could only be cancun, mexico and united airlines could not be responsible for returning the bag to houston, tx. We spoke with united airlines and explore trip customer service representatives to no avail. United airlines demanded an additional $400.00, that is, $200.00 per person, to book us on another flight that same day, while explore trip proposed cancellation with partial reimbursement. I declined the partial reimbursement and demanded full reimbursement, assuring the explore trip customer representative that the company would hear from my lawyer. The trip was nevertheless cancelled before i had time to accept united airline's proposal of additional $400.00 and when i returned to the counter to give united airlines the go-ahead, i was told this option was no longer available since explore trip had already cancelled our trip. I visited all the airline counters and none had a flight leaving baltimore, md to houston, tx, that same day. I ended up booking another trip with spirit airlines (confirmation code: li2ssh) leaving at 06:05 am next morning and arriving houston, tx at 12:27 pm. These 2 tickets cost me $685.60. My spouse and i could not spend the night at the airport. I booked a rental car with hotwire (confirmation number [protected]) at a total cost of $52.45 and we traveled to germantown, md, where we spent the night at a relation's house. I refueled the car the next morning for $15.00 before returning the car. Explore trip made me to incur extra expenditure. From an initial $394.08, i ended up with additional $685.60 and $52.45, giving a total of $738.05. Explore trip has since sent me a partial refund of $199.52 to my account. Explore trip caused me to incur extra expenditure. I was not prepared to get new tickets for my spouse and i but i had no choice. We had to get back to houston, tx or risked losing our jobs. All i need from explore trip is the reimbursement of $149.41, being extra expenditure minus initial expenditure. That is, $685.60(spirit airlines flight tickets)+$52.45(hotwire car rental serviced by thrifty)=$738.05. $738.05(extra expenditure)-$394.08(initial expenditure: explore trip flight tickets serviced by united airlines)=$343.97(extra expenditure incurred). $343.97(extra expenditure)-$194.56(partial reimbursement received)=$149.41.

ExploreTripfraud

Purchased 2 roundtrip tickets on 1/30 and money cleared my account on that day. With also the insurance that cleared my account on 1/31.
                          The tickets was from detroit to dallas and dallas to detroit.
                          I have not received my e-tickets because there is still a balance owed to spirit that was not paid by this travel agency.
                          That is why I have not received anything.
                          I have been calling for over a week and dealing with people that keep saying it looks paid on our end.
                          And When I called a week ago the guy said looks like you have travel insurance and I see you paid. By that's not updated.
                          This has been a night mare. What has happened with my money? and my Tickets?

• ExploreTrip's response · Jun 11, 2018

Dear Customer,

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Please provide the PNR or reference number to locate your booking and resolve the concern in a single go.

• Updated by 14ckgraha · Jun 11, 2018

VVQ980

• Updated by 14ckgraha · Jun 11, 2018

They are now supposedly given me some of my money back.
                              And of course now tickets are more money. And I have waisted a week's worth of time and emotional stress. Having to deal with this and going back n forth with Spirit.
                              So I will not believe it to I have the money in my account. This is way worth more then the amount I'm getting back.

• ExploreTrip's response · Apr 24, 2019

Dear Customer,

Please be advised that your refund of $154.62 has been already processed back to your card. We request you to send an email to [email protected] com for any further assistance.

ExploreTripbait & switch

Do not do business with exploretrip. I booked 6 tickets to lima peru on a wednesday for $625 each ticket. I get an email confirmation from them immediately. but 2 days later on friday evening I get another email from exploretrip saying I in fact don't have the tickets!! what the heck!? I called exploretrip and they said they can book new tickets for me but it will be $750 each!! they waited until the weekend to inform me I have no tickets because they know (and I know) airfare are at the highest during the weekend.
                            I refuse to give them my business. i'm rebooking through another agency that is trustworthy & reliable.
                            It makes me angry that they wasted my time and money.
                            Exploretrip is a scammer!

• ExploreTrip's response · Apr 21, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please be informed that the ticket were cancelled due to airline systems error. We regret the inconvenience and request you to understand the travel agency limitations over the airline protocols. We are working under airline and need to obey airline regulations.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience which was involuntary.

ExploreTriptickets

A flight I recently booked through your website has the wrong first name. I entered the passenger's name correctly (Parker) but there was clearly some mix up between the passenger's first name and the name on the card purchasing the ticket. I double checked the information before pressing the final button to book the flight. Now it has the right date of birth, right gender, but wrong first name. I didn't realize this until 29 days after the ticket was booked. The representative I spoke with said that if I had called sooner they would have changed the name. They claimed that they are unable to do anything without charging me another $100-$400 or refunding a partial credit to be used only with that airlines and their travel services. I have spoken to Alaska Airlines, and they said they are unable to touch the ticket because it is a bulk ticket. This was not my problem or my error and ExploreTrip is unwilling to help unless I pay. Timeline shouldn't matter. Yes I booked the ticket 28 days ago, but the trip isn't for another 50+ days. This needs to be resolved. Either the name needs to be changed or I need a refund.

• ExploreTrip's response · Apr 19, 2018

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Kindly provide us your PNR or REF# to check the complete details.

ExploreTrip Escalations.

ExploreTripwaiting for a refund

My Daughter who is very young and in the U.S. Military booked a flight on November 21st and cancelled a couple of hours later. She was to leave Dallas, Texas to Laguardia NY on Spirit airlines- flight 344 on December 25th 2017. She was told that she would get her refund within 7-14 days. I have repeatably called on her behalf and now they are saying 7-14 WORKING days!She is on a very tight budget and needs that money to get home for the Christmas Holiday.

• ExploreTrip's response · Dec 12, 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback and accept our apology for the inconvenience caused.
                                    We are unable to locate any booking with your name. Kindly provide PNR or reference number to locate your booking and advise advise accordingly.

• ExploreTrip's response · Dec 12, 2017

We have located your booking and advise you that the refund was delayed by the airline systems. We would process refund immediately after we receive funds from the airline. Kindly understand the travel agency limitations, as we are working under airline and need to obey airline regulations.

• Po
                                    pobarjenkins Dec 12, 2017

Most companies almost always mean working/business days when providing time frames. I'm surprised the customer service will even speak with you if it was your daughter who booked the flight.

• Sh
                                    Shaun R. Dec 12, 2017

Do you have anything in writing guaranteeing her a refund?

ExploreTripAbsolutely ridiculous company

I wonder how they are still operating. They are the worst of the worst.
                                  If you have an opportunity, book elsewhere, never use this company.
                                  They promised to refund as soon as possible as the flight was canceled.
                                  I waited for 2 weeks and called them again. They said they have never heard anything about my issue and said they will refund within ten business days.
                                  Ten business days had passed and I got only half of my money. To my question "what the hell" they referred to their policies. Ugh, no explanations, just stole my money and run away!!!

• ExploreTrip's response · Dec 01, 2017

Dear Hannah,

We regret the inconvenience caused. Kindly advise your PNR or reference number to locate the concern and resolve it in one go with no more delays.

Thanks,

ExploreTripname change

I am requesting for a name change because I renewed my passport after booking the tickets and I had to legally change my maiden name to married name. I was told to submit all documents via email which I did on october 19. I received a confirmation regarding this on october 20 from explore trip and was advised to wait for korean air's advise on this.

Fast forward to today, 30th of october, I called korean air and they said explore trip has not forwarded anything to them!!! Explore trip called them on 23 of october regarding the request for name change and was told by korean air to email supporting documents, which they never did!!! It's not hard to forward my email containing my supporting documents!!!

I've been hanged up a lot of times today by explore trip. And that just shows their poor customer service. They have arrogant call agents to!!! Liars!!! Inefficient!!!

As per korean air they can process name changes within 72 hours from receipt of the documents. And guess what, it's been 10 days since I sent my supporting documents to korean air!!!