Having problems with Travelgenio?

+34 911 160 765 (Spain & International)
+1 646 568 7507 (United States)
+44 870 099 0971 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 205 378 (Australia)
+64 99 853 516 (New Zealand)
+32 70 354 719 (Belgium)
+45 78 791 031 (Denmark)
+358 20 020 302 (Finland)
+31 208 082 817 (Netherlands)
+351 707 501 997 (Portugal)
+41 315 280 581 (Switzerland)
+65 31 581 467 (Singapore)
+54 115 984 2113 (Argentina)
c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq
Madrid
Spain - 28037

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] I booked 2 return flights from exeter to heathrow for sat 10th june 2017. the flights didn't exist and were apparently a train ticket.

The flight booking code was WVZ8DG The airline code was 9B/WVZ8DG

E tickets 450-[protected] and 450-[protected]

We booked to fly from Exeter Air port to London Heathrow.
The flight out was to be at 5.15 am

When we got to the airport and tried to get our boarding passes we could not get any and on investigation we were told that the flight doesn't exist and never could exist. But there was no indication that there wasn't a flight. The staff at the airport said that they had seen this before and said it was a rail ticket.

we were forced to purchase two air tickets to go to London and landed in the London city airport which then involved a taxi ride to get to our destination.

We managed to also get a train back to Exeter city, but then had to find our own way back to the airport to collect our car.

Our travel cost us an extra £200 plus taxis.

I would like a refund on our tickets as they were totally miss sold to us as flights. I entered the details several times before I booked to be sure it was the right information, location and destination. I would also like like an apology and for them to clarify everything on the web site.

When I looked for a customer services phone number, the site said that the line was only open during office hours and this was 4 am on the Saturday.
this is the link to my confirmation page. Everywhere clearly states that it is flights!

I hope you can help us.

Travelgenio
  • Travelgenio's response · Jun 15, 2017

Hi Nikisolomon. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] flight booking

Dear travelgenio,

I wrote to lot airlines

"dear lot airlines
I have booked flight no lot 784
Rix to waw jun 28, 2:05 pm
Lot 415
Waw to gva jun 28, 4:40 pm
Through travelgenio website, however I have not received any e ticket (Pdf). I have not received any 13 digit ticket number either.

Please send me a ticket number and a e ticket.

Code de réservation 7756364
Numéro de réservation : sj3wqf

Regards,
Udita gaurav"

And they replied

"dear ms. Gaurav,

Thank you for your message.

Please contact with the travel agency that issued your ticket because it’s not visible in our system.

We kindly ask you to keep all previous messages. Maintaining correspondence history will help us accelerate our processing of your case.

Best regards,

Aleksandra brozio
Customer communication consultant
Lot polish airlines s. A."

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 13, 2017

Hi Udita. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] no response to special service - bicycle as luggage

I bought a flight ticket from manchester to trondheim in March 2017. The flight detail is booking no 6KND6O manchester to Wideroe on 9/6/17. I have booked for special service for this, and paid 16 euros - to have my bicycle sent over in a box.

This was not shown in my ticket, and I now have to pay extra for my bicycle to be transported across.

As the charges for transporting the bicycle now is even higher than what I initially paid for, I wish to have the initial purchase of the service refunded along with my subsequent payment to the airlines for my extra baggage.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 09, 2017

Hi Yin. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] "special services"

Contact #1030049, booking reference PNDTXA
In late 2016 I booked two flights with Travelgenio from Madrid to seville on the 3rd June 2017 (today). The booking gateway way unclear and I was attempting to add checked luggage to my booking. I mistakenly used the "special luggage" option - which as I said, in my mind was the option to simply add luggage. As there was two of us travelling, I paid an extra $62 AUD total for two of this so called "special luggage" services. Anyways, a few weeks later I get an email from from a Travelgenio agent asking me if me and my travel companion needed anything and also advising me that at that point I did not have any luggage allowance. I explained that I misunderstood and that I had no special luggage requirements at all, and that I simply needed to add checked luggage and so did my travel companion. They then attempted to charge me another $30 EUR for checked luggage and $14 EUR for "early seat"selection. Needless to say I was upset because as I said, I didn't really understand why then had I paid $62 AUD for? I called several agents, emailed several times to try to work this out and each and every time all I got was generic, rude, unhelpful responses and refusal to refund the $62 AUD for special services that I did not need or use. To top it up, not only did they try to ask me for my credit card details VIA EMAIL (seriously?), they never contacted my travel companion to offer this so called "special luggage service" at all. They tried to do it all through me. So again I would like to ask, what did I pay an extra $62 AUD for? At this stage it seems I paid for a lousy email asking me if I needed any assistance, rudeness, unprofessional conduct and absolutely horrendous customer service.
I think this is pretty unfair. In the end, I called the airline directly myself and added checked luggage. I want my $62 AUD back!!!

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 03, 2017

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 04, 2017

Hello. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours.
    Thank you for your collaboration.

Christopher D. Botha Apr 23, 2019

Travelgenio still has this useless special services, not happy at all being charged for a services which adds no convenience to the customer. If your Travelgenio flight is with a reputable airline these services add no value.

[Resolved] cancelling because of a cyclone

Booking reference 959SCU. We had booked a flight to and from Hayman Island for our wedding in May. Cyclone Debbie hit the island several weeks ago and the island is officially closed till next year. We have had to cancel all our plans and having more stress because Travelgenio won't respond to my emails to credit flight. Virgin Aust, would like to talk to your regarding this, so a full credit can be issued. Please sort this out for us. We have had a stressful enough time having to cancel our wedding at this stage.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 13, 2017

Hello Victoria;
    Best Regards.

[Resolved] service & product

Just got off the phone with a Joseph from Travelgenia.
This is an official complaint. The purpose for my call was to change a date from April 9th to May 10th as my travel plans had changed. Flight departure was approx. 1700hrs.
Phone on the April 8 before the cut off time of 24hrs.
1) Phone service took approximately 30mns waiting time
2) Joseph answered the phone, at first was polite, went thru process was fine.
3)Requested to change dates, advised to hold. Advised change of dates would be more then original ticket price $495
4) Req. To check of any cheaper prices, advise earlier date change will be approx $130 Est and what ever else was was dif in price. Joseph replied, will check policy.
5) interim, was am checking prices in sky scanner. They were alot cheaper.
6) then Joseph got back on the phone after 45mn wait, advised, du to policy. 24hrs now unable to change ticket.
7) became frustrated, and disappointed as we were both finding a solution, and then he refused to assist me anymore.
8) asked to speak to manager, advised No.
9) this company is disrespectful and after spending alot of money with them. They refused to assist me.
10)I was also hoping to add on 3 more flights however due to there actions and of Joseph from customer service team. They have truly let down ty ere reputation.
Disrespectful and lack of communication skills.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 09, 2017

Hi ziiz, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] flights got changed and travelgenio doesn't assist me

I bought the tickets the 16/03. they said a price at the beginning and at the moment of the payment the price increased (more than 80 euros) but I got them because I really needed them. after not even a week I got an e-mail saying that my flights were changed into some illogical times and days. had already to change two flights to reach my destination but once they changed it I had my second flight before my first one (03/08 addisabeba and 04/08 milan - I stay initaly)! how could it be??? how could I reach ethiopia if i'm in italy?! I tried to contact them for three weeks and they are just ignoring me. i'm still waiting for them to get back to me and help me. i'll never use travelgenio again.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 06, 2017

Hi Eva, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] travelgenio flight booking agency

To be hounest I have never seen such an untrustworthy flight booking company. I have booked a flight with your company through sky scanner on the 27/03/2017. I filler all my information including the payment section. After I recived a confirmation email from tavelgenio, I went through to check if my information were right. Passenger name and the name of the contact person were swapped around and I'm sure that I checked the information more than twice and were right. I have called the egancy but they were apparently speaking Spanish. They said few word in English that I could understand such as" call after 5 minutes for English". I hung up and called after 5 minutes I explained my situation so they asked for the booking code which I did give them. They asked to hold, I hold on for long time. Than the line went off, they hung up on me. I called again they said to explain the situation again and asked for the booking code which I have once again give them and luckley the costumer service said that his colleague has been going on my file. They said to wait and was on hold for a while. Than my phone credit finished so I recharged lots of credit and called again and once again they said to call after 5 minutes as they don't have an English speaker available. I called again and they said they changed the name. I told them that I have read somewhere on the website that if I change anything in my booking the change won't be confirmed until after few hours because my booking was on the 29th of March she said that shouldn't be a problem and that my booking would be confirmed straight away. I checked online and my booking was changed indead and they asked to pay 30 Euro which I accepted, but again she asked to put me on hold, .
To sum up all the time that has been wasted for useless reason, more than once they hung up on me and they kept me on hold and each time I call until 4 hours they keep on saying call after 5 minutes for English speaker.
I tried the next day, they said the same thing. I recahrged credit once and twice.
On the 29th of March on my trip day I arrived to the airport 3 hours prior to the travel time. I asked at the counter to check if in case there is a problem with my booking. The Qatar office in the airport asked for my confirmation code/booking code and asked me to show my ticket he said there is no booking under my name. I was so shocked to hear what the worker said. He couldn't find my name nor my child's name. He said there is no booking under our names. He said I have to book again if I were to go on the plane that would departe after 3 hours. I asked if they have credit card facility, they said no I have to pay cash in my country there weren't many banks and ATMs so I exit the airport and went looking for one, the ATM gave me most of the money I needed but not all of it, so I suffered a lot until I solved the money out and paid for my ticket.
So I ended up paying twice $2380 and 2200, 000 Iraqi dinar.
I was so angry because if I don't travel on that day my visa would be in danger I was only allowed to stay in my country for 3 months and the 3 months finished which means I can't stay any longer.
Instead of paying $2380 I had to pay more tha $4500.
I'm not complaining about the bad Customer service, neither about the untrustworthiness, not about the double payment I was charged BUT I'm talking about the situation and the suffering I went through when I was going from bank to bank looking for an ATM. I'm talking about my visa which was about to expire while I'm in the airport trying to book for another flight. I'm talking about my child who was crying to death while I was trying to get the money to the airport so that I could travel before my visa expires.
I don't know who is responsible for all of this but I need a refund. My case needs a lots of attention and needs to be solved.

• Travelgenio's response · Mar 31, 2017

Our team has informed you by mail about this with all details. If you need further info, please follow the mail chain. Regards

[Resolved] refunded money

Dear respected customer services representatives (refunds group) :
These are the tickets reference codes:

Ticket:077-[protected] - eisawi hassan
Ticket:077-[protected] - eisawi dareen
Ticket:077-[protected] - eisawi taraf

Https://mail. google. com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#sent/15a844999366ebf2

1 - on 8-2-2016 you charged me 4706.11 eur for nine air tickets
2 - nearly on [protected], I started e-mailing travelgenio agency about refunding of these tickets
3 - you told me through these e-mails about the penalties that there are 120eur pluse 30eur which is equal to 150 eur for each tickets
4-now the total penalty for nine tickets are equal to 1350eur.
5 - I chicked with my bank and they print the transaction for me and it was 2659 eur
5-by subtracting 1350eur form 4706.11eur, the remaining is 3356.11 eur. but you refund is only 2659eur

6 - I think it is my right to know the detail of my refund and how you calculate it. I believe that I have 697 eur remaining with you.

For contact :
H. a. [protected]@gmail. com
Mobile number: [protected]

Regards

• Travelgenio's response · Mar 23, 2017

Hi, please send us all the details regarding the refund petition to [email protected] and our team will be pleased to assist you. Regards

[Resolved] airline ticket

I have purchased a Lufthansa ticket from Zurich to Bangkok with Travelgenio for a Wedding. Lufthansa made a change on the flight times, and no suitable alternatives were offered. The flight to Bangkok was even deleted from my reservation. I have requested a refund, and more than 3 weeks passed nobody can confirm if a refund will be issued or offer any alternatives.

There is an horrible ping pong of responsibilities, and lots of contradictory information:
- Travelgenio refuses to call Lufthansa, when Lufthansa says they have to call to help solve the problem.
- Lufthansa claims they have not received the ticket money from Travelgenio, therefore no refund can be issued. But Travelgenio says they have paid and are actually waiting for the Lufthansa refund.

As a customer im stuck in between, and Travelgenio does not really help with the situation. I will avoid intermediaries in the future.

• Travelgenio's response · Dec 28, 2016

Hi, we are working in your case since midday and updating all we have regarding the changes and cancellations suffered. It is the airline the one that is able to change or cancel its flights and we only have the possibility to offer the alternatives they provide us. We are contacting them to know what happened and how to proceed with your requirements. Our team will contact you with the latest news. Regard

• Pa
    Paulo Andrade Jan 06, 2017

Dear Travelgenio

After my case was passed to another department at travelgenio ([email protected]) it ended up fine. They confirmed the refund and kept me posted on all updates. Already have the refund on my account.

[Resolved] change of date for ticket

I am send many emails have 3 days, i try contact with latam arlines, and american arlines, but infortunately i need contact with travelgenio. Had information not have flight in date 13/10 but no want back my money or change my ticket, very bad customer, never more bought ticket, hotel, in travel genio, i need of help urgent,
Code 49ckcy

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 12, 2016

Hello Anna;
    Our team sent you an email some days ago informing you of the situation of your booking and refund.
    Best regards.

• Pu
    puky Jul 19, 2018

I am trying to call the customer service number and there is no reply except i have been put on hold and i really need help in changing my flight date. please if possible how well can i get to you so that i can get help.

[Resolved] airline tickets

Booked return ticket from New Zealand to Moscow. After airline cancel on of my flights and I confirmed replacement they didn't send conformation for two month and when they did it was not suitable. They refused to honor original itinerary and accept their fault that dates I picked wasn't available because they delayed it for two month. Customer service rep. hung up the phone on me, when I asked if they willing to take responsibility for two month delay and now I have to pay $300 extra to get a dates I want.
Truly horrible experience. They also wouldn't transfer to supervisor.

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 07, 2016

Hi Katya, please send us all the details to [email protected] and an agent will contact you to give you support. Best regards

• Ka
    Katya12 Oct 07, 2016

I talked to your customer support service yesterday for almost 45 min with no result and she hung up on me. She never answer my question about why was there two month delay in confirming my flights. On two occasions before that when I talkd to your customer service I've been told that person who deals with China Eastern airline changes is too busy with other requests and I need to wait for my turn. Only when I almost cried on the phone explaining that I'm trying to flying for my father 70th birthday I got a reply. I don't think that your customer service will support me. Surely they didn't for two month now. I can give you my reservation number here and lets see if public domain will facilitate you honoring to your mistakes. Res. number: MMP5HC I really want to fly from Russia on 15 or 16 of December as I confirmed previously and purchased the ticket for. I don't mind if I fly with different airline.

[Resolved] travelgenio do not respond to refund and credits for flights

Very bad experience with Travelgenio... I had to cancel my trip and Travelgenio tried to tell me I couldn't...

does not give refunds

Booked a flight with this company, then need to change it. However each time I called the call centre they cut me off. I had to make the changes to my flights before midnight in Australia. As a result of speaking to 3 different call centre agents each time getting cut off I missed the midnight cut off. Now they wont let me get a credit back, and I even asked to speak to the supervisor which they would not do. Total SCAM.

incorrect price

I purchased 2 tickets to fly from Istanbul to Skopje from travel2be website on June 12th. The flight is for...

Travelgenio

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices