Having problems with Travelgenio?

+34 911 160 765 (Spain & International)
+1 646 568 7507 (United States)
+44 870 099 0971 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 205 378 (Australia)
+64 99 853 516 (New Zealand)
+32 70 354 719 (Belgium)
+45 78 791 031 (Denmark)
+358 20 020 302 (Finland)
+31 208 082 817 (Netherlands)
+351 707 501 997 (Portugal)
+41 315 280 581 (Switzerland)
+65 31 581 467 (Singapore)
+54 115 984 2113 (Argentina)
c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq
Madrid
Spain - 28037

Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] modify name

2 days ago i booked a Ticket from Tokyo to Bangkok via your websites and I have accidentally keyed my first name under the last name column.

Yesterday I called to your customer service and they said that they will send an e-mail to update the situation within 24 hours BUT finally they did not send anything to me at all.

Would you please answer my e-mail.

• Travelgenio's response · Jul 26, 2017

Hi Daofu, of course we can help you with your name changes. Airlines have different policies for these changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking information and the changes you need to make and we will ask the air company if it is possible and if there is an extra fee. Regards

[Resolved] this company is a fraud. don't book with them

As a company like this can continue working?! It's a fraud, I bought a ticket for my dad back on his first trip out of the country, from Moscow to Havana, He was alone at the airport coming back and when he comes to check he is told he has no ticket, and I was charged the card, And they sent me confirmation and everything, as it is possible that later He had no ticket. How can you do things like this to people?! I hope to have my money back, and I will have it. But the bad time that make one happen and this fraud is inhuman. Do not make reservations with this company, hopefully do not go true all this like me and my family. They should close this company. Is the worst.

this company is a fraud. don't book with them

• Travelgenio's response · Jul 19, 2017

Hi Anabelita, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Ta
    TAMK10 Jan 18, 2019

Someone compromised my credit card and booked travel on Travelgenio. A coincidence? or they make it too easy to book online?

[Resolved] modification of a first name and customer care!

DO NOT USE!!!
Absolutely no help. We booked tickets 2 months ago and there was a mistake in one of the first name and we called 15 mins after booking to have this changed but it is still not changed!!
The flight companies have agreed that the change can be made but that Travelgenio needs to call them directly which they don't do.
My flight is tomorrow morning and nothing has been done yet. I might miss my flight because of them!!

• Travelgenio's response · Jul 13, 2017

Hi Alexia, of course we can help you with your name changes. Airlines have different policies for these changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking information and the changes you need to make and we will ask the air company if it is possible and if there is an extra fee. Regards

[Resolved] refund for cancelled qatar flight

I have been asking for a refund for over a month now calling nearly every day. I am put on hold for over 20 minutes at times and when the call is answered the person either cannot understand English or asks me to call back tomorrow as the booking is no longer open. I don't need excuses anymore. Emirates have refunded the money to travelgenio; travelgenio now need to refund the money back to me. If this is not resolved within the next week I will be opening a civil law dispute with a small claims court.

• Travelgenio's response · Jul 08, 2017

Hi, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• Au
    Aura Carp Oct 12, 2017

Hey, has this been resolved? Have you received your refund? I'm dealing with the same problem, sent them a lot of emails and called them but I still haven't received my refund. Just wanted to know if I'll ever get it back or it's just a lost case. Thanks Aura

[Resolved] flights updated information

Dear Customer service
Warm greeting!

Kindly advice the update for my flights. My BOOKING REFERENCE Z26WWY, My name is Yasmin Nasser. I booked through online a two way flight ticket from Qatar to Egypt but Incase if you don't know Qatar and Egypt stopped all the direct flights between them! which mean my flights has been cancelled or postponed, coz it's summer so it's high season and I would like to arrange for my options from now. Kindly advice the update for the flights and what's my options. I sent several emails to the customer service department with no answer!

hope to hear from someone. thanks for your assistance in advance.

• Travelgenio's response · Jul 03, 2017

Hi Yasmin, you will receive a reply by mail during next hours. Thanks for your help. Regards

[Resolved] where are my paid flights

Please respond asap. This needs immediate attention as our flight is suppose to be in about 18 hours. Money has been taken from my account of $1620.67 for flights to Almaty from Bangkok for 1 July at 10.30 am it hasnt given me a follow up info but the money has been removed from my account. Flights are for Kristine Florentino Rosaroso and Ezra Alexander Hocquard please respond ASAP.

where are my paid flights

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 30, 2017

Hi Kristine, of course we can help you with your booking confirmation. Please send a mail to [email protected] with your booking code and we will check the ticket status to send you all the information about it asap. Regards

[Resolved] connection flight

Hi my name is jordan clayton I have booked a return flight from mexico city to perth australia. My flights have been changed on my return with out me knowing and im schedualed to fly from mex city to la with aero mexico 730pm 29 th of june and arrives 930pm lax. My next flight after that is from lax to sydney at 10 42 pm with virgin airlines australia. Which only gives me 1 hour 10 minutes to go through customs collect my bag and check in my bag and go back through customs. This is impossible. I will need for my flight from mex city to la to be changed to an earlier time so I can catch my virgen flight to australia. My reservation code is 6G6ZT8

connection flight

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 28, 2017

Hi Jordan. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] call center stuff and payment system

I tried to book a ticket from your website on 08.06.2017 and your system showed me the please check card info and try again. I was just received my card and I thought maybe that's because your system gave error. After 2 days later when I active my card I book ticket via your website and this time its completed. But for return ticket system give error about card limit and I called your call center, call center guys told me they cant help and hang up my phone twice! But I called in 24 hours after I book the second ticket. They didnt inform me about 24 hours rule which is you can cancel the ticket in 24 hours for 30 euro! Right now I have 2 ticket. T6CW5W and MECG9I. I called agency in 24 hours and they just inform me about first ticket I thought didnt completed they should of inform me like ' its okay you have two ticket maybe we can not see this two ticket like double ticket because two ticket have a different departure but you called in 24 hours so you have a right to cancel second ticket for 30 euro'. They should inform me like that but they didnt please help me!

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 26, 2017

Hi Kamil. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] fraudulent business practice

Thank God I didn't actually book the flight... the sudden and unexplained markup at the final payment screen was unmistakeable. 30 extra euros on the fare for no explained reason (without including insurance and things I actually did want... the price was just, quite simply and dishonestly, higher than what I had agreed to thus far).
Sometimes the cheaper prices are just a ruse... Be a smart consumer and stay safe y'all!

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 26, 2017

Hi Cassandra, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] hidden cost

They charged $54 extra.
my total amount was $584, when I clicked on pay that amount became $641. How can they do that??
So tried to understand the game they are playing, they show you $584 ($54 special discount) and if you choose VISA (its $0 fee, no extra charge), then special discount go to 0, while processing your transaction it becomes $641 with no extra charge for VISA. So if you would have chosen mastero something card, then it was -$54 discount. How can they puzzle a customer like that. Just be straight forward man.
I STRONGLY ADVISE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE, WILL INFORM EVERYONE TO NEVER USE THIS SITE.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 22, 2017

Hi Jitesh Sharma, of course we can help you with your booking rembursement. Please note that repayment depends on the airlines and each of them have different administrative times. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking code and we will see your rembursement status and the approximately management it will take. Regards

[Resolved] payment method unavailable

Hello,
since last Friday June 16 I'm trying to buy a flight ticket from Milan to New York from 17/8/2017 to 28/8/2017 without success.

Apparently your system of payment, at the very last page where you have to insert your card's information, doesn't allow me to pay.

The error message reports (in synthesis): "Some information are not correct, check the data you have inserted".

I have tried with different cards, debit or even credit, in different days (last time today), from different browsers.

I would like to let you know this issue.

I hope in a quick answer (since prices are getting higher and higher every day).

Best regards,

Marco P.

RESOLVED

After few exchange of emails to find a suitable flight the company booked it for me and I concluded the payment on a separate page with my card.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 20, 2017

Hi Pez
    Of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] booking misconception

Hello,
I just wanted to bring to your attention that as I arrived at the airport today and checked in, I was denied my flight. Upon calling (and getting disconnected and then eventually being connected to an employee who's english was impeding what I was trying to convey) I learned that I apparently never "paid" for the flight. I want to fully acknowledge that I did not indeed pay for the flight, but it was due to a highly misleading "confirmation email" that I had received from travelgenio.
In all of my flight booking experience, when I receive an email such as this which clearly stated my full information, the price of the ticket, itinerary, my credit card information that I did give (thinking the site was obviously booking at that point)... then I have always just had to go to the airport, check in, and be on my way. The fact that this email did not tell me at all that there was an additional step to book, but rather put my mind to ease that I had taken care of everything, frankly is frustrating. After speaking to your employees, they sent me this email:
"We are sorry to inform you that your payment was not confirm, as a result your booking has been cancelled. As we inform you before we send you a email on April 14th inform you make the payment by a secure link but we never received the payment."
I just want to bring to your attention that there is not a secure link within that email, nor is there any talk of me needing to still pay. I have the email saved if you would like it in the future.
Unfortunately though I explained this situation respectfully I was not received well by customer service. The first person was very apathetic towards the situation entirely and the next simply did not understand me. It seems as though this issue is going to go unresolved, but I figured I'll still write this just incase.in an ideal world, for the simple fact of the "confirmation email" causing the customer to make a very (in my opinion, that is) honest mistake due to a system flaw, I would ask for compensation for the €500 flight I was forced to pay last minute. Again, due to the lack of customer service that received me earlier I understand it probably won't happen, but I just wished to try, and can forward you all of the emails I have received over the course of this ordeal. Thank you for your time.
Anthony Spears
Booking Code 7409679

booking misconception
booking misconception

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 19, 2017

Hi Anthony. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] booking #slpfqe - baggage

We booked a flight on booking number SLPFQE for two passengers and paid additional $62 for the service pack to include 23kg checked in luggage per passenger. On our confirmation email it confirmed that we did purchase the service pack however this has not been provided to KLM airlines nd therefore they will not honour the additional baggage that we paid for through your agency. We have now had to pay KLM directly to purchase additional baggage due to your agency not processing the booking correctly. We request that the amount of $62AUD be refunded back onto the card that we used to make the payment. Please contact me via email on [protected]@gmail.com

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 18, 2017

Hi Marie. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] I booked 2 return flights from exeter to heathrow for sat 10th june 2017. the flights didn't exist and were apparently a train ticket.

The flight booking code was WVZ8DG The airline code was 9B/WVZ8DG

E tickets 450-[protected] and 450-[protected]

We booked to fly from Exeter Air port to London Heathrow.
The flight out was to be at 5.15 am

When we got to the airport and tried to get our boarding passes we could not get any and on investigation we were told that the flight doesn't exist and never could exist. But there was no indication that there wasn't a flight. The staff at the airport said that they had seen this before and said it was a rail ticket.

we were forced to purchase two air tickets to go to London and landed in the London city airport which then involved a taxi ride to get to our destination.

We managed to also get a train back to Exeter city, but then had to find our own way back to the airport to collect our car.

Our travel cost us an extra £200 plus taxis.

I would like a refund on our tickets as they were totally miss sold to us as flights. I entered the details several times before I booked to be sure it was the right information, location and destination. I would also like like an apology and for them to clarify everything on the web site.

When I looked for a customer services phone number, the site said that the line was only open during office hours and this was 4 am on the Saturday.
this is the link to my confirmation page. Everywhere clearly states that it is flights!

I hope you can help us.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 15, 2017

Hi Nikisolomon. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] flight booking

Dear travelgenio,

I wrote to lot airlines

"dear lot airlines
I have booked flight no lot 784
Rix to waw jun 28, 2:05 pm
Lot 415
Waw to gva jun 28, 4:40 pm
Through travelgenio website, however I have not received any e ticket (Pdf). I have not received any 13 digit ticket number either.

Please send me a ticket number and a e ticket.

Code de réservation 7756364
Numéro de réservation : sj3wqf

Regards,
Udita gaurav"

And they replied

"dear ms. Gaurav,

Thank you for your message.

Please contact with the travel agency that issued your ticket because it’s not visible in our system.

We kindly ask you to keep all previous messages. Maintaining correspondence history will help us accelerate our processing of your case.

Best regards,

Aleksandra brozio
Customer communication consultant
Lot polish airlines s. A."

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 13, 2017

Hi Udita. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] no response to special service - bicycle as luggage

I bought a flight ticket from manchester to trondheim in March 2017. The flight detail is booking no 6KND6O manchester to Wideroe on 9/6/17. I have booked for special service for this, and paid 16 euros - to have my bicycle sent over in a box.

This was not shown in my ticket, and I now have to pay extra for my bicycle to be transported across.

As the charges for transporting the bicycle now is even higher than what I initially paid for, I wish to have the initial purchase of the service refunded along with my subsequent payment to the airlines for my extra baggage.

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 09, 2017

Hi Yin. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

[Resolved] "special services"

Contact #1030049, booking reference PNDTXA
In late 2016 I booked two flights with Travelgenio from Madrid to seville on the 3rd June 2017 (today). The booking gateway way unclear and I was attempting to add checked luggage to my booking. I mistakenly used the "special luggage" option - which as I said, in my mind was the option to simply add luggage. As there was two of us travelling, I paid an extra $62 AUD total for two of this so called "special luggage" services. Anyways, a few weeks later I get an email from from a Travelgenio agent asking me if me and my travel companion needed anything and also advising me that at that point I did not have any luggage allowance. I explained that I misunderstood and that I had no special luggage requirements at all, and that I simply needed to add checked luggage and so did my travel companion. They then attempted to charge me another $30 EUR for checked luggage and $14 EUR for "early seat"selection. Needless to say I was upset because as I said, I didn't really understand why then had I paid $62 AUD for? I called several agents, emailed several times to try to work this out and each and every time all I got was generic, rude, unhelpful responses and refusal to refund the $62 AUD for special services that I did not need or use. To top it up, not only did they try to ask me for my credit card details VIA EMAIL (seriously?), they never contacted my travel companion to offer this so called "special luggage service" at all. They tried to do it all through me. So again I would like to ask, what did I pay an extra $62 AUD for? At this stage it seems I paid for a lousy email asking me if I needed any assistance, rudeness, unprofessional conduct and absolutely horrendous customer service.
I think this is pretty unfair. In the end, I called the airline directly myself and added checked luggage. I want my $62 AUD back!!!

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 03, 2017

• Travelgenio's response · Jun 04, 2017

Hello. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours.
    Thank you for your collaboration.

Christopher D. Botha Apr 23, 2019

Travelgenio still has this useless special services, not happy at all being charged for a services which adds no convenience to the customer. If your Travelgenio flight is with a reputable airline these services add no value.

[Resolved] cancelling because of a cyclone

Booking reference 959SCU. We had booked a flight to and from Hayman Island for our wedding in May. Cyclone Debbie hit the island several weeks ago and the island is officially closed till next year. We have had to cancel all our plans and having more stress because Travelgenio won't respond to my emails to credit flight. Virgin Aust, would like to talk to your regarding this, so a full credit can be issued. Please sort this out for us. We have had a stressful enough time having to cancel our wedding at this stage.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 13, 2017

Hello Victoria;
    Best Regards.

[Resolved] service & product

Just got off the phone with a Joseph from Travelgenia.
This is an official complaint. The purpose for my call was to change a date from April 9th to May 10th as my travel plans had changed. Flight departure was approx. 1700hrs.
Phone on the April 8 before the cut off time of 24hrs.
1) Phone service took approximately 30mns waiting time
2) Joseph answered the phone, at first was polite, went thru process was fine.
3)Requested to change dates, advised to hold. Advised change of dates would be more then original ticket price $495
4) Req. To check of any cheaper prices, advise earlier date change will be approx $130 Est and what ever else was was dif in price. Joseph replied, will check policy.
5) interim, was am checking prices in sky scanner. They were alot cheaper.
6) then Joseph got back on the phone after 45mn wait, advised, du to policy. 24hrs now unable to change ticket.
7) became frustrated, and disappointed as we were both finding a solution, and then he refused to assist me anymore.
8) asked to speak to manager, advised No.
9) this company is disrespectful and after spending alot of money with them. They refused to assist me.
10)I was also hoping to add on 3 more flights however due to there actions and of Joseph from customer service team. They have truly let down ty ere reputation.
Disrespectful and lack of communication skills.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 09, 2017

Hi ziiz, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

[Resolved] flights got changed and travelgenio doesn't assist me

I bought the tickets the 16/03. they said a price at the beginning and at the moment of the payment the price increased (more than 80 euros) but I got them because I really needed them. after not even a week I got an e-mail saying that my flights were changed into some illogical times and days. had already to change two flights to reach my destination but once they changed it I had my second flight before my first one (03/08 addisabeba and 04/08 milan - I stay initaly)! how could it be??? how could I reach ethiopia if i'm in italy?! I tried to contact them for three weeks and they are just ignoring me. i'm still waiting for them to get back to me and help me. i'll never use travelgenio again.

• Travelgenio's response · Apr 06, 2017

Hi Eva, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices