Having problems with Travelgenio?

+34 911 160 765 (Spain & International)
+1 646 568 7507 (United States)
+44 870 099 0971 (United Kingdom)
+61 388 205 378 (Australia)
+64 99 853 516 (New Zealand)
+32 70 354 719 (Belgium)
+45 78 791 031 (Denmark)
+358 20 020 302 (Finland)
+31 208 082 817 (Netherlands)
+351 707 501 997 (Portugal)
+41 315 280 581 (Switzerland)
+65 31 581 467 (Singapore)
+54 115 984 2113 (Argentina)
c/Albasanz, 15, 2º Izq
Madrid
Spain - 28037

Complaints & Reviews

I paid my flight but the airline was never paid by travelgenio so now my flughts have been canceled

I have been trying for 8 hours to resolve this issue. I called the airline to add excess baggage to my flights which are in 3 days. They informed me I had no ticket as Travelgenio had not paid them. I was offered a refund by Travelgenio to which I said no I just wanted the flights. After such a long process of back and forth from which the airline called Travelgenio directly, they said they were no longer offering a refund and I have to wait for their response. I want to cancel and I will book the same flights myself, as the staff at Travelgenio are extremely unhelpful and were rude to both myself and my mother. The airline can also not guaruntee the flighst will still be available by the time I get a response and I do not wish to risk this as I have already booked domestic flights to get to Athens airport. I just want a refund so that I can ensure I actually get on the plane, seeing as it was the fault of Travelgenio that I do not have a confirmed ticket. I paid for the flights almost a week ago and assumed them to be confirmed, as per my confirmation email, however this was a lie.

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 11, 2018

Hi Eloise238, of course we can help you with the booking cancellation. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and telling us if you want to cancel all the booking or just a part and we will inform you about the rate conditions for your request. Regards

• Updated by Eloise238 · Oct 11, 2018

I already have emailed 3 times, and another email address, and 3 phone calls and 5 hours of calls to the airline. The airline called you directly on my behalf. I just want the flights I paid for!!!

andy chen Oct 18, 2018

Hi

Which email address did you get hold of Travelgenio?

I cannot get hold of them at all!

• El
    Eloise238 Oct 18, 2018

@andy chen None. I used the one supplied in the comments and [email protected] and no reply from either. Good luck, you will need it. The airline called for me and they had to speak to a travelgenio representative for an hour without any result!!

klynm Oct 24, 2018

@andy chen Hi Andy Chen, did you have any success with TravelGenio? We are having issues with them as well and I would loke feedback from as many people as I can.

klynm Oct 24, 2018

Hi Eloise238, Did you ever have any success with your issue with TravelGenio? We are in a similar situation and I would like feedback from as many people as I can.

travelgenio changed of my flight

Hi

I have tried to contact Travelgenio through all kind of channels, but not getting any feedback.

I received an mail regarding telling me that my flight has been changed the day after i finalize my booking, and asking me to pay extra 60 Euros.

The thing is, I cannot make this new proposed flight as i am flying to Japan from Taiwan at 5:30 am on 24 Dec2018.

Where the new proposed flight will only land on the 24th dec 2018 at 12pm.

I have already sent an email to customer.[protected]@travelgenio.com

But did not get a response.

Please assist.

• Travelgenio's response · Oct 05, 2018

Andy, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

• Updated by andy chen · Oct 18, 2018

I have sent email to that email address, but not getting any replies...

klynm Oct 24, 2018

Hi Andy, please let me know if you had any success with TravelGenio. There seems to be a common thread with this company and I think we need to get as many people as we can to find out how to tackle this situation.

• Ed
    edwardzj Dec 10, 2018

I also have issue about flight change. The terms about flexible ticket is somehow strange. I booked one round ticket, and used the first way from DUS to PEK.While when I tried to change the return flight on different date but same airplane and same flight code, I was told by Travelgenio that it can not succeed, since all flexible option must be changed before the first flíght! It is totally unreasonable.

[Resolved] paid a ticket and could not board

I booked a flight through the worst travel agency in history, Travelgenio. Paid a 500 euro ticket to go from Madrid to Boston. The airline did not let me get on the plane because they agency had the reservation but the ticket was never issued. Then travelgenio said they did everything correctly and never issued the return of the money. I had to pay an extra 700 to get to my final destination due to their incompetence. I filed a lawsuit against them. Never use this travel agency.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 22, 2018

Hi Yago, of course we can help you with your booking doubts. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking code and we will tell you the booking status. Regards

klynm Oct 24, 2018

Hi Yago, could you please tell me if you had any success with TravelGenio and your issue? We are also having problems and would like responses from as many people as we can.

[Resolved] purchased ticket and airline cancelled flight and no airline will refund it as travelgenio is the 'agent'.

travelgenio is a scam...no one answers the phone. And if they do it drops out after 20 seconds. you cannot send a message through their website as it does not upload.
I bought a ticket online from Santo, Vanuatu to Brisbane, Australia return.
Due to volcanic action the flight was cancelled and we had to buy a Virgin ticket to get home.
I tried to rebook my purchased ticket to travel with Air Vanuatu another time but no one will touch it as travelgenio is the agent and only they can change it. No one answers the phone...there is no customer service. there is no avenue to get refund or rebook a $780 ticket...
The airlines should not accept them as an agent and they should be banned in Australia

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 18, 2018

Hi Amanda, of course we can help you with your booking rembursement. Please note that repayment depends on the airlines and each of them have different administrative times. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking code and we will see your rembursement status and the approximately management it will take. Regards

[Resolved] unlawful credit card debit

while checking my credit card details found a debit to travelgen for $3600 on 15/09/18 of which i have no idea what it is for.
i have contacted their Australian number and have been told they will investigate.
They said it was to do with a flight. Well if so i have not received any information of that flight

reading customer reviews does not give me confidence. I have had to cancel my credit card and will not contact my bank to investigate as fraud.

I have been browsing sites to arrange flights through easy jet and Ryanair but have not booked anything through travelgen

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 16, 2018

Hi John, of course we can help you. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

Hi John,
    As with the majority of TravelGenio RESOLVED responses the comment is "Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned." Did you have any success with TravelGenio as we are also having issues and would like to know how many other people this problem.

• Ta
    Tanaya Laing Dec 15, 2019

they took money out my account and I haven't booked any flights and I dont know why this doesn't make any sense so I have to get new card and a hold on my account, thanks to this problem with this company, fraud

[Resolved] flights

My partner and I just booked a flight an hour ago for the first and last time ever with travelgenio. Throughout the booking process one price was shown, we accepted the payment and once the credit card went through the price was 95 EUR higher! My card was charged a higher amount than what I accepted. This is FRAUD!!! I called the service center and after being on hold for 20 minutes and after 40 minutes on the phone the customer service rep kept saying that according to her system, I accepted the higher charge? Needless to say I do not recommend this company to anyone.

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 14, 2018

Hi unicorncow, of course we can help you with the payment doubts. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your booking details and the amounts that do not fit and we will check immediately all the details. Regards

flight booking

Hello,

I have sent the message below to your Facebook messenger service & was directed to send an email to your customer service email, which I did straight away. After calling & sending three messages, the matter still hasn't been resolved. Can somebody contact me immediately to fix this please.

I need to speak to somebody urgently re my booking ZDDR8K. Although I put spaces between my first, middle & last names when I booked, this hasn't been transferred to Emirates. My name (as on my passport) should be Ashlee Paige Ward. The name you gave Emirates is Ashleepaige, which is incorrect & not how it shows on my passport, & therefore they'd refuse me to fly. Can this be fixed immediately please as I'm due to fly in a couple of days. Also, can someone call me to confirm it's been done? My number is +44 [protected].
Ashlee.

[Resolved] payment not received

1. On Saturday the 8th of September I booked a flight on Travelgenio.
Immediately I received a RESERVATION CONFIRMATION WITH THE FLGHT DETAILS.
2. I paid with Ideal, I checked my bank account and I Saw that the payment had been done to Worldpay Limited at 11.33. on the 8th of September.
I called my bank, they traced the payment and indeed the bankaccount received the money, it was on their account.
That was easy to check, since my account is with the same Bank in Holland.
3. I did not receive the tickets or the second email.
4. I received 3 times an email that there was a problem with the payment and that they didn't receive the money. With a link to pay again. I did not do this, since I already paid!
5. I called the customer service several times, and they told me to send an email to [protected]@travelgenio.com, with the payment proof. Or book and pay again !
6. I did send them several emails with the proof of the payment.
7. I received emails that the booking had been cancelled, because I did not pay.
8. I called again and they said that an IDEAL payment takes time, don't worry you will get the tickets. They promised to cancel the cancellation.
9. Once again I receive an email, from you, saying::
" Thank you for contacting Travelgenio.
We would like to inform you that your booking has been cancelled due to payment issues.
If you wish to make a new booking you can visit our website.--
10. WHAT CAN I DO NOW? I PAYED! THE BANK TELLS ME I DID AND TRVELGENIO/ worldpay limited HAS THE MONEY.
11. DID they STEAL MY MONEY? PLEASE CONFIRM ME THIS IS NOT HAPPENING. Please tell me they are not frauds….
12. The bank told me that an IDEAL payment can never be undone...European rules. So they cannot do anything for me!

WHAT CAN I DO?????

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 10, 2018

Hi Albertina, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] very bad services

The customer service is very impatient and rude, I booked it from Skyscanner and never be so regret that I should search for the reviews of this company first. I called them to cancel my flight, she was totally rude and hung up the phone after cancelling my flight, while I wanted to make sure how much the fine will be. I advise you guys don't buy the tickets from it just because it is cheaper, you will have to call their office in Spain, wait for thousands of years to be answered(or maybe not answered), and then piss off at their attitude ;)))))

• Travelgenio's response · Sep 10, 2018

Hi Janeyen123, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] cancellation and refund

You were made mistake during cancel my friend's ticket.

We had 8 flight tickets.
1. Seoul to Shanghai(for transfer) X 2 people
2. Shanghai to Vancouver X 2 People
3. Vancouver to Shanghai X 2 People
4. Shanghai to Seoul X 4 people

Person A
- Have 4 ticket for trip(Seoul to Shanghai/Shanghai to Vancouver and return ticket as well)
- Now Person A was canceled for Shanghai to Vancouver and Vancouver to Shanghai Ticket.

Person B
- Wanted to cancel booking.
- Now Person B was canceled half of the whole tickets.
- B's Ticket still alive on AirCanada system instead of A.

Travelgenio just tells there is A's ticket.
But AirCanada tells no ticket(Seat) for A on their system.

Who is a liar?

I'm not taking Travelgenio Airline, I will take AirCanada Airline.
Travelgenio Just claims they are not wrong.

But I checked 5 times through AirCanada.
AirCanada checked it with B's booking code.

I called travelgenio's customer service center, they never listen to me.
And I asked their FB > Travelgenio blocked me.
I send several e-mails. > ignore.

You should check my booking statement on AirCanada.
I don't have any booking on AirCanada booking system.

It means I CANT TAKE AIRCANADA AIRCRAFT.
I CANT GO TO VANCOUVER.

RESOLVED

[Resolved] changing flights - this is a nightmare

Yesterday I called this company to change my flight and the person who I was speaking to said I cannot make any change yet since I do not have the itinerary that was modified by the airlines. She said she is going to have the department send the email in a few hours so that I can have the itinerary and make a change by calling them again. Since then I got no email whatsoever.

I have been trying to call them yesterday all day. Although the answering machine said I only have to wait for 30 secs to 3-4 mins but it continues to hang up on me. Then I luckily got a hold of somebody and I just asked to send the newly updated itinerary and what she did was just basically to go through the whole process like the first staff did and put me on hold for another 15mins or so and hung up on me.

I was desperate since I only have so many days and according to a company policy they cannot make any change if the change is not made 3 days before the flying date. I kept on calling in the morning and I finally got a hold of somebody again after 10th trying and she said she asked the department to send my ticket and it will be send in about 1-2hrs. Foolishly enough I believed them and nothing happened, until now. I called them again and my husband did too. This time my husband wanted to get the name of the person(Nicole) and wanted to talk to a supervisor and Nicole just hung up on him.

This company is a joke. Finally I got a hold of other guy and he said that the department that sends the itinerary doesn't work on weekend so I just need to wait till Monday. So dumb. Don't know why other staffs didn't let me know from the beginning and I cannot even believe this time if this guy is telling me the truth or not. It does not even matter cuz I made the same request yesterday on Friday.

• Updated by Yeonsoon Micheli · Aug 25, 2018

FYI I just found out that this minor modification was made from Alaska airlines and it was made on 11th of July and the ticket is already issued on that day. I do not understand why this company did not send the updated itinerary earlier knowing that the passenger(my mom) is supposed to fly out this Friday.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 26, 2018

Hi Micheli, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to [email protected] and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards

[Resolved] still awaiting refund

On June 8th, 2018 I purchased a round trip flight from Pittsburgh, PA (USA) to Luxembourg (LUX) for my father. I ordered this flight with premium insurance in the event that my father would not be able to travel. My father was not able to travel and I cancelled the flight on July 22nd, 2018 without confirmation and then I cancelled the flight July 24th, 2018. I received a confirmation email from Travel Genio on July 26th, 2018 indicating that the cancellation of the flight has been confirmed and that I would receive my refund when it is authorized by the airline. It is advertised on your website that this would take around 2 weeks but I have been waiting for nearly a month and still have not received my reimbursement.

I have called numerous times to the Spain and USA phone numbers to be able to speak to a customer service representative and have been waiting for nearly 30 minutes on hold before the line cuts off. I am calling on Skype so I have been paying to be put on hold without any representative picking up the line. Normally I am told that the wait should last under 5 minutes before I am put on hold but I have yet to speak to anyone regarding this claim.

I fully expect to be reimbursed the payment for this flight. I have tried to stay as professional as possible under these circumstances but there will be consequences if I continue to be ignored.

The contact number for my complaint is 1890243.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 23, 2018

Matt.HH Aug 26, 2018

You absolutely must get the authorities involved here. Lodge a fraud dispute with your bank. Call the police and any consumer protection agency. Report this criminal fraudulent business to the FBI. You will not get refunded directly by Travelgenio. You will only be put through great stress. They are using your money to stay afloat. The owner of this business needs to be arrested for theft ..

[Resolved] double charge

RESEND 2ND TIMES!

My daughter Booked return ticket from hamburg to Jakarta by online. She used my credit card BNI signature.

Then I received notification 2 times from Emirates Air and from Travel Genio and they debited my card by euro 791.36 ( Travelgenio ) and euro 798.76 ( emirates air ) for 1 passenger and 1 ticket only!

My daughter call Emirates and they cant refund ( its okay for me because emirates already issue eticket for my daughter )

But TRAVELGENIO also refused to refund ( WHY??? You even didnt issue ticket for my daughter / and its impossible to isuue double ticket for same passenger same flight same destination same time of flight...)

It is happened June 26th 2018.

Buchungscode Travelgenio: [protected]

13:45H
Reisedauer 18H 05m
Emirates (EK359)
Zwischenlandung in Dubai, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate . Umsteigen notwendig

Please response AND refund to my BNI Signature CARD [protected] xxxx )

I paid already your double charge to my BNI Card and until now u didnt show any response

I saw many complaint about your company!!!

Thanks.
HENRICO

( henrico.[protected]@gmail.com)

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 23, 2018

[Resolved] flight bookings

I booked flights from amman to london. The next day i was emailed to say the flights were unavailable and alternative ones were offered but my booking would be cancelled if i didnt reply. I replied more than once however was emailed to be told my booking was cancelled. On the phone they reported i could still use my booking but now the flight available would include a 12 hour stopover. (Better flight times were still showing on skyscanner but they denied this). They would not allow me to change my flights to a day earlier to avoid this long wait.
I was sent a confirmed itinerary however the airline said my flights had not been paid for despite travelgenio having taken the money from my account. Travelgenio had put the incorrect name, not included date of birth and put the incorrect nationality in the information given to airline.
I had to send multiple emails and make 4 separate phone calls and i am still unsure my booking will be accepted at the airport on Saturday where the only other option would be a flight coming up at over £1000 which i cant afford. My choice would be to fly a day earlier and avoid a long stopover.
Skyscanner has never been a problem for me before, i do not think you should offer flights through this company as they havewasted my time, caused a lot of stress especially as i am travelling alone, and they have cost me more money.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 22, 2018

Hi Rachel, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

[Resolved] flight changing

Dear concern, I have booked a flight from TPE to LHR of Emirates at 21/9/2018, I wanted to change the date to 11/9/2018, I tried to call your office in Spain but no one answered! I also wrote you emails but didn't get any replies! It is annoying because I can't find a way to change my ticket at all.
If it really is the way your company deals with customers' problems, it disappointed me and I will never book flights from you again.
Please contact my email if you see my message and arrange to change my flight.
Thanks.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 22, 2018

Hi Irene, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

[Resolved] luggage

Hi,
we have recently returned from a trip to Santorini Greece, were both times on our departure flight from Dublin to Santorini and our return flight we had to pay 60 euro for our 1 bag of luggage thats 120 euro.
when booking through skyscanner [emails from yourselves] we had already booked on and paid for our 1 bag.
we are now looking for our refund re:this matter.
if you could let me know the details via email [[protected]@hotmail.com] of how to claim this all back asap that would be great.
kind regards,
Jennifer Allen.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 16, 2018

Hi Jenny. You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.

Matt.HH Aug 17, 2018

Jenny I strongly suggest you contact your bank and let them deal with Travelgenio. You will put yourself through the ringer trying to get anywhere with them directly.

[Resolved] refund of service pack for adding checked baggage in hold

Dear concern.
I bought ticket from OPO to MAD, air Europa.
When i booked ticket, i paid additional charge of KRW25, 802 for the service pack to include 23kg checked baggage in hold.
My confirmation email shows it confirmed additional charge so that i purchased 23kg checked baggage in hold.
however, on Air Europa website, my ticket is not provided it so that I directly bought the additional baggage by my self .
for this point, i sent several emails, but their reply is not make sense and definitely useless.
Even i paid additional charge, i can NOT upgrade my seat, get meal or cancel, change the flgiht schedule for free.
Also, their provided charge to add 23kg checked baggage is same as do directly via airline website, EUR 30. Then, why should i pay more?
I requested to refund the amount of KRW25, 802 .
my booking no. i s :C0SXHS

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 14, 2018

[Resolved] customer service

To whom this may concern,
I booked a flight through travelgenio. I have continuously been trying to contact the company to change the dates for the flights. I had contacted qantas who said this would not be an issue but Travelgenio would have to change it for me.
Each time I call Travelgenio I am on hold for approximately 16 minutes, then a recorded voice asks how I rate the service between 0-9 or somesone hangs up on me.
I haven't received any custimer service.
When booking the flight the price was $468 once I had confirmed my payment details I was charged $492. I'm not sure how a company can operate with such poor quality service.
I would like to cancel my flights with Travelgenio and the money to be returned.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 13, 2018

Hi Melzy134, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

Matt.HH Aug 14, 2018

The best thing you can do is immediately lodge a dispute with your bank if you believe they have ripped you off... which it sounds as though they have. It's what they do best. Don't even attempt to get Travelgenio to refund you directly, they will lie and deny until you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Trust me.

Matt.HH Aug 14, 2018

Lodge a complaint on https://www.productreview.com.au/p/travelgenio.html

If you booked through Skyscanner let them know you aren't happy that they redirected you too this useless mob.

[Resolved] change flight

I am very tired of keeping calling travelgenio! I read in the internet that this company is very bad and indeed it is ! I bought a ticket and i need to change it but impossible to contact by phone/ email their custom service. I would like to ask if it's possible to change a ticket for another date and how much does it cost. The flight is cataypacific CX505 (Narita/Amsterdam 21 august)and CX270(Amsterdam Narita 6 September) . Please help me

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 12, 2018

Hi Cyntia, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

[Resolved] travelgenio fraudulent company. do not buy ticket

I bought a ticket from Travelgenio website with the reference of skyscanner and I think it is a fraudulent company and I must warn everybody for this company.
After I got my reservation, they blocked my money they did not send me my e-ticket. When I contacted them they refused that they got the money. However, my bank stated that the payment reached the company and the money seems on provision because of the company's responsibility. Thus, I sent my bank receipt which proves the payment, but there is no answer even though I provided detailed information to get my tickets before my flight. I am waiting for a refund or send my e-ticket but they do not answer me even though there is limited time for the flight. After I got this trouble, I read many complaints about travelgenio company. Therefore, I think that this company is making this kind of unethical behaviour intentionally or they have no capacity and responsibility to continue their business life. Skyscanner must stop working with this company because of so many complaints or must take the responsibility of showing this website to buy flight tickets.

• Travelgenio's response · Aug 11, 2018

Hi onrirmk, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to [email protected] with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

Matt.HH Aug 11, 2018

Like you I can't believe Skyscanner continue to redirect customers to these thieving scammers Travelgenio. Get on Skyscanners facebook page and make a comment on one of Skyscanners posts. Pressure needs to be put on Skyscanner and it will help to shut this criminal business down. And if they have robbed your money lodge a dispute with your bank. It will be the only way to get it back. Travelgenio have probably already used it to pay off the organisation in Spain who issue travel agent licenses.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices