Toyota Carscan not get money back

To Whom It May Concern;

My name is Denny West and I live in Williamsburg Va. On 4/16/2011 I purchased a 2011 Scion TC from Casey Toyota, our local Toyota dealer. I put down a large amount of money, both in cash and trade in value. When starting the paper work with the finance manager Ernie Livesay, I was told that the amount of my loan was only a couple of thousand dollars and it would be hard to find a bank to finance it. So he added on an extended service contract from Toyota Insurance in the amount of $712.38. I told him I did not want it and he stated that he will only keep it in-force a month to get the loan and then he would cancel it, and the whole amount will then be credited to my loan..I thought at the time that something sounded not quite right about what he was doing, Again he guaranteed me that it will only be on be loan papers until the bank finances it.

I only drove the Scion a couple of months and it only had under 500 miles on it when I sold it. I then went to Casey Toyota to tell Ernie Livesay that the car has been sold and I wanted my money back on the Toyota Extended Service Contract. After many calls both answered and not answered, all I got was excuses, different reasons why it is taking so long etc. Again after many non returned calls, and trips to see them, I finally got Ernie Livesay to call Toyota to find out what was going on. When Ernie Livesay called directly to Toyota Insurance about it, I ask many times what was the amount on the check. At the end of the call I again asked, what was the amount the check and he finally said it was $695.00. When I did finally get a check it was in the amount of $612.38, exactly $100 short of what it should be. Again I called him and he said he will check into it but it was the fault of Toyota Insurance not his. He said maybe it is a charge to close the account, he was not sure. I believe it is more like his commission on the deal and he wants to keep it?

I buy a car a year for the last ten years and for the life of me I can not explain why they would want to loose my business. With the economy so bad now I can only think it is greed. I f this is how Toyota does business and takes care of its customers, then I will be happy to spread the word about these dealings and see what everyone thinks of it. I even think there may be some unethical if not unlawful ways they are doing business. I work for a large Corp. and have many avenues of spreading the word, please look into this matter and stop Casey from ripping off anymore customers.

Denny West
[protected]

• keithluca Sep 10, 2013

These Toyota Insurance or Gap coverage are a scam nationwide!!! I had a new car that was totaled and they said there was no gap!! if they really looked the gap was 1, 282.00...it sucks that such a good product is turned in to a breeding ground for insurance scammers!! had a 2013 Toyota now I have a 2013 Dodge and do not recommend Toyota or its affiliates!!

• Si
    Sibiramn Apr 21, 2010

We are looking for a new car and are considering buying a Toyota. We have never owned one before. Does anyone out there have any good reviews or have any complaints about owning a Toyota and their customer service reputation.

We have owned Hondas and Mazdas and have had good customer service with them. Is toyota any better then them.