Menu

complaints

Toyota Complaints Summary

292 Resolved
920 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Toyota with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Toyota has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Toyota. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Toyota complaints 1212

Sort by:

Newest Toyota complaints

A
7:03 pm EDT

Toyota Luggage compartment

September 29 2022 I purchased a 2021 Toyota Tacoma off road 4x4 that was missing the luggage compartment that goes behind back seat. I paid $958 dollars for this and was told it was ordered but now April 4 2023 and after many attempts to get help from John Elway’s crown Toyota I get nothing no call back no text no emails nothing. I’m asking if someone can please help me with this issue.

Desired outcome: Luggage compartment or credit in some other way.

G
4:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota rear left passenger door handle (safety)

I was driving my 2019 Rav4 and all of a sudden I heard a loud bang and I thought one of the tires blew. I bought that brand new and I don't want something happen like that again and hit someone on the road. I pulled over on the freeway and checked all the tires and they were all good. But found one of my rear left passenger side door hand was missing. Looks like that big bang (sounded like pressurized) handle went flying somewhere on the freeway. Also left a tiny dent when it blew off. Called the dealer they said warranty was over so we will have to buy one. Its safety. I wonder if any others will be flying off like that. Need help please. I have pictures but cannot upload here. My e-mail is [protected]@aol.com. Please help me fix my car.

Desired outcome: I was hoping if the dealer can pay for the part since its one of the safety issue and it was mechanical issues of parts coming out like that without any reasons

T
12:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Not refunding me the amount i paid for booking a car

Hi,

1.5 months I booked a car Toyota Northwest Edmonton, my representative was a girl named Dalia. I paid 500$ on Feb 6 to Northwest Edmonton Toyota and then I dropped my plan because of personal issues. Then I asked them for a refund, it’s been 1 month now I didn’t get my fund yet. I tried to call them but their response is really bad. They’re not taking any initiative to refund my amount. I felt responsible bad regarding this. That’s the reason why i am filing a complaint. Please do the needful to refund my money back. When I booked the car they mentioned me regarding the full refund. I need my money back. Please do the needful to get my money back.

Desired outcome: 500

N
3:04 pm EDT

Toyota No interest loan

I purchased a new 2018 camry at the advertised 0% interest rate.

I now find I was deceived and paid appox two hundred dollars interest of a zero interest loan.

I am requesting a refund of the interest charged on the no interest loan.

Please do not refer me to the dealer I have had no satisfaction with them.

The dealer is Penn Toyota

My name is Noel Vaughan and my email is [protected]@gmail com.

Desired outcome: Refund of the interest charged on the no interest loan.

V
9:35 am EST

Toyota 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE. Back passenger doors allowing dirt/dust to enter vehiclend

Purchased 2022 Toyota Highlander XLE in July 2022. Waited 3 months for it to arrive. Since purchase of vehicle, rear passenger doors are allowing dirt and dust to enter and collect on rear floors and seats. We took it to the dealership in Marianna, Fl on 3/7/23 for scheduled maintenance and made the complaint to the service manager. Photos were taken and he instructed us to contact Toyota to initiate plans for correction. There is an area 6-8 inches on each door that is allowing dirt and dust to enter. Vin # 5TDGZRAH1NS554150. The dealership is Marianna Toyota in Marianna, FL. Please respond in a timely matter.

Glenn & Virginia Whittaker

Desired outcome: Correction to prevent dirt/dust from entering rear seat areas of vehicle.

B
9:53 am EST

Toyota Air Condition

I bought my toyota Camry SE Grande 3.6 at the end of 2018 and it has been very well maintained and all the maintenance is done in Toyota service centers in Dubai..yesterday I felt the AC is not working well so I took it to the Toyota service center in dubai and they told me there is a part called serve motor that needs changing and it costs 3000aed (around 700 Euro) which is extremely expensive part for me ..also the car wasn't used regularly especially during the covid 19 due to the lock down..is it common to be change parts in Toyota cars in this very short time ?

Really I need your support for this issue,by waiving this cost from me as it’s a manufacturer defect.

Thanking you in anticipation of your kind understanding and response.

Regards

Bassem Ayman

S
10:02 am EST

Toyota Used car purchase

I purchased a 2013 ford escape from local Toyota dealership. 46, unfortunately 16 days past the 30 day cutoff for returns, the transmission went out. I was using all my insurance money from a wrecked Toyota I purchased previously & did not have enough for warranty. I have talked to numerous people but they say nothing they can do. Therefore I have no trade in to try to finance another vehicle. The car sits in my driveway, a daily reminder of why I have to walk. Quoted $5978.15 to repair.

Read full review of Toyota and 1 comment
1 comment
Jeff page
, US
Mar 29, 2023 9:40 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please never buy a ford new or used !

H
1:37 pm EST

Toyota Toyota highlander 2020

I was a loyal customer for Toyota at least for the last 10 years owned several cars and was advocating for its reliability

my last car was a highlander 2020 few weeks ago i woke up to find that my car got stolen from my drive way looking at the video footage from my security camera to discover that they took 2 min to open the car with alarm not going off, starting it and leaving my drive way,

there is a big scandal that Toyota is part of this which i don't believe

this put me and my family under a lot of stress as it finding that our car which we feel as part of our home is not secured at all as promised by Toyota, as well that, the current shortage of cars in the market and putting us under financial stress to get a more expensive car with a higher interest rate due to the current market forces

if you want to reach out to me

my email address: [protected]@gmail.com

E
2:16 pm EST

Toyota Tire sensor presure indicator on my Toyota Tundra 2008

My tire sensor indicator failed April of 2022. It was order through Treasure Coast Toyota in Stuart, Florida. However I have been advised the unit which was determined to be located in the ceiling of my Tundra has been on back order since, and at this time is in a failure mode. I have asked about the possibility of an after market unit which I have been advised against. My question is why has the part not been available in almost one year? I would like to get this issue repaired as soon as possible, and hope it not accede a year! Thank You Edward Fritz

Desired outcome: please get the part and have my truck repaired !

H
2:18 pm EST

Toyota Vehicle price gouging

I recently had the opportunity to purchase a used (2200 miles) 2023 Sequoia, Capstone model. Total price by my research before taxes, came out to a little over $82,000.00 for a loaded vehicle, new! The sales rep told me that "everyone is raising prices over MSRP" and that if I didn't purchase the vehicle for $98,000.00 plus fees and taxes, they would send the vehicle to auction where they would get an even higher price for the car. This is ludicrous! Now they're trying to sell me a Limited model for the same increase! This should be illegal. This dealer is Dayton Toyota, in Dayton, NJ. This is not how a new car buyer should be treated and something should be done about this price gouging and price bidding that's also taking cars away from people who pre-ordered their vehicles, and they were given to someone who was willing to pay a higher price. These car dealers are lying right to our face! Enough is enough!

Desired outcome: Stop the gouging and sell the vehicles for a fair price.

R
12:05 pm EST

Toyota safety recall on Throttle body issue

Throttle problem on various years and models of the Yaris and possibly the Echo.

All variations of the Yaris have been affected including automatic and manual transmissions. Vehicles with low mileage and higher mileage.

Also customers whose vehicle was under warranty and had to pay for diagnostic charges and repairs not needed over the past years.

Thousands of customers affected worldwide with deaths and injuries from accidents caused by this problem.

Desired outcome: 1. A settlement from Toyota Canada Inc in the amount of $2500cdn.2. Class action lawsuit initiated

3:02 am EST

Toyota Service

Booked the Toyota Rav4 Prime and paid the deposit down in April 2021 to the dealership. I have contacted the dealership multiple times. Yet there is no clarity on the timeline when the Rav4 Prime will be delivered. No indication that the RAV4 Prime will be delivered soon. It has almost been two years. At the time when the vehicle was booked; the dealership stated it was a matter of months.

Desired outcome: A timeline should be provided when the RAV4 Prime will be delivered.

Read full review of Toyota and 1 comment
1 comment
Jeff page
, US
Mar 29, 2023 8:38 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Do yourself a favor and buy a tesla model Y !

Z
11:37 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota First service (oil and filter change)

I purchased a 2021 Yaris in Cacak, Serbia at MK Auto. I have been very pleased with the vehicle so far, as I have been with my previous Toyota cars: Cressida, which I drove in Japan, 1996 Pickup, which I am still driving in California, and 2014 Camry Hybrid, which I have driven in California.
I am writing to let Toyota know that I have been astonished by the cost of this first service, simple oil and filter replacement at 14,750 kilometers. MK Auto charged me about $155!

I inquired as to why the service cost so much and was told that a liter of oil cost around $27. I shared with the staff that I was used to paying about $7-8 per liter for synthetic motor oil in the United States. This service for Camry Hybrid cost about $75 at independent shops or about $105 at the Toyota dealership in Gilroy, CA. Of course, Camry uses much more oil than Yaris does, too.

I hope Toyota Corporation will look into why the service costs twice more in poor Serbia, where drivers who appreciate Toyota's quality are ripped off in exchange for their loyalty to the brand.
Doomo Arigato Gayaimasu.
Zoran Starcevic
[protected]@gmail.com

N
10:26 am EST

Toyota Service

Dear Mohamed Naser AL - Sayer

I'm very sorry we have to formally write a complaint!

Please see attached service contract which has been cancelled.

We are shocked and disappointed that our policy has been cancelled, we were informed that we have not brought cars for a service!? which is incorrect we have used your services for many years and serviced and fixed many of our company cars, we had received an excellent service.

The car in question (please see attached) was rejected for service and we were initially informed that you did not have the parts available and would have to order them, so it came as a surprise that you have cancelled the policy.

We need to resolve the issue so I would appreciate a call or response to my email as to how we can move forward on resolving the issue.

Call me on [protected]

Kind Regards

Mr Elbaz

Desired outcome: I would like my cars t be serviced as agreed, you have cancelled the policy and we need to know why, we have tried to contact you via the email and had no response ?

9:58 am EST

Toyota 2022 Tundra, 1794, TRD Off-road 6’5” Cab-Max, 3.5 twin Turbo, no hybrid

2022 Tundra, 1794 - 5TFMA5EC9NX010216

Purchased - 10-04-22

Fred Anderson Toyota of Asheville

Current Mileage - 5,800

My new Tundra gets nowhere near the advertised MPG. I drive normally, no speeding, no hard braking, (as shown on my Toyota App).

Advertised EPA Estimate

Highway - 22MPG

City - 17MPG

Actual after 5,800 Miles

Highway is 19 MAX

City is 15.5 MAX

Please tell me why!

John I

Desired outcome: I’d appreciate a response and a solution!

F
8:34 pm EST

Toyota False advertising and unprofessional service

In searching to purchase a vehicle, I found Toyotas used vehicles site (http://certifiedtoyota.ca/).

I was browsing through the offers and found what seemed to be an amazing offer almost too good to be true. I saw a Camry XSE 2018 for sale at the price of $2,990.

I immediately called the branch (Russelle Toyota) and spoke to a Mr. Peter H. who worked there. I asked him about the vehicle and asked him to please confirm if the price I saw online was correct. I repeated the price and said it seemed too good to be true, is this correct? He assured me the price was correct.

I then asked him to go through the history of the car with me, maybe there was some issues with the car and that was the reason for the low price, he then informed me that the car had a minor accident in the back but had been repaired and is in perfect condition. I confirmed with him that I would be coming up to see the car in person as I do not live anywhere close by but I am very interested.

Once all the information was confirmed with Peter, I drove almost 2 hours to arrive there only to find out that I would be extremely disappointed in every way.

To start off, the vehicle was not advertised at the correct price, not even close. The price of the vehicle was almost $30,000.

When we arrived, my wife entered first and asked to speak to Peter, a person came to meet her and replied "yeah". I then asked, hi, are you Peter, we spoke to a Peter H on the phone earlier, we wanted to look at the car we spoke about earlier today, he again responded with "yeah, its there outside."

He then watched us awkwardly, so my friend who was with us asked him, "ok... is the car open? Can you assist us?", once again Peter responded "Yeah".

We walked outside confused as we did not see the car anywhere as the prices on the vehicles were far from what we saw online, so I asked Peter where the vehicle we spoke about was parked, he gestured to the car marked for almost $30,000. I then informed him that was not what we spoke about on the phone nor was it the price online which I confirmed with him and even went so far as to ask if there was anything wrong with it for the price being so reasonable. He then responded saying "oh, there must be a discrepancy."

His attitude while saying this was emotionless and cold, there was no professionalism or understanding that he not only lied to the potential customer and wasted hours of our time, but he also seemed to want us to leave rather than even try to apologize for the mistake on his end.

I tried to salvage the day by almost begging him if he could at least show us some alternatives or maybe direct us in another direction that could assist us given that we have driven 2 hours to reach here only to find out we were lied to but Mr. Peter H was unable to offer any alternatives.

I could understand a mistake can happen, but after the customer calls, repeats the price, asks if there is a mistake, asks for the history and then sets up a meet that you would at least apologize once to them, but Mr. Peter H at this store was not only unprofessional, but he was also unapologetic and did not seem to know what was online until we showed him and then shrugged it off without caring.

Four (4) hours later as I write this review, the price online is still incorrect, and we never heard a single apology from Mr Peter H. The incredibly disappointing service has left us with a horrible taste in our mouth and honestly scarred us from ever dealing with that Toyota location ever again.

Desired outcome: I would sincerely appreciate some response to what happened today or at least an apology as this service was truly appalling. I would strongly recommend better training for the staff.

A
5:53 am EST

Toyota Toyota Pre Owned

Surprising Experience Al Futtaim Toyota UAE!

I buy the car from Toyota Pre Own from Al Ain showroom and it was the first experience which was the worst and third class experience.  I didn't know there was "No Respect" for buying a small car like a Corolla.  At Al Futtaim Toyota, the only honor is for the one who buys an "Expensive car"

Very very poor and rubbish services.

Update by Abid Fida
Dec 24, 2022 9:17 am EST

Dear Toyota All,

Surprising Experience Al Futtaim Toyota UAE

If the one who buys a Toyota Corolla will not be respected and the one who buys a Toyota Land Cruiser will be respected in Al-Futtaim?

I bought a Corolla from Toyota Pre Own Al Ain Showroom.  At the time of its service, the showroom people say ask the service center and the service center people say ask where you bought the car from...

In fact Al Futtaim Toyota has the very very Rubbish customer services.

I need toyota CEO number so that I can complain to him directly...

T
8:20 am EST

Toyota Frame rust that was supposed to be resolved on my tundra

I took my 2012 tundra in for the frame rust repair when the recall came out. They said they just sealed the frame, and all was ok. I recently took my truck in for bad bed rust. The truck has always since new had a high-quality topper and bed protector.

According to a body shop the rust of the bed came from the frame underneath.

This should never have happened. The rust is almost completely through the bed from underneath.

The frame recall was done by Smart Toyota in Madison Wisconsin

Brian Cornell

[protected]

Desired outcome: Help with the rus issue for anew bed

M
11:01 am EST

Toyota Rav 4 Hybrid

My wife bought a 2022 Rav 4 hybrid. It had 2600 mils on it. We got a carfax on it and found out it was owned by 2 other people. I brought the car in because some of the features would not work. They said it was a certified car and supposedly they checked it out again. The hybrid battery is only 50% charge. Red to electric motor and red to battery. I took a rav4 hybrid from another dealer and saw mostly green and yellow on the screen.

Apple car play only works sometimes. Blue tooth does not pair with Alexa but our phones did. My wife paid 8000.00 dollars over msrp. The dealer should at least check the battery but it is certified and they say nothing wrong. Lazy? I have had Toyota for over 40 years and a hybrid Avalon and hybrid Rav4. Never had a problem.

Also, I wanted to finance with Toyota and they put me into a bank 1000 miles away.

Desired outcome: I would like to meet a Toyota trained mechanic to solve the problems. Call me @ [protected]. Thank you, Mike Roberts

8:17 am EST

Toyota Parts and attitude

I need to buy a new rear light fitting. Jemca, the franchise, want me to go in person to pay and then to return later in person to collect the part. Toyota say this is nothing to do with them.

Toyota themselves direct me to Ebay to buy the part. Nothing is listed at there official Toyota ebay site for my car.

Attitude of both Jemca personnel and Toyota Customer Service staff was appalling. Totally dismissive, unhelpful obviously and condescending.

I am still struggling to get the part.

Desired outcome: I would like to be able to buy the part which costs £125 without multiple trips to a dealer a number of miles away. A better attitude from all for all customers would also be a great outcome ie use this complaint as a learning exercise.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Toyota contacts