Having problems with Toyota?

Toyota Customer Service Contacts

800 869 682 (International)
8800 200 5775 (Russia)
+1 800 331 4331 (United States)
+44 344 701 6202 (United Kingdom)
+353 14 190 200 (Ireland)
+43 161 0040 (Austria)
+32 80 099 955 (Belgium)
+45 44 850 400 (Denmark)
+31 205 929 836 (Netherlands)
+351 808 248 248 (Portugal)
+63 28 192 912 (Philippines)
+966 920 024 454 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 66 311 188 (Singapore)
+27 800 139 111 (South Africa)
+82 805 258 255 (South Korea)
+84 916 001 524 (Vietnam)
+54 800 888 8696 (Argentina)
1 Toyota-Cho

20, boulevard de la république, 92423 Vaucresson Cedex

Germany
Toyota-Allee 2, 50858 Köln

Italy
Via Kiiciro Toyoda, 2 - 00148 Roma (Rm)

Netherlands
Steurweg 8, 4941 VR Raamsdonksveer

India
Plot № 1, Bidadi Industrial Area, Ramanagara District -562 109, State of Karnataka, India

Philippines
Toyota Special Economic Zone Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Highway, Sta Rosa City, Laguna 4026

South Africa
Stand 1, Eastern Service Road Wesco Park, Sandton 2012

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Toyota Customer Service. Initial Toyota complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Toyota above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Toyota. Discuss the issues you have had with Toyota and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 23, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — prius c 8-year hybrid battery warranty

Toyota Prius c I've used a Toyota vehicle for 12 years. They are remarkably well-made and backed by good...

Toyota Motor Corporationtoyota altis

I have just bought a new Toyota Altis from Borneo motor recently, and found out there is no way not to unlock trunk (boot) of the car when I central unlock door. Central unlock basically unlock all door including trunk.
What is logic to unlock trunk when you just want passenger to get out or come in the car.
Do you know there is a security concern for this design as anyone from behind the boot can just take my laptop and valuable stuff away from boot when I am still in car!
Since we have level open trunk, fob remote open trunk, fob button open from trunk why we still need to unlock centrally? It should be a option where we can program it.
Please advise how to change this programming or physically rewire. This design should be recall due security design is breach.

Sep 21, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — service maintenance at 5000 km

I would like to complain about Malaysia Toyota Service Centre at Balakong, Wing Hin Automobile Toyota Service...

Sep 18, 2019

Toyota Egypt — toyota corolla model 2008

My Name is Mrs. Yasmin Elsayed Ahmed an Egyptian Customer had purchased a passenger car Toyota Corrola model...

Sep 16, 2019

Toyota Israel — a defective gps (waze) system, installed in, my car a toyota corolla gli fl6

September 16, 2019 To: Toyota, Customers Complaints Department, From: Dr. David Albin, 1 Hashita St. Omer...

Sep 14, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — negligence on servicing of car battery.

I am the Toyota Camry 2019 owner. Just brought on this april month 2019. would like made a complaint base on...

Sep 10, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — the employees are highly not professional

On Tuesday, my brother went to Toyota klang showroom to apply for sales advisor job and seek whether have the...

Toyota Motor Corporationrecalls

My wife leased two cars from Toyota and at the end of the second lease we purchased the car. Today I find, from Consumer Reports that there have been three recalls (serious) on her make and model and we have never received a recall notice. The dealership was very indignant when they found out we got a loan to buy the car from a local bank @ 1.7%. Is that why we didn't get recall notices (these were "possible fire risk" notices)? Toyota has lost two customers because of it. I drive one, she drives the other and when they're gone, we're gone.

This car is from : Ira Toyota, Milford, MA.

Toyota Motor Corporationoverheating

This is a very unpleasant experience for me as a constant Toyota supporter,
      I have purchased about 4 vehicles and my family members have trusted me and purchased a few and today is the first time I felt that I should stop promoting Toyota and move to other brands.
      My car is just less than 4 years but been experiencing battery and now overheating, I owned a Camry 2015 hybrid.
      I was told i have 3+2 years of warranty and now I was told the 2 years have to be purchased additionally. It's really disappointing and frustrating, Im not going to support Toyota neither recommend, If you think my complaint and concern is nothing then wait for the bigger picture.
      I can be reached at
      [protected]@gmail.com or +[protected]

Thank you.

Sep 09, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — prius 2010 abs recall

Markazia Toyota Jordan is refusing to own up to the recall issued on the abs problem for a 2010 Prius. i...

Toyota Motor Corporationfraud/ripoff

on the 8/17/19, I trade in my 2016 Camry for a new 2019 Camry SE with priority Toyota of Springfield VA. The car mileage was 6 on the odometer. Two weeks later I found out from the car registration Department of Motor Vehicle that the actual mileage of the car is 156. The altered the odometer They made me pay for that car 34, 000 dollars. That a fraud. I called them and spoke to the financial manager all she said she will look in to it and they never called me again. I am spending lot of money in a new car all they gave me was an altered odometer car stating 6 miles on it. Who knows if that car has another issue which am unaware of this car probably is a Lemon car. It very very disappointing
        I was hoping when I trade my car with them they will pay off the bank that loan me which the promise to do. I check my account on the 9/4/19, the bank took the monthly payment for the trade in car which is 350 dollars. I called the bank if Toyota Springfield has paid them off and they told me no.. I called Springfield all the told me we are working on it, I told them why am I paying for a car I already sold to you guy and am still paying for it?. They made me not to like the car anymore. I am very disappointed. I Bought a New car not a car that has been altered. I spend a lot of money for them to treat me that way.

Toyota Malaysiatoyota hybrid battery warranty

I have used a Toyota car for 12 years now. They are remarkably well-made, backed by good service. I now drive a Prius C.

Recently, my hybrid battery warning sign came on. I had heard that the current worldwide warranty on the hybrid battery is 8 years, so I was not too worried. My 12-year experience with the company sales and service was excellent, and I considered them honourable.

Until this issue. Toyota won't honour the battery warranty because I did not use their garage for my car service. But a battery has no moving parts!

A warranty is a demonstration of faith in a product. There should be no strings attached. (I worked in the corporate sector for 20 years. You should see the way some scoundrels weasel their way out of a promise.)

But a warranty with conditions is a service plan. It should be agreed by both parties. I do not recall an offer of such a plan, nor my acceptance. This "warranty" was a unilateral imposition of a service plan in the guise of a warranty. It was deceitful. My 12-year trust with Toyota broke. (I was considering a Camry, but not anymore.)

I do not consider Toyota a dishounorable company, only Toyota Malaysia. This 8-year battery warranty applies worldwide. No strings in the US. That would be illegal. This happens only in Malaysia where consumers are routinely bullied.

When I bought my car in 2012, my warranty was 3-years, and I had to follow a service schedule. After that was over, I chose a neighbourhood garage to avoid wasting entire half-days at a Toyota customer's lounge when I could be working.

This extended 8- year warranty only came in after that.

(I plan to post this on every (Malaysian) Toyota forum online.)

• Ki
              kimbibibibib Sep 16, 2019

@ikanperak, you just can't have your cake and eat it.

• We
              weilin1207 Dec 11, 2019

support!!
              Toyota Malaysia did not allow me to claim my prius hybrid battery either.
              i bought my car on 2012 and this year 2019 is year 7 which is still under warranty period.
              and now TOYOTA MALAYSIA claimed that i miss 2 times service in year 2014.
              WHAT???!!! i am so loyalty to send my car in for service for so many years and now they dig out the history try to deny my warranty. cannot accept the excuses.

• Ga
              gardyine973498573958 Dec 12, 2019

@weilin1207 Yes, it is during those 2 missed Scheduled Service that your Hybrid Battery started to fail but you did not send for servicing.

Sep 04, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — very bad service, dishonesty & bad policy.

I'm Professor Amr Gad, Prof. of General & Vascular surgery, writing for you from Saudi Arabia I have...

Toyota Motor Corporation2006 toyota corolla, ce 1.8l

Dear Manager,

Recently the odometer of the above mentioned car has stopped at 299, 999 km.
            I contacted local dealer and they old me that it can be fixed. I have to pay for that which is quite expensive for this car. My question is, if this is the factory defect then Toyota is responsible for not recalling this kind of issue. I work as a driving instructor and I bought this car considering Toyota reliability and quality. Few years back I had a honda accord and I drove almost 400km and never had this kind of problem .
            This is my daily working car and I dont know how much is real mileage and I can not afford to buy a new car considering my current financial condition as I started this new career just passed one year.

I would appreciate if you can find a solution for my issue. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
            Mohammed chowdhury
            Tel. [protected]
            Email [protected]@yahoo.com

• Updated by mchaudhry · Sep 04, 2019

2006 Toyota, corolla ce, odometer reading stopped at 299 999 km

Sep 03, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — toyota hybrid battery prius c

Dear Toyota Japan, I am writing to you as my last point of hope. Below is my details and fyi I am from...

Toyota Motor Corporationtoyota kluger 2015 re: [protected] kluger 4x2 4x2 gx - seat squeak [ ref:_00d30iwht._5000c1t05a4:ref ]

Dear,
              Please read below.
              Toyota Australia refused to deal with this safety issue due to the vehicle warranty period expired 8 months ago.
              I would like to forward my entire email conversation with Toyota Australia. Please advise how can I do this.

Kind regards,
              Evgueni Grinevitch
              [protected]@device.com.au

Dear Evgueni,

Thank you for your recent email received by the Toyota Guest Experience Centre in relation to your 2015 Kluger.

Regrettably we cannot assist with any technical questions of this nature. As we are not privy to any part or accessory information we would advise contacting the Service department for further assistance in rectifying this concern.

We suggest that you do contact a Toyota Dealership and they will certainly be able to assist with your query. To find the Dealer of your choice, access our Dealer Locator by clicking on:

www.toyota.com.au/dealer

Alternatively, you may contact our office and we will connect you with your nearest Dealer.

It is difficult for Toyota Motor Corporation Australia (TMCA) to comment on the life expectancy of components that are subject to many variable influences over which Toyota has no control. Factors such as environment, operational conditions, age and kilometres travelled, whether original owner or purchased as a used vehicle, individual driving techniques and service/maintenance may impact the life of any component. These variations may have an adverse effect on a motor vehicle and at some stage in the vehicle's life a component may require replacing or repair.

Toyota's New Vehicle Warranty is provided for 3 years or 100, 000kms (whichever occurs first) from the vehicle's first date of registration. Within the Warranty period Toyota will repair or replace, at its discretion, any original equipment Toyota components found to be defective under normal use and operation in Australia. Your vehicle was first registered on the 13/11/2015, with the factory warranty end date being the 13/11/2018 or 100, 000kms (whichever comes first).

We apologise for not being able to provide you with a direct answer to your enquiry in this instance and thank you for contacting Toyota.

Regards

P 1800 TOYOTA (869 682)
              E [protected]@toyota.com.au | W www.toyota.com.au

Sep 01, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — service

I am your client from Egypt All maintenance work I do in your branch in Egypt, model 2016ZRE181L-DEXNKW...

Sep 01, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — customer service

Hello, my name is Erez Baharav and I'm writing to complain about "Dani Glass" dealership located in Tveria...

Aug 27, 2019

Toyota Motor Corporation — end of lease expectations

I leased a 2016 Toyota Scion for 3 yrs. I put 3, 500 down including a trade in! This was so my payments could...

Aug 27, 2019

Toyota Avto Centar — car

I bought a car from this dealer and I still have warranty. I have problems with engine (loss of oil) and they...