Complaints & Reviews

Resolved broken promises

It was my first purchse from The Brick and the last.

1st they made me wait for the deiveries for two days and did not show up. Both days i took days off form work and did not receive my calls.

2nd the mastress they sent was defefctive and i requested reslection within 3months of the warrenty. They said they have to send in the tech before they let me reselect. I asked them what if this process take longer and i am over my warranty period, the agent was ike we look at the date eof the complaint so i waited for tech to come. Tech said he will get back to me in 2days but he never called me back. I called brick back they said they are waiting on manfacturer which i did not understand why becuase i was still with in my 3months of reslection.

So i call them after two weeks asking for the updates they tell me I can not do exchange now becuase 3months are over.

First they tell me to wait then they refuse.

• Ge
    Geoff MacNeil Oct 30, 2007

I bought some furniture from the brick 3 months ago. The sales staff told me the sofa would get delivered and then the kitchen table and chairs in 2 weeks once they got it. I asked if there was only going to be the one delivery charge which is the reason I bought everything from the one store. He told me it would.

Now three months later and I still have not received my kitchen tables and chairs. I asked for a refund of the delivery charge because the strore did not hold up it's promise to deliver everything to me. The company will not give me a refund on the delivery charge because they said they already delivered the one product.

Now I have to go pay another company again to deliver a product.

Resolved return policy

I purchased a washer and dryer from The Brick Warehouse and was told that they would take away my old one for...

moffat dryer not in stock

Purchased a moffat washer and dryer invoice #031494k0089001 the items were not in stock. I kept calling to find out when they would be ready; customer service informed me to check back within a couple weeks. I received a call; but I was going away so I asked her if it is ok to have them picked up within 3 weeks. She adviced me it would be no problem. I didnot hear from the brick within that time so I decided to call and see if I can have my washer and dryer delivered upon me paying the balance owing. At that time after over 1 hour wait on the phone from going back and forth I was told that the invoice is cancelled.
I was rather disappointed to hear that. I told her that I need my washer and dryer that I paid down on. I didnot receive no calls re: order cancelled. The customer service rep contacted a Roy Morgan who decided to assist in this matter. Mr. Morgan asked me to come and see him at William Kitchen Drive Brick store and they will work out something for me to get the appliances without any more money to be paid. I insisted on that because this was no fault on my part. Upon arriving at the store a second invoice was made for me with a substitute without my knowledge. It was a BBXR473EH which happens also not to be in stock. The supervisor Duane was not able to accomodate after spending about 2hrs in the store. He told me that I need to pay over $100.00 to get another dryer. Can you please assist me on this matter. I have purchased many items from the brick in the past; my son also worked for the brick through an agency that shows you how much I value you the brick. Look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

• Se
    seedog Jul 17, 2009

I'll just let you know a little bit about how these companies work. In order to get any of the products you order you need to put full money down. Not a portion. Store managers do not like to bring items down from the distribution center on partial payments.

Back in the day they used to not charge the stores for shipped product until the customer payed for it. Unfortunately due to so many people giving the stores the run around (ordering then cancelling) the cost of shipping it there and back and there and back just got a little rediculous and found it wasn't worth it for dishonest or indecisive customers.

So to put it simply they don't ship items not payed in full in fear that you will cancel. They have to eat the cost of that(in this case) moffat dryer if it got shipped then cancelled. And I'm not saying you would do that..but many people in the past have done this to these companies and essentially screwed them over(it's the same reason most places don't take checks anymore). It's just not good buisness so they stopped doing it. And this is the exact reason why the "restocking" fee came in to play as well. It was put out there for customers who give these stores the run around.

As for your invoice number as much as I would like to help you I have no access to that invoice. Only management has that. And realistically your best bet is to go to the original store that you purchased it from. However I will copy it down and see if there's anything I can swing from my end of things.

Resolved broken washer

I bought a brada fridge from the brick and have had the worst service i have ever had in my life, the fridge...

Resolved lg plasma tv busted by the brick

We bought an LG Plasma tv at the brick 2 years ago and have had problems with it ever since. The warranty company had a repair man come out at least 4 times, then finally in January they picked it up and took it to be repaired (although they had already repaired this same part and it never fixed the problem). A few weeks later they came back with the t.v and when the drivers unwrapped it, it had been smashed ! They put it back on the truck saying they would have to replace it. After a week of calling The Brick (who after smashing our TV didn't even have the decency to phone us !), and the warranty company (who said there was nothing they could do), they finally told us it was decided it was cosmetic damage only and that it would be repaired and returned. After waiting a month for the repair, a few days before it was due back my husband calls only to be told that the parts are on back order and they are not sure when we will see our t.v !!!

The Brick has absolutely dispicable customer service and they don't deserve to be in business. Also, LG's are great t.v's but if you ever have a problem, you will be sorry you bought an LG. Warranty company is absolutely terrible to deal with.

• Vi
    Vicky Valdez Mar 04, 2009

i bought and Lg plasma as well and mine has been working just fine. it depends how well you care for it i guess.

Resolved lies

my 1st letter was e.mail to [protected]@the brick.com on Feb 1st 2009. it was acknowledged indicating result...

1 comment New Glasgow Airlines

Resolved bed bugs

My husband and I bought a couch from the brick back in November. We purchased it AS IS, it was supposed to be...

bicast leather sold as &genuine leather&

I purchased what was represented by The Brick (Canada) as a leather sectional set (ZENNAH2PK). I was looking...

6 comments Mississauga Furniture

Resolved hd tv

I bought a HD 32 inch TV two days ago from The Brick. When I was purchasing it, the salesman did not mention...

here's what to do to file a complaint against the brick

The Brick will ignore your complaints unless you do one of the following. File your complaints so that it ACTUALLY matters:

1. File a complaint with the Canadian Consumer Protection Branch (http://www.gov.on.ca/mgs/en/ConsProt/STEL02_168949.html)

2. File a complinat with the Better Business Bureau
(http://www.ccbbb.ca/). There's a 'complain' option at the top of the page

• Di
    displeased Apr 30, 2009

FYI
    For anyone purchasing from THE BRICK who does not receive promised delivery dates, you may CANCEL agreement as follows:

If the supplier does not make delivery within 30 days after the delivery date specified in this agreement or if the supplier does not begin performance of his, her or its obligations within 30 days after the commencement date specified in this agreement, you may cancel this agreement at any time before delivery or commencement of performance. You lose the right to cancel if, after the 30-day period has expired, you agree to accept delivery or authorize commencement of performance.

If the delivery date or commencement date is not specified in this agreement and the supplier does not deliver or commence performance within 30 days after the date this agreement is entered into, you may cancel this agreement at any time before delivery or commencement of performance. You lose the right to cancel if, after the 30-day period has expired, you agree to accept delivery or authorize commencement of performance.

We do not have a delivery issue but many other issues, so we will NEVER purchase from THE BRICK ...

• Am
    Amnon Jan 14, 2019

Never buy from the Brick

I bought a set of dining table and 6 chairs

They delivered it to me 2 weeks later and all were defeated.
    I called them 2 minutes after the delivery guys left and they said they come like that and you have no choice.
    I took them to the store I delivered them to the store and they were extremely rude to me and my wife. The place is in Hunt Club Ottawa
    90 % of the staff are from Middle East and they started speaking bad a bout us in their language one from the customer asked them to stop, he said if they do not understand your language that does not mean you can insult them.
    I will never go back again and all my friends as well the brick is the worst
    Do not believe them do not buy from them

• Wa
    Wanda Haines Sep 24, 2019

The Brick promised a Sylvania tailgater Bluetooth with the purchase of a TV. I received the speaker and TV on the date promised, the customer service manager sent the driver back to take it back from me. Surprise on me, I was told that I wasn't suppose to get that one even tough it was the exact same one that was on my paid invoice. I waited 20 days for delivery and never once did anyone from the Brick or Brick.ca contact me to tell me it was an online mistake. They took it back so aggressively and now I have no speaker. The customer service manager I spoke to was NASTY!!! I have never witness such unprofessionalism ever!

Resolved Rip off

I purchased, from the Scaborough SuperStore, a living-room set (Sales Order Number [protected]). I paid $1200...

furniture delivered broken

We prchased a 3000 dollar bedroom suite, the delivered product was all smashed, sent them pictures they said they would replace this junk, they delivered (sic) new stuff today in worse shape than the last admitted the dresser had fallen over, but they still brought it. Called Peace River asked for manager said he wasnt in and would get back to me this has been going on six weeks now

Not Happy Dec 15, 2008

Oh my...the salesman told me that they would forward my complaint on to the manager (in the Peace River store) on the Monday (today). I ended up having to call there as no one called me and right off the bat he started accusing me of ruining the furniture and was not helpful at all. I am no trying to decide my next course of action which I think will be gain as much info as possible, try to talk to someone higher up etc etc. Keep me posted on what is happening with your situation on here. PS I have not heard anything good about the management in PR...besides the fact that the product seems to be crap. Thanks.

refund

I bought a $ 100 "Ergo" pillow at the Brick which unfortunately caused neckpain. I tried to return the pillow...

lies/insults & lack of professionalism

I don't wish to go into a long drawn out explaination of our treatment while dealing with your store in...

faulty appliances

My problems go back as far as May, 1999 when we caught our local Brick false advertising. Well we still ended up purchasing about $16, 000 worth of merchandise from 5 appliances, two living room suites with matching end tables and coffee table also a complete bedroom suite. I asked for morning delivery as we also had a moving truck coming and they said it wouldn't be a problem because most of our items would take up a lot of space on truck etc. Well morning delivery turned into late afternoon(4;30). When they did arrive some of my items were discontinued, they gave my bedroom suite to someone else, they damaged my sliding doors, and my one living room suite was to be delivered in 2 months. We called the store and they apologized for all the errors well it didn't end there.
My $2, 500 fridge stopped working, repair came and fixed it and then pointed out the huge cracks in the back of my fridge. We had to have it replaced. No problem. Replaced with the same make, I was happy. Then 2 yrs later, while still under the Brick's warranty, it stopped working and guess what cracks again. The store said they'd replace it but at a lower price because that model was now a $1, 000 cheaper. We weren't pleased but were told that we MUST take one off the floor. We tried arguing but got no where. We picked a model and had it delivered. Well its been 3 yrs (had to repurchase a new 5 yr inhome guarantee) and this fridge started to leak. We called for repair and the guy told us it was just the connections. We tried telling him it wasn't. (that was Sept 15, 2008) Well after he left it started leaking again, he returned the following week and was dumbfounded at what it might be. We (ourselves) disconnected the water at the sink, we thought no water no leak. Well it still leaks. Parts were ordered and they won't arrive for two months or so, because all the components must be replaced. My fridge still leaks and now has caused damage too my ceramic floor. We had the insurance company in and they quoted $5, 000 damage because the whole kitchen floor must be replaced and water has also damaged the bottom of my cupboards.
I have too have a fridge to keep my food cold, yet they aren't concerned about the damage. My insurance company says I need to go after the Brick as well as Transglobal. I just want my floor replaced and too get a new fridge.
Why should I wait 2-3 months for repair on a leaking fridge that is going to cause damage, I'd replace it myself but why should I because I thought thats what the inhome coverage was for.
I've sent numerous emails and phone calls to have nothing returned back. Just don't know what my next step should be.

Debbie

crappy customer service/they lie!

My Fiance and I bought a our first table and chair set from the brick one month before taking possession of our new home. At the time of purchase, we were told that they did not have any in stock but they would be getting a delivery at the end of the month and they would then call us to let us know. We mpved into our new place and never recieved a call, I then decided to call them myself. When I called, I was told that my order had been put on delay and she couldnt give me a date, but had promised me a call when it arrives. One more week goes by, we then go down to the store and find someone to help us. I see a lady sitting at a computer doing nothing so I explaine to her that I had paid for a five piece dinette set and was just wanting to know the status of my order. She comes back with " WELL you DIDNT order your table and chairs through ME! so there isnt anything I can do to help you... Its not like I can look in the computer and see your information! GO TO CUSTOMER SERVICE!" taken back by this we find someone else to help us, we were then told that our order would be in from the 7th-11th of this month and we would get a call. Here we are in our new home with no table for our first thanksgiving dinner with the family...very nice. As we expected, the 11th comes and goes without a call. By this point we have been without a table and chairs for a month and a half. This being the last straw we go down to speak to customer service for a third and final time. When asking the status of our order this time, we were told that it would be in sometime towards the end of this week to sometime next week.. she couldnt even give us a date!! that being said, we asked for our money back and went to another store and bought a beautiful table and chair set and we also were able to get some other things with the money we got back. The Brick has lost another two customers, I have yet to meet one person who has had a good experience shopping from there. My only question is.. how do they stay in business...

• Al
    alberto paliotti Oct 16, 2008

i brought a whirlpool fridge and i maytag stove..the fridge freezer tabs were missing plus the maytag handle was broken when delivered.plus i saw the customer service in lasalle quebec..and i am still waiting..please get back to me

false warranty

I purchased a lot of furniture from The Brick in October, 2007. None of it is up to the quality standards I...

Toronto Furniture

sofa warranty is a ripoff

I purchased a sofa set from the Brick in Richmond Hill, Ontario on August 27, 2008 and it was delivered a couple of days later. A week after receipt, I notice discoloration on one side of the sofa and called The Brick. They sent a tech guy who said that the discoloration could not be cleaned off and the sofa will have to be taken back to the shop and painted !. 4 weeks later nothing further has happened and The Brick customer service has not returned my calls !

• Va
    Valerie Diablo Mar 24, 2009

My nephew thinking of buying a sofa at Bricks. He didn̓t bring his money with him & wanted to borrow, so i was going to let him use my visa. Then i asked Micheal if he can take my status card and we can get taxs off. Then that got his feathers ruffled and he says, "We would have to pay "150.00 for delivery to the reserve." "$150.00 is a lot of money to deliver to the reserve it is only 5 minutes from the store." I don̓t know how he got into compaining about You people are going to end up paying for taxes with a new governement when they go into treaty. "I don̓t know what you people are crying about things that happened 600 years ago." I walked away i started to get mad. My nephew continued to talk to him. He says to Micheal, "I don̓t appreciate how you talk to my auntie she just wanted an anwer you didnt have to start talking about treaty and all that other stuff you said." I don̓t know how it happened but then my nephew said, "Do you want to go at it right now." I guess the boss must have seen something happen and my nephew got sent outside. Micheal got sent home. I am still angry and hurt about what he said about First Nation people. That he has broken the Human Rights and Multiculturalsm by laws values. He had discriminated against our race that is illegial.

jamiek Jan 30, 2010

here is a copy of a letter i just sent the brick head office. Is there anything you suggest I can do??

To Whom it may concern,

My husband and I purchased a couch, love seat, and a chair from the Brick (Grande Prairie Alberta) 3 years ago. We also purchased the 5 year warranty package. We loved the furniture and the service at the store when we purchased it. The laddy was very informative about the warranty, telling us how amazing it was if we had any problems it would either be fixed or replaced. Like I said we have had them for 3 years now and the leather around the seams has been tearing. There are also spots on the couch where the leather has "worn down" Our warranty is also supoed to cover pen marks and there are a few small spots of pen. We recently moved to Fort Mcmurray Alberta and so we went in and did a work order report to have someone come out to look at our furnature. 2 weeks later a lady came to look at the damage. She was very rude. Complaining about the condition of the furnature. She took some pictures and said I should hear back form someone in less then a week. 2 weeks later after calling several times I finally got ahold of the person who did the report and he said that they are not going to FIX or REPLACE the furnature. He said that the furnature had pen marks on it and so it was considered abuse. (Pen marks are supose to be covered in the warranty and they are SMALL marks) He also said there were tears in the couch that was considered abuse. (The couch DOES NOT have "tears" there are spots along the seams where the leather has torn away from the seams. (also suposed to be covered) He then told us that we needed to contact the Grande Prairie Branch because if we bought it from them they have to take care of it. We called them and they said because we moved its out of their hands. What are our options?? We didnt pay for warranty to not be able top use it. We did NOT abuse or furnature. the set that we have is no longer being made and so we would have to pick out something else and our set was only worth $1800 (including warranty) and so we would end up spending more money to upgrade to a different set inturn making the Brick more money. Is there anything that you can do to help with this situation?

sale price not honoured

I purchased a table and chair set from the
Brick Store in my town. I was shopping approximately 2/3 weeks later for a mattress and the same item was then on sale $250 less then my purchase price. At that time I did not mention this to the sales clerk as I was somewhat disgusted the item was signicantly less. After mentioning this to a friend of mine he informed me to contact the company as they do honour sale prices if it goes on sale within 30 days. Well I did, the clerk called me today and apparently the item is not on sale today and he will not honour the sale price. Needless to say, I am very disappointed first in the customer service and second that in such a small town this wouldn't be honoured. Also, our only shopping outlets in Drumheller are The Brick and Sears. I will gladly do ALL MY FUTURE SHOPPING AT SEARS AS MY BUSINESS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT APPRECIATED BY YOUR COMPANY.

refund

Email sent to The Brick and the Better Business Bureau this morning:

I am so frustrated, I don't even know where to begin.

In August, my fiancé and I were very excited to purchase a bedroom set and range from you on a Brick Card (payments deferred for 8 months). The bedroom set was delivered without legs; and then the next day, a range with a broken element came. After a couple of weeks of calling the Deerfoot Meadows store EVERY DAY and never getting a call back (though we were always promised you would call back), eventually we were directed to your warehouse, where we waited for an hour and a half and still no one helped us. The next day, we went directly to the Deerfoot Meadows store where people actually had to talk to us, and a supervisor agreed that everything should be refunded because of our horrific experience.

I wish I could say that the terrible service ended there, it didn't. Getting your company to actually pick up the incomplete bedroom furniture and range proved to be just as frustrating. We booked the upcoming Saturday for the pick-up. That morning, a mover called to say he would arrive in the next couple of hours to pick up the bedroom set. When I asked about the range, he said he had no information on picking up the stove as well. He said he'd call the store to confirm and call us right back when he received clarification. Guess what?! He never did call back. We waited until noon, then called the store to ask if he'd been delayed. They told me that we were mistaken, that they were scheduled to pick up the furniture the following Saturday. When I told her that this made no sense as I had talked to the mover earlier that morning, she insisted that I was wrong. I got off the phone in disbelief. My fiancé called back and insisted that they look into the situation, and it turned out that the mover had rescheduled the delivery date and didn't call back to tell us. Sensing my fiancé's frustration, they reschedule the pickup for that Monday. My fiancé waited most of the day and no one showed up. He went into the store again, where he was told they were coming on Saturday. He spoke with Dawn and she was helpful, and made sure the furniture was picked up Tuesday morning.

Unfortunately, this is not the end of our story. We had planned out equal payments to pay-off the bedroom set before the eight months to avoid interest payments. As such, I made a $350 payment on August 27th (before the chaos, before knowing that dealing with your company would be pure hell). A few days after the movers picked up the furniture, our account read zero. The problem? Our $350 payment should be refunded! For the last couple of weeks, I've been calling The Brick's Financial services( [protected]), trying to get my money back. They kept telling me that it was under investigation and that I'd be contacted when a decision was made. Yesterday I received a message saying I should call them back, so this morning I did. They said I need to call Deerfoot Meadows store to ask about being refunded the Administration fees and Environmental fees (for the removal of our old stove). I totally understand that I need to pay the $25 Environmental Fee because we did receive that service. Other than that, we have received nothing but frustration and wasted time from your company, WHY WOULD WE PAY ADMINISTRATION FEES FOR SERVICE AND PRODUCTS WE DID NOT RECEIVE? As it stands, we have no products from the Brick, and we will NEVER shop there again, so we'll never need to use the Brick Card. In fact, we want it cancelled and destroyed. We want $325 refunded immediately (minus the $25 Environmental fee).

To be honest, I suspect that I will never receive a reply to this email as I've never received a call back from your store or reply to any emails. Your customer service is atrocious! I will be sure to let all of my friends and colleagues know how terrible our experience was.

Rona MacEachern